PDA

View Full Version : School Starts Tomorrow

justanotherpackfan
08-31-2006, 04:48 PM
It really is depressing. I start at the high school for the first time.

I've got a question. Is work worse than school?

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Why in hell would they want you to start on the Friday before Labor Day. In answer to your question, it depends on your career. If you don't get educated in a field you are interested in then, yes, work is worse than school. Used to work in factory which REALLY sucked. If you finish school and choose a career that you enjoy, then work is not so bad.

Charles Woodson
08-31-2006, 05:06 PM
ha u think u start early, ive been in school for 3 fucking weeks

Tony Oday
08-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah Work is worse than school. You know those nice three month vacations you get in the summer...not anymore, 3 weeks off for xmas? try one day. I miss school well atleast college! ;)

Im the boss at work and resident ass chewer, which is actually quite fun ;) , but to tell you the truth I would rather be poor again in college :)

All in all though stay in school get a good degree so you can be the boss because working for someone sucks! hehe. Heck I dont think my Boss cares what I do as long as I get my job done I talked to him last month some time he just called to go golfing hehe.

justanotherpackfan
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
School starts early down there in Florida doesn't it. Well, it still is depressing.

red
08-31-2006, 07:40 PM
enjoy it

high school and college will be the best years of your life

it goes all downhill from there

SkinBasket
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I second that emotion. There's a reason us old people drink so much.

AtlPackFan
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
I second that emotion. There's a reason us old people drink so much.

Because we enjoy it??? :mrgreen:

justanotherpackfan
08-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Why is that?

hurleyfan
08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
enjoy it

Good call Red!

I feel I've had a great life, and very rarely ever look back, but if I had to pick some years to "do over" it would be my high school & college years.

Don't rush your young years away!

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 08:38 PM
If I had a do-over I'd have gone straight to college from high school and picked a different major. Oh well. I think the working years are harder because it's the same routine every day. You're not taking 5 classes in different subjects and work with the same people every day. You also don't get the time off as was mentioned. Get stuck in the wrong job with the wrong people and it can get pretty bad.

hurleyfan
08-31-2006, 08:41 PM
If I had a do-over I'd have gone straight to college from high school and picked a different major. Oh well. I think the working years are harder because it's the same routine every day. You're not taking 5 classes in different subjects and work with the same people every day. You also don't get the time off as was mentioned. Get stuck in the wrong job with the wrong people and it can get pretty bad.

Amen Ziggy!

BallHawk
08-31-2006, 08:59 PM
School starts early down there in Florida doesn't it. Well, it still is depressing.

Yeah, I started on the 14th.

hurleyfan
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM

Taking any grammer / English / spelling courses :mrgreen:

Just kidding!!

GrnBay007
08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
enjoy it

I liked HS and college but the 2-3 years after college were the most fun for me. I owned a bar back then. How could that NOT be fun? :razz: Never ending hours but it just didn't seem like "work" back then.

digitaldean
08-31-2006, 09:57 PM
It really is depressing. I start at the high school for the first time.

I've got a question. Is work worse than school?

High school has it's good moments. But I wouldn't want to try growing up today vs. when I went to H.S. in the 80s.

Tech. college for me was a blast because it was focused on what I wanted to do for a career. (it did help that drinking age was 18 back then, too :D )

Work can be a drag due to politics, etc. - if you let it. If you work in a career you don't want to be in or don't love doing, then it truly becomes drudgery. Find something you can earn a living that you LOVE doing, then it's much more enjoyable to go to work.

oregonpackfan
09-02-2006, 10:17 AM

Justanotherpackfan,

Work hard in school so you will have the opportunity for a rewarding and exciting job.

During one of my summers home from college, I and several other college students worked at Wright Products in Rice Lake. This is a factory that produces the pneumatic tubes that keep screen doors from slamming shut.

Inside the 16" tubes is a 30" coil spring that has been compressed. Before that coil is inserted in the tube, it needs a thin layer of grease applied to it.

My job was to apply the coat of grease to each coil as it came down the assembly line. I did that 6,000 times every day for the whole summer!

As my college friends and I looked around the factory, we realized most of the employees were full-time and did this kind of work year-round. We all came to the realization we needed to apply ourselves in school so that we did not end up doing a life-time job like this!

OPF

Scott Campbell
09-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Amen brother OPF. The workplace is a competition. And you can compete with your head, or you can compete with your back. School is where you exersise that choice.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Nicely put, Scott.