PDA

View Full Version : OTA's?

red
04-20-2015, 05:51 PM
didn't these start today?

has anyone heard anything?

how many hamstrings have already landed guys on IR?

wheres the news?

and FUCK TEBOW!!!!!!!!!

Joemailman
04-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Offseason workouts starts today, not OTA's.

The Packers' OTA practices will be conducted May 27-29, June 2-4 and June 9-12.

Typically, the minicamp and one OTA practice per week have been open to the public. |

Patler
04-21-2015, 05:20 AM
I expect there will soon be lift by lift descriptions of the players performances in the weight room.

Fritz
04-23-2015, 01:09 PM
We do know that Sam Barrington, BJ Raji, and Mike Daniels are using the Seattle loss as fuel for the fire.

This is the year, baby.

Cheesehead Craig
04-23-2015, 03:18 PM
There will also be talk about how guys are in the best shape of their lives and really taking things seriously this year.

Joemailman
04-23-2015, 05:10 PM
MM won't be able to talk about pad level because they can't wear pads.

red
04-23-2015, 05:35 PM
We do know that Sam Barrington, BJ Raji, and Mike Daniels are using the Seattle loss as fuel for the fire.

This is the year, baby.

Really? Raji is using it as motivation ? I figured he had a good time on the sideline eating hot dogs during the game.

mraynrand
04-23-2015, 07:37 PM
Really? Raji is using it as motivation ? I figured he had a good time on the sideline eating hot dogs during the game.

Better than Ezra

pbmax
05-07-2015, 03:28 PM
In the spirit of red being confused, here will be the thread for rookie camp.

In the spirit of confusing things more, out first item is about second year player Davante Adams.

Davante Adams ‏@tae15adams 3h3 hours ago
Year 2 and Im still getting called Randall. Be ready to be called Bob if I ur a guy n I dont know u... #allblackpeoplelookalike

pbmax
05-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Bret Hundley and A A Ron Ripkowski have signed contracts.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
#Packers fifth-round pick, QB Brett Hundley, has agreed to terms on a four-year deal, according to a source.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 59m59 minutes ago
#Packers have agreed to terms with FB Aaron Ripkowski, a sixth-round pick, on a four-year deal, according to a source.

pbmax
05-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Jake Ryan also signed.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 2h2 hours ago
Ditto MT @RobDemovsky Can confirm @TomSilverstein's report that #Packers have agreed to terms with Jake Ryan.

pbmax
05-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Cowboys signed the non-baby daddy non-murderer.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 3h3 hours ago
Cowboys have signed La'el Collins, according to a source.

red
05-07-2015, 03:57 PM
3 year 1.4 million dollar deal

so if the plan of his agent was to not get him drafted so that he could "clean up" as an undrafted free agent, well that plan backfired

janis, who was our 7th round pick last year, got a 4 year, 2.27 million dollar deal

so collins is making less per year, then a normal 7th rounder, but he is a free agent after 3 years where a normal draft pick would have to wait 4 years

Brandon494
05-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Cowboys signed the non-baby daddy non-murderer.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 3h3 hours ago
Cowboys have signed La'el Collins, according to a source.

Damn Cowboys looking good after the draft, they ended up with three 1st round talents.

Smidgeon
05-08-2015, 10:28 AM

so if the plan of his agent was to not get him drafted so that he could "clean up" as an undrafted free agent, well that plan backfired

janis, who was our 7th round pick last year, got a 4 year, 2.27 million dollar deal

so collins is making less per year, then a normal 7th rounder, but he is a free agent after 3 years where a normal draft pick would have to wait 4 years

Well, he did basically get to choose what team to go to. He could have been drafted by the Jaguars.

3irty1
05-08-2015, 10:35 AM

His agent said that? That's not actually possible. There are rules for what an UDFA can make just like there are for draft picks.

red
05-08-2015, 10:53 AM
His agent said that? That's not actually possible. There are rules for what an UDFA can make just like there are for draft picks.

his agent didn't come out and say it, but their were a lot of people around the net that assumed that was what the whole thinking was when the agent came out and said he would sign with anyone who drafts him after the 3rd round

but like what you mention, those people failed to realize that an undrafted free agent is not a real free agent that can get a huge contract

and in response to smidge, he had the pick from 25 teams it sounds like, why would he go to a team thats already stacked on the o-line? he's gonna have a hard time cracking the starting lineup, and might have to move to guard to do it. why not go somewhere where he could be the starter from day 1?

smuggler
05-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Only three teams showed interest. Only two offered a contract. Between Miami and Dallas, he probably picked Dallas due to coaching staff, scheme, and (most importantly) likelihood of staying healthy.

pbmax
05-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Didn't the agent say he wouldn't sign with anyone after the 3rd round? He was still trying to get into the supplemental draft at that point.

