PDA

View Full Version : Quarles Arrested After Discharging Firearm

Striker
07-04-2015, 12:13 PM
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/andrew-quarless-packers-tight-end-arrested-in-south-beach-for-firing-gun-7727991

Okay, bye.

esoxx
07-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Nice work Quarles.

Pugger
07-04-2015, 01:14 PM
What a damn fool. Thank god it appears the moron didn't hurt anybody...

pbmax
07-04-2015, 03:39 PM
From OP link:

Update 12:00 p.m. — According to a police report released to New Times, MBPD were called by a parking attendant near Lennox Avenue and Fifth Street who witnessed Quarless' dispute and the gunshots.

According to the parking attendant, Quarless and another man — identified as Michael Ritchie, a 31-year-old from New York — were leaving the garage in a black Porsche Panamera when they approached a white car filled with several women. An argument ensued, with the attendant hearing the women yell "No, get away, leave me alone!"

That's when Quarless took out a semi-automatic handgun — ID'd by police as a .45 caliber weapon — and fired two shots, one straight up into the sky. Why? When police later interviewed a woman in Quarless' car, she said he'd fired "in an attempt to emphasize his dominance and manhood."

Police quickly responded when the parking attendant called 911, and found the black Porsche a few blocks away. Quarless was soon found trying to hide in front of Siena Tavern, police say, "attempting to conceal himself and a black firearm in a nearby plant."

Police dug the gun out of the plant and later matched rounds found on the ground near the garage with the gun. Quarless was arrested on a misdemeanor account of firing a firearm in public and taken to Turner Knight Guilford Correctional Center for processing.

Patler
07-04-2015, 05:00 PM
So much for the puff pieces about how he has matured, gained focus and reported in his best condition ever for OTA's.
Hopefully, Rodgers takes a second year jump and Backman is an NFL calibre player.

This was idiotic on so many levels........

mraynrand
07-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Did he learn nothing from Elliott? God's Gift...sheesh.

pittstang5
07-04-2015, 07:39 PM
At least he carries a real man's caliber (ID'd by police as a .45 caliber weapon)

Seriously though....what an f'n moron. TT, you can release this piece of trash.

Guiness
07-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Just wow, eh? And the only witness statement so far is that it was done out of bravado.

So pittstang...how satirical is your avatar right now?

red
07-05-2015, 08:23 AM
good bye

Bretsky
07-05-2015, 09:11 AM
For the most part our TE's have been

Junk
Junkier and
Junkiest

I'm not sure which one we're getting rid of with Quarles but I don't think it matters much

Carolina_Packer
07-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Speaking of caliber...perhaps we can get Colt Lyerla on the phone.

TravisWilliams23
07-05-2015, 12:30 PM
The stupidity of some playa's is just mind boggling.
Want a one-way ticket out of the league and that gravy train payday ended?
Just fire a weapon to show which of God's Gifts you really have.

gbgary
07-05-2015, 12:36 PM
smh

cut him asap so he affects the cap as little as possible.

ThunderDan
07-05-2015, 03:59 PM
What an idiot.

NewsBruin
07-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Yikes. I could see Goodell pulling a Goodell and siccing the Domestic Violence posse on Quarles for this.

MadtownPacker
07-06-2015, 01:17 AM
Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe they spilled a drink on him.

wootah
07-06-2015, 01:49 AM
When police later interviewed a woman in Quarless' car, she said he'd fired "in an attempt to emphasize his dominance and manhood."

Why couldn't he just make a clever wordplay like the rest of us would?

MadScientist
07-06-2015, 02:10 AM
Why couldn't he just make a clever wordplay like the rest of us would?

Because that would require being clever. If he was clever, he wouldn't have shot the gun.

wootah
07-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Let's all hope he learned a lesson and from now on decides to just quarrel less.

Carolina_Packer
07-06-2015, 06:53 AM
Let's all hope he learned a lesson and from now on decides to just quarrel less.

Nailed it!

Carolina_Packer
07-06-2015, 07:09 AM
So, he's charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony. The NFL could still sit him under the personal conduct policy. Any charge that involves a gun is going to get more scrutiny. It shows an extreme lack of judgement, and the whole hiding the gun doesn't bode well either. I predict the Packers will release him and be done with him, although they were patient with Guion when he technically wasn't under contract anymore (Quarless is) and they waited for the process to play out, so what might they do for one of their own? Remember how bad the Guion situation looked initially. I thought at the time there's no way he's coming back. If there is no more fallout, it's possible that they let him work it out, but, is he in their long-term plans?

Patler
07-06-2015, 07:48 AM
I have little patience for people being irresponsible with firearms.
I have no problem with people carrying legally, but being stupid with it irks me to no end.
Pulling it out for any reason other than defending yourself or others is stupid.
Actually discharging it in anything other than a life-threatening situation should subject you to very harsh penalties.

Discharging it during a "disagreement" with a group of ladies that he and a friend approached? Discharging it twice? The guy should never be allowed anywhere near a firearm again. As for his career, the NFL should suspend him. If the league doesn't, the Packers should send him down the road. Some punishment is deserved.

