PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Cutdowns

pbmax
08-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
Not surprisingly no surprises among #Packers first cuts. Ebbele, Francis, Hooks, Kowalski, Dantzler. That gets them to 83. Eight more to go.

5 down, Packers at 83 now. 8 more to get to 75.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
Nelson to IR makes it seven moves. Blue, Sebetic have been hurt so that's potentially two more.

Unless I missed something, the second Tweet imagining Nelson on IR, is an expectation, not a confirmation.

Guiness
08-31-2015, 07:01 PM
Not a Packers cut, but noteworthy...Trent Richardson cut by the Raiders.

hoosier
08-31-2015, 08:09 PM
Hard to believe the Colts gave up a D1 for him two years ago. Note to self: backs who can't crack 3.5 ypc in their first year probably weren't worth drafting at all, let alone giving up a first rounder to take them on.

yetisnowman
08-31-2015, 09:42 PM
Not a Packers cut, but noteworthy...Trent Richardson cut by the Raiders.

Such an epic fall. Amazing how great he was in college, yet for some reason has terrible vision and can't read blocks at the NFL level.

call_me_ishmael
08-31-2015, 09:47 PM
Hard to believe the Colts gave up a D1 for him two years ago. Note to self: backs who can't crack 3.5 ypc in their first year probably weren't worth drafting at all, let alone giving up a first rounder to take them on.

I don't really understand what happened to him. I mean... it was pretty easy to see that he was better than Mark Ingram in college yet Ingram has had a much better career to this point.

Richardson was a beast. Easily better than Marshawn Lynch coming out. Same power and strength but faster and better acceleration. Gotta wonder what the heck happened.

This is a great thread on him. Definitely worth a read.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2zk0ys/who_were_they_comparing_trent_richardson_to/

Pugger
09-01-2015, 05:22 AM
I don't really understand what happened to him. I mean... it was pretty easy to see that he was better than Mark Ingram in college yet Ingram has had a much better career to this point.

Richardson was a beast. Easily better than Marshawn Lynch coming out. Same power and strength but faster and better acceleration. Gotta wonder what the heck happened.

This is a great thread on him. Definitely worth a read.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2zk0ys/who_were_they_comparing_trent_richardson_to/

Perhaps the pro game moves to fast for him so he has problems reading his blocks and hitting the hole? :confused:

Fritz
09-01-2015, 05:47 AM
Oftentimes it's not the skills that don't translate but the attitude.

mraynrand
09-01-2015, 07:58 AM
I don't really understand what happened to him.

Cleveland happened to him.

pbmax
09-01-2015, 08:23 AM
I barely remember him as I try to avoid Nick Saban like I try to avoid Jim Harbaugh. Did he run at all like Ron Dayne?

run pMc
09-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I remember TR being considered better than McFadden and the closest thing to AP. He was supposed to be a hard worker, a real workshorse without any weaknesses...I think what happened is he got paid and surprised people in that he also got lazy.

Bossman641
09-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Released on Tuesday -- QB Matt Blanchard, WR James Butler, LB Adrian Hubbard, CB Kyle Sebetic, TE Harold Spears. Waived/injured – WR Javess Blue, WR Jimmie Hunt. Placed on injured reserve -- WR Jordy Nelson. Released on Monday -- LB Tavarus Dantzler, T Fabbians Ebbele, LB Josh Francis, DT Lavon Hooks, T Vince Kowalski.

Hubbard was certainly a physical specimen but I guess he could never put it together.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/22786/packers-cut-matt-blanchard-should-keep-three-qbs

red
09-02-2015, 07:26 PM
looks like boykins is gonna return to GB

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2015, 09:32 PM
looks like boykins is gonna return to GB

Where have you seen this? I haven't read anybody reputable who is reporting this. One of the JSO writers speculated the Packers might bring back Boykin, Jones, or Jeremy Ross--but I haven't seen anything concrete. I'd be surprised if they brought him back.

Joemailman
09-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Where have you seen this? I haven't read anybody reputable who is reporting this. One of the JSO writers speculated the Packers might bring back Boykin, Jones, or Jeremy Ross--but I haven't seen anything concrete. I'd be surprised if they brought him back.

Yahoo Sports reported this morning that packers are expected to sign Boykin, but it's just based on something Silverstein supposedly said. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jarrett-boykin-expected-sign-packers-153039586.html

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Yahoo Sports reported this morning that packers are expected to sign Boykin, but it's just based on something Silverstein supposedly said. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jarrett-boykin-expected-sign-packers-153039586.html

I saw that, but it looks like somebody jumping the gun on Silverstein's report/speculation.

digitaldean
09-02-2015, 11:38 PM
I saw that, but it looks like somebody jumping the gun on Silverstein's report/speculation.

Let's see how the WR's perform Thursday night. If there is significant dropoff after Montgomery, Boykin might get the call.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Let's see how the WR's perform Thursday night. If there is significant dropoff after Montgomery, Boykin might get the call.

I saw a Drew Smith tweet that they might be interested in bringing him back if Cobb can't go in the opener. That would make more sense. Somebody with experience. Probably just for a game or three while Guion and Jones are suspeneded.

Fritz
09-03-2015, 05:40 AM

Once on Packerrats someone speculated that Drew Barrymore would date me if she became desperate and if I catfished her.

