PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week2 vs. Seahawks

pbmax
09-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Jayrone Elliot, Starks and ARod are the game MVPs.

Honorable mention to RichRod and defense in general.

red
09-20-2015, 11:00 PM
monty stepped up at the end

randall had that great play early, and we never heard from him again (which is a good thing for a cb)

mase is automatic

cobb had a big night over the middle

plus the guys you said

elliot needs more playing time, the guy just makes big plays

Bossman641
09-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Interior OL were great. Tackles were OK for the most part with Rodgers bailing them out a few times.

Thumbs up to Starks for shouldering the load.

I think the offense is still learning how to play without Jordy. Could be dangerous by the end of the year if some of the young guys come along.

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Yeah. Monty gets an honorable mention as well. Randall really looks like he can play. HHCD looked much better tonight. They did not throw at Shields, did they?

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:07 PM
WAIT! Was that a fourth quarter comeback?

It was! 11 points in 4th, to take it from 17-16 deficit to a 27-17 win.

Rutnstrut
09-20-2015, 11:08 PM
What about James Jones? He caught or drew PI on everything thrown his way. I really believe he is a solid, vital piece of this team.

Upnorth
09-20-2015, 11:08 PM
So when do we find out about Lacy and Adams?

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:09 PM
Russell Wilson

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 16m16 minutes ago
0-9 when Seattle allows 28+

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:10 PM

Might get rumors tonight. No hard info until tomorrow.

BZnDallas

I heard they had ankles... i kid i kid

Upnorth

Does it still count as winning a big game if you win by 10 and didn't need a game winning drive in the final 2 minutes? #Stillcan'twinthecloseones

Bossman641
09-20-2015, 11:11 PM

Still not a close game though. :bang:

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 17m17 minutes ago
Jordy Nelson is at the mouth of the tunnel in a gray sweatshirt and jeans (and beard) hugging each of his teammates as they come off field.

Brian Burke ‏@bburkeESPN 26m26 minutes ago
It is positively insane to risk injury to A.Rodgers on a draw for an unneeded TD. Either hand off or take a knee in the middle of the fld

BRIAN FORGETS ABOUT EVENTFUL EXPECTED ONSIDE KICKS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 26m26 minutes ago
Crosby coming on to try #FieldGoal for #Packers. This would be for 10-point lead and all-time franchise scoring record. #SEAvsGB

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 34m34 minutes ago
X-rays on Packers' RB Eddie Lacy's ankle were negative, per source. No firm time line yet on how much time Lacy could miss.

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Still not a close game though. :bang:

Yeah. Local media is tough. :lol:

Upnorth
09-20-2015, 11:14 PM
So lacy doesn't have an ankle BZnDallas

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:16 PM
Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 54m54 minutes ago
With 3 career TDs, Rodgers/Rodgers is now the 2nd most prolific same name TD combination in history http://www.footballperspective.com/aaron-rodgers-richard-rodgers-combine-for-historic-touchdown/ …

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:17 PM
So lacy doesn't have an ankle BZnDallas

That explains his sick spin move.

red
09-20-2015, 11:17 PM

adams was back in the game late

i would guess hes ok

ThunderDan
09-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Carroll bitching about Packers getting the ball back after Elliot's int and fumble.

BZnDallas
09-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Carroll bitching about Packers getting the ball back after Elliot's int and fumble.

Whinny BITCH! When the stripes call "Green Ball" no need to fight for ball anymore. Whinny BITCH!

ThunderDan
09-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Whinny BITCH! When the stripes call "Green Ball" no need to fight for ball anymore. Whinny BITCH!

Yup, if refs go into the pile and determine that one team has the ball it doesn't matter if the other team then pulls it out.

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy: Excited about the win. I'd like to thank the fans for an incredible atmosphere. Was electric tonight.
#GetLoudLambeau #SEAvsGB

McCarthy: We're 2-0. It was a great night here at Lambeau Field. #SEAvsGB

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 13m13 minutes ago
#GOPACK RT @RandallTime: 2-0 one week at a time... Back to the lab... #PACKERS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy on injuries: There were a lot of moving parts, but our guys just kept playing, and that's what good football teams do. #SEAvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8s8 seconds ago
McCarthy on Jayrone Elliott: He played big. He made two huge plays in the game. It's exciting. #SEAvsGB

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 25s25 seconds ago
MM: "You sleep better when you win." Going to go test that out... #GoPack

Joemailman
09-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Arod just said the TD to Dick Rod was a broken play. Linsley snapped the ball before they had a route called.

Joemailman
09-20-2015, 11:35 PM
Arod just said God was a Packer fan tonight. Zing!!

