PDA

View Full Version : Say Goodbye to Bush

pbmax
05-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago

Door Appears Closed on Bush http://gnb.scout.com/story/1544791-door-appears-closed-on-bush?s=61#.VUvaoFWAytU.twitter … #Packers

pbmax
05-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 21m21 minutes ago
#Packers rookies numbers are out. CB Quinten Rollins will be No. 24. Probably not a good sign for vet Jarrett Bush.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEbsa_WUIAA0Acd.jpg

red
05-07-2015, 04:41 PM
thank god

Freak Out
05-07-2015, 05:27 PM
lol. He had his moments...good and bad. Happy Trails JB.

King Friday
05-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Goodbye.

There. I said it.

Brandon494
05-07-2015, 08:41 PM
http://www.academia.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/gw-bush.jpg

run pMc
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Interesting move, considering they want to get better at special teams and he's pretty good at that. Most likely a numbers game in the secondary though, and we all know TT/GB go with younger players. Rollins can probably do what JB does though.

From all accounts JB was a good guy, so I wish him well.

smuggler
05-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Goodson is the new Bush. Hope he can be that guy, honestly. Draft pick is a sunk cost. I'd rather have JB2.0 than a shitty cover corner that we cut this year.

denverYooper
05-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Don Majkowski probably isn't coming back either.

Carolina_Packer
05-07-2015, 10:53 PM
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/content/dam/images/1/z/h/c/9/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.1zh5p.png/1338346057427.jpg

pbmax
05-08-2015, 07:45 AM
I am going to miss him and his crazy workouts. I have to say though, I have been noticing him less and less on ST the last couple of years.

Cheesehead Craig
05-08-2015, 08:09 AM
thank god

After this many years of suffering, I expected a bit more of a reaction from you red.

George Cumby
05-08-2015, 10:27 AM
I hate to see the man go, but it's time to see the player go. He helped win the SB, but has lost a step. A good Packer.

Guiness
05-08-2015, 11:13 AM
They're giving it to someone else? So they're not going to retire it? :flm:

I hope they notified him some other way than assigning someone else his jersey!

Carolina_Packer
05-08-2015, 11:36 AM
24 is a cool number. Rollins is fortunate.

mraynrand
05-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Unblockable!

Just wanted to type that one more time. Buh and Bye, Bushie. Thanks for the INT in the SB when you covered the wrong guy.

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Unblockable!

Just wanted to type that one more time. Buh and Bye, Bushie. Thanks for the INT in the SB when you covered the wrong guy.

Are we sure about that? I thought I remember him simply coming off one coverage on his read of the QB/film. Or am I just making the entire Super Bowl one big error free win for the forces of Good?

pbmax
05-08-2015, 03:35 PM
So you are saying there is a chance?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
MM said door isn't closed on Bush. He'd get 24 back if he re-signs. Thinks it was premature to give away his number.

George Cumby
05-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Are we sure about that? I thought I remember him simply coming off one coverage on his read of the QB/film. Or am I just making the entire Super Bowl one big error free win for the forces of Good?

I remember that Bush jumped the route cause he knew where the rapist was going with the ball.

mraynrand
05-08-2015, 07:18 PM
I remember that Bush jumped the route cause he knew where the rapist was going with the ball.

That's what he say NOW, but he left Heath Miller totally uncovered. I'm just glad it worked out.

Bush gave great effort but he was just lost in coverage.

Patler
05-08-2015, 10:23 PM
More evidence that the Bush era might not be done yet:

Though the team assigned Bush's number to another player – general manager Ted Thompson usually handles that – Bush still has a nameplate over his locker.

If they don't expect (want) Bush back, his locker would be crated for shipment to him.

Striker
05-09-2015, 08:21 AM
With Bush, Hawk, and Jones gone who will people complain about now?

red
05-09-2015, 08:59 AM

oh, don't worry, we'll find someone

SkinBasket
05-11-2015, 07:53 AM

Goodson. He smells like one of those guys the Packers will keep for four seasons waiting for him to turn the corner or miraculously fill the giant void in his game that makes him practically unusable, or who has one talent but not much else. Dendy, Hunter, Lee, Herron, Bigby, Bishop, Walden, Jones, Bush... Sometimes they were due to roster deficiencies, and some did contribute in their own fashion, but turds they were, each and every one, and probably some more I don't recall.

mraynrand
05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Goodson. He smells like one of those guys the Packers will keep for four seasons waiting for him to turn the corner or miraculously fill the giant void in his game that makes him practically unusable, or who has one talent but not much else. Dendy, Hunter, Lee, Herron, Bigby, Bishop, Walden, Jones, Bush... Sometimes they were due to roster deficiencies, and some did contribute in their own fashion, but turds they were, each and every one, and probably some more I don't recall.

Some teams carry 10,20, even more of these kind of guys. It's hard not to have a few on even a championship 53 man roster. I just enjoy a quicker hook, like with Boykin. The Brad Jones Experiment was interminable.

Patler
05-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Some teams carry 10,20, even more of these kind of guys. It's hard not to have a few on even a championship 53 man roster. I just enjoy a quicker hook, like with Boykin. The Brad Jones Experiment was interminable.