So this clearly means Drew Barrymore will date me. Or so it is being reported.

red
09-03-2015, 07:50 AM

yeah, thats the story i saw

the headline got me good

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2015, 05:23 PM
If Vujnovich outplays Barclay at tackle tonight, what do the Packers do at cutdown?

Vujnovich is strictly a tackle, maybe LT, but they have plenty of guard options.

Must be tempting to hold-on to potential. Practice squad is dicey.

mraynrand
09-03-2015, 05:30 PM
If Vujnovich outplays Barclay at tackle tonight, what do the Packers do at cutdown?

Vujnovich is strictly a tackle, maybe LT, but they have plenty of guard options.

Must be tempting to hold-on to potential. Practice squad is dicey.

Well I've been told that the D-linemen aren't playing so we can't draw conclusions from what we see. So have to go with what the coaches tell us. Still, if the D-linemen aren't trying, and Barclay is still whiffing, I think that's pretty good evidence ya gotta let him go. If I were in MM's shoes, I'd start Vujnovich at LT, tell him his whole career is on the line, that his legacy and his family's legacy, stability, and access to food for generations to come depends solely on his performance tonight and then see how he fares.

pbmax
09-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Vujnovich had one bad play and not much to shout about. Barclay got two stints at RT.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 09:12 AM
OK, I am throwing the cuts to 53 in this thread.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
First cut of the day is in...the #Packers have released DB Ryan White

pbmax
09-05-2015, 09:56 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!

Weston Hodkiewicz @WesHod
The #Packers have released safety Jean Fanor. He could be back on the practice squad.

Tackling just doesn't matter anymore, does it Ted?

pbmax
09-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Giants are cutting WR James Jones, source said. The #Packers have a need..

pbmax
09-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
The #Packers have released offensive lineman Matt Rotheram. Big kid, a strong possibility for practice squad

vince
09-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Demovsky Tweet
Was told #Packers planning to keep rookie TE Kennard Backman, barring a last-minute change. Not sure what that means for Perillo, Henry.

Guiness
09-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Rotheram - thought he had a puncher's chance. I would expect him on the PS if he isn't picked up elsewhere.

gbgary
09-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Giants are cutting WR James Jones, source said. The #Packers have a need..

i was a jones supporter when he was here but do we go there now...or later (if he doesn't go to another team) if the younger guys stumble?

pittstang5
09-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
The #Packers have released offensive lineman Matt Rotheram. Big kid, a strong possibility for practice squad

Numbers game, he'll be on the PS if someone doesn't put him on their 53 - which I can't see.

pittstang5
09-05-2015, 10:23 AM
i was a jones supporter when he was here but do we go there now...or later (if he doesn't go to another team) if the younger guys stumble?

IMO, you takle him now - you know what you're getting. If they keep 6 WRs, Cobb, Adams and Monty are locks. Janis Probably. Then you have Jones - makes 5. White and Abra-ca-dabra are left. one stays on the 53 one goes to the PS - my guess, Abra to the PS and White on the roster. AGAIN, if they keep 6.

If someone on the PS starts lighting it up - you release Jones and bring that person up. Plus, history shows, someone is gonna get hurt at the WR position. Jones has always been surprisingly healthy.

Getting Jones will make me feel better.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Weston Hodkiewicz @WesHod
The #Packers have released OL Andy Phillips

pbmax
09-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 46m46 minutes ago
Was told #Packers planning to keep rookie TE Kennard Backman, barring a last-minute change. Not sure what that means for Perillo, Henry.

vince
09-05-2015, 10:46 AM
RB's Harris and NEAL cut. Crockett gonna stick?

pbmax
09-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Rob Demovsky@RobDemovskyThe Packers are releasing TE Justin Perillo, per a source. Indications are they're only keeping three at the... https://t.co/xVN7NA6Q6i

vince
09-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Perillo cut.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 10:49 AM
RB's Harris and NEAL cut. Crockett gonna stick?

Where did you see Neal?

Weston Hodkiewicz@WesHodThe #Packers have released RB Alonzo Harris

ThunderDan
09-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Where did you see Neal?

What was up with all of the Packer ball handlers with clubs on during the preseason. I felt sorry for Harris and the TE.

Willard
09-05-2015, 10:52 AM
IMO, you takle him now - you know what you're getting. If they keep 6 WRs, Cobb, Adams and Monty are locks. Janis Probably. Then you have Jones - makes 5. White and Abra-ca-dabra are left. one stays on the 53 one goes to the PS - my guess, Abra to the PS and White on the roster. AGAIN, if they keep 6.

If someone on the PS starts lighting it up - you release Jones and bring that person up. Plus, history shows, someone is gonna get hurt at the WR position. Jones has always been surprisingly healthy.

Getting Jones will make me feel better.

If they grab him now I think his vet salary is guaranteed for the year. Getting him after week 1 means he gets paid week to week (do I have that right?). My guess is Ted passes. If WR sitch gets worse after week1 and Jone is still available then maybe. But a 31yo #4 WR with limited ST value does not seem Ted's style. Doubtful.

vince
Where did you see Neal?

Silverstein Tweet
Been told that the #Packers have released RB Rajion Neal. That's a bit of a surprise.

pbmax
3 TEs might mean an extra RB or FB.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Yep.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
#Packers have released Rajion Neal - not sure if that's out. Just got home.

