PDA

View Full Version : Abbrederis

Harlan Huckleby
08-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Probably he is not considering retirement. He looks like practice squad material to me.

Joemailman
08-10-2015, 06:11 AM
He is at best #7 WR behind the top 4, Janis and Myles White.

Guiness
08-10-2015, 09:21 AM
He is at best #7 WR behind the top 4, Janis and Myles White.

You're penciling in Montgomery as the #4?

Still can't believe White is in the conversation. He's listed at 6', 183lbs, Abbrederis is 6'2" 190. Janis is 6'3" 219, Adams is 6'1" 215. They are some skinny dudes!

Harlan Huckleby
08-10-2015, 11:37 AM
White & Abbrederis don't look like pro athletes. They make me nervous. Eat some bacon cheeseburgers.

red
08-10-2015, 05:35 PM
so, what do things look like as we speak?

1a. Jordy
1b. Cobb

3. adams. looks like he could be a solid 2 or maybe even a 1 if the first two are injured

4.?
5.?
6.?

i think we could keep 6 based on the fact that we only have 1 keepable TE imo (r-rod)

you would think montgomery would make the team being a 3rd round pick this year. janis has done next to nothing in camp after being talked up all offseason, but has a ton of god given skills. abby has almost had as many head injuries as me

and then theres white. a guy with shit measurables, but a hard worker who looks the best of the rest by far, so far

then theres the other guys, including the guy who hurt himself running into a tiny woman (imagine a real football player hitting him)

i see abby being put back on IR or cut/forced to retire

and white, janis, monty making the team as we keep 6 wr's

imo, monty is probably the worst of the group of 6, but i don't see anyway of being able to stash him on the PS for a year like a lot of rookie wr's need

Joemailman
08-10-2015, 06:33 PM
You're penciling in Montgomery as the #4?

Still can't believe White is in the conversation. He's listed at 6', 183lbs, Abbrederis is 6'2" 190. Janis is 6'3" 219, Adams is 6'1" 215. They are some skinny dudes!

Packers have White listed at 6', 190. He does look stronger than he did a couple of years ago. Pretty good little player.

Patler
08-10-2015, 06:42 PM
so, what do things look like as we speak?

1a. Jordy
1b. Cobb

3. adams. looks like he could be a solid 2 or maybe even a 1 if the first two are injured

4.?
5.?
6.?

i think we could keep 6 based on the fact that we only have 1 keepable TE imo (r-rod)

you would think montgomery would make the team being a 3rd round pick this year. janis has done next to nothing in camp after being talked up all offseason, but has a ton of god given skills. abby has almost had as many head injuries as me

and then theres white. a guy with shit measurables, but a hard worker who looks the best of the rest by far, so far

then theres the other guys, including the guy who hurt himself running into a tiny woman (imagine a real football player hitting him)

i see abby being put back on IR or cut/forced to retire

and white, janis, monty making the team as we keep 6 wr's

imo, monty is probably the worst of the group of 6, but i don't see anyway of being able to stash him on the PS for a year like a lot of rookie wr's need

Why so down on Montgomery? Reporters have had nothing but glowing reports on his performance so far. Most have said it's Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, and then everyone else.

red
08-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Why so down on Montgomery? Reporters have had nothing but glowing reports on his performance so far. Most have said it's Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, and then everyone else.

just because he's a rook

i don't expect rookie WR's to step into our system right away and amount to much

and i rank him behind janis because of all the offseason talk from the coaches and his size/speed ratio, and white because he looks to have the hunger

no matter what, i think our 5th or 6th wr is gonna be pretty damn good, but not put up much in terms of numbers

King Friday
08-10-2015, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't bother even trying to stash the kid on the practice squad at this point...he's never going to be a viable player at the NFL level because of his concussion history.

King Friday
08-10-2015, 09:09 PM
i don't expect rookie WR's to step into our system right away and amount to much

Well, I guess Adams is a complete zero to you then.

