PDA

View Full Version : Scout's take on the Packers

Bossman641
09-01-2006, 03:50 PM
This is from SI's preview issue. I thought these quotes were interesting.

"This is my dark-horse team to have a solid year. Brett Favre is still good, just a little inconsistent. But he's still got the arm and he's a tough guy at heart."

"It was a good move getting rid of Javon Walker. Big-time receivers want the ball all the time, and they tear up the locker room."

"One player on this team who is overrated is Aaron Kampman. Green Bay resigned him for a lot of money, but he's just a try-hard defensive end who doesn't make any plays."

LEWCWA
09-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I can't argue with that much. They could be 9-7 or 3-13....tough team to gauge....

Dabaddestbear
09-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I can't argue with that much. They could be 9-7 or 3-13....tough team to gauge....
If they are 9-7 this year I will buy a Brett Favre jersey and run through the sports bar yelling "Brett please marry me!!!" over and over again.
But good thing I will not have to face up to that nightmare...lol

hurleyfan
09-01-2006, 06:36 PM
If they are 9-7 this year I will buy a Brett Favre jersey and run through the sports bar yelling "Brett please marry me!!!" over and over again.

That's a good one Bad! Will you wear it at the Billy Goat Tavern?!?

MJZiggy
09-01-2006, 06:42 PM

That's it. I'm keeping track of these things and will hold you to it.

test
09-01-2006, 08:59 PM
DadumbestTeddie is impeding on my ability to enjoy a Packer fan forum. If I want to hear from teddies, I'll go to another site.

Boot him. No cross-breeding here please. Keep us segregated and pure.

Rastak
09-01-2006, 09:00 PM
DadumbestTeddie is impeding on my ability to enjoy a Packer fan forum. If I want to hear from teddies, I'll go to another site.

Hey test, if the dude wants to discuss football it should be cool.....if he's just trolling than yes, the boot is proper.

mngolf19
09-02-2006, 01:52 PM

Yeah, keep that in-breeding going. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't think anybody that has been to the KFAN forum (Vkings) should talk about the quality of this forum. I for one would rather keep this forum like it is than go in that direction. They have a Packers forum, but it's mostly Viking fans talking trash--even if you come in wanting to go the Rastak route. If the choice is between in breeding or cross breeding like the KFAN forum, I choose in breeding. We have enough disagreement amongst ourselves (e.g. wist, SOV, and others), so it's not like this forum is filled with the same opinions.

mngolf19
09-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Harv, don't blame us Vikings fans. I know I don't come in here talking trash. Sure I had to pick on that one line he typed but that's nothing. I always want to talk purely about opinions on teams and players, nothing about crapping on someone.

Rastak
09-02-2006, 04:02 PM
I don't think anybody that has been to the KFAN forum (Vkings) should talk about the quality of this forum. I for one would rather keep this forum like it is than go in that direction. They have a Packers forum, but it's mostly Viking fans talking trash--even if you come in wanting to go the Rastak route. If the choice is between in breeding or cross breeding like the KFAN forum, I choose in breeding. We have enough disagreement amongst ourselves (e.g. wist, SOV, and others), so it's not like this forum is filled with the same opinions.

If you want to have some non-fun go to EITHER the Packers or Vikings ESPN forums.....all trolls all day. Packers trolls all over the Viking forum, Viking trolls all over the Packer forum.

Dabaddestbear
09-02-2006, 04:04 PM

That's a good one Bad! Will you wear it at the Billy Goat Tavern?!?
You pick it and I will try to be there. But I have to give the first dibbs to my mainstay at Major Goolsby's.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 04:17 PM
See and I was thinking of some nice downtown spot in the heart of Chicago...

MasonCrosby
09-02-2006, 04:39 PM

lol...so not that i think it will happen but let's just say, since the games haven't been played yet and it's still possible, that the packers go 12-4. will you wear said favre jersey into a bears sportsbar and yell "Bears Stink!"? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ChicagoPackerFan
09-02-2006, 04:46 PM
DadumbBear's sig of Hawk is offensive he should be removed.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 04:50 PM

It's not as offensive, as it is disturbing. I have nightmare's about it. :shock:

JP :mrgreen:

Rastak
09-02-2006, 04:52 PM

It's not as offensive, as it is disturbing. I have nightmare's about it. :shock:

JP :mrgreen:

Didn't Hawk star in a movie with Cher once?

green_bowl_packer
09-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Dabaddest who you kidding you hang out at the Billy Scroat Tavern, may as well do it there!!!