That means 2 FBs are a guarantee.

vince
09-05-2015, 10:55 AM
These skill position cuts would seem to bode well for Abby...

Guiness
09-05-2015, 11:00 AM
I don't expect they'll get Neal to the PS, he'll be visiting other teams, he showed enough during the preseason to warrant it.

Agreed that it's looking like Kuhn and Rip both stick. Is it less than 10 teams that carry an FB now, and the Pack is going to roll with 2? lol

pbmax
09-05-2015, 11:03 AM
I don't expect they'll get Neal to the PS, he'll be visiting other teams, he showed enough during the preseason to warrant it.

Agreed that it's looking like Kuhn and Rip both stick. Is it less than 10 teams that carry an FB now, and the Pack is going to roll with 2? lol

I dunno. There are a ton of running backs around. Still wouldn't be surprising to see him signed.

vince
09-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Silverstein saying the Harris report might be premature...

Once again, Alonzo Harris has not been told he has been cut. Neither has his agent.

vince
09-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Silverstein

#Packers have informed TE Mitchell Henry that he has been released. They're going with 3 TEs: Rodgers, Quarless and Backman.

vince
09-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Rob Demovsky

#Packers cuts so far, per sources:
CB Ryan White
S Jean Fanor
G Matt Rotheram
TE Justin Perillo
TE Mitchell Henry
RB Rajion Neal

He's missing the tackle Phillips I believe...

vince
09-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏
I'm an idiot. I read my text message wrong. Neal was cut, not Harris. Credit @PackerReport for being right

pittstang5
09-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Was Neal 3rd on depth chart or was that harris. Jeez, with lacey running style and starks always getting hurt, I thought they'd keep 3 rbs.

Edit: I see harris is still here, bug didn't he break hus hand or have a club

smuggler
09-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Nor has Crockett been released yet.

vince
09-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Silverstein
#Packers have informed C/G Garth Gerhart that he has been released. It will be either 8 of 9 on the OL.

vince
09-05-2015, 11:48 AM
CB Ryan White
S Jean Fanor
G Matt Rotheram
TE Justin Perillo
TE Mitchell Henry
RB Rajion Neal
OT Andy Phillips
C Garth Gerhart

8 down, 12 to go - plus the 2 suspended guys

pbmax
09-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Weston Hodkiewicz@WesHodI'm an idiot. I read my text message wrong. Neal was cut, not Harris. Credit @PackerReport for being right

Harris is not cut.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Nor has Crockett been released yet.

I think he is the reason Neal was let go. Harris is a different kind of back. Crockett looked a bit like Neal.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:14 PM
PackerReport
The Packers have released Joe Thomas. Had a chance last summer til a knee injury.

No surprise but I liked the way he played.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Silverstein
Have been told that the #Packers are down to 9 OL. They have released Gerhart, Vujnovich, Rotheram and Phillips.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:24 PM
CB Ryan White
S Jean Fanor
G Matt Rotheram
TE Justin Perillo
TE Mitchell Henry
RB Rajion Neal
OT Andy Phillips
C Garth Gerhart
LB Joe Thomas
OT Jeremy Vujnovich

10 down 10 to go

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Demovsky Tweet

Glad Backman made the cut, Perillo has no pop. (explosiveness, not dad) Blackman is argument for 4 preseason games.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 12:27 PM
I like Harris, but Neal release is mild shock. Say, 60 volts AC.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 12:27 PM
PackerReport
The Packers have released Joe Thomas. Had a chance last summer til a knee injury.

No surprise but I liked the way he played.

He has a skill set not readily available on the Packer LB corps. He is quick and fast.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:28 PM
He has a skill set not readily available on the Packer LB corps. He is quick and fast.
Yeah I agree. Size problem though.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Last year I think TT took until 6PM to announce last cut, if my is memory correct. This year, the over-under is at 5 PM, and I'm taking under.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Last year I think TT took until 6PM to announce last cut, if my is memory correct. This year, the over-under is at 5 PM, and I'm taking under.They may take longer to announce the cuts. They have to be into league office by 3pm CDT. Reporters are on the phones finding out through agents as the players are informed and rushing to be first to twitter.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Hodkiewicz
The #Packers have informed WR Ed Williams he's being waived, but he could return on the practice squad

McGinn's darling.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
Spoon says Garth Gerhart has been released. He had a good camp. Would be surprised if this is the end of the line for him.

As someone who transcribed coverage of over half the Packers camp practices, this is the first good news I have read about Gerhart I think. Other than he was still healthy enough to practice.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Hodkiewicz
The #Packers are waiving WR Larry Pinkard injured. Suffered same AC joint sprain as Cobb in Thursday's finale. Could return later this year.

Abby still in the mix.

vince
09-05-2015, 12:59 PM
CB Ryan White
S Jean Fanor
G Matt Rotheram
TE Justin Perillo
TE Mitchell Henry
RB Rajion Neal
OT Andy Phillips
C Garth Gerhart
LB Joe Thomas
OT Jeremy Vujnovich
WR Ed Williams
WR Larry Pinkard

8 left to go

vince
09-05-2015, 01:00 PM
PackerReport
The #Packers have released Carl Bradford, a source says.