Personally, I hope Bush is re-signed; just to aggravate half the people who post on here.

I think his time is done, but for quite a few years he provided value at the bottom of the roster because of his effort and exemplary work ethic in addition to his ST performance. He did whatever was asked of him, and you never heard a peep from him. At various times he was #3CB, starting CB for a short time, #4CB, #3, 4 or 5 safety, undesignated DB. It didn't matter to him, he always gave an all-out effort when asked. It doesn't seem that he ever felt he was owed anything, and he was glad to have whatever position he was given.

You can do a lot worse than Jarrett Bush at the bottom of your roster.

pbmax
05-11-2015, 10:36 AM
It would be hard to have a better 6th DB on a roster than Bush, he was more than bottom of the roster chum. He was not a starter, but he was a physical presence with good speed when he was out there. You couldn't play him outside without trouble finding the ball, but he could play anywhere inside even on the TE and on a blitz.

Now, I suspect he is slipping a bit, as his gunner role has ben usurped a bit and he doesn't seem to be making as many plays on ST (Richardson and Elliot seem to make more plays). So I can understand the team wanting to be sure he hasn't lost anything with his surgery.

3irty1
05-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Personally, I hope Bush is re-signed; just to aggravate half the people who post on here.

I think his time is done, but for quite a few years he provided value at the bottom of the roster because of his effort and exemplary work ethic in addition to his ST performance. He did whatever was asked of him, and you never heard a peep from him. At various times he was #3CB, starting CB for a short time, #4CB, #3, 4 or 5 safety, undesignated DB. It didn't matter to him, he always gave an all-out effort when asked. It doesn't seem that he ever felt he was owed anything, and he was glad to have whatever position he was given.

You can do a lot worse than Jarrett Bush at the bottom of your roster.

I always got the sense that you had to share a locker room with Bush to appreciate his true value. From the accounts I've gathered his work ethic is simply legendary even relative to the elite NFL standard. Having a man like that around must go a long way towards setting expectations for all the UDFAs this team has squeezed production from. He's like a real life Rudy.

MadScientist
05-14-2015, 08:29 AM
Nice good-bye puff piece:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/cornerback-jarrett-bush-training-for-life-after-packers-b99500048z1-303693961.html

However this bit is yet another damnation of the Packers' medical staff:
For two years, Bush thought he had a groin pull. He'd rest, return and the pain lingered. The confusion lingered. So this off-season he sought a second opinion in Sacramento, Calif., and an MRI exam revealed a sports hernia.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with that staff that they can miss a hernia, along with an ACL that cost us the rights to Johnson.

George Cumby
05-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Guy says all the right things, makes me like him even more and want him to succeed. Real mature professional outlook. Make it happen Ted! ��

Plus, his wife is hot.

pbmax
05-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Plus, his wife is hot.

The internet is also a visual medium George.

George Cumby
05-14-2015, 04:52 PM
The internet is also a visual medium George.

My bad:

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/XVI+Pan+American+Games+Day+12+KgtgVWJ3OTxx.jpg

George Cumby
05-14-2015, 04:57 PM
And:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lucimara+da+Silva+XVI+Pan+American+Games+Day+LG3zM p0EPKUl.jpg

vince
05-15-2015, 07:41 AM
No one got more from less than Bush. I bet he'll be gunning for someone this year but barring injury there's no longer room on the roster for a guy who's maxed out at "serious liability" as a DB.

Or he can be assistant special teams coach at Arizona State with Slocum.

Pugger
05-15-2015, 01:59 PM
No one got more from less than Bush. I bet he'll be gunning for someone this year but barring injury there's no longer room on the roster for a guy who's maxed out at "serious liability" as a DB.

Or he can be assistant special teams coach at Arizona State with Slocum.

I find it rather telling he is still unemployed.

red
05-15-2015, 02:00 PM
i prefer smooth anyways

there, someone had to say it

Guiness
05-15-2015, 02:17 PM
I find it rather telling he is still unemployed.

I'm not surprised. For a guy his age, with little upside and practically no potential for improvement from what he is, teams will prefer to see what they have with their rookies. He's been around long enough that they know what he brings, and will only call him if it looks like they are going to need that special team ace. If he gets a call, it will be partway through TC when things are looking otherwise grim.

vince
05-16-2015, 08:12 AM
i prefer smooth anyways

there, someone had to say it
Yeah she may be a (former) Packer fan, but she ain't showing up in any of red's totally awesome unofficial threads. I think one of them deserves a bump actually. Not much happening around here so maybe a voting thread is in order...

Pugger
05-16-2015, 08:21 AM
I'm not surprised. For a guy his age, with little upside and practically no potential for improvement from what he is, teams will prefer to see what they have with their rookies. He's been around long enough that they know what he brings, and will only call him if it looks like they are going to need that special team ace. If he gets a call, it will be partway through TC when things are looking otherwise grim.

I'm not surprised either, really. You may be right, his phone will only ring when a team is desperate.

RashanGary
05-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Bush had a very respectable career. He made a lot of big plays, mostly STs. As a gunner, for most of his career, until the end there, it always took two to block him and usually 2 weren't enough.