PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Speaks

packinpatland
09-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Can someone post the article from PackerReport.com., Sidney Speaks?
I'd like to read what he has to say about Brett 'pouting'(?)
Thanks

Brandon494
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
pay for it cheap ass! :mrgreen:

Fritz
09-01-2006, 03:10 PM
For me anyway a former assistant coach's "expert" observations don't count for a whole lot. I'll just skip the whole thing. Knowing what Harry Sydney thinks of what Brett Favre said is about the equivalent of buying People magazine.

packinpatland
09-01-2006, 03:36 PM

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I won't make this mistake again!
Thought we were all friends here.

ZachMN
09-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Here it is:

The Green Bay Packers have had three pre-season games - one looked good and two stunk, all for different reasons. I don't think the Packers game-planned for the Chargers and got caught off guard. Against the Falcons they looked better, but then again the Falcons played as vanilla as possible. They didn't blitz, so there were always five offensive linemen blocking four defensive linemen which means better pass protection so the offense looked better. Then we have that joke that happened last Monday night. So what's the back lash of all this?????

Brett Favre looks and acts like he has lost all his will to compete. I know it's been only three games and the real season hasn't started yet, but if you pay close attention you can see different things that make you wonder if he really wants to do this anymore. I say this because of different reasons. Oftentimes they tell you to look into peoples’ eyes to see if they still have that fire burning. In my opinion, if you look into Brett's eyes all you see is a blank stare.

Then you hear that from now on he will not do a weekly press conference because he is tired of the same old questions. He doesn't know if he will talk to the media after games anymore. Are you kidding me? Every other quarterback faces the music. Guys like Donavan McNabb, Peyton Manning, even his old understudy Matt Hasselbeck doesn't run and hide from the media, but then again Brett gets away with it. This has been his history over the last few years.

What bothers me the most is what did he think was going to happen the first time he made a fumble, looking like one of THE KEY STONE COPS as the ball slipped out of his hand, or after he threw the interception when he threw a fastball too late over the middle trying to hit Donald Driver on a third and long, a cardinal sin for every quarterback that has played the game. When he decided to come back and quarterback this 4-12 team I just wonder what were his expectations?

As I look at the way he now has decided to conduct himself does he have any regrets about playing this game anymore? I wonder does he now wish he had never said this team is the most talented team he has ever played on because there is an old saying be careful what you wish for.

There is no reason to be getting thin-skinned now by him coming back to the Green Bay Packers after a long off-season of ‘Do I retire or do I play?’ He decided to play, so he needs to quit all the sad faces and having the look in the eyes of someone that lost their best friend. And I don't want to hear "Oh he can't do it alone" because these are the same guys on the team that he annointed to be the best he has ever worked with before they ever played one down in preseason. He knew what he was coming back to, so now he is here and he needs to act like a leader. Great quarterbacks make the players around him better, so it should stop being about him and more about them.

Am I saying Brett Favre isn't a great quarterback? No, because he will go down as one of the best that ever has played the game, but he hasn't done anything in the last five years except lead this team to the playoffs just to get destroyed by, as Mike McCarthy has said, "Self-inflicted Wounds."

As the pre-season comes to an end and this team prepares to face the Titans, it needs a shot in the arm, and not for this game because who cares about the last preseason game. As the Packers prepare to face the Chicago Bears, they need their leader to act like he wants to be part of this team. Trust me, the players feed off of him. They get energy from him, and it can't be when things are going good, but so much more it has to happen when things are going bad.

I'm just not sure that Brett Favre is really ready to face this season, either on the field or off. He must understand that this is a ‘what have you done for me lately league’ and that everything changes regardless off how good you were. It's about how good you are and what anyone consistently brings to the table every game.

Brett needs to stop getting mad at a reporter for asking him a question that he knew was coming and step up to the plate and take the heat like everyone else. As I see it, if anyone loves this game, play it like you love it, or walk away. Either way, DON'T LOOK SO SAD NOW!!!!!!!!!

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Zach.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 10:09 AM
:roll: Reinforces my opinion of HS. Fair weather reporter. Brett was great a couple weeks ago while Sydney was also saying how great the team was gonna be after he spent the offseason saying how they (and Brett) sucked. Now he's whining that he doesn't get media access. I wonder why. Of course Brett knew the question was going be asked because it's been asked 5 times in the last 5 weeks. Are they expecting a different answer this time? Sheesh.

prsnfoto
09-02-2006, 11:03 AM
I wonder if Harry would be so happy to answer questions every week if the question was over and over again "Harry how does it feel to know you are a fucking loser who the team feels can't even be trusted to carry Favres jock strap" "Harry how does it feel to be the 657th greatest runningback of all-time" Harry how does it feel to know that I made your wife moan with pleasure because i lasted more than 2 minutes" What a dickhead :evil:

mmmdk
09-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey Sydney, what's with the CAPS LOCK thing - you mad?

packinpatland
09-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey ZachMN,

Thanks!

digitaldean
09-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't agree with HS. Yes, he played hard and won championships with the Niners.

But that doesn't mean his opinion carries more or less weight. Yes, Favre cut media access. But if the media keeps asking the same questions 10 times each week, he'll end up being like Steve Carlton from the Phillies and not talk to anyone. Or he could be like Sterling Sharpe who talked to anybody - even the hick weekly paper I worked at Kaukauna, WI. But after being lambasted his rookie season he didn't talk to anybody.

The media never ever seems to hold themselves accountable for anything. They can say anything, ask anything and never should be told that they're out of line.

Should they ask the tough questions of Favre, sure. But should you ask the same question ad nauseum? Puhleeeze!

I'm no Favre apologist...the fumble in Cincy was his fault, period. He needs to handle the ball better no matter what.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 07:05 PM
The media never ever seems to hold themselves accountable for anything. They can say anything, ask anything and never should be told that they're out of line.

That's two players in the last 5 days that have told reporters that they're asking STUPID (ok, Carroll said DUMB) questions. Carroll laughed right in the reporters face. Does anyone think it's possible that they're asking stupid questions? :roll:

BlueBrewer
09-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Can someone post the article from PackerReport.com., Sidney Speaks?
I'd like to read what he has to say about Brett 'pouting'(?)
Thanks

Fuck You newby, I am sick of higher than though asses like you.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 07:27 PM
I can only guess you clicked the wrong button???

BlueBrewer
09-02-2006, 07:28 PM

Sorry packinpatland, I meant it to this guy.

Kiwon
09-02-2006, 07:40 PM
I might pay for the Packer Report (like I did years ago) if it weren't for such experts as Harry Sydney. What a ray of sunshine he is.

gbgary
09-02-2006, 09:16 PM
is this the same harry sydney that played for the Pack several years back?

digitaldean
09-02-2006, 09:17 PM
is this the same harry sydney that played for the Pack several years back?

Yes, the very same.

packinpatland
09-03-2006, 03:12 PM

Sorry packinpatland, I meant it to this guy.

Apology accepted. I've got to stop eating and reading posts at the same time, just about choaked when I read the 1st post you sent!

Thanks for saying what I was thinking!

Fritz
09-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought Harry Sydney was an assistant running backs coach or something.

What kind of kills me though is that we - me included - diss dudes like that, making commentary from the sidelines, but then Brett Favre reveals he made his decision by...listening to media commentary from Phil Simms.

Whoa. Weird.

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 08:52 AM
I hardly think you can compare Harry Sydney with Phil Simms. I mean didn't Phil Simms have an actual career? Dude was a really good quarterback who has been through exactly what Brett was going through and came out the other side, so I'm sure his advice had a tad more validity than most other people's.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 09:11 AM
I thought Harry Sydney was an assistant running backs coach or something.

What kind of kills me though is that we - me included - diss dudes like that, making commentary from the sidelines, but then Brett Favre reveals he made his decision by...listening to media commentary from Phil Simms.

Whoa. Weird.

That is wierd. Brett needs to be taking his cues from PackerRats.

Terry
09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Harry how does it feel to know that I made your wife moan with pleasure because i lasted more than 2 minutes

It's supposed to last more than two minutes??? {{gulp}}

Fuck You newby, I am sick of higher than though asses like you.

Can someone tell me what the hell a "though ass" is???

I hardly think you can compare Harry Sydney with Phil Simms. I mean didn't Phil Simms have an actual career? Dude was a really good quarterback who has been through exactly what Brett was going through and came out the other side, so I'm sure his advice had a tad more validity than most other people's.

Actually, besides that, I don't think he followed anyone's advice at all. I think what Simms said reminded Brett of something very important to his own decision. One wrestles with a problem for too long, they can lose perspective and forget the simplest yet most important factors. My impression is simply that Simms' comment had the effect of a dose of fresh water in his face, helped him shake off the cobwebs.