PDA

View Full Version : Woodson and Harris sitting out today's game

Astonishment
09-01-2006, 02:47 PM
620 WTMJ just reported this...

I am really suprised that the Packers are sitting Woodson after his last game. I understand not playing them much but I would think they would put him out there for at least 1 series.

gbpackfan
09-01-2006, 02:58 PM
BAD MOVE! He should play the first quarter. MM making rookie mistakes.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I don't know why it would be a bad move. He's not a rookie that needs the experience. He had a bad game. He complained about being fatigued afterward. Seems like a good move to get on the player's good side with a game just four days after the last one.

gbpackfan
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
I would just have liked to see him get that bad taste out of his "mouth." That's all.

Bretsky
09-01-2006, 03:31 PM
This move is just fine; it doesn't matter whether they play a quarter or not at all. These guys are vets. Don't risk the injury

Scott Campbell
09-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I guess he made the team then. Not that he really earned it.

RIPackerFan
09-01-2006, 06:49 PM
I am not going to worry too much about Woodson - if I am not mistaken, Harris had a terrible game against SD, but then shut-down CJ.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt - until after the Bears game.

FavreChild
09-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes - when we can't even find someone to field a punt cleanly, a veteran CB is not even in the top 10 list of worries.

Willard
09-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes - when we can't even find someone to field a punt cleanly, a veteran CB is not even in the top 10 list of worries.

We can always use Jennings who had a nice return in an earlier game, but after losing our rookie WR last year to a career ending injury on a return I am sure MM is a bit leery. We may need to risk it though, at least until week 7 when we can get Blackmon of the PUP list to handle returns.

FavreChild
09-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Agreed. At this juncture, I don't think we have anything to lose...

As far as what happened last year, you'd think TT would be the one who is possibly a little skittish. But considering he probably controls M3 anyway....nah, I'll just stop there.

FritzDontBlitz
09-01-2006, 07:17 PM
jennings will be the #1 punt returner to start the season, until brewster is ready to take over.

brewster muffed one punt but he looked much more comfortable back there than rodgers did.