7 left to go

vince
09-05-2015, 01:03 PM
PackerReport
Always subject to change, sounds like Josh Boyd is safe on the DL. Not sure who else makes it with Raji, Daniels and Pennel.

Thornton, Ringo and Gaston on the bubble.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Kinda want Pinkard to be unhealthy for 4 weeks, then get him on PS.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 01:04 PM
PackerReport
The #Packers have released Carl Bradford, a source says.

7 left to go

Not a surprise at all. Showed up for one half of a preseason game.

vince
09-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Not a surprise at all. Showed up for one half of a preseason game.
That leaves Barrington, Palmer, Ryan and Matthews inside.

Bradford made $850,000 and never played a down of real football. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 01:13 PM
That leaves Barrington, Palmer, Ryan and Matthews inside.

Bradford made $850,000 and never played a down of real football. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Either Bradford or Thomas on PS predicts Ryan Wood.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1m1 minute ago
Just spoke to LB James Vaughters. He has been waived.

He had some pass rush in him. Tried him in middle to find role.

vince
09-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Barring a surprise or non-roster acquisition, #3 RB, #5/6 WR, #5/6 DL, #9/10 DB, #8/9 OL, #5/6 OLB still in question

Harris, Crockett
White, Abby
Thornton, Ringo, Gaston
Goodson, Banjo, Glover-Wright
Taylor, Barclay, Walker
Vaughters, Rasco

vince
09-05-2015, 01:19 PM
CB Ryan White
S Jean Fanor
G Matt Rotheram
TE Justin Perillo
TE Mitchell Henry
RB Rajion Neal
OT Andy Phillips
C Garth Gerhart
LB Joe Thomas
OT Jeremy Vujnovich
WR Ed Williams
WR Larry Pinkard
LB Carl Bradford
LB James Vaughters

6 more from:
Harris, Crockett
White, Abby
Thornton, Ringo, Gaston
Taylor, Barclay, Walker
Rasco

vince
09-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Michael Cohen
I've been told DT Khyri Thornton has been cut.

Rasco will undoubtedly be waived injured.

That would leave 4 guys left to cut.

gbgary
09-05-2015, 01:24 PM
abby hangin in there...

pbmax
09-05-2015, 01:28 PM
That's 2 2014 mid round picks gone.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
Khyri Thornton is out. They'd like to keep on the PS after he missed all of last season.

Not sure this makes sense. He hadn't made the team last year until his injury put him on IR.

vince
09-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
Khyri Thornton is out. They'd like to keep on the PS after he missed all of last season.

Not sure this makes sense. He hadn't made the team last year until his injury put him on IR.
Yeah we'll see. Agentspeak.

vince
09-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Yeah hopefully Dix, Adams, Rodgers, Linsley, Elliott, Pennel, maybe even Abby yet, make up for those 2.

vince
09-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Michael Cohen
I've been told that rookie DT Christian Ringo is cut.

And then there were 3.

vince
09-05-2015, 01:48 PM
3 of these guys most likely gone yet:

Harris, Crockett
White, Abby
Gaston
Taylor, Barclay, Walker

Gaston has to be on the squad I'd say because cutting him would leave only 4 dlinemen for the first game.
I'd be surprised to see both Harris and Crockett on the 53.
Glover-Wright seems likely and then either Banjor or Goodson or Abby...

smuggler
09-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Gaston and Pennel played best of all the dlinemen in the preseason. Boyo makes it.

E: Boyo meaning Gaston. Boyd I feel should be released.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Gaston and Pennel played best of all the dlinemen in the preseason. Boyo makes it.

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
The Packers appear to be going with five defensive linemen for now: Mike Daniels, B.J. Raji, Mike Pennel, Josh Boyd ... espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId…

bobblehead
09-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Was Neal 3rd on depth chart or was that harris. Jeez, with lacey running style and starks always getting hurt, I thought they'd keep 3 rbs.

Edit: I see harris is still here, bug didn't he break hus hand or have a club

I'm sorry...did you just say his husband broke his hand with a club?

pbmax
09-05-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm sorry...did you just say his husband broke his hand with a club?

No, the bug did.

bobblehead
09-05-2015, 02:18 PM
No, the bug did.

Damn...big bug.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Rob Demovsky@RobDemovskyWith a little over an hour before final cuts are due, Alonzo Harris' camp has heard nothing from the #Packers.

That's Eddie, James, Alonzo, John, John and The Ripper. Gonna need more chairs in the RB meeting room.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 02:39 PM
HE'S STILL AROUND!!!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
With 16 moves in the books, I'd say I'm surprised by exactly zero of them. I had Bradford on my final roster but only because i had to add 2

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 10m10 minutes ago
@PackerReport Neal the only one I've missed so far.

Joe Arrigo ‏@joearrigo 10m10 minutes ago
@JerseyAlGBP @PackerReport could mean Crockett ,makes it...I know they really liked him coming out & paid him good bread to sign w/ them

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
@joearrigo @JerseyAlGBP I've tried like crazy on crockett but gotten nowhere.

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 5m5 minutes ago
@PackerReport @joearrigo Crockett just didn't stand out to me enough in preseason to make the team. IDK.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Ryan Wood@ByRyanWoodOnly question left unanswered with less than 15 minutes to deadline is whether #Packers will indeed keep a third tailback. My guess is no.

