PDA

View Full Version : James Jones

Tony Oday
05-04-2015, 08:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490825/article/report-oakland-raiders-to-release-james-jones

Would love to see him back and what help he would be in the red zone.

HarveyWallbangers
05-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Not a chance he'll be back with the Pack.

Guiness
05-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Can't see where this is a good idea by the Raiders, he played pretty well for them last season. Making quite a lot, but I think he still would've been a starter for them, instead they decide to hang their hat on Crabtree and a rookie?

Patler
05-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Can't see where this is a good idea by the Raiders, he played pretty well for them last season. Making quite a lot, but I think he still would've been a starter for them, instead they decide to hang their hat on Crabtree and a rookie?

Agreed. plus, I thought the Raiders had cap space to burn just to meet the minimum required outlay.

Fritz
05-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Agreed. plus, I thought the Raiders had cap space to burn just to meet the minimum required outlay.

Maybe the Packers will need an assistant west coast scout after Mckenzie gets fired.

smuggler
05-04-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't think this was a move to help the Raiders. It was done with fairness to JJ. Admirable, considering the Raiders aren't doing shit this year anyhow.

vince
05-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Enjoy your time in Minnesota James.

George Cumby
05-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Weird on the raiders part. Too bad for JJ.

Like him but his time here is over.

Carolina_Packer
05-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Weird on the raiders part. Too bad for JJ.

Like him but his time here is over.

The Packers are locked and loaded at WR, and have a promising influx of new talent from this past weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only player in the TT era I've seen them bring back is Ryan Grant, but that was when we were riddled with injury during the season, and he had just been with the Packers the previous year. This time of year, I can't see the Packers bringing him back.

I wish him well. He seems like a good dude. With McAdoo being the OC with the NYG, I could see the Giants giving JJ a 1 year deal.

Patler
05-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only player in the TT era I've seen them bring back is Ryan Grant, but that was when we were riddled with injury during the season, and he had just been with the Packers the previous year.

Consider yourself corrected! (Flynn).

hoosier
05-04-2015, 01:47 PM
Don't forget Ahman Green.

3irty1
05-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Or Mike Montgomery.

Carolina_Packer
05-04-2015, 02:42 PM
I remember the name Mike Montgomery, but not the circumstances of his return. Flynn and Green were both injury replacements during the season, like Grant, but yes, they were asked back as well. I can't think of anyone who went away and was signed back during this period of the league year.

pittstang5
05-04-2015, 02:43 PM
I wonder if the Dolphins would have prefered to sign JJ over Jennings. At this point in their careers, I'd rather have JJ on my team than Jennings.

I'm still a little bitter how Jennings left, so screw him.

smuggler
05-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Jamon Meredith**

**For four days. lol

George Cumby
05-04-2015, 02:49 PM
I wonder if the Dolphins would have prefered to sign JJ over Jennings. At this point in their careers, I'd rather have JJ on my team than Jennings.

I'm still a little bitter how Jennings left, so screw him.

Yup. GJ is a turd. JJ comported himself like a pro and a gentleman.

Guiness
05-04-2015, 03:36 PM
I think the gist of what Carolina Packer Fan said is true - TT doesn't bring guys back for a second tour of duty. The one exception would be Matt Flynn, who not only came in as a mid-season emergency replacement, but also stuck around for another year after getting a Bruce Wilkerson 'saved our bacon' reward contract.

Has there been anyone else?

Guiness
05-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Has there been anyone else?

Charlie Peprah! He spent some time in Atlanta between two stints in GB.

Rastak
05-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Enjoy your time in Minnesota James.

Not happening.

Patler
05-04-2015, 06:08 PM
I remember the name Mike Montgomery, but not the circumstances of his return. Flynn and Green were both injury replacements during the season, like Grant, but yes, they were asked back as well. I can't think of anyone who went away and was signed back during this period of the league year.

Montgomery signed with MN as a FA in 2010, but was released in the final cutdown. When GB lost Neal, Barnett and some others, Montgomery was signed near mid season for a few weeks., then was released.

Brandon494
05-04-2015, 06:14 PM
They save 3.5M and want to give their younger guys more playing time..makes sense. Look for Jones to sign with the Pats or Panthers soon.

pbmax
05-04-2015, 06:17 PM
The save 3.5M and want to give their younger guys more playing time..makes sense. Look for Jones to be signing with the Pats or Panthers soon.

Dolphins or Browns.

Patler
05-04-2015, 09:09 PM
I don't think they save anything cutting Jones. It's money they will have to spend anyway. I think they are still way, way under the minimum cap. So the question becomes; Is the $3.5 M better spent on Jones, or someone else? $3.5M isn't a lot, and Jones reportedly is a great locker room presence and a great team mate. A good influence on the younger receivers.

King Friday
05-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Just shows the Raiders still have a LONG way to go.

red
05-05-2015, 07:58 PM
i really feel bad for the guy, he busts his ass and keeps his head down and nose clear, and he just does what he's asked.

we didn't even offer him a contract last year, we only offered him a 1 year deal the year before, and now he gets cut after one year with the raiders

he deserves better

KYPack
05-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Tauschser got a return pass during TT's watch, right?

How long does McKenzie get a career mulligan in Oak?

They've totally sucked during his regime with little hope of getting any better.

KYPack
05-05-2015, 10:00 PM
i really feel bad for the guy, he busts his ass and keeps his head down and nose clear, and he just does what he's asked.

we didn't even offer him a contract last year, we only offered him a 1 year deal the year before, and now he gets cut after one year with the raiders

he deserves better

I was thinking the same thing.

A good guy who never got the huge deal.

JJ was great at getting sneaky open and scoring TD's

Anybody who snags 14 touches has to have some value somewhere.

Rutnstrut
05-05-2015, 10:04 PM
I would love to see him come back, especially if they could get him at a good value. However they made no effort to keep him, so I'm sure it won't happen.

smuggler
05-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Jones is a good guy to have around if your WR corps lacks veteran presence. He's been around the block and is still capable, but not great. He can show the youngsters in the right direction and instill some work ethic and character in a team, but not a team like Green Bay. His assets are already provided by others here...