No one is suggesting Montgomery is going to catch 100 balls as a rookie...the point is that he has the skill and talent to potentially become a good player in the league because you already see the flashes in his first training camp. That sets him apart from the guys who have been around for a year or more and still can't flash jack shit except lots of time on the injury report.

King Friday
08-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Janis is 6'3" 219, Adams is 6'1" 215. They are some skinny dudes!

I'm not sure how anyone well under 200 is going to hold up long term. I'm amazed Donald Driver didn't wind up in the ER every other week. He was a freak to be smaller and take the punishment but still produce for as long as he did.

red
08-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Well, I guess Adams is a complete zero to you then.

No one is suggesting Montgomery is going to catch 100 balls as a rookie...the point is that he has the skill and talent to potentially become a good player in the league because you already see the flashes in his first training camp. That sets him apart from the guys who have been around for a year or more and still can't flash jack shit except lots of time on the injury report.

are your mom and dad, bother and sister?

i just wrote in the fucking post right before that about how much i think adams is ready to jump this year

and for the record, davante did next to jack shit as a rookie (38 catches, 446 yards, 3tds), when he was the clear #3 wr or the roster by default and this team was desperate for a 3rd option. so i think that kind of backs up my point of rookies not stepping in year one and lighting the world on fire

King Friday
08-10-2015, 09:30 PM
are your mom and dad, bother and sister?

You are the one with the crazy fucktard as an avatar.

and for the record, davante did next to jack shit as a rookie (38 catches, 446 yards, 3tds), when he was the clear #3 wr or the roster by default and this team was desperate for a 3rd option.

38 catches is jack shit? If you think 38 = 0, then your family DNA must be way worse than mine.

Abbrederis is jack shit.

red
08-10-2015, 09:40 PM
imo, you would expect more out of your #3 in a high powered offence like ours

i expect him this year to put up number like jones was doing his last couple years here (around 700-800 yards or so)

leading me back to my main point, don't expect much from your rookie Wr's. it takes a year in our system. thats why i don't expect much if anything from monty this year. unlike adams last year, monty will be no more the the 4th or 5th target on offense (wr's and Te's combined)

Joemailman
08-10-2015, 09:53 PM

i expect him this year to put up number like jones was doing his last couple years here (around 700-800 yards or so)

leading me back to my main point, don't expect much from your rookie Wr's. it takes a year in our system. thats why i don't expect much if anything from monty this year. unlike adams last year, monty will be no more the the 4th or 5th target on offense (wr's and Te's combined)

It's doubtful Adams will match those numbers unless Jordy or Cobb get hurt. Jones was helped by the fact that Jordy missed 6 games in 2012 and Cobb missed half the season 2013. As for Monty, there have been reports that he's picked up the offense faster than any WR since MM has been here. Those Stanford guys are smart. So I expect him to be more productive than most rookie wide receivers. Hard to say how much of an opportunity he'll get, but I wouldn't be surprised if he cuts into Jordy's and Cobb's numbers a bit.

ThunderDan
08-11-2015, 09:06 AM

This makes no sense. It is almost like the Randy Moss argument from years ago.

There are only so many completions to go around. ARod had 341 completions in 2014. Jordy had 98 catches, Cobb had 91 and Lacy had 42 coming out of the backfield. That only leaves 110 catches for the rest of the team. Quarless and Rodgers caught 49 at the TE spot. How many is the 3rd WR supposed to catch?

James Jones only caught 50 balls or more in a season 3 times out of 7. His totals were 47, 20, 32, 50, 38, 64, 59. His best two seasons didn't come until the end of his career with the Pack when Nelson or Cobb were hurt for part of those years.

Zool
08-11-2015, 10:46 AM

When your #1 and #2 break an NFL record for yards and TDs by a starting duo, everyone else is left fighting for scraps.

red
08-11-2015, 03:06 PM
When your #1 and #2 break an NFL record for yards and TDs by a starting duo, everyone else is left fighting for scraps.

