PDA

View Full Version : "CHRIS BORLAND........THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN FOOTBALL"..........GREAT READ

Bretsky
08-21-2015, 11:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13463272/how-former-san-francisco-49ers-chris-borland-retirement-change-nfl-forever

Bretsky
08-21-2015, 11:23 PM
SOME COMPLETELY STUNNING SHIT IN HERE................wow................

Patler
08-22-2015, 06:11 AM
"Stunning"? What in the article hasn't been told by others before?

Bretsky
08-22-2015, 07:31 AM
The portion about the Badger LB taking measures to covering up hi injured knee for one

The part about a veteran telling him to always have a fall guy

Patler
08-22-2015, 09:54 AM
The portion about the Badger LB taking measures to covering up hi injured knee for one

The part about a veteran telling him to always have a fall guy

Maybe it was new about the specific linebacker at WI, but players have been concealing injuries of all types for as long as I have followed football. Many former players have talked about playing with serious injuries and trying to conceal it as best they could. The overall impression I have always had is that many coaches didn't care, they wanted players to play if they could. It was the medical staff they had to snow (and even some of those may not have cared). Now, some admit to pre-planning to conceal concussions. Even with the current publicity about concussions, many players have said "others" purposefully performed less than their best on baseline tests, to increase the possibility of passing post-concussion tests. A few years back, the league even had to encourage players to rat out team mates who might have concussions.

As for players having fall guys, see the allegations about the Ray Lewis situation. I suspect it is common for many famous people with entourages, including athletes of all typs, rock stars, etc. I seem to remember a former agent talking about that. Openly discussing it at the rookie orientation might be new.

pbmax
08-22-2015, 10:16 AM
I think the fact that Mike Taylor was playing with that knee was interesting. I'd like to know the odds that the surgery is a success after taking you newly refreshed meniscus out for a game one week after the procedure.

Borland trying to sleep with a concussion is also pretty troubling and describes the conundrum of playing at a high level. The only people who should be trusted are the ones the player is least likely to seek out. And as Patler says, sometimes even those medical staff had divided loyalties.

Makes the Packers approach all the more surprising. I am actually stunned it doesn't get more coverage. I wonder if that is not an accident.

Bretsky
08-22-2015, 03:36 PM
I think the fact that Mike Taylor was playing with that knee was interesting. I'd like to know the odds that the surgery is a success after taking you newly refreshed meniscus out for a game one week after the procedure.

Borland trying to sleep with a concussion is also pretty troubling and describes the conundrum of playing at a high level. The only people who should be trusted are the ones the player is least likely to seek out. And as Patler says, sometimes even those medical staff had divided loyalties.

Makes the Packers approach all the more surprising. I am actually stunned it doesn't get more coverage. I wonder if that is not an accident.

Maybe I'm ignorant to the real world in regards to football
But when I was reading about the Taylor info I found myself shocked and a bit angry

I didn't even know about the story until I heard about Lucas and Dawson chatting about it on ESPN out of Madison

They know the players. Both found Chris Borland to be the most enjoyable player they ever covered and will vouch for is integrity.

As they were reading the story, both found themselves feeling a rash of emotions that included a lot of sadness and anger.

It makes the sport sound like a meat market

red
08-22-2015, 06:53 PM
yeah, that bit about the falls guys is amazing, but not that surprising

Bossman641
08-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Only part I found stunning was the openness about having a fall guy. The rest wasn't real surprising.

pbmax
08-23-2015, 12:36 AM
What's that joke? If you don't know who the fall guy is, its you? :)

RashanGary
08-23-2015, 01:55 AM
What kind of fall guy? I read for a while, but that's too much

pbmax
08-23-2015, 08:28 AM
What kind of fall guy? I read for a while, but that's too much

A buddy who is dependent on you for a lifestyle, or maybe even a paycheck. Owes you more than an honest days work.

You crash a car? The fall guy was driving.

Punch a women in a bar? Fall guy threw that punch after the girl insulted his friend.

Weed in the house or gym bag? Fall guy was there.

Patler
08-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Anyone remember who the Packer was who tried to blame a parking lot mishap on his fall guy, but was caught? Was that Freeman?
As I recall, they were horsing around and slammed into a light pole, or something.

pbmax
08-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Anyone remember who the Packer was who tried to blame a parking lot mishap on his fall guy, but was caught? Was that Freeman?
As I recall, they were horsing around and slammed into a light pole, or something.

Free and Charles Jordan. Contradictory statements about who was in which car and who was driving when accident happened.

Patler
08-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Free and Charles Jordan. Contradictory statements about who was in which car and who was driving when accident happened.

That's right! The fall guy was a team mate!

"When we got to the scene (Wednesday) night, Charles Jordan said he was driving," sheriff's Lt. Mike Lauder said.

But Semb said the department later received a call from a witness who said Freeman had been in the car and Freeman later admitted to authorities that he had been driving it.

pbmax
08-23-2015, 01:38 PM
That's right! The fall guy was a team mate!

:lol:

Even funnier, there was a time that friends and I thought it was Jordan who was a bad influence on Freeman.

pbmax
08-23-2015, 02:35 PM
BroBibleVerified account
‏@BroBible
Cris Carter Advised NFL Rookies To Get A 'Fall Guy' To Cover Up Their Crimes (Video) --http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/cris-carter-nfl-rookies-fall-guy/ …

red
08-23-2015, 03:54 PM
and the other guy?????

none other then warren sapp

nfl sure knows how to pick em

Fritz
08-23-2015, 04:27 PM
A buddy who is dependent on you for a lifestyle, or maybe even a paycheck. Owes you more than an honest days work.

You crash a car? The fall guy was driving.

Punch a women in a bar? Fall guy threw that punch after the girl insulted his friend.

Weed in the house or gym bag? Fall guy was there.

Wife says your bedroom performance was weak?

Fall guy did it.

pbmax
08-23-2015, 04:33 PM
Wife says your bedroom performance was weak?

Fall guy did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj9ev40C30M

pbmax
08-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Video is here: 17:00 in.

http://deadspin.com/watch-cris-carter-tell-nfl-rookies-to-get-a-fall-guy-1726009743

Patler
08-23-2015, 05:16 PM
The video is only 5:44 long, but the last couple minutes are priceless. Sapp talks about his positive drug test at the combine being the one thing he would change. Said he saw the light, how one bad decision can change your life. He said it has followed him his entire life. One bad decision........ It was only 6 months later that he made another of those bad decisions that changed his life, again.

pbmax
08-23-2015, 06:40 PM
Deadspin must have edited it. Original link said it was 17 minutes in. Glad its still up, NFL deleted it from their site.

pbmax
08-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Who approves this content? Seems like Roger isn't in control of all things football related at times, League pulls fall guy video.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/nfl-com-pulls-cris-carter-fall-guy-video/

ESPN isn't clear either. ESPN reported on the remarks at the Rookie Symposium, only discovering later that they employed the guy who made them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/espn-we-completely-disagree-with-cris-carters-comments/

Over on the Public Relations Crown Watch, the Patriots and Kraft the Younger are trying to stab Roger with a knife while praising Caesar. Roger's authority might not make it past next Ides of March.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/jonathan-kraft-suggests-a-rethinking-of-the-nfls-power-over-player-discipline/

pbmax
08-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst 13m13 minutes ago
Best call so far today...Fidel in Georgia on Cris Carter..."It's like Chappelle's When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong."