PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fairly

Patler
03-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Might he be the type of guy TT goes after?

He is a step ahead of Jolly and Guiton in that he has already had an arrest for marijuana possession (dismissed, I think).

Seriously, if he hangs out there another few days so that his expectations decline, could TT have an interest in him?

Rumor a few days ago was that the Colts were going hard after him, but apparently not hard enough to sign him yet.

pbmax
03-11-2015, 07:31 PM
He seems to be both a goofball AND a screwup, though I think I read somewhere he had gotten back on track this past year. Never really had a record of success playing though. Maybe if Guion isn't going to be available or Raji gets priced out of Ted's market.

King Friday
03-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Tough to judge anyone that played in Detroit regarding their mindset. It wasn't like Loco Schwartz ran a tight ship...and probably encouraged those guys to act like nimrods. I don't think that means those guys would act like that in a place like Green Bay.

He hasn't done much on the field to distinguish himself, especially with a guy like Suh next to him eating up blockers. I can see why he's not drawing a lot of interest...and my guess is that Ted will find someone who is more talented for a reasonable price.

Patler
03-11-2015, 08:29 PM
I thought word was he was playing quite well last year before the injury. Weren't some were suggesting Detroit might regret not having offered the 5th year extension if they lost Suh?.

Patler
03-11-2015, 08:57 PM
From "Lions Insider" (whatever that is) at the time of Fairley's injury:

Fairley was having his most consistent and productive season to date before the injury. He and Suh have been among the best defensive-tackle tandems in the league and the anchor for the stout Lions front four.

While it’s unclear how long Fairley will be out, Caldwell said he’s not concerning himself at this point with what any extended time off might do to Fairley's conditioning.

Fairley has done a terrific job all year of keeping his weight down by hiring a personal chef and has stayed in great shape.

Joemailman
03-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Fairley seemed to get his act together in a contract year, before he got hurt. Will he keep his act together once he has about 10 million in the bank?

King Friday
03-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Fairley seemed to get his act together in a contract year, before he got hurt. Will he keep his act together once he has about 10 million in the bank?

Precisely. I don't give a rat's ass about what a guy does in a contract year. Too many flash great for one year, then earn a payday and disappear entirely.

What has he done during his career? Not much. And that's WITH Suh next to him drawing a lot of attention. Me pass.

Fritz
03-12-2015, 08:46 AM
At this point, I think Raji would be a cheaper and better bet. I'd not ignore Fairley, though. He is talented. There is no doubt about that.

I wonder what kind of contract he can command? I think the Lions are still after him, and yes, Patler, at least in the Detroit media it's seen as arrogance on the part of the Lions (overconfidence that they would sign Suh) that they did not tender Fairley, though that ignores that he didn't play well enough to warrant the amount of the tender.

I'd like to see the Packers re-sign Guion and Raji and rotate them at the NT. They need to be stiffer in the middle. But I would be happy if they signed Fairley, though only if it's a reasonable contract. It's just that as talented as he is, and he is, I think Raji fits this team better.