Once they foreclosed that option, later round pick was viable again. Though the FA after 3 years isn't a bad consolation.

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:20 PM
First Rookie Camp report I read:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/303105301.html

Randall sat out with ankle injury. He must need yoga. Or acupuncture.

The next item was better:

Rollins had the lone interception during 11-on-11 drills, picking off QB Brett Hundley and returning the ball for a touchdown.

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Jags lose their top draft pick, video doesn't look good.

https://twitter.com/cweeks85/status/596744674318098432

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Someone start a thread asking about his post-season honors.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h2 hours ago
McCarthy on Montgomery: "He has a ton of explosion. I thought he definitely stood out today."

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
Here are the 59 players at the #Packers rookie camp, a good percentage of which will not be asked back: http://gnb.scout.com/story/1545066-rookie-orientation-roster?s=61 …

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Magik, right?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEguRB9UkAANh_g.jpg

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Could there be more Packer/Wisconsin connections?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/303113601.html

Over the off-season, Hundley worked in Arizona with former All-Pro Kurt Warner, along with Colin Kaepernick, though added his game is more Russell Wilson, than Kaepernick. Wilson, however, started Week 1 in Seattle as a rookie out of Wisconsin.

red
05-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Only three teams showed interest. Only two offered a contract. Between Miami and Dallas, he probably picked Dallas due to coaching staff, scheme, and (most importantly) likelihood of staying healthy.

where did you see that only 3 teams were interested

according to this article

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/07/collins-hasnt-been-officially-cleared/

That ultimately didn’t stop the Cowboys or, per a league source, upwards of 25 other teams. That’s roughly how many were interested in signing Collins based on independent investigations of the situation.

pbmax
05-09-2015, 01:07 PM
McCarthy Press Conference, Day 2 of Rookie Camp, Beard is still with us. Looks like a cross between Timothy Busfield and Dan Haggarty.

What I caught Live:

Joe Thomas definitely inside LB
Ryan looks natural inside, will stick there for now not a candidate to move

Twitter News Service

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14m14 minutes ago
MM on today's practice: Step up from yesterday. "Very pleased" with quality of drills. Been "excellent" two days.

STUNNED THAT IT WENT WELL I AM

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 21m21 minutes ago
McCarthy says #Packers rookies will have meetings this afternoon, tour @LambeauField & have dinner at Brett Favre's Steakhouse.

THEY ARE REALLY LAYING IT ON THICK. DID YOU HAVE FAVREJACKS FOR BREAKFAST TOO?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m21 minutes ago
On Joe Thomas: He needs to pick up where he left off from before he got hurt last training camp.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
MM on Crockett: Here for a reason. Scouting different today than 25 years ago. Not many guys get missed.

NOT WITH HARV ON CAMPUS THEY DON'T

NotVicKetchman ‏@NotVicKetchman 21m21 minutes ago
I may not know who Joe Thomas is but that doesn't mean I can't ask a question about him.

THE BEAT GUYS REALLY DON'T LIKE VIC. I WONDER WHO WOULD WIN A VOTE BETWEEN VIC AND BILL SCOTT?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
MM on Blake Sims: Did some nice things today. Instinctive.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
On Sims, another position is something that's been "thrown around." Did some post-practice work with some other guys at other positions.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
MM on Jake Ryan: Like what he's done. Bigger than he thought. "Picked it up clean" with making calls. Assertive. Good start.

SO HE IS ENERGETIC AND CAN MAKE THE RIGHT CALLS. BRANDON IS NUTS, THIS GUY IS AJ HAWK. IF HE SHOWS THE SIDELINE THE SHOCKER THIS SEASON, THEY SHOULD INSIST ON A DNA TEST

Biggest revelation is that Rookie Camp is as much for the personnel guys as the coaches and players. Lots of people in the rookie camp are essentially being scouted in-house for the emergency list of players they would pick up if they have space on the PS/roster or have an actual emergency at a position.

The reason its timed for this week (not with vets in a week or two) is to keep up with other teams and not let a player slip through their fingers. Somehow Boykin in Jacksonville figures into this if I heard this correctly.

pbmax
05-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Its a good thing he's got 2 days of stubble because he's so baby faced he looks like he's 11 years old.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEh-gefUsAMRCCm.jpg

pbmax
05-09-2015, 01:28 PM
CMIII working with ILBs during offseason conditioning/workout program.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-thomas-helping-ryan-learn-at-inside-linebacker-b99496568z1-303145821.html

During the off-season conditioning program, which began on April 20, Thomas, Clay Matthews, Sam Barrington, Nate Palmer and Carl Bradford joined together as the inside group. No one is completely entrenched at the two starting positions, although Matthews will start somewhere on defense and Barrington's solid body of work last season gives him an edge over the others inside.

mraynrand
05-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
MM on Jake Ryan: Like what he's done. Bigger than he thought. "Picked it up clean" with making calls. Assertive. Good start.

