PDA

View Full Version : NFL Gamepass

Freak Out
09-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Anyone familiar with this service? It claims to allow you to watch all games on your mobile device or computer but I'm a bit skeptical...it is the NFL after all.

mraynrand
09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
One day after the games and all games are piped through via TELEX.

smuggler
09-12-2015, 04:34 PM
reddit.com/r/nflstreams

Not illegal to watch a stream. Just don't save anything and obviously don't host in the US.

pbmax
09-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Its a mac site, but it gives a good overview of what changed this year. They consolidated three services, live mobile broadcast, Game Rewind (everything a day late) and Audio Pass. BONUS: all the sweet Preseason action you want.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/31/apple-tv-nfl-game-pass/

I have never use the Live Streaming, so I can't vouch for it. However, it will not broadcast National Games. So Packers on Sunday, Monday or Thursday night won't be on it.

rdanomly
09-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Added bonus, if you have a Chromecast, you can cast from the website. Good quality minus all the commercials the next day.

CaliforniaCheez
09-12-2015, 11:38 PM
One season years ago I bought the radio broadcast version. I was out of area and listened to the Packers radio network games. Then a day or two later listen to the opponents broadcast. You can compare the other teams announcers to Wayne and Larry.

Some are good professionals. Some are stupid homers. The vikings are like Baghdad Bob only much worse with little commentary matching reality.

gbgary
09-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Added bonus, if you have a Chromecast, you can cast from the website. Good quality minus all the commercials the next day.

chromecast is great for any stream. i use it for racing, preseason football, etc. lots better watching on the tele.

Freak Out
09-13-2015, 12:08 PM
All the games are subject to blackout in Alaska this morning. What a joke.

Freak Out
09-13-2015, 01:27 PM
http://www.streamsports.me/

Zool
09-14-2015, 08:23 AM
I have the NFL Pass. Once the late games are over on Sunday you can watch all the games from the day. Once the night game is over, it's available right away.

The condensed version of the game is one of the true loves of my life. At 6:30pm yesterday I started watching the game. By 7:15 I was done and on to something else.

mraynrand
09-14-2015, 09:15 AM
I have the NFL Pass. Once the late games are over on Sunday you can watch all the games from the day. Once the night game is over, it's available right away.

The condensed version of the game is one of the true loves of my life. At 6:30pm yesterday I started watching the game. By 7:15 I was done and on to something else.

DIrecTV has had that for several years (shortcuts). Half hour games. I watch selected other games in the league that way. Very nice. But it's more fun to watch the Packers on an hour delay with the DVR and skip through commercials and any commentary by Troy and Buck, especially when they show their girly tie wearing, skinny punk, chicken neck, unshaven countenances.

Smidgeon
09-14-2015, 11:13 AM
I have it, and the improvement from NFL rewind is that the day games are available starting after the afternoon game instead of after the evening game (if you're lucky).

The thing that sucks is that if you use mobile, they show you the scores on seventeen different screens before you can watch the game itself. I wrote the NFL a very angry email considering they advertise spoiler free watching. Apparently it's only spoiler free if you watch it on a computer.

Zool
09-14-2015, 12:48 PM
I have it, and the improvement from NFL rewind is that the day games are available starting after the afternoon game instead of after the evening game (if you're lucky).

The thing that sucks is that if you use mobile, they show you the scores on seventeen different screens before you can watch the game itself. I wrote the NFL a very angry email considering they advertise spoiler free watching. Apparently it's only spoiler free if you watch it on a computer.

Or on AppleTV.

Freak Out
09-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Or on AppleTV.

I'm going to revisit the service once the new Apple TV is released later this fall. I was under the impression that it would allow a subscriber to stream the games to a mobile device or computer "live" which isn't the case.

hoosier
09-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Another crappy thing about the NFL GP is that it advertises ability to listen to home or away radio broadcast. Imagine the potential: you open the (muted) video in one window, open the home radio broadcast in another, and all of a sudden you have the best of all possible worlds even if you don't live in WI. But no, the radio broadcast window just sits there buffering for an eternity and never does anything, so you're left going back to Buck and Aikman or whoever and being forced to feel grateful that you have an audio at all.

Freak Out
09-14-2015, 03:27 PM
The radio broadcast features worked perfectly...I just couldn't watch the game live. Last year I could buy the Direct TV games package for computer viewing and loved it...for some reason it's not available in my area now. Could be an ATT deal now....packaging phone stuff, etc.