PDA

View Full Version : prisco grades all 32 teams on free agency, only one team got an A

red
03-16-2015, 09:52 PM
and that A goes to us and TT

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25110262/nfl-free-agency-grades-32-grades-for-32-teams-but-only-one-a?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

pbmax
03-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Not everyone agrees:

Ben Muth @FO_wordofmuth ยท 12h 12 hours ago
I'm over how people fetishize Green Bays refusal to use free agency. They have the best player on the planet & have made 1 super bowl w/him

I find it odd that he thinks people fetishize the approach. While he has come in for much more regard the last few years, most commentators are still baffled by the near refusal to pay large sums to other team's FA.

smuggler
03-16-2015, 10:45 PM
so what moves does Muth think we should have made?

Cheesehead Craig
03-17-2015, 08:03 AM
What in the blue hell is a Ben Muth?

pbmax
03-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Former Stanford lineman who writes for Football Outsiders on line play. Happened to write the best X and O article about the 579 debacle and how the 49ers blocking schemes ruined the Packer D.

I am not sure who or what he is critiquing (those that fetishize), so its hard to discern what he prefers or doesn't like. But he isn't a knucklehead, so my guess is that the positive coverage the Packers got for retaining Cobb and Bulaga (and the lack of previously ubiquitous sniping over Ted ignoring FA) lead him to believe people thought that Ted's way was infallible.

denverYooper
03-17-2015, 11:55 AM
The Packers made the moves that they felt would make their team better -- cut some guys who were underperforming, let the coach of a chronically underperforming unit go, and re-aligned some of the management duties in an attempt at improving their in-game decisionmaking.

FAs just didn't factor into their plans this year so far, but they made several big moves on other fronts in an attempt to improve the team.