SO HE IS ENERGETIC AND CAN MAKE THE RIGHT CALLS. BRANDON IS NUTS, THIS GUY IS AJ HAWK. IF HE SHOWS THE SIDELINE THE SHOCKER THIS SEASON, THEY SHOULD INSIST ON A DNA TEST

When I say 'hop' you HOP! when you pass rush mister!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/3d/85/c43d85ca0d572d18b564e0f62af82be8.jpg

pbmax
05-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Adrian Hubbard, making the leap!

The 6-foot-6 Hubbard spent his first season on the practice squad and is now hoping to earn a spot on the roster and, ultimately, the pass-rush rotation in 2015. Hubbard is one returnee who took part in this week's rookie orientation. This off-season, he said, he shaved fat and added muscle and is noticeably more muscular.

After the Packers bypassed potential edge rushers in the NFL draft — such as Nebraska's Randy Gregory in the first round and UCLA's Owa Odighizuwa in the second — Hubbard has a realistic shot at finding a niche.

He hasn't stepped on a scale in two weeks, but said he was a more solid 256 pounds.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/adrian-hubbard-benefits-from-off-season-work-in-green-bay-b99496463z1-303197071.html

red
05-10-2015, 10:27 AM
not a whole lot of free space at OLB though

pbmax
05-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 41m41 minutes ago
No idea who #packers are signing if anyone from the weekend. Gotten "no" from several players. Sims among them.

pbmax
05-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Signings rom rookie camp:

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 10m10 minutes ago
As @PackerReport said, #Packers told Alabama QB Blake Sims he won't be signed at this time. CMU OL Andy Phillips tweeted that he's staying

pbmax
05-11-2015, 07:31 AM
When your worries about depth revolve around the 3rd RB, you have an embarrassment of riches.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7h7 hours ago
05/10/15 In the running: With the Packers thin at running back, undrafted rookies John Crockett and Alonzo Har... http://bit.ly/1cGSMfm

pbmax
05-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29s29 seconds ago
Told the #Packers are going to release Luther Robinson today. Was good story as tryout guy who contributed last year.

Patler
05-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29s29 seconds ago
Told the #Packers are going to release Luther Robinson today. Was good story as tryout guy who contributed last year.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the calf injury that put him on IR at the end of the season.

Carolina_Packer
05-11-2015, 10:20 AM
I wonder if it has anything to do with the calf injury that put him on IR at the end of the season.

It would almost certainly be his injury that made the team sour on him at this point. If they liked him well enough to keep him on PS and then he got promoted and then injured, he must be more banged up and not ready for the 90 man.

vince
05-15-2015, 09:32 AM
Adrian Hubbard, making the leap!
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/adrian-hubbard-benefits-from-off-season-work-in-green-bay-b99496463z1-303197071.html
Hubbard has all the potential and definitely needed to get stronger so hopefully he makes the leap on the field. He looked a little slow and a bit soft to me in college. Didn't show great explosion or instincts. Struggled to shed blocks against the run. Maybe the added strength will help him change that. Like someone said, he's looking up at 5 or 6 guys with Elliott and maybe Mulumba. He might need an injury to crack the 53.

Would love to see him get another year to develop because he has the tools to possibly be an answer to the impending turnover at the position after this year with the aging Peppers and Neal/Perry likely looking to get their best chance at serious money. I just have doubts about whether he'll be quite ready yet though. Maybe he could be a sixth OLB that makes the 53 but doesn't dress.

pbmax
05-26-2015, 10:35 AM
OTAs begin this week. Anyone attending?

Organized Team Activities

May 27-29 (May 28 practice open to public)
June 2-4 (June 2 practice open)
June 9-12 (June 10 practice open)

Mandatory Minicamp

June 16-18 (all practices open)

Guiness
05-26-2015, 11:16 AM

The agent's math involved more than just the initial contract.

First was that as a UDFA, he can renegotiate after 2 years, a drafted player has to wait a minimum of 3. Second was that if he plays out his 3 year contact, and has a first round tag put on him as a RFA, at the end of 4 years he makes as much money as a mid-second round pick.

