PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Pages : 1 [2]

Bossman641
08-28-2015, 03:04 PM
There was discussion earlier in this thread about why Rodgers' INT's were up in camp. We have our answer.

MM was leaking signals to the defense in an effort to improve their communication and IQ.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/08/28/green-bay-aaron-rodgers-mike-mccarthy/71280854/

pbmax
08-28-2015, 04:10 PM
There was discussion earlier in this thread about why Rodgers' INT's were up in camp. We have our answer.

MM was leaking signals to the defense in an effort to improve their communication and IQ.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/08/28/green-bay-aaron-rodgers-mike-mccarthy/71280854/

Even if it doesn't work, I love it.

Joemailman
08-29-2015, 06:09 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ty-montgomerys-many-roles-raise-fears-of-burnout-b99566112z1-323296151.html

he Packers' plan is to bring in a veteran receiver to help make up for Nelson's loss, and it's no secret in NFL circles that if the New York Giants cut James Jones, the Packers would be all over him. They also will be keeping an eye on Carolina, where Jarrett Boykin is competing for a roster spot. They might even consider Detroit's Jeremy Ross if he gets cut.

All three are former Packers who could step right into the system, and Montgomery wouldn't get in a position where he feels like he has to replace Nelson.

Is this just speculation any fan is capable of, or does Silverstein actually have information?

smuggler
08-29-2015, 07:34 AM
I think JJ is plausible, but I really doubt it with Boykin and Ross.

red
08-29-2015, 07:51 AM

great, so the defense hasn't improved, they're just cheating

can't wait for them all to stand around and look at each other after the first long touchdown is given up with all the younger guys wondering why they weren't told the other teams play

part of practice is letting the defense learn how to read and react. tough to learn that when they don't have to do it

pbmax
08-29-2015, 10:18 AM

can't wait for them all to stand around and look at each other after the first long touchdown is given up with all the younger guys wondering why they weren't told the other teams play

part of practice is letting the defense learn how to read and react. tough to learn that when they don't have to do it

Really depends on what he told them. If he gave them the Packer calls, then they are cheating. If he told them how to read a an offense pre snap, then it might be legit. The article doesn't say if he gave them the checks, or how to know dummy calls. I kinda doubt he did that. Would be useless during the season.

I love that he is doing this, but I hope is systemic and an interactive approach. If its a one off, noticed this on film, here is a hint, then it might be of limited use during the season. Might even get them caught looking for a certain play or player. If he is teaching the defense how to read the offense like the O normally does in reverse, it might lead to better audibles if the Packer D alignment calls can be used quickly.

Could also help the D get into the most favorable alignment without making a call. If you don't want the Seahawks to pull in a TE to block, you might refrain from making an alignment adjustment because your film study plus knowledge of the QB tells you that will happen if you drop a safety to a Robber spot versus 1 RB, 2TE, 1 WR

pbmax
08-29-2015, 11:07 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ty-montgomerys-many-roles-raise-fears-of-burnout-b99566112z1-323296151.html

Is this just speculation any fan is capable of, or does Silverstein actually have information?

I don't know what he is thinking or reporting. After Benjamin's injury in Carolina, I cannot imagine Boykin not making that team. If he doesn't, it might be a sign its time to go work at a car dealer. They have ZERO weapons at WR.

Jones at least is a possibility. He is a backup (though a backup to two players who get hurt quite a bit). Boykin might end up starting.

They cut Ross because he is loose with the football. That hasn't changed.

The more obvious move is to tell Zook to can the Monty on all ST unit approach after Nelson was injured. he is the third wideout, returning is enough.

pbmax
08-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m21 minutes ago
Talking w/ Dom Capers, found it interesting #Packers looking at James Vaughters at both outside and inside linebacker http://pck.rs/1ErFNuA

This year that distinction belongs to Vaughters, the 6-foot-4, 254-pound undrafted rookie who recently began attending inside linebacker meetings and even took a few snaps there Sunday against Pittsburgh.

Since the return of Matthews (knee, elbow), Mike Neal (hernia surgery and Nick Perry (groin), the Packers have had an overabundance of outside rushers in practice. A move inside is one way to get Vaughters on the field and see if he could handle the position.

The move isn't necessarily permanent. The Packers plan to keep working him at both positions during the remainder of the preseason.

"The more you can do, the more your value goes up," defensive coordinator Dom Capers said this week. "Vaughters is a big, strong body and a pretty smart guy. He did some decent things outside and we want to get a good look to see if he could be a swing guy who could go both ways.

"A guy who can go either inside or outside, you want to get a look and see if there's a potential of doing that."

Joemailman
08-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m21 minutes ago
Talking w/ Dom Capers, found it interesting #Packers looking at James Vaughters at both outside and inside linebacker http://pck.rs/1ErFNuA

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2015/OLB/James-Vaughters

Positive: Strong, forceful linebacker with marginal instincts. Breaks down well, quick changing direction and has a burst to the action. Fluid moving in reverse, displays ability off the edge as a pass rusher and nicely redirects to runners. Moves well laterally and covers a good amount of area.
Negative: Constantly a half step late arriving on the scene. Misreads plays, bites on ball fakes and gets caught out of position.
Analysis: Vaughters forces the action on a number of occasions but has too many mental lapses to be anything other than a marginal reserve at the next level.

