PDA

View Full Version : Cornerback Status Update

pbmax
08-22-2015, 11:00 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/08/21/packers-rookie-cornerbacks-rollins-randall-gunter-push-playing-time/32156993/

All are up and practicing, and unless Burnett's personal reasons have extended into the weekend, should be playing this weekend. Focus in this article are the rooks.

Rollins, despite limited history with football in college, has progressed from being asked to study nickel slot to outside CB to dime CB.

red
08-22-2015, 12:03 PM
rollins is gonna be special

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2015, 02:28 PM
I hope the coaches take a chance and let Rollins take the starting job right from start. He'll be an asset for playoffs if it works out. Hayward is probably better as 3rd CB anyway.

Worked with Craig Newsome.

vince
08-22-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what Randall can do too. He too is super agile and a tick faster than Rollins. Not as physical but he may be a better boundary cover-man.

Ultimately, I like Rollins inside where can can use his physicality, great instincts and vision to be around the ball a lot more and generally be more disruptive - whether that's undercutting short routes, blitzing, breaking on hot reads off pressure, busting up screens, making tackles for loss, etc.

There's only one Woodson (HOF Class of 2021), but like you say Red, that guy has the tools to make a lot of good things happen, as long as they play to his strengths. Running 50 yards down the sideline with speed demons is not only not his strength, but that also takes what he is really good at right out of the play.