Guiness
07-06-2015, 08:14 AM
So, he's charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony. The NFL could still sit him under the personal conduct policy. Any charge that involves a gun is going to get more scrutiny. It shows an extreme lack of judgement, and the whole hiding the gun doesn't bode well either. I predict the Packers will release him and be done with him, although they were patient with Guion when he technically wasn't under contract anymore (Quarless is) and they waited for the process to play out, so what might they do for one of their own? Remember how bad the Guion situation looked initially. I thought at the time there's no way he's coming back. If there is no more fallout, it's possible that they let him work it out, but, is he in their long-term plans?

Speaking of Guion, did he ever get his truck and money back? I know even after the charges were cleaned up, they were still holding onto both and didn't seem too keen on giving them back.

pbmax
07-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Speaking of Guion, did he ever get his truck and money back? I know even after the charges were cleaned up, they were still holding onto both and didn't seem too keen on giving them back.

He is currently involved in whatever court action it is that helps you get your personal property back from the State when they seize it.

I think Quarless is back, but it would be easier to predict if he was caught just trying to get the ladies high rather than dancing like Yosemite Sam.

Tony Oday
07-06-2015, 11:23 AM
How is he not released yet? Get this moron off the team now.

pbmax
07-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Its like shooting skeet with the Police taught him nothing about firearm use in everyday life.

mraynrand
07-06-2015, 11:56 AM
These kind of stunts are only tolerated in the territories.

MadScientist
07-06-2015, 01:33 PM
How is he not released yet? Get this moron off the team now.

Well he did not actually hurt anyone and did not shoot at anyone, so they may be waiting to see how this plays out. TT could be checking for any relevant contract clauses before an outright cut. He hasn't shown enough to just ignore this level of stupidity slide.

Shitty off-season for the Packers. After several years of 0 arrests, 3 so far this one.

Tony Oday
07-06-2015, 01:42 PM
He had a gun, shot the gun in the air and was a moron...released, I hope.

Joemailman
07-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Does this mean he's not in the top echelon of TE's?

Carolina_Packer
07-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Does this mean he's not in the top echelon of TE's?

No, he's nowhere close to Aaron Hernandez! :-)

Zool
07-06-2015, 03:58 PM
I knew there was a reason I've always referred to him as Andrew Clueless. Nice work dumb ass.

Rastak
07-06-2015, 07:22 PM
He is currently involved in whatever court action it is that helps you get your personal property back from the State when they seize it.

I think Quarless is back, but it would be easier to predict if he was caught just trying to get the ladies high rather than dancing like Yosemite Sam.

Yosemite Sam, LOL.

Get outta here you female varmints. Dag nab it.

pbmax
07-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, citing two unnamed sources, reports that the Packers have no plans to release Quarless after a July 4 arrest including allegations that he fired a gun twice during a dispute with a car full of females.

From: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/06/report-packers-plan-to-keep-andrew-quarless/

Source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13211590/sources-green-bay-packers-plan-release-andrew-quarless-following-arrest-discharging-firearm-public

Tony Oday
07-06-2015, 07:46 PM
That is pathetic of the Packers to allow this crap. He should be released. Obviously Packer People is Bullshit.

run pMc
07-06-2015, 08:52 PM
I think they let the legal process work its way through this before they decide to cut him or not. I'm sure TT and Co. have people gathering facts first. TT isn't the type to act rashly.

Tony Oday
07-06-2015, 11:15 PM
He fired a hand gun in the fucking air after an argument. Case closed bye bye.

wootah
07-07-2015, 01:50 AM
Maybe in an attempt to to emphasize his dominance and manhood he was bragging about how buff he is and the ladies asked to showcase his guns?

Fritz
07-07-2015, 07:43 AM
So much for the puff pieces about how he has matured, gained focus and reported in his best condition ever for OTA's.
Hopefully, Rodgers takes a second year jump and Backman is an NFL calibre player.

This was idiotic on so many levels........

This is where you're wrong. I think this incident shows that Quarless has matured greatly. A younger, more immature Andrew Quarless would not have bothered to register the gun, and would not have simply discharged the firearm harmlessly into the air. He would have most likely shot the car itself.

The fact that he was carrying the gun legally, and that he shot in the air, points to a much more mature, thoughtful young man than the one who showed up in Green Bay so many years ago.

Patler
07-07-2015, 08:02 AM
I think they let the legal process work its way through this before they decide to cut him or not. I'm sure TT and Co. have people gathering facts first. TT isn't the type to act rashly.

To me, it has nothing to do with what he may or may not be guilty of; so the legal process means little. If the facts are as the articles have consistently described, that he and a friend approached a group of women, and during that encounter he discharged his weapon twice without being in imminent danger; he has proven himself to be a type of person I do not want around my team if I am the GM. I want guys who make better decisions on the fly than that. I want guys who think well in stressful situations. I want guys who understand the consequences of their emotional responses before they respond.

