PDA

View Full Version : Packers barely mentioned on NFL network.

Rutnstrut
08-10-2015, 08:40 PM
So I am off work for a month due to having surgery. As I always do I am watch a lot of NFL network, except now it's on all day. They hardly ever mention the Packers, some teams are covered daily. I don't know why this is, just venting I guess.

smuggler
08-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I watched NFLN pretty regularly one summer (probably 2005 or 6) and experienced this same stuff. I stopped watching.

Tony Oday
08-11-2015, 07:35 AM
We are not a coast team or Dallas.

hoosier
08-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Good to know. Given a choice, I would much rather my team NOT get coverage on NFL network.

mraynrand
08-11-2015, 08:50 AM
It could go the other way. They could be Cincinnati, get lots of coverage, including being on hard knocks, and win no games of any consequence for 30 years.

Rutnstrut
08-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Today they actually have a broadcast team at the Packers training camp. Ahman Green is one of the on air personalities, so it should be good coverage.

mraynrand
08-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Today they actually have a broadcast team at the Packers training camp. Ahman Green is one of the on air personalities, so it should be good coverage.

http://www.signnetwork.com/decals/Decals/CARTOONS/Cartoon_Characters/images/Bat%20man1.jpg

Bossman641
08-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Packers are boring to talking heads....no HC change, same offensive personnel, no prima donnas making headlines.

pbmax
08-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Packers are boring to talking heads....no HC change, same offensive personnel, no prima donnas making headlines.

They couldn't even do a Super Bowl extra week team rupture correctly. Remember team picture gate?

Exactly.

gbgary
08-11-2015, 06:35 PM
funny...i tweeted at nflnetwork about this last night. seems like every time i check in it's cowboys time.

Joemailman
08-11-2015, 07:40 PM

Maybe if someone were to punch out Rodgers...

Rutnstrut
08-12-2015, 08:59 AM
funny...i tweeted at nflnetwork about this last night. seems like every time i check in it's cowboys time.

Yup, last night was suppose to be a lot of Packer time. But it was mostly Cowboys, Brady, and Jets/Geno Glassjaw.

mraynrand
08-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Maybe if someone were to punch out Rodgers...

Like someone in Favre's extended family. Maybe Jeff Gillooly...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxal9shzSX1r4qlp5o1_500.jpg

Oh, The HUMANITY!!!!

MadScientist
08-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Yup, last night was suppose to be a lot of Packer time. But it was mostly Cowboys, Brady, and Jets/Geno Glassjaw.

Well they mentioned the Packers - saying that they were carrying the game on Thursday. Other than that, nothing. For some reason they think a starting QB getting decked by a backup LB was more news worthy than if the Packers #1 pick will be a staring CB or a slot CB, and the gripping battle for the #5 WR.

MadtownPacker
08-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Like someone in Favre's extended family. Maybe Jeff Gillooly...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxal9shzSX1r4qlp5o1_500.jpg

Oh, The HUMANITY!!!!
That's how I picture you, crying always.

Why would Favre's family want to punch Rodgers?? Get over it princess, or sign up for a "reality" show where such dramatics get big ratings.

Carolina_Packer
08-14-2015, 06:30 AM
Controversy, not consistency=ratings.

Except for the Favre exit in Green Bay, which spiked coverage of the Packers in summer of 2008, the Packers are usually just a model of consistency, and won't provide the Johnny Manziel, Sheldon Richardson type headlines. That's a good thing. I care way more about what the local press/media says in coverage of the team anyway because they are the ones "entrenched".

Pugger
08-14-2015, 07:16 AM
I didn't see any of the pregame stuff last night on the NFLN (our cable and internet were down for a couple of hours causing us to miss most of the first quarter) but after the game if you didn't see the final score or notice our uniform you wouldn't know who NE played.

mraynrand
08-14-2015, 07:21 AM
That's how I picture you, crying always.

Why would Favre's family want to punch Rodgers?? Get over it princess, or sign up for a "reality" show where such dramatics get big ratings.

And this is how I picture you always: banal, inconsequential, with no sense of humor

Maxie the Taxi
08-14-2015, 08:25 AM
I didn't see any of the pregame stuff last night on the NFLN (our cable and internet were down for a couple of hours causing us to miss most of the first quarter) but after the game if you didn't see the final score or notice our uniform you wouldn't know who NE played.

Ditto. And what was the switch to the San Diego/Dallas game all about? Ratings? The NFL is greater than any particular market or franchise. They do that in the regular season and they'd be crucified.

Preseason games are a farce, and the NFL confirmed that last night.

mraynrand
08-14-2015, 11:14 AM

They turned it into a farce, by switching away. The NFL network broadcasts all preseason games because there is a market for people who want to watch the fourth stringers play into the fourth quarter. They basically said we're gonna show Romo live to the country because it's better ratings, instead of putting the start time on delay, as they've consistently done for all preseason games up until then. It was highly annoying, specifically because they bent the rules so that out of market Cowboy fans didn't have to wait to watch their team play, like everyone else. I cheered extra loud when Romo botched a snap.

MadtownPacker
08-14-2015, 08:02 PM
And this is how I picture you always: banal, inconsequential, with no sense of humor
You really don't think the reality show part was a good effort?

mraynrand
08-14-2015, 10:01 PM
You really don't think the reality show part was a good effort?

I think we could be a good duo in a sitcom, arguing across a fence or something, maybe about your dog shitting my lawn, and you cautioning me to keep my my son away from your daughter because you can't afford another unexpected grandson.

LEWCWA
08-14-2015, 10:37 PM
They turned it into a farce, by switching away. The NFL network broadcasts all preseason games because there is a market for people who want to watch the fourth stringers play into the fourth quarter. They basically said we're gonna show Romo live to the country because it's better ratings, instead of putting the start time on delay, as they've consistently done for all preseason games up until then. It was highly annoying, specifically because they bent the rules so that out of market Cowboy fans didn't have to wait to watch their team play, like everyone else. I cheered extra loud when Romo botched a snap.

Romo didn't play last night....that was BW the back up

mraynrand
08-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Romo didn't play last night....that was BW the back up

I guess I was too pissed to be paying close attention. I did enjoy the fumble though.

Pugger
08-15-2015, 08:09 AM
Ditto. And what was the switch to the San Diego/Dallas game all about? Ratings? The NFL is greater than any particular market or franchise. They do that in the regular season and they'd be crucified.

Somebody ought to inform the NFL the 13 time NFL Champion Green Bay Packers are the biggest road draw and has just as big a national following as those hated Cowgirls. I hope they got a lot of angry letters, tweets and calls Thursday night.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25259393/packers-are-nfls-biggest-road-draw-followed-by-steelers-pats-cowboys