PDA

View Full Version : Official 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Joemailman
04-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Finally something important going on in the sports world. Yeah, I know me and Woody might be the only 'Rats watching.

It will have a different look this year. The Los Angeles Kings, winners of 2 of the last 3 Stanley Cups failed to qualify for the playoffs, as did the 2011 champion Boston Bruins. The New York Rangers had the best regular season record, and will be slightly favored over Montreal and Tampa Bay in the East. The West is wide open. The Blackhawks are getting Patrick Kane back from an injury that sidelined him for the last 21 games of the regular season. Kane was leading the NHL in scoring when the injury occurred.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/nhl-playoffs-bracket-schedule-results

digitaldean
04-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Happy to see Tampa Bay (coached by former Green Bay Gamblers coach John Cooper) knock off the Dead Wings. Kind of happy to see Montreal doing well. Loved Calgary's come from behind win (although I turned off the game once it got to 3-0 in the first) to eliminate Vancouver.

Not to sound anti-US, but wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian team win the Cup for a change. If that is the case, I'd love it to be Calgary. They're young and they don't take any crap (especially with the chippy stuff that Vancouver pulled in the first round).

Nothing like Stanley Cup playoff action!

Joemailman
04-29-2015, 10:02 PM
2nd round starts Thursday night.

Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens
Chicago Blackhawks vs. Minnesota Wild
Anaheim Ducks vs. Calgary Flames

Blackhawks defense and goaltending was shaky for much of 1st round series vs. Nashville. They'll need to play better to beat Minnesota. Wild gave the Blackhawks all they could handle in a 6 game series last year.

Great time of the year. Al least 1 great hockey game every night.