PDA

View Full Version : RB Solution

Packnut
09-01-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't think anyone can argue that after Green, we have nothing special at RB. Gado is living off of last season and has shown nothing in camp. Why Herron is still in a Packers uniform is beyond my capacity for reason. Davenport can't stay healthy and Beach is a project. So what's the answer?

B.J. Pope. I watched him at BG and have seen him often this pre-season and this guy is for real. He had a nice run for 6 last night. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and blocks better than what we have now. The Bears are gonna try and get him to their practice squad so we can pick him up on the waiver wire.

I believe a huge part of being a quality GM is to find diamond's in the rough like Pope. The key is to identify the stronger teams and look for the positions they are stacked at. The Bears have 3 RB's so Pope is expendable. Trust me, this guy can be a #1 back in the future.

Tony Oday
09-01-2006, 01:38 PM
I don't think anyone can argue that after Green, we have nothing special at RB. Gado is living off of last season and has shown nothing in camp. Why Herron is still in a Packers uniform is beyond my capacity for reason. Davenport can't stay healthy and Beach is a project. So what's the answer?

B.J. Pope. I watched him at BG and have seen him often this pre-season and this guy is for real. He had a nice run for 6 last night. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and blocks better than what we have now. The Bears are gonna try and get him to their practice squad so we can pick him up on the waiver wire.

I believe a huge part of being a quality GM is to find diamond's in the rough like Pope. The key is to identify the stronger teams and look for the positions they are stacked at. The Bears have 3 RB's so Pope is expendable. Trust me, this guy can be a #1 back in the future.

If you are advocating for a RB try thompson on the Cowboys...

Packnut
09-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I think he's set as their 3rd string back. I'd be surprised if they don't keep him.