PDA

View Full Version : Preseason injury update thread

Guiness
08-30-2015, 11:34 AM
Anyone have updated data on the three vets that got hurt and didn't come back during the Eagles game?

Initial reports were that Cobb, Bulaga and Hyde's injuries were not severe, but I haven't seen anything since then.

I found a little about Cobb, he thought it was his collarbone, but it ended up being ok, but not sure if he'll be back for Week 1
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/30/randall-cobb-thought-he-broke-his-collarbone-saturday-night/

mraynrand
08-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Cobb has a shoulder, Hyde has a neck.

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Cobb has a shoulder, Hyde has a neck.

Packers have a defense.

Joemailman
08-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Packers have a defense.

Is it as bad as Jordy's knee?

Patler
08-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Cobb has a shoulder, Hyde has a neck.Packers have a defense.

I saw evidence that Cobb has a shoulder and that Hyde has a neck. I did not see evidence that the Packers have a defense. I guess we will have to wait for MM's next conference to see if he reports it.

pbmax
08-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 57m57 minutes ago
After his MRI, #Packers WR Randall Cobb has an AC joint sprain, source said. It’s minor. No word on Week 1, but could have been much worse

Grade 1, if that is what this is, means he should be available Week 1.

Everyone can take the hose off the exhaust.

pbmax
08-30-2015, 04:45 PM
ESPN is a beautiful machine. They are reacting to Ian Rapoports' report that Cobb has a mild AC sprain by link to Demovsky's writeup from last night which relied on the post-game interview's with Cobb and M3. M3 said he didn't think it was as bad as Jordy's. Cobb said it wasn't what he feared initially, a broken clavicle.

No mention of MRI or minor until the confirm or top the report.

red
08-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Packers have a defense.

are you sure about that?

pbmax
08-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 7h7 hours ago
After tests, #Packers optimistic Randall Cobb's shoulder injury will be OK for Week 1 http://es.pn/1hq3kkO

Pugger
08-31-2015, 06:52 AM
Thank god.

Any word on Bulaga or Hyde?

SkinBasket
08-31-2015, 07:14 AM
Looked like we would be better off if Hyde's injury is fatal.

pbmax
08-31-2015, 09:17 AM
Looked like we would be better off if Hyde's injury is fatal.

Against that offense, you don't want plodders in the game. Take Barrington and Hyde out. put in Randall/Rollins and the fastest ILB they have. Heck, play Richardson at ILB to cover Sproles.

Actually, I bet Rollins could do it. He seems pretty hard nosed, he could help if they run it when they see him inside.

SkinBasket
08-31-2015, 10:30 AM
You have to hand it to Chip, though. He did something McCarthy never does - find the weakness(es) and exploit the living shit out of it. Mike fancies himself too much a gentleman sportsman, I guess. Or he used to when he did something other than look disappointed on the sideline.

Fritz
08-31-2015, 01:50 PM
You mean like in the New England game last year?

SkinBasket
09-01-2015, 01:16 PM
You mean like in the New England game last year?

I can't remember what happened in that game other than we won and Bradey was running around like an ill tempered 7 year old. I've never had a good memory for specifics.

mraynrand
09-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Against that offense, you don't want plodders in the game. Take Barrington and Hyde out. put in Randall/Rollins and the fastest ILB they have. Heck, play Richardson at ILB to cover Sproles.

Actually, I bet Rollins could do it. He seems pretty hard nosed, he could help if they run it when they see him inside.

I agree about Rollins, and about the way to stop that speed passing game.

I also can't help but believe that the Packers, viewing it from the whole team perspective, just love it when the opposition runs the ball, even if they get gashed (5-8 yards) here and there. Limit big plays esp. in passing game and they figure they will eventually outscore you.

pbmax
09-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Injury update, Cobb said he doesn't plan on missing a game.

Back to Philly, I agree about the run. However, this might be the year that they don't outscore all but 3 teams in the League. A lot riding on Adams.

pbmax
09-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
Rasco and Pinkard with shoulder injuries tonight for #Packers

Patler
09-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
Rasco and Pinkard with shoulder injuries tonight for #Packers

Off to IR they go!

pbmax
09-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Off to IR they go!

They are the bright ones.

Fritz
09-04-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm waiting to hear about season-ending injuries to Ed Williams and Kyri Thornton, too. And I see in my crystal ball that Bruce Gaston will suffer a mysterious yet season-ending injury after the first game.

pbmax
09-04-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm waiting to hear about season-ending injuries to Ed Williams and Kyri Thornton, too. And I see in my crystal ball that Bruce Gaston will suffer a mysterious yet season-ending injury after the first game.

One of the TEs is limping right now to the trainers room.

Guiness
09-04-2015, 01:11 PM

They might but how excited would they be that with Thornton? He spent last year on IR.

pbmax
09-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Hyde is not yet cleared to play, still hopes to be for Bears game. Might be cutdown factor.

mraynrand
09-04-2015, 02:00 PM
And I see in my crystal ball that Bruce Gaston will suffer a mysterious yet season-ending injury after the first game.

http://beautybeast.enchanted-rose.org/1bellebeast/vp/trivia_GastonFall1.jpg

Pugger
09-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Was there any word on Pinkard's shoulder?

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Was there any word on Pinkard's shoulder?

Mum's the word.

He's unfortunately, badly injured. Nothing to see here.