On the flip side, I see little harm to the roster if he is let go, so there is no strong argument for keeping him. I don't think he will be missed on the field to any great degree.

Patler
07-07-2015, 08:04 AM
This is where you're wrong. I think this incident shows that Quarless has matured greatly. A younger, more immature Andrew Quarless would not have bothered to register the gun, and would not have simply discharged the firearm harmlessly into the air. He would have most likely shot the car itself.

The fact that he was carrying the gun legally, and that he shot in the air, points to a much more mature, thoughtful young man than the one who showed up in Green Bay so many years ago.

I have to admit, I hadn't really thought of that side of it!

pbmax
07-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Lesson: Never go to Florida.

Fritz
07-07-2015, 08:50 AM
And very little good ever occurs between midnight and five a.m.

pbmax
07-07-2015, 09:59 AM
And very little good ever occurs between midnight and five a.m.

You don't like doughnuts? Or bread?

bobblehead
07-07-2015, 06:23 PM
We can NOT afford to lose any more players this way. Clearly it is time to ban gun ownership for NFL players.

Rastak
07-07-2015, 07:09 PM
We can NOT afford to lose any more players this way. Clearly it is time to ban gun ownership for NFL players.

Anyone outside of a well regulated militia actually.

Packers4Glory
07-08-2015, 08:51 AM

GTFO

mraynrand
07-08-2015, 11:09 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8oFl9iHZ8

bobblehead
07-08-2015, 03:46 PM

Right, being that a well regulated militia is necessary for a free NFL, we actually need more NFL players armed to ensure THEIR freedoms are protected....thats what you meant right?

Rastak
07-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Right, being that a well regulated militia is necessary for a free NFL, we actually need more NFL players armed to ensure THEIR freedoms are protected....thats what you meant right?

Whatever the framers intended is what I meant.....and the supreme court drew up their version which seemed to add a bunch of things I didn't see written so the law of the land was changed.

I don't want this thread locked so I'm out as far as that goes. :glug:

Pugger
07-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Q is indeed a moron but I doubt he's going anywhere right now. If we were gonna cut players for screwing up Guion and D. Jones would also be long gone. Now, if RickRod really shines in camp and the preseason Q's job could be in jeopardy, but not presently.

Pugger
07-08-2015, 07:50 PM
That is pathetic of the Packers to allow this crap. He should be released. Obviously Packer People is Bullshit.

Only fans use the term "Packer People." Unless he is charged with a violent crime he won't be released.

Pugger
07-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Lesson: Never go to Florida.

Yes, everyone should stay away. There are too many people down here already. ;-)

Joemailman
07-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Could be worse. Quarless could have tried to scare them with some fireworks.

Rastak
07-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Yes, everyone should stay away. There are too many people down here already. ;-)

Hey wait a minute, didn't you once say you were hanging out gulf side in southern Florida?

I think that's where I want to retire.

As for PACKER PEOPLE, it's used as hyperbole by both fans and management when it suits them.

Everything is governed by need and cost and risk.

mraynrand
07-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Whatever the framers intended is what I meant.....and the supreme court drew up their version which seemed to add a bunch of things I didn't see written so the law of the land was changed.

I don't want this thread locked so I'm out as far as that goes. :glug:

I dare you to start a thread in FYI where you tell us everything the framers intended on this subject, especially about militias.

red
07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Just shows how desperate we are at TE that this jackass is still on the team

Patler
07-09-2015, 12:42 AM
Q is indeed a moron but I doubt he's going anywhere right now. If we were gonna cut players for screwing up Guion and D. Jones would also be long gone. Now, if RickRod really shines in camp and the preseason Q's job could be in jeopardy, but not presently.

I don't see the three as similar at all. I can easily accept Guion and Jones being kept (assuming Guion was in fact not dealing). Neither did anything to directly jeopardize others. Quarless demonstrated a particularly significant stupidity and irresponsibility, if the reports are accurate as to what happened. I have no tolerance for irresponsible use of firearms.

If they keep him, I will be quite disappointed. If they release him only after R. Rodgers wins the starting spot, I will still be disappointed in the Packers. Not surprised, but disappointed.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Verdict is in. Plea deal. He enters a no contest plea, pays $1,000, one year of probation and no verdict is entered if he stays clean and completes terms.

He needs to take an anger management class and leave the gun with the State. If he completes the class and other terms, his probation can also be reduced to six months.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/andrew-quarless-sentenced-in-gun-incident-b99625847z1-359077991.html

MadScientist
11-30-2015, 06:13 PM
From his lawyer, quoted in the JS article:

O'Donnell, Quarless' attorney, said he opposed the anger management class in court but ultimately accepted it as part of the sentence.

"We're gonna do that but not because he needs it. The case had nothing to do with anger. It was just a stupid thing," he said.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a "Stupidity management class". He could sure use that (sadly along with millions of others).

pbmax
11-30-2015, 06:59 PM
^ At least blame your anger on losing to the Seahawks or something.