PDA

View Full Version : RIP Terdell Middleton

Carolina_Packer
04-05-2015, 07:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/05/terdell-middleton-dies-at-59/

One of the bright spots of my childhood fandom of the Packers; and there were not many back then. That magical, yet ultimately heartbreaking season of 1978. He looked really good at times in that one season, and you thought there was going to be more, but it was not meant to be. At least he had that one good season, which eludes many players. RIP.

gbgary
04-05-2015, 02:43 PM
yup...i remember him. rip.

Rastak
04-05-2015, 08:21 PM
yup...i remember him. rip.

Me too, I recall him even as a Viking fan....sorry to hear it. RIP.

wist43
04-05-2015, 09:20 PM
He was young... I read the article, it didn't say what he died of - anybody know??

He ran tough in '78... surprised he didn't take off and establish himself. RIP

KYPack
04-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Me too, I recall him even as a Viking fan....sorry to hear it. RIP.

The Terd(ell) usually had good games vs Minny.

His last 100+ game of his career was against the Vikes in '79 135 yards.

In '78 the Pack opened up the season 6-1, but couldn't close it out and wound up 8-7-1, missing the play-offs to the Vikings in a tiebreaker.

Sumbitch, eh?

Carolina_Packer
04-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Hey Wist, I've read two articles online and neither give a cause of death. I looked for an obit in the Memphis paper online, but it only lists very basic facts; no write-up yet. Perhaps since it just happened on Friday his family didn't get it in the paper yet. That's a shame. 59 is way too young. I read that he became a fire fighter after he stopped playing football and retired at age 50, a few years ago as it turns out.

KYPack
04-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Hey Wist, I've read two articles online and neither give a cause of death. I looked for an obit in the Memphis paper online, but it only lists very basic facts; no write-up yet. Perhaps since it just happened on Friday his family didn't get it in the paper yet. That's a shame. 59 is way too young. I read that he became a fire fighter after he stopped playing football and retired at age 50, a few years ago as it turns out.

I thought I read heart attack in one article, but I can't find it again.