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
Rodgers: It was a good win for us, it's Week 2 though...It just means we're 2-0. #SEAvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
Rodgers on Richard Rodgers TD: The touchdown was actually a broken play...Snap was early & we didn't have a route called. #SEAvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
Rodgers on James Jones: He's giving us that third receiver...He made a great adjustment on the TD. #SEAvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers on when Seattle took the lead: I think we were really relaxed out there. There was just a calm confidence. #SEAvsGB

Rodgers: Great crowd tonight. Incredible noise. It was a playoff-like atmosphere.
#GetLoudLambeau #SEAvsGB

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPZlKgIUsAETOGo.jpg:large

ThunderDan
09-20-2015, 11:43 PM

That's so fucking stupid it is funny.

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:43 PM
Maybe best thing about tonight (other than a win)?

D seemed to adjust to whatever Seattle changed at halftime. Even with CMIII wearing the headset. And I am not sure the Defense needed another timeout after using up 2 in the first half.

gbgary
09-20-2015, 11:45 PM
yup...the d was good. let's hope lacy is ok.

pbmax
09-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Here is the "God is a Packer fan" bit.

https://vine.co/v/ePO7aPdnXdd

Joemailman
09-20-2015, 11:52 PM
Aaron Rodgers: 43-56, 438 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT. Hasn't won a close one though.

Pugger
09-21-2015, 12:19 AM
adams was back in the game late

i would guess hes ok

Adams did go back in but he really looked hobbled.

pittstang5
09-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Anyone notice McCarthy shaved his beard. Maybe he did it earlier in the week, but I didn't see it till last night and just realized it this morning.

Maxie the Taxi
09-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Maybe best thing about tonight (other than a win)?

D seemed to adjust to whatever Seattle changed at halftime. Even with CMIII wearing the headset. And I am not sure the Defense needed another timeout after using up 2 in the first half.

Agreed. When Wilson started to take over the game, Dom dialed up some blitzes and suddenly Wilson had to perform with guys in his face. That's when he started to make mistakes. I would have liked to have seen somebody spying Wilson, but the blitzes worked out. Credit Dom and the guys for being able to change up in mid-stream. In the past, Dom could be as stubborn as Stubby. I hope this new unstubby Dom stays for the rest of the season.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Agreed. When Wilson started to take over the game, Dom dialed up some blitzes and suddenly Wilson had to perform with guys in his face. That's when he started to make mistakes. I would have liked to have seen somebody spying Wilson, but the blitzes worked out. Credit Dom and the guys for being able to change up in mid-stream. In the past, Dom could be as stubborn as Stubby. I hope this new unstubby Dom stays for the rest of the season.

He was a little slow to adjust - but even two TD drives can wake up a napping Dom.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 10:41 AM
The vaunted St. Louis Rams defense, run by the vaunted Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams at the vaunted James Edward Olmos & Sons Dome held the Seachickens to 24 points.

The Defense carried the day in the first half while the offense figured out how to adjust after one monster drive.

It was good stuff. And with some more clean up, seems like it can get better. Even in mostly nickel, they were able to contain Lynch and wist.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
#Packers DT Josh Boyd has an MRI, but 1st diagnosis is not as bad as it seemed. He broke a small ankle bone, not expecting long-term absence

pbmax
09-21-2015, 11:18 AM
And Wilson v Rodgers 4: Who God Favors has started a debate on Twitter about who is wrong, because it seems someone must be.

https://twitter.com/JerryWindisch/status/645956041541332992

So far we have mentions of lepers, Pharisees, sinners, The Book of LeTroy, Matthew 6:6 and teleportation/alternate universes (if Guion has been driving in Colorado rather than Florida ...).

pbmax
09-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 47m47 minutes ago
@TomSilverstein: X-rays were negative on #Packers RB Eddie Lacy's ankle, according to a source. But the timetable for his return isn't known

pbmax
09-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
Last night's #Packers captains photo. #SEAvsGB

No photobomber help. Tolzien or Kuhn need to step it up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPcNKHXUEAAXoSL.jpg:large

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 12:07 PM
^^^ they couldn't be happier

Pugger
09-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Anyone notice McCarthy shaved his beard. Maybe he did it earlier in the week, but I didn't see it till last night and just realized it this morning.

He was clean shaven last week.

Guiness
09-21-2015, 01:25 PM

10pts, they still can't win the close ones:whaa:

gbgary
09-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 47m47 minutes ago
@TomSilverstein: X-rays were negative on #Packers RB Eddie Lacy's ankle, according to a source. But the timetable for his return isn't known

great news!

pbmax
09-21-2015, 01:36 PM
Better news:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
#Packers RB Eddie Lacy, who sprained his ankle last night against the #Seahawks, could actually play on #MNF vs. #Chiefs. Injury is minor.

Is the MRI technician for the Packers related to Ian, or do the Packers leak this to him under orders for NFL Network programming.

