PDA

View Full Version : This sucks for the Bears

Patler
08-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Kevin White to have surgery, may miss entire season.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/bears-wide-receiver-kevin-white-to-have-surgery-on-shin/

Joemailman
08-15-2015, 08:18 PM
With Brandon Marshall gone, Bears now have to be praying that Alshon Jeffery stays healthy. Of course, they have a QB who makes almost as much as Rodgers, so I'm sure they'll be fine. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif

red
08-15-2015, 09:18 PM
LOL

poor bears

pbmax
08-15-2015, 10:02 PM
John Fox and Vic Fangio's new defense has been taking a drubbing too. Going to take some time to adjust I think.

Did they go 3-4, hybrid or stay 4-3? Pretty sure I read Shea McClellin was moving around though.

pbmax
08-15-2015, 11:12 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bowen-bears-spt-0816-20150815-column.html

Matt Bowen on Fangio and the Bears D. Will come back to this.

smuggler
08-16-2015, 02:13 AM
The Vegas over/under on wins for them is 7.5

Take the under.

pbmax
08-16-2015, 08:06 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bowen-bears-spt-0816-20150815-column.html

Matt Bowen on Fangio and the Bears D. Will come back to this.

Allen and McClellin in new spots. Its a 3-4, I now remember reading that Allen would be on the move earlier this year.

Carolina_Packer
08-16-2015, 08:13 AM
John Fox and Vic Fangio's new defense has been taking a drubbing too. Going to take some time and new players to adjust I think.

FIFY

denverYooper
08-16-2015, 08:18 AM
The Bears D doesn't have the same talent that San Fran's did. That SF D was absolutely loaded in the front 7.

Patler
08-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Friday, I listened to an interview with Bowen on 670. He was really critical of the roster. Said McClellan showed nothing to make it look like he can play inside or anywhere else on the defense, and Jared Allen doesn't look like he can transition to LB He said no one in the D backfield looks willing to step up to tackle Eddie Lacy, or capable of covering Nelson or Cobb. Then he and the show host talked about the Packers having two or three Nelsons, because no one WR can show up so many places doing so many things. Concluded by saying it looks likely that the Bears D coaches will soon conclude, if they haven't already, that this year will be a lost year as far as rebuilding, because there isn't much to work with.

vince
08-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Concluded by saying it looks likely that the Bears D coaches will soon conclude, if they haven't already, that this year will be a lost year as far as rebuilding, because there isn't much to work with.
So White being out is a good thing for them since it likely improves their draft slot next year. Draft is in Chicago again next year so perhaps they'll be battling for the top pick.
Anyone know if they can afford to dump Cutler after this year? What a load that guy is on the franchise.

smuggler
08-16-2015, 10:12 AM
I feel like the answer to that question is yes.

vince
08-16-2015, 10:40 AM
According to Spotrac (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jay-cutler/), Cutler goes from $29,500,000 dead cap hit this year down to $13,000,000 if he gets cut next year - $11 mil after June 1. Huge difference obviously but $13 mil hit to cut a guy is nothing to sneeze at.

Joemailman
08-16-2015, 10:49 AM
What a colossal mistake that was to give Cutler that contract extension. They could have let him go and drafted Bridgewater or Derek Carr on the 1st round. They would have their QB of the future and they'd be paying one of those guys about 15 million less than they're paying Cutler. And that's why they're the Bears. :glug:

Cheesehead Craig
08-17-2015, 08:23 AM
The Vegas over/under on wins for them is 7.5

Take the under.

They will be lucky to win 4 games. I think they are serious candidates for worst record this year.

Guiness
08-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Washington *clears throat*

And Winston's not lighting it up in Tampa. I don't know that they're any better than they were last year.

MadScientist
08-17-2015, 03:49 PM
They will be lucky to win 4 games. I think they are serious candidates for worst record this year.

Washington *clears throat*

And Winston's not lighting it up in Tampa. I don't know that they're any better than they were last year.

Washington, Tampa, SF, and others will be in the mix for the #1 draft pick, but with the Bears dubious offense and a defense that could be worse than last year's mess, they may well be contenders for the worst record in the NFL.

Joemailman
08-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Washington, Tampa, SF, and others will be in the mix for the #1 draft pick, but with the Bears dubious offense and a defense that could be worse than last year's mess, they may well be contenders for the worst record in the NFL.

I doubt that the defense will be worse. While they don't have the personnel they really need to execute that defense, they've replaced one of the worst DC's with one of the best. They're the worst team in the division, but probably not truly horrible.

smuggler
08-18-2015, 01:50 AM
It's still bottom of the barrel, but maybe not quite the laughing stock as in the last few seasons? I think their roster is just very weak and their draft this season was the worst in the division, the way I see it.

MadScientist
08-18-2015, 11:34 AM
I doubt that the defense will be worse. While they don't have the personnel they really need to execute that defense, they've replaced one of the worst DC's with one of the best. They're the worst team in the division, but probably not truly horrible.

I guess they will be a good coach vs player experiment. The talent there is mostly lacking, and one of their best players (Allen) will be out of position. That plus a players learning the 3-4 is a recipe for a very bad defense. It is possible that the coach last year made the team play much worse than their talent level, considering they managed to give up back to back 50 games.