PDA

View Full Version : CHARLES RODGERS TO BE RELEASED! (AT LEAST ESPN THINKS SO)

gbpackfan
09-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Lions | Rogers appears to be on his way out
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:20:40 -0700

ESPNews reports the Detroit Lions appear to be ready to cut WR Charles Rogers.

Should we go get him?

CaptainKickass
09-01-2006, 03:03 PM
If he has better hands than Fergy then yes. If not then no.

Fritz
09-01-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna say no. Everything I read in the Detroit papers and hear about on the radio suggests he has a hard time getting off the line, a hard time getting motivated to work, and a hard time staying healthy.

BallHawk
09-01-2006, 03:45 PM
And a hard time keeping away from this...

http://governing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/marijuana_leaf.jpg

Bretsky
09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Not sure how horrid his attitude is; but I'd take him over Cory Rodgers any day due to him having the talent

BobDobbs
09-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Charlie Rodgers hasn't done anything in his career except collect a first round signing bonus. He's interesting, because he's one those guys that hasn't gotten to play because of injuries. They always make you wonder what if?
He will not be signed to replace Ferguson or Jennings or Driver. Those are the top three right now. I wish we could replace Ferguson, but right now he's the third best receiver on the team. I guess it depends on if they like Martin, Gardener, or that new guy Punky Brewster or whatever.
I remember McCarthy said he wanted to keep six receivers. I can't see them keeping Cory Rodgers, he's a bust. This will be a test for Thompson let's call it the BJ Sander test. Will he admit a mistake and cut a draft pick?

Bretsky
09-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Charlie Rodgers hasn't done anything in his career except collect a first round signing bonus. He's interesting, because he's one those guys that hasn't gotten to play because of injuries. They always make you wonder what if?
He will not be signed to replace Ferguson or Jennings or Driver. Those are the top three right now. I wish we could replace Ferguson, but right now he's the third best receiver on the team. I guess it depends on if they like Martin, Gardener, or that new guy Punky Brewster or whatever.
I remember McCarthy said he wanted to keep six receivers. I can't see them keeping Cory Rodgers, he's a bust. This will be a test for Thompson let's call it the BJ Sander test. Will he admit a mistake and cut a draft pick?

Well Rodgers had a decent rookie season while healthy; I had him in FF that year. He made some plays. But it was downhill after that.

You analysis depresses me when you say that the Fraud is the best we could come up with at #3. Weak Weak Weak

LEWCWA
09-01-2006, 04:37 PM
You have to bring him in for a look. The guy has way too much talent not to look!!! Now if we had Walker, Driver, Murphy, Fergy, and Jennings I would sing a different toon, but our wr are more like Moe, Larry, Curly, and Schemp(whatever his name was)!

chewy-bacca
09-01-2006, 09:39 PM
And a hard time keeping away from this...

http://governing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/marijuana_leaf.jpg

I feel for him, I too suffer form the same aliment.

cheesner
09-01-2006, 09:42 PM
NOOOOO!

Stay away from this guy. The word from Detroit is he doesn't seem to really care if he plays or not. He is only in it for the paycheck - no heart. We don't need that attitude in the locker room. Perhaps if you had a veteran team with a couple Ray Lewis keeping his butt in line. But not on a young Packer team.

Mactush
09-02-2006, 01:31 AM
I actually went to school with CR (MSU). He is a thug and will spend the majority of his life in prison like most of Rodger's family. :twisted:

CUT-n-Paste Typo... sorry for confusion!

the_idle_threat
09-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the forum, Mactush ... I think. :mrgreen: Way to endear yourself to the chief mod in your very first post! :shock:

Mactush
09-02-2006, 01:56 AM
hey idel

I know him, he lives near me ... lol

he is a foul mouthed and filthy hombre.

Hola!

Willard
09-02-2006, 02:15 AM
hey idel

Hola!

Are you talking about Charles Rogers or MadTown??

the_idle_threat
09-02-2006, 02:27 AM
hey idel

Hola!

Well, in that case ... carry on! :twisted:

MuttnJeff
09-02-2006, 06:14 AM
How about a straight-up trade: Corey Rodgers for Charles Rodgers.

SkinBasket
09-02-2006, 07:26 AM
He is only in it for the paycheck - no heart.

If we can get him cheap for a year, I don't care if he plays for Satan. Amazingly enuogh it should only take a yes to two questions for anyone to make the GB roster right now: Can you catch a kickoff? Can you run straight unti someone hits you?

Where are all these "packer people" willing to throw themselves wholeheartedly into special teams play? Obviously they aren't working out. We can't return a kickoff more than 15 yards, can't cover the best punting we've seen in a decade, and cant even hold onto a punt, much less return it more than 3 yards. I don't give a fuck what someone's motivation is at this point, as long as they have the skillset of a high schooler, they would be an upgrade on ST.

Rastak
09-02-2006, 08:23 AM
hey idel

Hola!

Mad I'm pretty sure.....

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 08:57 AM
How about a straight-up trade: Corey Rodgers for Charles Rodgers.

When you said that I imagined Corey Rodgers and Charles Rodgers on seperate sides of the Hoan Bridge. Mike McCarthy's there with a mega phone and he's shouting "We'll exchange players now." The players both walk slowly across the bridge, but Corey pulls out a gun, shoots Charles Rodgers and makes off with his pot stash. Kinda like that James Bond scene, except for the whole trigger happy, 4th round bust thing.

Oh well, off to my psychiatric appointment.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2006, 09:01 AM
LOL

He cracks me up.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks.

Mactush
09-06-2006, 02:58 PM
hey idel

Hola!

Rodgers...LOL sorry for the confusion. I do not know MAdTown nor where he resides.