Aren't there four tailbacks on the roster right now?

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm not surprised that Ringo got cut, except for fact he is draft pick.

I would expect and undersized guy like him will need more experience before he can compete with first stringers.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm not surprised that Ringo got cut, except for fact he is draft pick.

I would expect and undersized guy like him will need more experience before he can compete with first stringers.

Word is he barely flashed in camp and games, but they think he'll be easy to get to the PS.

digitaldean
09-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Kind of shocked Neal was cut. He seemed better screen back and ran well. Joe Thomas played well IMO to make roster.

red
09-05-2015, 02:54 PM

and two very questionable picks at the time

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Kind of shocked Neal was cut. He seemed better screen back and ran well.

I am surprised too, but every year we get surprised by the decisions at backup RB. I think the preseason game competition might be deceptive.

I want them to keep Harris, but won't be surprised or disappointed if it is Crockett. He is both very quick and strong. I like Harris as short-yardage guy and a FB/TB tweener.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 03:01 PM
I've changed my mind on James Jones. I'd pick him up and cut Abberderis, White if necessary. Actually I'd keep 6 and hope to get Abby to PS. It's a big year, and they may need Jones.

red
09-05-2015, 03:06 PM
jones knows the system, we know he can play in the system, and most importantly a-rod has confidence in him

he takes us from having 2 wr's and a bunch of young guys who may or may not step up, and gives us 3 solid WR's like we had when we started the year

not to mention he brings a vet presence that we lost when we lost jordy.

and like others have said. we're built to win the super bowl NOW, not in two or three years when one or two of those young guys might be able to turn into anything decent

and i would personally cut white for him, white like i said in the last GDT is all shake and no bake

keep abby as a 6th because you know we're gonna lose another wr or two before the season is over

Pugger
09-05-2015, 03:09 PM
It might be a while before we hear all of the cuts.

:wait:

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Sounds like Harris made it over Neal and Crockett. Disappointing for me because I liked him the least of the three.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Sounds like Harris made it over Neal and Crockett. Disappointing for me because I liked him the least of the three.

He's a bull in the china shop and always goes forward, but the other two looked nifty in screens.

UPDATE:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
Waiting to hear on Crockett.

smuggler
09-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Haven't heard of either Harris or Crockett being released...

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2015, 03:17 PM
I can't imagine them keeping 4 HBs and 2 FBs.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 03:20 PM
More Banjo.

Chris Banjo @Chris1Banjo
Jeremiah 29:11
Lets get it!! #Blessed @ Lambeau Field https://instagram.com/p/7QxRM_RI4r/

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 03:21 PM
I'd like to see them cut Kuhn and keep both Harris and Crockett. But that's unlikely - three rookies in backfield.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 03:24 PM
It might be a while before we hear all of the cuts.

:wait:

The truly odd thing is that the NFL office has the list of all cuts.
Why not release the whole league cut list out of NFL office?

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Drama. Harris might have been put on IR. Maybe Crockett makes it or they go just 2 HBs.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23s23 seconds ago
I have been told that the #Packers have released WR Jared Abbrederis. They will wait and see if he clears waivers. Then see about PS.

EDITED to add: Would it be illegal to film Magic crashing into some orange barrels on Hwy 41 and suffering another concussion BEFORE announcing he was going to be waived?

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2015, 03:26 PM
PS is a good spot for him.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
Source on Harris: "He's on the team in one way, shape or form, we just don't know the designation." Injured reserve is one possibility.

I think Ryan Wood's source is the copy room guy.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 03:35 PM
PS is a good spot for him.

Sure, but will he make it? Some team might like his potential over their end-of-roster guys.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Abberderis started having kids in college. Probably PS money is good enough for him, better than most entry level jobs.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Josh Walker makes roster.

Bretsky
09-05-2015, 04:10 PM
and two very questionable picks at the time

Honestly many of us liked Bradford in round 4

There were a few homer in Ted we trust sentiments, but for the most part nobody liked the blind reach in round 3.

Bretsky
09-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Still like Abbrederis more than Tolzien

pbmax
09-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Honestly many of us liked Bradford in round 4

There were a few homer in Ted we trust sentiments, but for the most part nobody liked the blind reach in round 3.

Everyone thought he was a steal of a physical talent for ILB. No one understood why they wanted him at OLB.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
Source on #Packers RB Alonzo Harris' broken hand: "A week from tomorrow, he could suit up and he probably wouldn’t even be in the club.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
There were some questions about the status of RB Alonzo Harris because of his broken hand. Source confirms he DID make the 53-man roster.

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
There were some questions about the status of RB Alonzo Harris because of his broken hand. Source confirms he DID make the 53-man roster.

That stinks. He does nothing for me. Maybe they'll pick up Jonas Gray. Probably not.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 04:43 PM
I'm going to be able to order my Alonzo Harris jersey online, this is going to save me $100 over a custom job.

Actually, too early to know. HArris & Rasco & White probably have to sweat-out a possible Jones signing tomorrow.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Kuhn, Rip and Harris are an awful lot of big RBs on a roster. Rub-a-dub-dub, three fullbacks in a tub.

Bretsky
09-05-2015, 05:04 PM
now that's a WTF

Is he a special teams stud ?