Pugger
05-27-2015, 06:01 AM
Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley will miss part of the OTAs this week because they will be in Los Angeles on Sunday for the NFLPA's Rookie Premier event. Last year Adams and Thornton attended this event and missed some of the first OTAs.

Guiness
05-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley will miss part of the OTAs this week because they will be in Los Angeles on Sunday for the NFLPA's Rookie Premier event. Last year Adams and Thornton attended this event and missed some of the first OTAs.

Unbelievable they continue to schedule this in a way that conflicts with OTAs. No way the rookies want to miss any of these practices.

Patler
05-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Unbelievable they continue to schedule this in a way that conflicts with OTAs. No way the rookies want to miss any of these practices.

I think the Packers knew about this when OTA's were scheduled. The league calendar often is set several years in advance.

pittstang5
05-27-2015, 02:02 PM
I think the Packers knew about this when OTA's were scheduled. The league calendar often is set several years in advance.

Interesting.

So if the Packers knew about it, why schedule OTA's during that time - just move it a day or two. I guess they (the Packers) feel it's only a day or two and they won't miss much?

Patler
05-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Interesting.

So if the Packers knew about it, why schedule OTA's during that time - just move it a day or two. I guess they (the Packers) feel it's only a day or two and they won't miss much?

Ya, I think it is just something they accept. Just like the rookies who aren't allowed to attend because their class has not yet graduated, even if they are no longer attending school. Most years the Packers seem to have a player in that category too. They come to the rookie camp in early May, since they are allowed to attend only one function until after graduation.

Guiness
05-27-2015, 03:26 PM

Except most NFL teams have OTAs this week, don't they? I assume there's a reason for that?

Pugger
05-28-2015, 05:55 AM
Evidently Montgomery is going to miss the OTAs because Stanford hasn't had their commencement yet.

mraynrand
05-28-2015, 07:04 AM
Evidently Montgomery is going to miss the OTAs because Stanford hasn't had their commencement yet.

They study out there until the last second

Smidgeon
05-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Nice caption editing, JSO:

http://imgur.com/7VDFGK8

In another caption, they called Bradford an outside linebacker. Not as egregious as the M1 vs M3 mixup, but still kind of obtuse for someone covering the Packers.

pbmax
05-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Matthews still in the middle. Has any team had the appropriate people in place, in charge with appropriate authority, with less fanfare than the Packers GM, HC and assistants? Its very impressive how they stick to their guns without bleating to the press about it (Rex Ryan, Mike Zimmer*).

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
Matthews Remains Man in the Middle for #Packers http://t.co/sAqJjwJEQV

* Speaking strictly about Peterson for MikeZ

pbmax
05-28-2015, 06:01 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3h3 hours ago
Casey Hayward said he didn't practice due to a foot injury. Has held him back this off-season, but expects to be ready for training camp.

Is B.J. Raji (torn bicep tendon) back to full strength? "Yeah, I am. I’m able to do everything.”

pbmax
05-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Perry had a bum shoulder last year.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/305361621.html

red
05-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Perry had a bum shoulder last year.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/305361621.html

of course he did, when hasn't he been injured?

pbmax
05-28-2015, 07:41 PM
of course he did, when hasn't he been injured?

This will brighten your day:

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 51m51 minutes ago
There were plenty of welcome sights at today's #Packers OTA practice: http://pack.rs/32rpp

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGIYdTBU0AA2krx.jpg:large

Guiness
05-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Casey Hayward said he didn't practice due to a foot injury. Has held him back this off-season, but expects to be ready for training camp.

Hadn't heard about that. He's a talented player, but can't stay healthy.

Pugger
05-29-2015, 04:28 AM
Nice caption editing, JSO:

In another caption, they called Bradford an outside linebacker. Not as egregious as the M1 vs M3 mixup, but still kind of obtuse for someone covering the Packers.

Dear god...Holmgren?? :???:

mraynrand
05-29-2015, 06:23 AM
"Packers Defensive Tackle Gilbert Brown Returns to Practice" - JSOnline

pbmax
05-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Finally called one right. Matthews the starter inside for now.

http://m.host.madison.com/sports/football/professional/tom-oates-clay-matthews-poised-to-again-spend-most-of/article_cb07ee06-5e1d-5877-b20c-5045bd481aff.html?mobile_touch=true

For once I don't think this is coach-speak, it really is about Matthews PLUS Neal and Perry:

“There’s no question in my mind that we became a better football team when we put the best 11 players on the field toward the end of the season,” defensive coordinator Dom Capers said after practice Thursday.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=20451&is_corp=1

pbmax
05-29-2015, 08:52 AM
OLB is the thin position now: http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1550163-update-matthews-remains-man-in-the-middle

Peppers is sick, Neal and Perry are recovering from injuries.

