PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Partial
04-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Wow, lost is such an addicting show!! Anyone here a fan?

Bretsky
04-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Wow, lost is such an addicting show!! Anyone here a fan?

I tried watching Lost this year but just couldn't get into it.

I'm addicted to the show "24".

And love Boston Public.

And also enjoy Gray's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives with the multiple chick babes.

MadtownPacker
04-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Superior show Partial!!

Did you like this weeks epi about Rose getting healthy cuz of the island? I think the magnetism from the hatch is doing it. The whole show has me on the edge of my seat. Too bad there isnt a new one for 2 weeks.

Whats your theory on what is happening? I say government experiment gone bad.

Partial
04-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I really have no idea what is going on. It's a lot of weird stuff. I cannot explain them taking the kids, and the experimentation and such. My guess is its some weird social experiment.

Every character is connected in some way, so I don't really understand that at all.

Partial
04-14-2006, 07:34 PM
I really want to know what was with the guy that Jack was running with being on the island.

I also want to know what is with the girl being with Hurley on the island and the mental institution.

I also want to know how the guy from the institution knew those numbers.

I also want to know about the magnets.

I want to know why food randomly arrives.

I want to know why they have to push the button.

GoPackGo
04-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Lost is good.(to many flashbacks sometimes) 24 is the show to watch

Anti-Polar Bear
04-14-2006, 10:24 PM
As I am still pissed at fox for cancelling "The X files", i refuses to watch any other drama show on that chennel. Howecer, im addicted to FOxs Sunday comedy lineup of The Simpsons, The War at Home, and Family Guy.

As for Lost, havent seen it so cant comment on it.

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2006, 10:32 PM
I like Lost and 24, but refuse to watch them as their shown. I will become not be tied to my TV. Instead, I rent the entire seasons when they come out and watch them in one weekend. Same with 3rd Rock From The Sun. Any new seasons for those three shows is a must buy in my household.

GBRulz
04-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Harvey, you'll love season 5 of "24". While I didn't see Season 2, of the ones so far, I like this one the best. I think there are 5 hours left of the show and usually the last one is 2 hours, so like another month and it will be done.

HarveyWallbangers
04-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Season 2 was the worst, IMHO. It was politically preachy.

GoPackGo
04-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I like Lost and 24, but refuse to watch them as their shown. I will become not be tied to my TV. Instead, I rent the entire seasons when they come out and watch them in one weekend. Same with 3rd Rock From The Sun. Any new seasons for those three shows is a must buy in my household.

tied to your TV? you need to try tivo brah

billy_oliver880
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I love NCIS. :D

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
I really have no idea what is going on. It's a lot of weird stuff. I cannot explain them taking the kids, and the experimentation and such. My guess is its some weird social experiment.

Every character is connected in some way, so I don't really understand that at all.

Next year's LOST will be split into three 7 episode runs - with breaks inbetween. This will limit the number of reruns played during the season - no more waiting 3 weeks to see what happens in the next 'day'.

I agree on the social experimentation. I'm thinking it has something to do with cloning and experiments of healing effects of electromagnatism, gene therapy or something like that. Think about the cloning effect:
1. Almost all the characters have 'daddy' issues - most of them were adopted (probably born on the island) and their lives (lottery, jobs, etc.) were planned out.
2. All of the characters were put into the flight for specific reasons (honeymoons (husband is an 'other'), trips (Locke's Dad is intruiging), Sun/Jin (mafia Dad), Jack's Dads 'fake' death). There may not have been an 'accident' in the crash - they may have been brainwashed to 'remember' what happened to them.
3. The healing effects (Locke's legs, the woman's cancer, drug addiction, effects on pregnancy, fertility, etc.) on these selected people (potential clones) is very intruiging.

I for one am very excited to see how this show turns out. I wish they'd end a portion of the storylines (like 24 does each year) so we don't have to wait 5 years to figure out what the point of the show is (or what the black fog really is either).

Pack0514
04-18-2006, 02:57 PM
I have to admit, I am adictted to LOST. I am not sure what the hell is going on. These hatches are whacked out..... and why do they want the kids?

Oh well

Fosco - some of what you are saying is similar to the move "The Island". If you've never seen it, look it up or rent it. You will probably like it...... if you're into that sort of thing.

MadtownPacker
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Next year's LOST will be split into three 7 episode runs - with breaks inbetween. This will limit the number of reruns played during the season - no more waiting 3 weeks to see what happens in the next 'day'.

I agree on the social experimentation. I'm thinking it has something to do with cloning and experiments of healing effects of electromagnatism, gene therapy or something like that. Think about the cloning effect:
1. Almost all the characters have 'daddy' issues - most of them were adopted (probably born on the island) and their lives (lottery, jobs, etc.) were planned out.
2. All of the characters were put into the flight for specific reasons (honeymoons (husband is an 'other'), trips (Locke's Dad is intruiging), Sun/Jin (mafia Dad), Jack's Dads 'fake' death). There may not have been an 'accident' in the crash - they may have been brainwashed to 'remember' what happened to them.
3. The healing effects (Locke's legs, the woman's cancer, drug addiction, effects on pregnancy, fertility, etc.) on these selected people (potential clones) is very intruiging.

