PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Special Teams

pbmax
05-14-2015, 07:52 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
Of the 10 #Packers who played most special teams snaps last season, six are gone.

And that doesn't include Ryan Taylor, who was released after Week 5.

Excluding Taylor, that is Jones, Hawk, Bostick, House, Harris and Bush I think.

Bush could be back. M3 is cleaning (h)ouse.

Patler
05-15-2015, 04:56 AM
Of the 10 #Packers who played most special teams snaps last season, six are gone.

And that doesn't include Ryan Taylor, who was released after Week 5.

Excluding Taylor, that is Jones, Hawk, Bostick, House, Harris and Bush I think.

Bush could be back. M3 is cleaning (h)ouse.

Hawk? I didn't think he was that regular on STs. I think Lattimore must be one of the six, perhaps Boykin, too. Harris, I think, was on only kickoff return, and wasn't active for the last game. I'm not sure he would have made the top 10 over guys like Lattimore and Boykin who were on multiple ST units.

vince
05-15-2015, 07:23 AM
Bush and House are losses. Jones was a solid special teamer but not a big loss IMO. Taylor was more attitude than ability. We know they need to get better play on ST so continuity is a bad thing in this instance.

I think they'll have a couple gunners from Rollins, Randall, Goodson and a couple others. Montgomery looks like an upgrade returning. I think you'll see tacklers like Hyde, Dix, Burnett, Richardson, Barrington, Ryan, Bradford, etc. playing on ST even with a lot of snaps on D. If Banjo is cut that'll mean his replacement will have shown the ability to be a special team stalwart. Plus Kuhn and Ripkowski...

We'll find out obviously but as long as they can figure out who to block and which lanes to fill, I'd say there's reason to believe special teams could be better this year.