With that hack ILL reject leading us we need all the help we can get

Fritz
09-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Kuhn, Rip and Harris are an awful lot of big RBs on a roster. Rub-a-dub-dub, three fullbacks in a tub.

So if I'm getting this all correctly so far, Harris might be IR'd or IR waived, and Crockett hasn't been cut.

And Banjo and Richardson made it? And Tay Glover-Wright, and Goodson? Are they keeping like a dozen defensive backs? What the heck?

Did Barclay, Walker, Tretter and Taylor all make it, then?

And so far, Janis and "I can see for Myles" White made it, with no James Jones sighting yet?

Three tight ends, I think.

And Palmer, Jake Ryan, Barrington and ClayMat are inside. Perry survived, I think, and Neal, Peppers, Elliot - anyone else outside?

And on the D line it's Raji, Daniels, Pennel, Gaston, Boyd, then Guion and Jones sitting out?

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2015, 05:14 PM
So if I'm getting this all correctly so far, Harris might be IR'd or IR waived, and Crockett hasn't been cut.

And Banjo and Richardson made it? And Tay Glover-Wright, and Goodson? Are they keeping like a dozen defensive backs? What the heck?

Did Barclay, Walker, Tretter and Taylor all make it, then?

And so far, Janis and "I can see for Myles" White made it, with no James Jones sighting yet?

Three tight ends, I think.

And Palmer, Jake Ryan, Barrington and ClayMat are inside. Perry survived, I think, and Neal, Peppers, Elliot - anyone else outside?

And on the D line it's Raji, Daniels, Pennel, Gaston, Boyd, then Guion and Jones sitting out?

Harris made it.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2015, 05:18 PM
There's one more cut to be announced. Crockett or Rasco I suppose.

smuggler
09-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Three more cuts to get down to 55, by my math. There have been posts insinuating the release of Crockett and Gaston, but nothing concrete.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood#Packers WR Myles White has made the 53-man roster, per a source. He was casuality of final cuts past two years. Third time is the charm.

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL
8 teams haven’t announced cuts. 7 from NFC. 3 from NFC North. WAKE UP NFC NORTH!

pbmax
09-05-2015, 05:30 PM
The Green Bay Packers have released the following players:

WR Jared Abbrederis
LB Carl Bradford
RB John Crockett
S Jean Fanor
C Garth Gerhart
CB Tay Glover-Wright
TE Mitchell Henry
RB Rajion Neal
TE Justin Perillo
C/G Andy Phillips
DT Christian Ringo
G Matt Rotheram
LB Joe Thomas
DT Khyri Thornton
LB James Vaughters
T Jeremy Vujnovich
CB Ryan White
WR Ed Williams

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-roster-moves/article-1/Packers-reduce-roster-to-53/17b708be-109c-4a48-95ed-f8099d64992a#ixzz3kuEu9vUI

The team also waived/injured WR Larry Pinkard and LB Jermauria Rasco. Additionally, DE Letroy Guion and DE Datone Jones were placed on the reserve/suspended list. The transactions were announced Saturday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 05:32 PM
So we didn't know Crockett, Glover-Wright and Rasco.

smuggler
09-05-2015, 05:40 PM
So, injury designation aside,

Pinkard, Rasco, Crockett, Vaughters, Ringo, Perillo, Fanor, Bradford, Williams (WR), and Abbrederis practice squad?

CaliforniaCheez
09-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Khyri Thornton is another in a long list of defensive line busts. The Packers have a lot of trouble drafting good D linemen.

Joemailman
09-05-2015, 06:07 PM
For the first time since 2010, Packers begin the season with 2 fullbacks. Super Bowl bound!

Maxie the Taxi
09-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Khyri Thornton is another in a long list of defensive line busts. The Packers have a lot of trouble drafting good D linemen.

TT should listen to PackerRats. We've got a much better record of success with D linemen. Many we wanted drafted made other teams.:-|

pbmax
09-05-2015, 06:37 PM

Dude, check your PMs!

Or read the Fantasy Forum!

pbmax
09-05-2015, 06:45 PM
So, is Harris' spot Ted playing games with the roster for PS moves?

Does Ripkowski get shuffled there midweek?

Is Abby moving to PS because they expect Jones in?

smuggler
09-05-2015, 06:48 PM
I'd say Goodson, Banjo are the first ones off the island.

pbmax
09-05-2015, 06:49 PM
I'd say Goodson, Banjo are the first ones off the island.

Yeah, banged up guy seems logical to sneak through to PS.

Guiness
09-05-2015, 06:52 PM
For the first time since 2010, Packers begin the season with 2 fullbacks. Super Bowl bound!

2 FBs and Alonzo Harris, who at 6'1" and 237 is the same height and only 9 lbs lighter than Ripkowski!

With Lacy as the feature back. Wow that's a lot of beef at that position.

Guiness
09-05-2015, 06:54 PM
With Abby gone, they're down to 5 WRs, right? I really didn't think they'd carry 6.

Guiness
09-05-2015, 07:00 PM
So, injury designation aside,

Pinkard, Rasco, Crockett, Vaughters, Ringo, Perillo, Fanor, Bradford, Williams (WR), and Abbrederis practice squad?