I for one am very excited to see how this show turns out. I wish they'd end a portion of the storylines (like 24 does each year) so we don't have to wait 5 years to figure out what the point of the show is (or what the black fog really is either).

Good stuff Fosco, I think that their lives have been planned also. Glad to hear about how the sched will be next season. Those long breaks with no new show are hard times.

I wonder if the healing isnt actually "healing" but just that Dharma was keeping then sick. Like Locke, he wasnt paralyzed before his Dad ripped off his kidney. Maybe they didnt take a kidney but attached something to his spine? Maybe the med Rose took are what was making her sick? Bigtime conspiracy theory but I cant get enough!

MadtownPacker
04-18-2006, 07:23 PM
I have to admit, I am adictted to LOST. I am not sure what the hell is going on. These hatches are whacked out..... and why do they want the kids?

Oh well

Fosco - some of what you are saying is similar to the move "The Island". If you've never seen it, look it up or rent it. You will probably like it...... if you're into that sort of thing.

I think they want the kids so the can program them then release them to society just like I beieve may have happened to the current Losties.

The island huh? Have to check that out.

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 07:51 PM

Good stuff Fosco, I think that their lives have been planned also. Glad to hear about how the sched will be next season. Those long breaks with no new show are hard times.

I wonder if the healing isnt actually "healing" but just that Dharma was keeping then sick. Like Locke, he wasnt paralyzed before his Dad ripped off his kidney. Maybe they didnt take a kidney but attached something to his spine? Maybe the med Rose took are what was making her sick? Bigtime conspiracy theory but I cant get enough!

Didn't Locke get hit by a car or something - isn't that why his back/legs were messed up? The kidney angle is pretty sweet - they remarked on that a few times. The Rose situation is crazy too - maybe she never had cancer and the doctors (part of Dharma) were in on it there - just placebos or something.

Here are questions I'd like to answered:
1. Who is Dharma; what happened with 'the incident' and 'the others/scientists'?
2. What are they doing with the kids (Walt's powers) - is it part of the ongoing experimentation/brainwashing?
3. How did Claire's captors have a mobile in the baby crib with Oceanic Airlines flying around a 'sun'?
4. What the f is the point of the button (another social experiment - fear and compliance)?
5. Why all the religious references and Latin phrases? Check out the attached screenshot of the hatch in HD. Pretty sweet stuff - I've translated most of them before from Latin.

"Sursum corda...sursum corda...sursum corda" Lift up your hearts

"Mallum concillium quad mutari no potest" It's a bad plan that can't be changed

"Cogito ergo doteo" I think therefore you are depressed

"Nil actum reputa si quid superest agendum" Do not consider that anything has been done if anything is left to be done

"Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira decorum est" The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow

"Hic sunt dracones" Here be dragons

"Credo nos fluctu in eoden est" I think we're on the same wavelength

http://img7.picsplace.to/img7/14/Magazine_map.jpg

Pack0514
04-19-2006, 09:12 AM
What I think is crazy is how all these people are interconnected somehow. I dont know if it is in real life or just in their heads (although most of them dont know they are connected). Oh well, for every question that is answered on that show, three more questions are created.

BTW, I think there might be a connection with LOST and the Packers..... you know.... the polar bear and TT. :lol: I think we might finally know where TT has been all this time.

Charles Woodson
04-23-2006, 05:56 PM
24 is the best show. I really like season five

Partial
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I <3 lost!

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 09:51 PM
tied to your TV? you need to try tivo brah

I'd procrastinate and never figure out how to use it properly.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 09:53 PM
My neighbor has it. Designed for the tech challenged. It is another subscription though.

Partial
04-26-2006, 01:40 PM
lost clip show tonight everyone. If you haven't seen the show, tonight would be a good way to get a good idea of whats going on.

It's a really, really good show. Downright addicting.

Little Whiskey
04-26-2006, 02:01 PM
My neighbor has it. Designed for the tech challenged. It is another subscription though.

thats what pisses me off about Tivo!! what the hell service are you paying for???? a computer to scan the guide and turn on when your show comes on??? i just use the VCR......if i can ever figure out how to get the damn clock to stop blinking!!

oregonpackfan
04-27-2006, 12:25 AM
I am also a huge fan of "Lost." I have to admit there are too many coincidences of the characters knowing each other to be realistic.

I remain very intruigued by the show.

Oregonpackfan

MadtownPacker
05-03-2006, 10:23 PM
New episode tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost time to get Lost.

Partial
05-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Hmm, I should kill my other thread since this one is still around. I thought for some reason it got taken down. Really, really strange since I used firefox's find to search for lost on every page. Maybe it got bumped up as I was doing this?