If there was any surprise, it's this: Matthews spent the day lined up with Sam Barrington on the No. 1 defense, even though the team was paper thin at outside linebacker with Julius Peppers sick, Mike Neal and Nick Perry sidetracked by injury, Andy Mulumba returning slowly from a torn ACL and rookie James Vaughters wrapping up his classes at Stanford. That left only three outside linebackers — second-year player Jayrone Elliott, first-year player Adrian Hubbard and rookie Jermauria Rasco taking all the reps.

Guiness
05-29-2015, 09:19 AM
OLB is the thin position now: http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1550163-update-matthews-remains-man-in-the-middle

Peppers is sick, Neal and Perry are recovering from injuries.

Paper thin...on paper only. Mathews is working exclusively inside because those reps will do him the most good, he could slide back outside if needed with not issues.

Smidgeon
05-29-2015, 10:01 AM
With Hayward sidelined with a foot injury, Demetri Goodson lined up with the ones on the outside.

Raji was at nose and Guion at end.

Iron Mike
05-31-2015, 07:23 PM

Separated at birth???

http://bavatuesdays.com/files/2010/04/Wanderers-The-Erland-van-Lidth-5.jpg

wist43
05-31-2015, 11:11 PM
Separated at birth???

http://bavatuesdays.com/files/2010/04/Wanderers-The-Erland-van-Lidth-5.jpg

Yeah, but I bet Raji can't sing like Grossberg!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOMm6ecIuY

Fritz
06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
With Hayward sidelined with a foot injury, Demetri Goodson lined up with the ones on the outside.

Raji was at nose and Guion at end.

I'll be curious about whether Goodson can make that second year jump.

I'll also be curious to see if Raji can be a force again. I hear he's lost his arch-quickness, but may have gained strength.

And will Datone Jones finally show up like a first round pick?

Smidgeon
06-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I'll be curious about whether Goodson can make that second year jump.

I'll also be curious to see if Raji can be a force again. I hear he's lost his arch-quickness, but may have gained strength.

And will Datone Jones finally show up like a first round pick?

Me too.

Maybe.

No.

Fritz
06-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Me too.

Maybe.

No.

Sheesh, now I don't even have to watch the movie!

Smidgeon
06-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Sheesh, now I don't even have to watch the movie!

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Carolina_Packer
06-03-2015, 10:04 PM
2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Quoting Meatloaf?

Smidgeon
06-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Quoting Meatloaf?

I was hoping someone would notice. Repped.

Upnorth
06-04-2015, 03:19 PM
I was hoping someone would notice. Repped.

Paradise by Lambeau Fields lights

ThunderDan
06-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Paradise by Lambeau Fields lights

Ain't no doubt about it!

bobblehead
06-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Ain't no doubt about it!

It was almost 17 below and we were barely dressed.

Upnorth
06-08-2015, 12:24 PM
It was almost 17 below and we were barely dressed.

Lacy's gonna go all the way tonight, score a touchdown or two tonight tonight

Guiness
06-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Lacy's gonna go all the way tonight, score a touchdown or two tonight tonight

Jesus, are you drunk this time of the day? :glug:

Welcome back buddy!

Upnorth
06-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Jesus, are you drunk this time of the day? :glug:

Welcome back buddy!

Its tuesday afternoon whatya expect??? I have become more of a lurker Guiness, but still here reading fairly often. Just figured i would sing with you fellas today.:glug:

pbmax
06-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Open practice today (Randall on left, Henry Rollins Band on right):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJwae3UYAAml05.jpg:large

pbmax
06-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m6 minutes ago
Matthews got work with the outside linebackers earlier. Here he is listening to some Springsteen (who is overrated).

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 9m9 minutes ago
OTA attendance not here/practicing:
Shields
Perry
Peppers
Perillo (here, not participating
Montgomery
Boyd
Neal
Coxson
Hayward (here, NP)

pbmax
06-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4h4 hours ago
Micah Hyde, Randall Cobb, Quentin Rollins, Damarious Randall and Jared Abbrederis fielding punts

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 4h4 hours ago
Catching punts today: Cobb, Hyde, Randall, Rollins, Janis, UDFAs Collins & Blue

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8h8 hours ago
PR meant Abbrederis not Janis

pbmax
06-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6h6 hours ago
Tyler Dunne retweeted Khary Goodwin
Goodson and Randall were wide, Rollins in the slot.

