PDA

View Full Version : A LOOK AT TEDDY'S DRAFT DAY TRADES

Bretsky
04-23-2015, 10:37 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/301153001.html

Bretsky
04-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Interesting to look back on...didn't realize we could have snapped up Julius Thomas and instead we traded back and got DJ Williams; I remember when TT traded back and let Chad Jackson go....boy was I wrong there

pbmax
04-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Yeah, have to wonder what they (and everyone else) didn't see with Thomas.

Bretsky
04-24-2015, 06:23 AM
yes...agree....perhaps that was a bit before the love for the dynamic pass receiving athlete as a TE had kicked in. Going forward I think players like that will get over drafted

Guiness
04-24-2015, 09:18 AM
yes...agree....perhaps that was a bit before the love for the dynamic pass receiving athlete as a TE had kicked in. Going forward I think players like that will get over drafted

I don't know, by there time there were already a quite a few college basketball players who had been very successful in Gonzales, Gates and Graham. I think those guy are tough to judge, they can have obvious very good athleticism but limited football tape. Wasn't there a story about some college bball player Rodgers met and was throwing the ball to?

smuggler
04-24-2015, 10:12 AM
The guy you are referring to is already in the NBA though.

vince
04-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Trader Ted at work. A lot more wins than losses there. D.J. Williams, Jeremy Thompson and Worthy stand out as bad deals.

Ted swindling Hoody Genius by getting Jennings and Spitz for Jackson, and stealing Matthews from him are legendary heists. I know you can follow that trade through fifteen different transactions and tie Gronk back to it but that a bit dubious IMO since it includes so many other picks and deals over a few years.

Lacy, Bakhtiari, Heyward, Nelson, Burnett, Jennings, Spitz, Colledge, Matthews...

Advantage Ted

Bretsky
04-24-2015, 06:24 PM
So the real lesson is TT should keep trying to swindle the greatest coach in NFL History ....who is also the evil demon of the NFL and a cruddy GM. It's been good karma so far so let's do it again !!

smuggler
04-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Best coach? Possibly. Greatest? Not even close.