PDA

View Full Version : WEEK 2 :: NFL NEWS :: NFC NORTH NEWS :: PACKERS NEWS

smuggler
09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Barrington has an ankle.

Burnett may still have a calf.

Datone coming off his suspension. Someone will have to hit the road. Goodson? Banjo? Boyd? Gaston?

Randy Gregory (DAL) and Dez Bryant (DAL) have an ankle and foot respectively. Timetable for both is 4-6 weeks. Dez neds surgery first, though.

Lorenzo Mauldin (NYJ) may have suffered a career ending spinal cord and/or brain injury. That would really be terrible... he was one of the feel-good stories of the draft.

Suggs (BAL) is done for the year after tearing his Achilles.

smuggler
09-14-2015, 03:02 PM
OAK's Charles Woodson and Nate Allen were both injured. Woodson injured his shoulder and it might be serious. Alllen has a knee and will miss the remainder of the season.

Ellington (ARZ) has a knee. Out 2-3 weeks.

Cromartie (NYJ) has a knee. No timetable yet, but not an ACL injury.

NFL official Gary Arthur will probably miss the rest of the season with numerous torso injuries.

Guiness
09-14-2015, 03:45 PM
OAK's Charles Woodson and Nate Allen were both injured. Woodson injured his shoulder and it might be serious. Alllen has a knee and will miss the remainder of the season.

Ellington (ARZ) has a knee. Out 2-3 weeks.

Cromartie (NYJ) has a knee. No timetable yet, but not an ACL injury.

NFL official Gary Arthur will probably miss the rest of the season with numerous torso injuries.

Ellington goes down already, eh? Arizona find out if if the Chris Johnson signing is going to work out sooner rather than later.

Patler
09-14-2015, 03:58 PM

Broken collarbone, 9 broken ribs and a collapsed lung. If I was watching the correct video, he did get run over on punt coverage, and I could see an injury of some sort, but that is an amazing amount of damage.

red
09-14-2015, 04:09 PM
thats like a car accident

has anyone heard who collapsed at soldiers field yesterday delaying the kickoff?

pbmax
09-14-2015, 05:49 PM
That would be a letdown, from ST captain to released in one week for Banjo. But I am betting its Goodson.

Joemailman
09-14-2015, 05:56 PM
That would be a letdown, from ST captain to released in one week for Banjo. But I am betting its Goodson.

Goodson and then Gaston when Guion comes back.

smuggler
09-14-2015, 06:10 PM
has anyone heard who collapsed at soldiers field yesterday delaying the kickoff?

Posters on reddit were saying it was someone from the Bears, but I never got any confirmation.

RashanGary
09-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Goodson and then Gaston when Guion comes back.

Goodson is our 1st team punt gunner and Whitt was quoted saying he's played as well as anyone after the first two CBs. He's not going anywhere.

pbmax
09-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Justin has a point. More likely the released guy comes from this list:

#Packers inactives:
Brett Hundley
LaDarius Gunter
Morgan Burnett
Alonzo Harris
Andy Mulumba
Lane Taylor
Kennard Backman

pbmax
09-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
New from JS: Cobb: "I didn't have any setbacks after the game" http://ift.tt/1ORQgQi #Packers

run pMc
09-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Lane Taylor or Backman, then Gaston. I think Goodson sticks for now.

run pMc
09-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Posters on reddit were saying it was someone from the Bears, but I never got any confirmation.

During the broadcast Larry and Wayne said it was a Bears person.

Guiness
09-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Justin has a point. More likely the released guy comes from this list:

#Packers inactives:
Brett Hundley
LaDarius Gunter
Morgan Burnett
Alonzo Harris
Andy Mulumba
Lane Taylor
Kennard Backman

It would seem they have an excess of DBs, so you have to think it will be from that unit, but I don't see who. I assume Burnett is tongue in cheek, Gunther played so well in the preseason, if it's not Goodson, then who? The Packers have shown a willingness to keep an 'unbalanced' roster in the past. I do wonder if we're making more out of Banjo being the ST captain than it means? Do the coaches appoint the captains, or is it a team vote?