I imagine a few of those guys make it, but TT usually puts a couple of late cuts he must've had his eye on from other teams on the squad as well, I don't think I've ever seen it comprised entirely of Packer cuts.

I bet Perillo moves on. After being on the PS then the 53 for part of last year, not making the squad is a pretty good indication he has no future with the Pack.

smuggler
09-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Tell that to Myles White.

Carolina_Packer
09-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Not making excuses for the picks, but the two that I can think of that were drafted high enough to cause expectations and then disappoint with ROI (Jerel Worthy and Khyri Thornton) were both injured early in their careers. There is never a good time to get injured, but early in your career has to be the worst. Neither player made it back after getting injured. My point is there has been some bad luck.

Joemailman
09-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Not making excuses for the picks, but the two that I can think of that were drafted high enough to cause expectations and then disappoint with ROI (Jerel Worthy and Khyri Thornton) were both injured early in their careers. There is never a good time to get injured, but early in your career has to be the worst. Neither player made it back after getting injured. My point is there has been some bad luck.

I think those were just bad picks. Thornton pulled a hamstring probably because as he has admitted, he showed up out of shape. He showed nothing even before he was hurt. Worthy was good in college because of his ability to beat his opponents off the snap. Once he started facing guys who were as quick as he was, he didn't really have anything else.

Justin Harrell is a guy who I think could play, but just couldn't stay healthy.

Joemailman
09-05-2015, 07:58 PM
So, is Harris' spot Ted playing games with the roster for PS moves?

Does Ripkowski get shuffled there midweek?

Is Abby moving to PS because they expect Jones in?

I haven't quite figured it out, but I'm betting Harris won't be on the 53 when the season starts.

mraynrand
09-05-2015, 09:00 PM
And gaston will be gone when dl return from suspensio

pbmax
09-05-2015, 09:08 PM

Carrying 6 D lineman is their norm. Likely a decision when Guion gets back after Week 3.

red
09-05-2015, 10:37 PM
With Abby gone, they're down to 5 WRs, right? I really didn't think they'd carry 6.

with the way our guys usually get banged up during a season, we probably should keep 7 or 8

i'm guessing the over under on wr's that miss time do to hamstrings is 2

pbmax
09-05-2015, 10:41 PM
They should stick Magic and White in the same jersey number and call them one WR. Between the two of them, they might make it to 14 games.

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2015, 10:41 PM

I'm not so sure that Gaston doesn't beat out Boyd for that 6th spot when everybody is healthy.

smuggler
09-06-2015, 03:41 AM
If they had to pick now, I think they'd take Gaston. We'll see if he's still kicking ass in three weeks against starting caliber players. I'm hoping for Boyd to get his head out of his ass so TT is forced to cut Banjo or (ideally) Goodson.

Pugger
09-06-2015, 06:50 AM
Tell that to Myles White.

Yes, White was on our PS last year and now is on the 53. Its a shame about Jared but perhaps the best place for him this year is the PS. If he can stay healthy and show progress he might be able to resurrect his career in 2016.

Patler
09-06-2015, 08:06 AM
I the original 10 signed to the practice squad in 2014 were all players released by the Packers. However, within just a couple days a few changes were made to both the regular roster and the practice squad.

Patler
09-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Yes, White was on our PS last year and now is on the 53. Its a shame about Jared but perhaps the best place for him this year is the PS. If he can stay healthy and show progress he might be able to resurrect his career in 2016.

White was on PS in 2013, too, then spent a few weeks on the regular roster before going on IR.
GB has always moved a lot of players from their PS to the regular roster either the same year, or a year later.

Abrederris has essentially had no practice time at all these past two season. A year on someone's PS makes sense for him.

smuggler
09-06-2015, 09:35 AM
If there's an injury to White or Janis, I'd think Abby would get thr first call. If it's to Cobb, Davante, or (possibly even) Montgomery, they might get turtleneck on the line.

Polotröjan!!!

Fritz
09-06-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm not so sure that Gaston doesn't beat out Boyd for that 6th spot when everybody is healthy.

I do wonder which one's the better player. Boyd seems to have plateaued; my guess is that he's like Colin Cole -he'll carve out a nice career as a run-stopper gap-filler with a few different teams.

Keep Gaston, for he's a beauty AND a beast!

pbmax
09-07-2015, 01:15 PM
GM fail.

Carolina Panthers @Panthers
Ron Rivera says Ted Ginn and Corey Brown are the starting wide receivers entering Week 1 vs. Jacksonville.

Joemailman
09-07-2015, 04:28 PM
GM fail.

Carolina Panthers @Panthers
Ron Rivera says Ted Ginn and Corey Brown are the starting wide receivers entering Week 1 vs. Jacksonville.

Newton might break Vick's record for rushing yards by a QB in a season.

mraynrand
09-07-2015, 04:38 PM

I just had a chance to watch the last pre-season game and he made a few plays. Plus, he's plus-sized. He's also especially good at expectorating.

Guiness
09-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Thornton claimed by NE

Bretsky
09-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Good; he was a worthless sack. NE also grabbed Worthy as well....well...for a bit at least

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2015, 06:52 AM
I don't know for sure how talent evaluation is done in the NFL, or for the Packers, but perhaps instead of having what appears to be just regional scouts, the team should think in terms of having positional scouts as well. Perhaps they do already, and if that's the case, they should look to replace whoever is providing advice on the DL's that they've been drafting higher than the 4th round. Is it the hardest position to project between college and pro, or is Green Bay not investing in enough high picks to have a shot at the talent that grades higher, are they just unlucky because of the injuries to the guys they've drafted, or are they just bad at forming a dominant DL?

