PDA

View Full Version : AP thinks he can be the GOAT

Guiness
08-09-2015, 10:00 AM
AP thinks he's already punched his ticket to Canton (I think he's got work to do yet) and is working towards being the best player in NFL history.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/09/adrian-peterson-im-already-a-hall-of-famer-i-want-to-be-the-best-ever/

Purple Jesus just really isn't that smart, eh? We all chuckled at Quarless wanting to be considered a 'top echelon' TE, but he's a lot closer that than Peterson is to eclipsing Jerry Rice or LT. It's not even a stretch goal, it's delusional.

call_me_ishmael
08-09-2015, 12:13 PM
He is a HOFer right now. Truly elite player. He will be a top 5 running back of all time when all is said and done. Special acceleration, power and quickness.

wist43
08-09-2015, 12:18 PM
I just traded for him in a fantasy league - expecting at least 1,800 yds, and 13 TD's out of him this year and next.

Guiness
08-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Well, you guys have more faith in him than me. He was elite, but he's 30 years old and this year he'll be 3 seasons removed from his MVP. I think he's got a decent year (1000-1200 yards, maybe 14) in left in him, then there'll be a drop off. I expect the Vikings to get what they can our of his with the money's he's guaranteed, but they'll start looking for his replacement, and for him to take a pay cut. It'll be interesting to see his reaction to that, I expect he won't take it well.

Rastak
08-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Well, you guys have more faith in him than me. He was elite, but he's 30 years old and this year he'll be 3 seasons removed from his MVP. I think he's got a decent year (1000-1200 yards, maybe 14) in left in him, then there'll be a drop off. I expect the Vikings to get what they can our of his with the money's he's guaranteed, but they'll start looking for his replacement, and for him to take a pay cut. It'll be interesting to see his reaction to that, I expect he won't take it well.

If he drops off they won't care how he takes it....McKinnon will take over at that point. If he doesn't, on ward and upward as they say.

red
08-09-2015, 10:25 PM
he good, he's very good, but hes not barry or walter good imo

i don't hold my breath in fear every time he touches the ball

Guiness
08-09-2015, 10:35 PM
If he drops off they won't care how he takes it....McKinnon will take over at that point. If he doesn't, on ward and upward as they say.

I know they won't care from a football perspective, but I wonder if the separation will go well? Will he pitch a fit or fade quietly? Something tells me he's not going to be ready to hang them up when the Vikings are done with him, and like Favre, Rice and so many before them, he'll finish out his career elsewhere.

wist43
08-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Peterson is just a beast - I don't know what you guys are lookin at... just wishful thinking?? He'll hit the wall eventually - everyone does; but, he's proven himself to be durable, tough, and a quick healer. He's had an entire year off from contact, and he always keeps himself in elite condition. I see no reason why he won't dominate for another 2-3 years.

Minnesota will be better this year, we could very well split with them.

Guiness
08-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Peterson is just a beast - I don't know what you guys are lookin at... just wishful thinking?? He'll hit the wall eventually - everyone does; but, he's proven himself to be durable, tough, and a quick healer. He's had an entire year off from contact, and he always keeps himself in elite condition. I see no reason why he won't dominate for another 2-3 years.

I'm looking at 2K attempts, 10K yards on that frame. *shrug* we'll see

esoxx
08-09-2015, 11:07 PM
He could probably be GOAT at whipping his kid's genitals with a tree branch.

wist43
08-09-2015, 11:59 PM
I'm looking at 2K attempts, 10K yards on that frame. *shrug* we'll see

I've watched enough of that guy to say, without hesitation, he is one of the all-time great RB's. Like I said, everyone fades at some point, but I simply see Peterson as being on another level physically and mentally.

I think he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder, and barring injury will lead the league in rushing - barring injury of course; and that is the concern with the milage; but I think he's a special player, and he'll be good, longer than most.

run pMc
08-10-2015, 07:29 AM

I agree with this. Peterson is a beast. He came back from an ACL to rush for 2000 yards. I wouldn't put anything past him. He's got 2-3 seasons of very good if not elite production in him IMO. Vikings will be tough out with him plus a maturing young QB and defense.

Cheesehead Craig
08-10-2015, 08:19 AM
I agree with this. Peterson is a beast. He came back from an ACL to rush for 2000 yards. I wouldn't put anything past him. He's got 2-3 seasons of very good if not elite production in him IMO. Vikings will be tough out with him plus a maturing young QB and defense.

I'm agreeing with wist and you as well. It's dangerous to assume that he'll hit some magical wall. He's proven himself time and time again on how good he is. I'd expect numbers with what wist is predicting, although the OL there is some cause for concern.

The only knock is the injury history, but a year without contact certainly would have helped things heal better than a year of teams dog-piling him.