I'd be pretty surprised if it was either of the draft picks on the list, Backman or Hudley.

King Friday
09-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Peyton Manning is apparently heading to the injury list for Denver with a back...he's going to be VERY fortunate if he makes it to December with the ability to still throw more than 20 yards downfield.

pbmax
09-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Dear Vikings,

Thanks, now I have to worry about the 49ers.

Sincerely,

PackerRats

pittstang5
09-15-2015, 05:49 AM
Hey, the Pack isn't last in defending the run. Vikings are. So we got that going for us...which is nice.

Upnorth
09-15-2015, 07:37 AM
So did I miss it or did Jake Ryan not even suit up??? I read he got a tackle but was it on ST?

3irty1
09-15-2015, 08:15 AM
I'd bet on Lane Taylor being the odd one out.

Fritz
09-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Dear Vikings,

Sincerely,

PackerRats

McCarthy and the Packers not the only team in the NFC North playing coy on the injury front. Caldwell in Detroit getting testy in Detroit over not revealing the nature of his injury:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/2015/09/18/lions-caldwell-refuses-disclose-nature-levys-injury/72398504/

I did not realize Levy hasn't practiced in over a month.

Last week the papers made it sound as if he might play this weekend against the Vikes, but now they're making it seem he'll be out for a few more weeks.

Rastak
09-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Dear Vikings,

Sincerely,

PackerRats

Those guys played some pretty inspired football, and the Vikings looked like week old shit.

Upnorth
09-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Well this sucks,
http://m.jsonline.com/328377331.htm
Hopefully Barclay makes a jump

Patler
09-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Well this sucks,
http://m.jsonline.com/328377331.htm
Hopefully Barclay makes a jump

Same knee as his ACL tear and an MCL a few seasons ago. Throw in the cartilage damage now, and a reported possible MCL again, and this knee could start to really affect both his performance and longevity.

Joemailman
09-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Same knee as his ACL tear and an MCL a few seasons ago. Throw in the cartilage damage now, and a reported possible MCL again, and this knee could start to really affect both his performance and longevity.

Time to start restocking the OL in the draft. TT drafted only Linsley in 2014 and nobody in 2015. Except for Tretter, every Packers backup on OL was undrafted.

Patler
09-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Time to start restocking the OL in the draft. TT drafted only Linsley in 2014 and nobody in 2015. Except for Tretter, every Packers backup on OL was undrafted.

Agreed. NFL careers pass quickly, and it won't be long before Sitton will be looking at the end of his. They are young at two spots and mid career at three., so rebuilding the line hopefully can be orderly.

pbmax
09-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke 6m6 minutes ago
Vikings final WR snap count: Charles Johnson 60, Mike Wallace 55, Jarius Wright 46, Adam Thielen 1, Cordarrelle Patterson 0

Guiness
09-20-2015, 05:59 PM
Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke 6m6 minutes ago
Vikings final WR snap count: Charles Johnson 60, Mike Wallace 55, Jarius Wright 46, Adam Thielen 1, Cordarrelle Patterson 0

Cordarrelle didn't get a snap on O? Oops. I see he did return two kickoffs.

Jesus H! I just saw Joe Buck. What the hell is that??? How does one look in the mirror before leaving the house, see that and go "oh ya, I got it going on baby!"

Guiness
09-20-2015, 06:13 PM
They're saying it's a fractured clavicle - that's his season, isn't it? Is there even any point to Designated to return?

Joemailman
09-20-2015, 06:20 PM
So who can we definitely say are really good teams in NFC? Packers, probably Seattle, Arizona (as long as Carson Palmer stays healthy), maybe Atlanta?

pbmax
09-20-2015, 06:21 PM
So who can we definitely say are really good teams in NFC? Packers, probably Seattle, Arizona (as long as Carson Palmer stays healthy), maybe Atlanta?

You know its bad when people are seriously suggesting that Washington could win the NFC East.