PDA

View Full Version : Joemailman's NFC North 4 Round Mock Draft

Joemailman
03-16-2015, 06:01 PM
1 (7) Chicago - Vic Beasley - OLB - Clemson - Teams switching from 4-3 to 3-4 usually need 2 things. A pass rushing OLB and a NT. Beasley is a perfect fit here.

1 (11) Minnesota - DeVante Parker - WR - Louisville - You have a good young QB. Get him some weapons.

1 (23) Detroit - Eddie Goldman - DT - Florida St. - Yes, they've signed Ngata, but they've lost Suh, Fairley, and might lose Moseley.

1 (30) Green Bay - Kevin Johnson - CB - Wake Forest - CB talent and depth took a hit with departure of Davon House and Tramon Williams.

2 (39) Chicago - Benardrick McKinney - LB - Mississippi St. - He could play outside, but he'll probably play inside to shore up that terrible run defense.

2 (45) Quinten Rollins - CB - Miami, Ohio. - Tough CB with skills who is needed on a team that had only 13 picks last season.

2 (54) Detroit - Ameer Abdullah - RB - Nebraska - Reggie Bush is gone. Lions need someone to pair with Joique Bell.

2 (62) Green Bay - Devin Funchess - WR/TE - Michigan - Almost a physical clone of Finley when he was drafted. He'll give the Packers the seam-buster and redzone threat they've lacked.

3 (71) Chicago - Ty Sambrailo - OT - Colorado St. - Bears need someone better than Jordan Mills opposite Kyle Long.

3 (76) Minnesota - Jaquista Tartt - SS - Samford - Imposing hitter who will toughen up Vikings defense.

3 (88) Detroit - Cedric Ogbuhei, OT - Texas A&M - Detroit needs help everywhere on offensive line.

3 (94) Green Bay - Denzel Perryman - ILB - Miami - Tough player who will improve that run defense.

4 (103) Chicago - Garrett Grayson - QB - Colorado St. - Why not?

4 (107) Minnesota - Josue Matias - G - Florida St. - Good pass blocker who can play Guard or Tackle.

4 (126) Green Bay - Jacoby Glenn - CB - UCF - More depth for the depleted secondary.

vince
03-17-2015, 01:41 PM
I'd say that looks pretty good for GB. Johnson may be a bit wiry for my taste. I like a CB who can run and lay some wood. Not sure about Funchess either, although I don't profess to know much... Will Perryman really be there at the bottom of the 3rd? Would absolutely love him at that pick.

I'm also a Byron Jones fan at CB. Not sure if he's projected to last to the end of the 2nd?

I'd be all over a Maxx Williams, Byron Jones, Perryman draft.

mraynrand
03-17-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm also a Byron Jones fan at CB. Not sure if he's projected to last to the end of the 2nd? .

If he runs a 4.3 at his pro day it's all over; Packers won't get a sniff. Think it's March 31st.

red
03-17-2015, 02:30 PM
perryman won't fall to the third round

vince
03-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Yeah that's what I'd say too. I'd be happy with 1. Jones, 2. Perryman, 3. Funchess then.:-)

Joemailman
03-17-2015, 07:06 PM
You never know what players will fall. 2 years ago a lot of mock drafts had the Packers taking Eddie Lacy in the 1st round. CBS has Perryman at #93, Draft Insider has him at #46, GBNReport has him at #63. And that's why we watch the draft.

red
03-17-2015, 07:28 PM
perryman seems like one of those guys thats gonna climb boards, not fall, the farther we get away from the combine

teams want his kind of fire and intensity, and game film doesn't lie

my guess at this point is he goes later first round to mid second. i don't think he'll make it to our second round pick

vince
03-17-2015, 11:43 PM
You never know what players will fall. 2 years ago a lot of mock drafts had the Packers taking Eddie Lacy in the 1st round. CBS has Perryman at #93, Draft Insider has him at #46, GBNReport has him at #63. And that's why we watch the draft.
Yup. Somebody's gonna fall. They always do. I personally value Perryman over Funchess though. Am I wrong in thinking Funchess has some bust potential? Drops a lot of balls and lacks burst. Fast but one gear. That describes Quarless too who's pretty impotent down the seam. Then there's Fritz' daughter's first-hand intel and I can't help but be skeptical about him. I'd rather see the Bears draft him than the Pack unless it's the third round or later.

Maybe some speed in the slot to help Rodgers and Quarless be more effective. They both came on a bit toward the end of the year and together, picked up a lot of big first downs.

Cobb, Nelson working working their magic on one side of the field (that'd take three guys to defend) and a reliable TE running intermediate under a couple guys threatening deep and not enough defenders to keep up. That'd soften up the D for Lacy. Sweet dreams.

vince
03-20-2015, 01:51 AM
There's so much variability in the CB rankings among the draftnik sites. It seems like they all have questions about them but there are a lot of em to pick from in the early/mid rounds.

Collins from LSU might take a bit to get ready for primetime but may have the highest ceiling of the bunch. He may not even last to the end of the first. Amari Cooper ate him up because he just let him run wherever he wanted.The NFL guys say he can learn how to use his hands better with coaching. Tell that to Ahmad Carroll.

Packers need one for sure that can play quickly and maybe two for depth. Maybe Goodson makes a jump but I think that'd be a surprise based on the little I've seen him play.