PDA

View Full Version : Green and other starters

Rastak
09-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Guys, a quick question.

Why is Ahman Green not starting if his leg is recovered? I would think this is a good opportunity to knock off more of the rust, and there is 9 days before the regular season starts. It seemed that McCarthy had said his leg was sound and that tendon shouldn't be a problem again.

Also, has McCarthy stated how long he'll play his starters?

Tarlam!
09-01-2006, 08:12 AM
My guess is they need to evaluate the back ups to see whom they will keep/cut....

That's not an issue for the starters...

RashanGary
09-01-2006, 08:36 AM
According to Green, they set out a come back plan months ago and they are sticking to it. I'm sure McCarthy would love to play him and Green would probably like to play, but for the sake of giving his leg ample time to recover from his first full contact football playing time, they are resting him.

BobDobbs
09-01-2006, 08:42 AM
From what I read the Packers medical staff had Green's return charted months ago. He was scheduled to make a return in the third game, then sit out the fourth.
I bet that part of it is the quick turnover in between games. He hasn't gotten beat up for awhile so make sure that he has recuperation time. McCarthy seems to really stress keeping people fresh. Less hitting, less two a days, getting coaches out of the office by 6pm before games.
It's probably some of both don't hurt him and take a look at who else we have at running back.

Tarlam!
09-01-2006, 08:43 AM
You were posting under Charles Woodson yesterday, back to Jennings today. What's up with that?

Rastak
09-01-2006, 08:47 AM
You were posting under Charles Woodson yesterday, back to Jennings today. What's up with that?

No, Woodson is the former Nick Barnett....

Tarlam!
09-01-2006, 08:49 AM
See, that's why I voted NO to these name changes - I have killed too many grey cells to remember!

Green Bud Packer
09-01-2006, 09:01 AM
I have killed too many grey cells to remember!i like to call it weeding out the weak ones.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2006, 09:05 AM
See, that's why I voted NO to these name changes - I have killed too many grey cells to remember!

There are no name changes--unless you get special treatment from mad.