PDA

View Full Version : WHITTICKER and MOORE RELEASED!

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Packers | Team releases Whitticker
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:20:21 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have officially announced the release of OL Will Whitticker.

Packers | Team releases Moore
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:02:49 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have officially announced the release of OL Michael Moore.

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Not at all surprised that Shitticker was released. A little surprised about Moore. I read a story last week that stated he was getting better and would be a solid back-up. I guess Peko out-played him. I wonder if this means they signed two guys off the waiver wire?

CaliforniaCheez
08-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Whitticker was just a rookie last year and I thought he would improve.

However, Ted wants to go with a younger option.

Whitticker will likely find work with a team with a better blocking scheme than the fall-at-their-knees zone blocking scheme.

Willard
08-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Watch Houston pick up Whitticker. I hear their OL Coach thinks a lot of him.

SkinBasket
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM

Something tells me it was his blazing slowness and amazing mediocrity that got him cut and not his age.

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Whitticker was just a rookie last year and I thought he would improve.

Whitticker will likely find work with a team with a better blocking scheme than the fall-at-their-knees zone blocking scheme.

You're right, Atlanta and Denver have terrible run schemes! We should have mastered it after a couple of months with two rookies on the line. Don't give them ANY time to improve over the season, just declare the zone blocking scheme as a bust. Get serious!

Whitticker was a pile. No heart. He will fade away after he gets fired from a couple teams.

ahaha
08-31-2006, 05:11 PM

Better than the scheme resposible for the best rushing team over the last ten years.
Better than the scheme that turned a bunch of no-names into 1000 yd rushers.
Better than the scheme that's generated the #1 rushing team the last two years.

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 05:26 PM
California Cheez, another member of the "I want instant satisfaction" family. Listen, I want the Packers O-line to be good too. But it just doesn't work that way. They need time to gel and yes, learn from their MISTAKES. There will some rough games, but there will be some games where it just clicks and they look great.

Why do you think Minnesota's o-line isn't looking all that great! I don't care what Rastak says, their running game has not been all that stellar. That doesn't mean they dont have good linemen, it just means they need time to gel and learn how to work together. Our guys may take a little more time to come around because they are so green, but give them time.

woodbuck27
08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
I am NOT shocked with those moves.

I had them both CUT.

Packer Faith .

BallHawk
08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
It's funny, I get gbpackfan and ahaha mixed up all the time because of their avatars, they both look so similar.

RashanGary
08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Whittaker might turn out OK somewhere else. He's a road grader type. He might fit in on another team.

digitaldean
08-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Whittaker might turn out OK somewhere else. He's a road grader type. He might fit in on another team.

Whittaker struggled mightily last year as well as this year. Moore was a little surprising but not shocking.

Whittaker may fit the right system but he definitely didn't fit in the zone blocking scheme.

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 10:05 PM
It's funny, I get gbpackfan and ahaha mixed up all the time because of their avatars, they both look so similar.

Me too!

Bretsky
09-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Good moves TT; Whittaker was a marginal NFL Caliber player last year (not starting caliber) and he didn't fit this system at any position. It's a sign of a competent GM when you are willing to cut your losses and admit a guy you might have liked didn't work out.

It will be interesting to see if TT does the same with Cory Rodgers.

B

KYPack
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Good moves TT; Whittaker was a marginal NFL Caliber player last year (not starting caliber) and he didn't fit this system at any position. It's a sign of a competent GM when you are willing to cut your losses and admit a guy you might have liked didn't work out.

It will be interesting to see if TT does the same with Cory Rodgers.

B

I'm with ya there, B

This will be a good benchmark on TT's competance. One thing that brought Sherman down was his inability to admit mistakes.

Thompson has made a couple and shows a willingness to fall on his own fumbles and get 'em cleaned up.

Kick returners can be obtained in the vet FA market easier than in the draft. Thompson has to learn how to use BOTH methods of getting new talent.

In the meantime, cut Cory Rogers, 4th rnd pick or not.

Chubbyhubby
09-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Packers | Team releases Whitticker
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:20:21 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have officially announced the release of OL Will Whitticker.

Packers | Team releases Moore
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:02:49 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have officially announced the release of OL Michael Moore.

gbpackerfan,

The Packers released "Mookie Moore" not Michael Moore.

Michael Moore is an Author and Director of Farenheit 9/11.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Mookie's first name is actually Michael.

Chubbyhubby
09-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Mookie's first name is actually Michael.

He did a good job directing! LOL

Seriously, I didn't know that. thanks for the clarification.

MJZiggy
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
At least he has something to fall back on...

Noodle
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
It's a sign of a competent GM when you are willing to cut your losses and admit a guy you might have liked didn't work out.

At this point, I agree with you also, B. Without opening a dead thread, I've long complained about the handling of the Walker deal. But TT seemed to learn from that, and he made sure Driver was taken care of with very little fuss or muss. I give TT huge props for not getting caught in that stupid "we never re-negotiate with more than one year left" ego-trip trap.

God knows none of us are perfect, and there are fewer jobs where imperfections get more exposed than an NFL GM. But TT seems to me to learn from his mistakes. I just hope he learns to love the FA market a little. Like KY said, it's crazy to ignore an important source of potential talent.