vince
05-02-2015, 06:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuXeNla1v8Y

pbmax
05-02-2015, 06:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3Ubu2CHnY

red
05-02-2015, 06:12 PM
whats worse is that two of his three td's came in the first game against powerhouse troy

hopefully this is another richard rodgers situation where the player was way better then his stats lead us to believe. on the other hand this could be a classic case of ted thinking he's smarter then everyone else involved in the game of football, and failing

Striker
05-02-2015, 06:20 PM
on the other hand this could be a classic case of ted thinking he's smarter then everyone else involved in the game of football, and failing

Or he could just be a sixth round compensatory draft pick (so the Packers couldn't even trade it if they thought he'd be able to be had later).

Brandon494
05-03-2015, 01:55 AM
Don't really like this pick, not a good blocker and has inconsistent hands. I don't see him making the team.

Patler
05-03-2015, 05:00 AM
on the other hand this could be a classic case of ted thinking he's smarter then everyone else involved in the game of football, and failing

This is a rather curious comment to me for several reasons.
- It implies no one else thought he was draft material. Do we know that? Do we know others wouldn't have taken him at some point, too?
- It implies that TT should base his decisions on the consensus of opinions of others outside of the team, rather than on his own judgement and analysis after consulting with his own scouts.
- It presupposes that the guy will fail. While he quite likely will, most 6th rounders do, it is a bit early to be definitive about that.

Besides, considering that the Packers have one of the best records of all teams over the past 10 years, perhaps TT is better at making draft decisions than many others. :-)

Bretsky
05-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Besides, considering that the Packers have one of the best records of all teams over the past 10 years, perhaps TT is better at making draft decisions than many others

Interesting consideration; I've moved back to the fence with TT. TT gets credit for drafting Aaron Rodgers. With the NFL game as it is today it seems if we have average at best talent having the best QB gets us on the brink of the playoffs each year. Is TT really that much better than everybody else ? I can accept the yes answer, but I'm no longer at the TT is so great corner either. He needs to make some real time hits on defense and aggressively address those needs and be effective at it to move me hard back into his corner. I have no issues with posters who think he's failed at doing this. And I'm fine with those who still glorify him for bringing us a title.

It's a results driven league; bring us another title Ted.

BTW, I hated your sixth round picks.

Sincerely,
On the Fence

mraynrand
05-03-2015, 07:56 AM
With the NFL game as it is today it seems if we have average at best talent having the best QB gets us on the brink of the playoffs each year.

Newsflash: The most important position on the team is QB. Many, many GMs go down in flames simply because they can't get that one right. Just walk around the NFL over the past 10 years and observe the GM carcasses. You will find them surrounded by failed quarterbacks. And not just right in selecting THAT guy, but selection of the people to train him and scheme for him (like head coach), and the players to protect him and for him to throw to.

I'll take the packers being 'on the brink' every year to the alternative. There are only two other organizations that are close to GB in recent success, and that's the patsies and steelers. That's pretty exclusive company.

pbmax
05-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Besides, considering that the Packers have one of the best records of all teams over the past 10 years, perhaps TT is better at making draft decisions than many others

Interesting consideration; I've moved back to the fence with TT. TT gets credit for drafting Aaron Rodgers. With the NFL game as it is today it seems if we have average at best talent having the best QB gets us on the brink of the playoffs each year. Is TT really that much better than everybody else ? I can accept the yes answer, but I'm no longer at the TT is so great corner either.

I agree about defense in general having been an issue for too long, but the Rodgers and nothing else theory ignores Phillip Rivers, Roethliesberger and Andrew Luck. Its possible to have a great QB and be much, much worse than the Packers. And look at Jay Cutler, who is Rodgers physical equal if not better. Without good coaching, he's a mess.

If Ted had hired different coach, one who wanted to grind out games, he could make those D stats look better by shortening games. The Packers have been better on D that their yearly yardage totals suggest, even if they have not been good enough.

You don't have a better record than the rest of the League for 20 years with just a good QB. Ask Dan Marino.

vince
05-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Reminiscent of so many wannabe receiving TE's that have come through Green Bay over the years but maybe he'll develop. He has good size and looks to me like he moves pretty well. Not a sharp route runner yet. Questionable blocker. Practice squad guy maybe.

pbmax
05-03-2015, 10:32 AM
NFL Draft Scout: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=91925&draftyear=2015&genpos=TE

Name: Kennard Backman
College: Alabama-Birmingham Number: 86
Height: 6-3 Weight: 243
Position: TE Pos2: FB/H-back
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2015
40 Low: 4.56 40 Time: 4.66 40 High: 4.77
Projected Round: Stock: High: PFA Low: FA
Rated number 28 out of 98 TE's 505 / 2301 TOTAL

SkinBasket
05-03-2015, 02:09 PM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Recruit/777/367.jpg

Patler
05-03-2015, 04:26 PM

Interesting consideration; I've moved back to the fence with TT. TT gets credit for drafting Aaron Rodgers. With the NFL game as it is today it seems if we have average at best talent having the best QB gets us on the brink of the playoffs each year. Is TT really that much better than everybody else ? I can accept the yes answer, but I'm no longer at the TT is so great corner either. He needs to make some real time hits on defense and aggressively address those needs and be effective at it to move me hard back into his corner. I have no issues with posters who think he's failed at doing this. And I'm fine with those who still glorify him for bringing us a title.

It's a results driven league; bring us another title Ted.

BTW, I hated your sixth round picks.

Sincerely,
On the Fence

Are you also on the fence over the career of Ron Wolf?

Bretsky
05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Are you also on the fence over the career of Ron Wolf?

Are you implying the career of TT's is as good or better then Wolf's ?

I give Wolf a ton of credit for a colossal turnaround. But I understand it was a completely different era with free agency and the draft. Whether it was easier or harder then is another debate....but IMO he helped completely change the NFL's outlook on playing in Green Bay and won some very key free agents that I would not have expected to win. It's an interesting comparison. Personally I'd take Wolf over TT .

mission
05-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Played for a team that doesn't even exist anymore.
I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from any of his stats. I see a pretty good athlete with decent wheels and size. Nice 6th round flyer.