I don't blame guys who are drafted 5th-7th, or undrafted. It's the team's job to invest in talent, and those guys are just doing the best they can with the talent they have. Silk purse, sow's ear and all that. Datone Jones, I'm looking at you. You need to bring it this year. Jerel Worthy may have initially had bad luck in 2012 with his knee getting injured, but he had time to heal, and other opportunities, and couldn't make good. That's a bad projection on him. Kyhri Thornton was a reach as well. This guy never looked like a player. It's not that they didn't make it. Lots of players don't. It's that Packers wasted high picks, and are still struggling to find that solid unit on the DL. I give them credit for finding guys like Mike Pennel. Perhaps they should just stop drafting DL, or get a scout specialist who can spot a DL player when he sees one.

Teamcheez1
09-08-2015, 07:47 AM
I haven't seen any comment here on Mitchell Henry being claimed by the Broncos off waivers. Is this one that got away (ala Charles Johnson) or just-a-guy?

It's not like we have a multitude of talent at the TE position.

Added link:
http://www.hngn.com/articles/126983/20150907/green-bay-packers-rumors-thompson-upset-over-losing-mitchell-henry-to-denver-broncos.htm

TT upset?

Pugger
09-08-2015, 07:53 AM
I haven't seen any comment here on Mitchell Henry being claimed by the Broncos off waivers. Is this one that got away (ala Charles Johnson) or just-a-guy?

It's not like we have a multitude of talent at the TE position.

Added link:
http://www.hngn.com/articles/126983/20150907/green-bay-packers-rumors-thompson-upset-over-losing-mitchell-henry-to-denver-broncos.htm

TT upset?

Ted was prob disappointed to lose him but that's the risk you take with these last cut-downs. Perhaps Mike and Ted felt because we kept 2 FBs having 3 TEs is sufficient?

vince
09-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Guys get away. I like Backman's potential as well as what Ripkowski brings over Henry all day long. We'll see but I'm not laying any money on Henry becoming the next Gronk any time soon.

MadScientist
09-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Would have liked to see Henry on the PS, since he was so limited with a club on his hand. Surprised Denver took him for that same reason.

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Luckily the discussion is about bottom of the roster turnover, and not key personnel. Obviously deciding who is going to fit into the limited number of spots can be difficult. More often than not, the guys that get away do not go on to have careers that make the team regret their decision making, with the notable exception of Charles Johnson (argghh!)

Guiness
09-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Luckily the discussion is about bottom of the roster turnover, and not key personnel. Obviously deciding who is going to fit into the limited number of spots can be difficult. More often than not, the guys that get away do not go on to have careers that make the team regret their decision making, with the notable exception of Charles Johnson (argghh!)

Lota love for Johnson on this board. Everyone really think he's going to be all that? Someone on this board that had some experience with him was pretty sure he'd implode. He did work his way through 3 colleges.

3irty1
09-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Lota love for Johnson on this board. Everyone really think he's going to be all that? Someone on this board that had some experience with him was pretty sure he'd implode. He did work his way through 3 colleges.

The strong feelings are because he should be imploding for US!

run pMc
09-08-2015, 08:46 PM
and also if Johnson had stayed, there would probably be no Janis or JJ. Johnson could play on the outside. He was a size-speed project like Janis. He looked good last year because he had a leg up on the system Norv Turner brought over, plus the rest of the Vikings WRs were either pedestrian or frustrated with the QB/OL situation. Their offense is expected to be better with AP and year 2 of Bridgewater, but I'd rather have Greg Jennings than Mike Wallace.

NewsBruin
09-08-2015, 09:29 PM

After Gilbert Brown, I'll call it a wash.

Joemailman
09-09-2015, 01:22 AM
After Gilbert Brown, I'll call it a wash.

Gilbert Brown helped the Packers get to 2 Super Bowls, and win 1. Charles Johnson helped the Vikings go 7-9. How is that a wash? This whole Charles Johnson thing has gotten kind of strange. If the Packers had kept him, he would have been their #4 WR last year. What's the big deal?

Fritz
09-09-2015, 06:46 AM
This year will tell the tale. He's had plenty of time to mature, learn his craft, all of that. We'll get a good gauge of how good he really is or isn't.

Patler
09-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Gilbert Brown helped the Packers get to 2 Super Bowls, and win 1. Charles Johnson helped the Vikings go 7-9. How is that a wash? This whole Charles Johnson thing has gotten kind of strange. If the Packers had kept him, he would have been their #4 WR last year. What's the big deal?

Johnson, like Janis, is all about potential. Both still are. With 31 receptions last year but a higher ypc, Johnson was sort of like Boykin of 2013.

Fritz
09-09-2015, 01:40 PM
ooooohh...

now that's a real 2015 cutdown!

pbmax
09-09-2015, 01:54 PM
At least Patler didn't say upside potential.

mraynrand
09-09-2015, 02:19 PM

As Gilbert would say: "don't get your panties in a twist"