Two-minute drill ends with Rodgers 10-yard TD to Cobb on third down. Also found Janis (7 yards), Lacy (9), Adams on rollout (24), Cobb (15).

ABRACADABRA HAD A TOUGH DROP

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7h7 hours ago
Scott Tolzien taking the No. 2 reps at QB over Hundley. Looks sharp in this team segment.

MADE THE RED ZONE DRILL WORK AS WELL WITH A SCORE

pbmax
06-10-2015, 08:16 PM
M3 PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7h7 hours ago
McCarthy on Tolzien: Three outstanding throws in the two-minute drill. Taken step during OTAs. Preseason games will be key.

McCarthy said Nelson been here more than any player this season. He and Cobb complement each other and are excellent leaders.

McCarthy on Hundley: Doing well. Made step past couple days. He's "on time." Lots to soak up with Rodgers, Tolzien.

McCarthy on retaining key free agents: Players like being with GBP. Resources, history, way they're treated. Want to win championships.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6h6 hours ago
MM on Nelson: Should be fine for training camp (he did some work today). Been on time with his rehab.

McCarthy thinks OL can be even better. "Based on what we've accomplished and continuity ... we're having a heck of an offseason."

Starting fast will be emphasis but adjustments will be minor.

Year 1 players trying to keep head above other. Now, must understand the big picture of how everything fits together.

Fritz
06-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Has Nick Perry ever, ever, ever been healthy? I wonder if he might not be a slightly surprise cut in camp.

KYPack
06-12-2015, 04:44 PM
he'll stick, Fritz.

He's a key component of our deadly 2-4 defense.

red
06-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Open practice today (Randall on left, Henry Rollins Band on right):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJwae3UYAAml05.jpg:large

is it just me, or does our 1st round pick look like he's full on retarded in that picture?

pbmax
06-12-2015, 07:35 PM
His eyes are closed. Like this:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--v8u42fkU--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/180eretlsymo9jpg.jpg

pbmax
06-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Minicamp Begins and M3 has answers:

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8h8 hours ago
McCarthy on Day 1: today was review of eight installs. All situations hit during move-the-ball team periods.

Montgomery: "Ty looked excellent." Good practice Friday and today. Picked it up really quick.

McCarthy on working with Capers: Impressed with whole staff. Confirmed "what I already knew" about them.

Among coaching ideas, had, for example, Campen teaching OL techniques to the DL.

McCarthy on tomorrow. Will not say what "team activity" will be.

The team-building activity is about "culture." People win games.

McCarthy on Adams: "Clear illustration" of first-year player taking jump in Year 2. Been "tremendous" throughout OTAs.

McCarthy on Blanchard: Heck of a day. Wondered "why in the hell" he didn't have a job. Lot to work with.

Hayward did some individual today. MM thought that was important to get some work before the break. And that's all from here.

pbmax
06-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Blue, Hayward, Perry, Perillo, Boyd and Neal didn't practice. Crockett dropped out with ankle injury.

Adam Czech ‏@adamczech 8h8 hours ago
All this hype about Davante Adams is the Packers' attempt to draw attention away from Jeff Janis before Janis demands a new contract.

Zach Kruse ‏@zachkruse2 8h8 hours ago
Rodgers calls Davante Adams a star. McCarthy says it's clear Adams has taken the second-year jump. Hype is real.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7h7 hours ago
Nick Perry said he had shoulder surgery after the season. Bothered him most of 2014. Said it was frustrating, but wanted to play thru it.

New at the JS Blog: #Packers OLB Nick Perry on injuries... "It's pretty frustrating... knowing how great I can be" http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/307660701.html …

IF THE KID COULD STAY HEALTHY, HE COULD DO SOMETHING. BUT HE CAN'T STAY HEALTHY FOR A FULL SEASON

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10h10 hours ago
Rookie corners Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins both getting snaps at outside corner today.

Good day for former UW-Whitewater QB Matt Blanchard. Drops a TD to Backman on a corner route. Gets a fist bump from OC Edgar Bennett.

MCCARTHY LATER SAID HE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS KID WASN'T ALREADY ON A TEAM

Janis burns his corner deep, puts the arm up but can't haul in. Soon after, White can't hang onto a 40-yarder from Blanchard. Great throw.

WHITE RECEIVERS

Rodgers looking to Montgomery a lot today, trying to get the rookie a lot of action before everyone breaks for the summer.

Catch of the Day: Rodgers to Andrew Quarless in the back corner of the end zone. Tight coverage. Pulled it in with one hand on his way down.

Montgomery pulls in another one from the slot, this time from Blanchard for a touchdown.

Ty Montgomery with a catch up the right seam in stride his first 11 on 11 drive as a Packer. From Tolzien. He's got some speed.

