PDA

View Full Version : Eli wants to get PAID

Cheesehead Craig
08-19-2015, 08:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13461312/eli-manning-wants-become-nfl-highest-paid-player-next-contract-report

Oh pleasepleaseplease NY, waste a ton of cap $ on this hump and sign him to a ridiculous deal and sink your stupid franchise.

smuggler
08-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Good. Every time a marginal/good player on some other team gets paid like they're elite it's good for Green Bay.

Patler
08-19-2015, 11:16 AM
He has won twice as many Super Bowls as Rodgers, I think he should be paid twice as much as Rodgers!

pbmax
08-19-2015, 11:29 AM
He is going to get a big number, even if they fudge on highest paid. He has only one season left, has a HUGE franchise tag number next year and they have no alternative.

The only thing the Giants have on their side is that he might be able to make them pay more than anyone else. If they are careful, they may be able to top the list of offers by only a small amount. A reverse Yankee negotiating strategy.

Pugger
08-19-2015, 12:34 PM
I hope they give him a king's ransom so that cripples their salary cap for years.

Eli might have 2 rings but QBs like Dilfer have a ring too.

K-town
08-19-2015, 01:38 PM
He was one David Tyree catch and one Mario Manningham (?) catch away from being a two-time LOSING Super Bowl QB. IMO.

pbmax
08-19-2015, 01:51 PM
He was one David Tyree catch and one Mario Manningham (?) catch away from being a two-time LOSING Super Bowl QB. IMO.

Everyone who prevented 6 New England Super Bowls deserves a bonus.

run pMc
08-19-2015, 08:57 PM
Eli is streaky and reminds me of a slightly better Matthew Stafford. Is his contract almost up? I don't think the Giants have anyone in the pipeline, but I don't know that he has that much leverage. He hasn't been elite lately.
Maybe TT can trade them Hundley in a year or two. ;)

Tony Oday
08-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Eli came out and said he never said this nor did his agent.

pbmax
08-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Eli came out and said he never said this nor did his agent.

Yeah but they are all dissembling by half. For Eli to get a market contract on an extension, his APY will likely be above the record for the new money at least. The team is leaking it to make him look bad. But Eli can only credibly claim he isn't asking for record money if he tells us how much he is looking for for the average of all the years of his deal.

Bretsky
08-21-2015, 05:34 PM
On paper it would not surprise me if he gets the richest contract..something to brag about.....soon Lueck will get the richest contract as well