I think you're helping prove my point. Our system please s or at least was, a system where we could go for or five deep and spread the ball all over

A-rod wasn't even trying to look at Adams or the rest of the young guys last year

I'm not saying a rods numbers will go up, but jordy and cobbs numbers should go down, and the team should benefit from it imo

Patler
08-11-2015, 03:20 PM
A-rod wasn't even trying to look at Adams or the rest of the young guys last year

Because he didn't need to, most of the time. Nelson and Cobb were "open" at a record setting frequency. But, when he needed Adams, Adams was there - on the fake spike for a crucial first down and clock stoppage by getting out of bounds; and in games when Nelson or Cobb were not huge factors, including the playoff game against Dallas (5 games, 31 receptions, 440 yards). That is mostly what you want from a 3rd receiver when you have two like Cobb and Nelson ahead of him. Be there when #1 and #2 are not. Last year, that wasn't very often.

Smidgeon
08-11-2015, 04:40 PM
I think you're helping prove my point. Our system please s or at least was, a system where we could go for or five deep and spread the ball all over

I'm not saying a rods numbers will go up, but jordy and cobbs numbers should go down, and the team should benefit from it imo

I predicted before last year that Cobb and Nelson would have monster years because of the unpredictability behind them. The other WRs were young and unexperienced. The team with Rodgers is usually five or more deep, but the experience was lacking. With more experience, Adams will get more passes, Janis and White (if they're on the team) will get opportunities, and RR will get some too. Nelson and Cobb won't duplicate last year, but not because they can't. Because there will be options.

King Friday
08-11-2015, 08:21 PM

WTF are you talking about? You are literally making ZERO sense.

In one post, you lament the fact that any rookie WR in our system is basically worth jack shit...then you turn around and demand "for the good of the team" that Rodgers to throw a bunch of balls at one of those jack shit rookies rather than targeting bona fide studs like Cobb or Jordy?

Your argument is more jack shit than Abbrederis.

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I think red was saying that Arod would spread ball around more, that's all. Adams, perhaps Janis or White, are no longer rookies.

This Thursday marks two weeks since Abbrederis was concussed. That's a long time to suffer symptoms. Hope he moves on.

Pugger
08-12-2015, 06:40 AM
You are the one with the crazy fucktard as an avatar.

38 catches is jack shit? If you think 38 = 0, then your family DNA must be way worse than mine.

Abbrederis is jack shit.

Abby hasn't done jack shit so we don't know if he can play or not. Evidently before he hurt his knee last summer AR was singing his praises calling him Magic so perhaps he has some skills. But not practicing all this time is really killing his chances to make this squad.

red
08-12-2015, 04:06 PM
I think red was saying that Arod would spread ball around more, that's all. Adams, perhaps Janis or White, are no longer rookies.

This Thursday marks two weeks since Abbrederis was concussed. That's a long time to suffer symptoms. Hope he moves on.

Exactly

King Friday
08-12-2015, 08:37 PM

I realize that.

The point is that EARLIER in the thread, he said rookie WRs were worthless in our system.

So arguing that AR should've been throwing more to Adams last year FROM HIS POINT OF VIEW makes zero sense, because Adams was a worthless rookie who couldn't contribute anything. Just like Montgomery is going to do absolutely nothing this year whatsoever.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2015, 09:08 AM

I don't think he is blaming AR, he is suggesting that AR lacked confidence in the young receivers.

sharpe1027
08-13-2015, 09:19 AM

Injury settlement territory? Might be better than getting cut.

mraynrand
08-13-2015, 10:05 AM
I don't think he is blaming AR, he is suggesting that AR lacked confidence in the young receivers.

Right. Because they sucked. There is a reason TT drafted a WR in the third. I don't know if Stubby is thinking the same as he was 3-5 years ago, but his system works best when his #4 and #5 receivers are better than the other teams' nickel and dime backs.

KYPack
08-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Along those lines, what happened to attacking the seams and the backside with TE's, and the 3 or 4th wide?

I know we haven't truly had the personnel, but should we have more drive to get that kind of player?

We also seem to be the last vestige of the fullback.

That might actually be working to our advantage with other teams not seeing the fullback lead very much.