PDA

View Full Version : A Triple Crown winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
06-06-2015, 06:14 PM
i honestly never thought i would see a triple crown winner in my lifetime

affirmed won it a month before i was born

but the way people bring in fresh horses just to upset in the belmont made me think it would never happen again

but when American Pharoah won pretty easily in the slop at the preakness, i started to take notice

he led wire to wire

WOW

http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/HORSE/2015/03/17/031715-horses-American-Pharoah-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high.5.jpg

wist43
06-06-2015, 07:48 PM
I actually didn't want him to win it b/c I didn't think he was an extraordinary horse... I want the triple crown to be won by great horses, not ordinary horses that just happen to run against an ordinary crop for that year.

That said, American Pharoah ran well enough in the Belmont that he passed my test... he ran the 2nd fastest Belmont ever - 2nd to the great Secretariat, who is the standard bearer.

American Pharoah ran the Belmont in 2:26 3/5... that is really moving. Secretariat's track record, in which he won by 31 lengths, was 2:24 flat.

So, congratulations to that whole team... it's a great accomplishment.

Patler
06-06-2015, 10:09 PM
I actually didn't want him to win it b/c I didn't think he was an extraordinary horse... I want the triple crown to be won by great horses, not ordinary horses that just happen to run against an ordinary crop for that year.

That said, American Pharoah ran well enough in the Belmont that he passed my test... he ran the 2nd fastest Belmont ever - 2nd to the great Secretariat, who is the standard bearer.

American Pharoah ran the Belmont in 2:26 3/5... that is really moving. Secretariat's track record, in which he won by 31 lengths, was 2:24 flat.

I couldn't get into the hype either, because the horse didn't seem special.
Secretariat was something else. Set track records in each race, including the Belmont ehre no horse was close.

red
06-07-2015, 03:02 PM

i think i read the same article you did. the thing said it was the second fastest ever, but looking at the record books, a few different horses ran in the 2:26's, just a touch faster then he ran yesterday. either way, its still damn fast. and the 5 1/2 lengths he won by was the third biggest margin of victory of all time. of course that seems like nothing compared to what the GOAT did in 73

he just looked different yesterday coming out of the first turn onto the backstretch. all the other horses looked to be moving at a good pace, and AP looked like he was just kind of galloping along, even though he was in the lead

SkinBasket
06-08-2015, 05:58 AM
Horses running in circles.