His reported negatives here would certainly be a problem at ILB.

pbmax
08-31-2015, 10:00 AM
Well Boykin is still on Carolina's roster,

J. Boykin 2 24 0 17

But this AM I read that Corey Brown and Jericho Cotchery might be ahead of him. Also Devin Funchess is due to come back soon.

So, maybe?

pbmax
08-31-2015, 10:08 AM
It could be worse:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 54m54 minutes ago
If you’re scoring at home, #Bucs have 3 kickers (Patrick Murray, Connor Barth, Kyle Brindza) & 2 punters (Michael Koenen & Jake Schum)

Rutnstrut
08-31-2015, 10:37 AM

You can't expect a different outcome when they keep doing the same thing (Capers)...

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2015, 11:06 AM

J. Boykin 2 24 0 17

But this AM I read that Corey Brown and Jericho Cotchery might be ahead of him. Also Devin Funchess is due to come back soon.

So, maybe?

I don't see them going back to Boykin. He had his shot last year and biffed it.

Guiness
08-31-2015, 11:08 AM

J. Boykin 2 24 0 17

So, maybe?

The way he fell off two seasons ago, I'd be awfully surprised if that happened. If it did, I expect it would after the start of the regular season, when they could sign him and not guarantee his salary for the year. When does that happen, after the week 1 game or is it just before?

I know it's the Bears and anything can happen, but I can't see being too concerned about week 1. That team is a disaster. I think they play week 1 with what they have, and make any necessary moves based on that.

Guiness
08-31-2015, 11:12 AM
It could be worse:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 54m54 minutes ago
If you’re scoring at home, #Bucs have 3 kickers (Patrick Murray, Connor Barth, Kyle Brindza) & 2 punters (Michael Koenen & Jake Schum)

Bucs and Jags both have a viable extra kicker they're holding on to in hopes the Steelers call. Problem is, well, the problem is well, no onecarries and extra kicker and they both have...

I just had a shiver do down my spine remembering the BJ Sanders year. I thought I'd scrubbed my mind of that.

pbmax
08-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Steelers dealt either last night or early this AM for Scobee.

Pugger
08-31-2015, 12:32 PM
When will we announce our cuts, tomorrow?

Guiness
08-31-2015, 12:46 PM

Wow, they took the vet and his $3M contract, eh?
edit: seeing reports that he's restructuring

I wonder if the Steelers wanted him, or if he was the guy the Jags wanted to trade?

Guiness
08-31-2015, 12:48 PM
When will we announce our cuts, tomorrow?

I've already announced them :mrgreen:
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?28044-Predict-the-cut-down-to-75

Fritz
08-31-2015, 01:43 PM

Scobee Dobee Doh, where are yo?

You've got some work to do now.

Come on Scobee Doh, So we can know

if you can kick a football.

Bossman641
08-31-2015, 04:22 PM
I really hope we can do better than Boykin.

Joemailman
09-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 52m52 minutes ago
Abbrederis made a sliding catch in the end zone during team drills. May have been out of bounds

ichael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
LB Adrian Hubbard posted on Twitter this morning that he got cut.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
Players I haven't seen today: Blue, Goodson, Sebetic, Hunt, Datone Jones, Lang.

David Bakhtiari (knee) and Josh Sitton (ankle) are practicing. Big boost.

Bryan Bulaga (ankle) is here in pads today.

pbmax
09-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3h3 hours ago
Ty Montgomery is out but it appears Josh Sitton and David Bakhtiari are back

Four of the five offensive line starters are on the field. Only T.J. Lang (concussion) is out. Matt Rotheram at RG in his place

Now Lane Taylor in at RG with the starters: Bakhtiari, Sitton, Linsley and Barclay.

#Packers DNPs:
Javess Blue
Randall Cobb
Micah Hyde
Demetri Goodson
Kyle Sebetic
T.J Lang
Jimmie Hunt
Jordy Nelson
Ty Mongomery
Datone Jones

#Packers WR Jared Abbrederis in his first practice since July 30, when he was concussed.
http://es.pn/1hvjidp

Randall Cobb (shoulder) watching practice.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2h2 hours ago
Jared Abbrederis is getting a team rep with the scout offense and gets a deep ball that he lays out for but can't get. #Packers

Another acrobatic interception by @RandallTime. Leaping, one-handed pick in the end zone on a fade from Rodgers. #Packers

Rob Demovsky retweeted
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
If the collective math of @RobDemovsky, @PackerReport, @WesHod and myself is correct, 3-4 guys practicing now will be cut later today.

Jared Abbrederis with a short TD catch from Scott Tolzien in the red-zone drill.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 51m51 minutes ago
#Packers post-practice injury update:

Ty Montgomery: hamstring tightness
Demetri Goodson: knee
Sam Barrington: ankle (dropped out)

pbmax
09-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Blanchard is gone.

But also this:

Stu Courtney ‏@Stucourt 16m16 minutes ago
#Packers WR Randall Cobb on status of sprained shoulder: 'I don't plan on missing a game.' More from @ByRyanWood http://pck.rs/1Fht34p