First snap of this 11 on 11, Matthews and Barrington are the inside linebackers.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 10h10 hours ago
With Hayward out Randall working with No. 1 nickel as outside CB opposite Shields, Hyde in slot

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 10h10 hours ago
Mason Crosby 8 for 8 on field goals (33RH, 36 RH, 40LH, 43 RH, 45LH, 46 LH, 48 RH, 50 LH)

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 11h11 hours ago
Randall Cobb, Jared Abbrederis, Micah Hyde and Ty Montgomery catching punts for #Packers.

Bossman641
06-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Adams sure is getting a lot of hype. If he and either Rodgers or Quarless make a jump the offense should be damn near unstoppable.

pbmax
06-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I was a bit surprised how open they were about it. Every year someone gets good advanced pub, buts its not often "superstar in the making" pub.

KYPack
06-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Adams sure is getting a lot of hype. If he and either Rodgers or Quarless make a jump the offense should be damn near unstoppable.

Adams looked like a baby star last season, this should be a "leap year" for him.

I've got a lot of hope for Rodgers, but he could go either way. He has to keep working on his body, shed the baby fat and get even more muscular.

Wadda I know, I had big hopes for Boykin and Bostic last season.

Patler
06-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Montgomery is getting his share of publicity, too. Not only from MM and Rodgers, several of the reporters seem to be impressed, too.
If both pan out, Abbrederis and Janis better work on those punt/kick returns.

Bossman641
06-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Any guesses on the team building activity today? Think they've done bowling, skeet shooting, and dodgeball in the past.

pbmax
06-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Go karts.

Guiness
06-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Go karts.

*tries to picture Sitton and Lang and Guion in Go karts*

methinks the CBs will have a decided advantage in this one.

Smidgeon
06-17-2015, 03:10 PM
Adams looked like a baby star last season, this should be a "leap year" for him.

I've got a lot of hope for Rodgers, but he could go either way. He has to keep working on his body, shed the baby fat and get even more muscular.

Wadda I know, I had big hopes for Boykin and Bostic last season.

I'll be honest. I don't get the Rodgers love. He doesn't seem all that athletic to me, though I could be wrong. I just keep imagining a slightly faster, slightly smaller Bubba Franks with better hands. Not a seem-stretching NFL TE. I hope I'm wrong.

pbmax
06-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 17m17 minutes ago
The #Packers took a break from minicamp for a day of team-building. Find out what they did: http://pack.rs/36wwv

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHutt-6WIAEHbNC.jpg:large

pbmax
06-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Quotes from the story:

“I’m not accustomed to being in the woods,” said tight end Andrew Quarless, a native of Brooklyn, N.Y. “I’m not from that type of lifestyle, but it’s definitely fun to get out here and challenge myself. I’m getting a little upset, missing a few, but I’ll get better.”

I LIKE A GUY WHO GETS UPSET AND GEARS HIMSELF UP FOR A CHALLENGE, EVEN FOR A SINGLE DAY EVENT. I USED TO DISMISS THIS KID OUT OF HAND, BUT I THINK I WAS WRONG TO DO SO. HE GETS IT, IF HE CAN JUST STAY UP ON HIS FEET.

Some of the novices were picking it up quickly. Rookie cornerback and second-round draft pick Quinten Rollins was seen hitting two of six at one station and four of six at another. “I’ve never done this before,” Rollins said. “I’ve been getting better throughout the day.”

QUINTEN ROLLINS BAND IS A FAST LEARNER.

pbmax
06-17-2015, 04:20 PM
LEFTY

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/06-June/temp150617-shootingPMG_306515--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

pbmax
06-17-2015, 04:24 PM
SPORT OF KINGS. AND FOOD INSIDE A ROASTER.

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/06-June/temp150617-shootingPMG_316831--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

mraynrand
06-17-2015, 04:45 PM

You can't fit a 40 pound roast in a wimpy Nesco like that!

Fritz
06-18-2015, 05:53 AM

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2015/06-June/temp150617-shootingPMG_316831--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Later, they're going out on the lake in a party boat . . .

pbmax
06-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 12m12 minutes ago
And another tough catch by Rajion Neal. Accelerates past LB Josh Francis up the sideline on a wheel route. Cradles the ball in stride.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 17m17 minutes ago
Keep an eye on RB Rajion Neal this summer. Has caught everything thrown his way. Just turned Bradford around on a route in 1 on 1's.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 11m11 minutes ago
Both Ty Montgomery and Micah Hyde returning punts deep for the Packers.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 10m10 minutes ago
RT @KFAN1003: Zimmer: We don't get better at team building by playing ping-pong. We're going to team build by winning on the football field.

LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO JIM SCHWARTZ, MIKE. BEWARE SCOFFING AT TARGET SHOOTING'S APPLICATION TO FOOTBALL.

pbmax
06-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 20m20 minutes ago
Same story as Tuesday at QB. Matt Blanchard way ahead of Hundley right now. Hits White (twice), Hunt, Backman in 2-minute drill.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 27m27 minutes ago
Andy Mulumba, back in team, pressured and likely would've had sack on Hundley before Goodson pick

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 27m27 minutes ago
CB Demetri Goodson just had his best series of the spring. Breaks up a Hundley slant (QB hesitated), picks off deep ball to Pinkard 1 on 1.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 31m31 minutes ago
Tretter snap goes over Blanchards head to end first two minute. Second group ends with Hundley getting picked by Goodson

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 34m34 minutes ago
Rajion Neal makes two more slick plays out of the backfield. A TD in red zone, a long gain in 2-minute drill. Front-runner for No. 3 job.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 38m38 minutes ago
Tolzien comes back from INT by stepping into and driving a TD strike to Myles White at goal-line pylon. #Packers

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 41m41 minutes ago
Pick parade at #Packers practice. Blanchard, Hundley and now Tolzien have thrown them in 11-on-11. Banjo snags an off-balance Scoots throw.

MORE BANJO

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 41m41 minutes ago
The next play, Hyde picks off an underthrown Hundley ball to Abbrederis in the corner of the end zone. Then Banjo intercepts a Tolzien pass.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 46m46 minutes ago
Matt Blanchard taking secknd team rep ahead of Hundley. Just picked off by Fanor

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 45m45 minutes ago
A pick-six for S Jean Fanor. Matt Blanchard's pass was tipped at the line.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 45m45 minutes ago
With Sitton and Lang excused, Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Linsley aren't doing 11-on-11 either, it appears. Barclay getting team snaps, though.

pbmax
06-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 10m10 minutes ago
RT @KFAN1003: Zimmer: We don't get better at team building by playing ping-pong. We're going to team build by winning on the football field.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 11m11 minutes ago
McCarthy laughs and agrees with Zimmer that ping-pong is bad for team-building. "Only four guys can play. With football players, only two."

pbmax
06-18-2015, 05:42 PM
A few young #Packers players who stood out in OTA's/minicamp: RB Rajion Neal, OLB Adrian Hubbard, QB Matt Blanchard, S Jean Fanor.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3h3 hours ago
#TableTennis RT @TJLang70 I have great memories playing ping pong with my teammates FYI.

Guiness
06-20-2015, 09:06 AM
Blanchard huh? I wonder what the chances of his making it as #3 over Hudley are? He's got 3 years in the league so it wouldn't be surprising that he's ahead at this point.

pbmax
06-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Blanchard huh? I wonder what the chances of his making it as #3 over Hudley are? He's got 3 years in the league so it wouldn't be surprising that he's ahead at this point.

If he maintains this in camp and preseason, he will get picked up. Other teams liked him until the injury and I don't think he makes the roster as they will want to give Hundley a couple of years.

Pugger
06-20-2015, 11:00 AM
If he maintains this in camp and preseason, he will get picked up. Other teams liked him until the injury and I don't think he makes the roster as they will want to give Hundley a couple of years.

Unless Hundley becomes the second coming of Brian Brohm... :-?

vince
06-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Sounds like Rajion Neal and Adrian Hubbard have looked good this offseason. Two guys to watch once the pads come on.

I've read some love for Ladarius Gunter too. He's embracing a possible special teams role with gusto. That bodes well for him.

Patler
06-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Hubbard is one of the guys I am very interested in following this training camp. He was projected in the 3rd to 5th rounds by most sites until the question of a potential heart condition came up just before the draft. That might indicate more raw potential than a typical undrafted FA. Some questioned his desire and attitude, but he spent the entire off season in GB and in recent interviews gave no impression of a feeling of entitlement. Reporters said he is noticeably more muscular than last year. He has been in GB all off season, and is staying there until camp starts:

"Wake up. Come here. Work out. Go home," Hubbard said. "It's my job, so I'd rather be here for my job than back at home relaxing."

Fritz
06-23-2015, 11:29 AM
I wonder if coach's comments about Hubbard will motivate or affect someone like Jayrone Elliot, who was last year's poster boy for rookie surprise. Will he shrug it off, or work harder before training camp? Did he rest too much after getting mostly glowing reviews as a rook, or is it just impossible to single out more than a couple players before it's not being singled out?