PDA

View Full Version : COWBOYS PUT UP OVER 500 YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE ON THE VIKES!

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 10:12 PM
ESPN Game Tracker is showing the Cowboys have put up 519 yards on the Vikings tonight. 418 passing and 101 running. The game is still going because Vanderjagt (spelling) sucks ass. Tony Romo has over 349 yards passing! I think it may have ended in a tie.

Don't freak out Rastak, I understand that a lot of it was done against the scrubs. B. Johnson did look solid but your running game sucked again. What is up? All that money for Hutch and you can't average more then 3 yards a carry? Your SUPERSTAR RB Chester Taylor averaged 1.8 yards a carry!

digitaldean
08-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Don't be surprised if Romo takes over for Bledsoe this season.

He's played fairly well plus the Cowboys signed him to a contract extension today.

Packnut
08-31-2006, 10:24 PM

He's played fairly well plus the Cowboys signed him to a contract extension today.

Bledsoe was on fire last game and he has a great set of WR's and a solid running game. This guy will have the best season of his career.

Rastak
08-31-2006, 10:34 PM
ESPN Game Tracker is showing the Cowboys have put up 519 yards on the Vikings tonight. 418 passing and 101 running. The game is still going because Vanderjagt (spelling) sucks ass. Tony Romo has over 349 yards passing! I think it may have ended in a tie.

Don't freak out Rastak, I understand that a lot of it was done against the scrubs. B. Johnson did look solid but your running game sucked again. What is up? All that money for Hutch and you can't average more then 3 yards a carry? Your SUPERSTAR RB Chester Taylor averaged 1.8 yards a carry!

Cowboys starters 3 points...

Vikings starters 7 points...

I'm concerned about the running game....it's certainly not impressing me.
Passing game looks fine. Defense (starting) looks outstanding. Cowboys had time of possesion yet had -1 yards rushing after 1 quarter. Not much better after 1 half. This is on the road. As for what the Vikes paid for Hutch, they have a similar cap situation with Green Bay. You must also realize, Jason fucking Whittle played center with the first team. I don't know why Birk didn;t play but I read he was sick....not sure if that's true.

I could say after Monday night , the Pack signed Manuel and Woodson yet got totally torched. I'll say the Vikes need to improve the running game and Green Bay needs to improve their defense and running game. Superstar Green didn't exactly roll up the yards either, nor did the hero of Sam's club.

Not trying to start a war, just my observations. I'll have to catch the game tomorrow afternoon and see how GB starters fare in the 1st quarter.

digitaldean
08-31-2006, 10:35 PM

Bledsoe was on fire last game and he has a great set of WR's and a solid running game. This guy will have the best season of his career.

You may be correct...

But sooner or later that lack of mobility will get him injured.

Bretsky
08-31-2006, 10:44 PM

Cowboys starters 3 points...

Vikings starters 7 points...

I'm concerned about the running game....it's certainly not impressing me.
Passing game looks fine. Defense (starting) looks outstanding. Cowboys had time of possesion yet had -1 yards rushing after 1 quarter. Not much better after 1 half. This is on the road. As for what the Vikes paid for Hutch, they have a similar cap situation with Green Bay. You must also realize, Jason fucking Whittle played center with the first team. I don't know why Birk didn;t play but I read he was sick....not sure if that's true.

I could say after Monday night , the Pack signed Manuel and Woodson yet got totally torched. I'll say the Vikes need to improve the running game and Green Bay needs to improve their defense and running game. Superstar Green didn't exactly roll up the yards either, nor did the hero of Sam's club.

Not trying to start a war, just my observations. I'll have to catch the game tomorrow afternoon and see how GB starters fare in the 1st quarter.

WHO DO YOU SEE AS THE VIKING #1 WR NOW ?

gbpackfan
08-31-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm not going to say your wrong. We certainly do have work to do. But this was about how suckie your team played. If you want to talk about how suckie the packers played, see the other 100 threads on this forum. :D

Kiwon
08-31-2006, 11:10 PM
ESPN Game Tracker is showing the Cowboys have put up 519 yards on the Vikings tonight. 418 passing and 101 running.

Gosh...don't ya just hate to hear that :D

the_idle_threat
08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :D :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :D :cry: :D :D :D :D :cry: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rastak
09-01-2006, 05:16 AM
I'm not going to say your wrong. We certainly do have work to do. But this was about how suckie your team played. If you want to talk about how suckie the packers played, see the other 100 threads on this forum. :D

Again, they lead 7-3 when the starters left, hardly "suckie".

Edit: Damn, in reading my original post I sound like a purple Harvey!

gbpackfan
09-01-2006, 07:38 AM
It's a team sport buddy! And getting 500 yards piled up on you is most def. SUCKIE!!!! :lol:

Rastak
09-01-2006, 08:03 AM
It's a team sport buddy! And getting 500 yards piled up on you is most def. SUCKIE!!!! :lol:

I'm pretty worried, if they ever have to sub out the whole defense they're in deep trouble. I mean surrending 10 points in 5 quarters of football is pretty bad. :mrgreen:

Tony Oday
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
The vikings defense is looking tough in the preseason. They are using their whole playbook but the LBs are actually looking decent and they are swarming to the ball. It looks like the Vikes will be suseptible(sp?) to the double moves and play action. Also depth is looking like an issue on the defensive side of the ball. One or two injuries could really hurt this team.

On offense the offensive line needs to gel. They are flat out bad run blocking. I would think in 4-5 games that will be rectified. Chester has shown flashes when he gets in the flat. BJ showed some arm strength last night hitting Williamson on a fade which was a nice pass. There is no clear cut number one WR on this team and Wiggins will be the saftey valve guy again this year.

This is a very middle of the road team that has the potential after a year or two, if they keep the corp together, to be the NFC north champs. This year they will not be better than 9-7 but that will be on the strength of a paper thin defense.

Dabaddestbear
09-01-2006, 05:17 PM

And as bad as the Vikings running game has looked, the Packers running game has looked even worse.

gbpackfan
09-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Na, don't think so. Not that your bears are tearing it up on O either PAL!