In other news, Romo does not have the kind of clavicle injury that takes the special tiny instruments to fix. He is out 8 weeks. Cowboys will probably only be behind the Redskins by a game or two at that point.

hoosier
09-21-2015, 01:50 PM
I find it a little shocking that (a) Lacy's "minor" injury would have kept him from weight bearing and (b) that any injury suffered by a Packer would ever be termed "minor" before that player actually returns to action and survives first contact. History should have taught us all by now that all injuries to Packer players occurring between the head and the metatarsals are potentially career threatening.

Smidgeon
09-21-2015, 02:07 PM
The vaunted St. Louis Rams defense, run by the vaunted Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams at the vaunted James Edward Olmos & Sons Dome held the Seachickens to 24 points.

The Defense carried the day in the first half while the offense figured out how to adjust after one monster drive.

It was good stuff. And with some more clean up, seems like it can get better. Even in mostly nickel, they were able to contain Lynch and wist.

And imagine what they could have done with their #1RT, #1WR, #1RB, and their #2 and #3 WRs not playing injured...

Fritz
09-21-2015, 02:13 PM
If you could combine Sam Barrington's run-stopping with Nate Palmer's coverage skills, you'd have an All-Pro inside linebacker...

Bossman641
09-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
#Packers DT Josh Boyd has an MRI, but 1st diagnosis is not as bad as it seemed. He broke a small ankle bone, not expecting long-term absence

That's surprising in a very good way. Normally when you see both teams instantly gesturing for the trainers to come out it's a real bad injury.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 03:22 PM
:D

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 22m22 minutes ago
Might be the most impressive win of the McCarthy era.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 36m36 minutes ago
On Packers' Eddie Lacy, it's a low-ankle sprain, as it looked like it would be. Very weak and sore, so status for Week 3 is in unclear.

Low ankle is better than high ankle, right?

pittstang5
09-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 36m36 minutes ago
On Packers' Eddie Lacy, it's a low-ankle sprain, as it looked like it would be. Very weak and sore, so status for Week 3 is in unclear.

Low ankle is better than high ankle, right?

Not sure if you're being funny or not - but yes. high ankle - he's out 4-6 weeks. Low ankle or your regular run of the mill "Ankle" Sprain. Could be days or couple weeks. All depends on severity, person...etc.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 06:21 PM
This game keeps getting more enjoyable:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/21/pete-carroll-blames-officiating-mistake-for-packers-biggest-play/

He's already talked about how Elliot lost the ball. Now he has a new complaint:

“Remember when they got us to jump offsides and then they get the 53-yard pass interference penalty?” Carroll said on ESPN 710 Seattle. “That’s a total mistake on the officials’ part. We jump offsides, their offensive line, the right guard and tackle stand up, the play’s dead. That play never happened. It never should have happened. It would have been a 5-yard penalty. It would have been second-and-12 backed up with 30 seconds left. That was a huge deal to us. It never should have gotten to that point. . . . That was the biggest play of the game for them, really.”

Carroll also says the officials shouldn’t have ejected Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wright for a skirmish that Carroll claims was more the fault of Packers tight end Richard Rodgers.

Must really sting, when you are used to being on the opposite side. Fail Mary.

vince
09-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Pathetic. Petey should probably stop complaining about blown referee calls against the Packers. What a contrast of class compared to McCarthy from a few years back.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 06:33 PM
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/7J9QK9BDqmnbSFtlPabgpsM-log=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4080928/foight.0.gif

pbmax
09-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Slightly longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRqE7krBQNc

red
09-21-2015, 06:37 PM
he was also throwing a shit fit in the first half and screaming at the ref that they "got it wrong", on the 12 men on the field penalty that was reviewed

the replay showed there was clearly 12 men on the field

the guy is fucking delusional

also, we see it at least once every two games where the team other then the one awarded the fumble comes out of the pile with it and no one gives a shit cause the ref already gave it to the other team

vince
09-21-2015, 06:39 PM
wish that gif lasted a couple seconds longer so we could see Lang jumping in too.

Rodgers had Wright dominated on the play so he pulls that shit. Rodgers' retaliation is totally justified. I'm a big DickRod fan after that.

Wait. I'll never be saying that again.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Remember a couple of years ago when they were all concerned about 'identifying the instigator?' Good times. Good Laughs.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Remember a couple of years ago when they were all concerned about 'identifying the instigator?' Good times. Good Laughs.

And the move against offsetting penalties?

Although, I think this offsetting penalties PLUS ejection has promise. That was an unusual step for any crew.

Lang's hit was also much more tame than I remember the replay. I thought he clocked Wright at speed. He really just shoved him aside. Good for him.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 07:15 PM
wish that gif lasted a couple seconds longer so we could see Lang jumping in too.

Rodgers had Wright dominated on the play so he pulls that shit. Rodgers' retaliation is totally justified. I'm a big DickRod fan after that.

Play the video.

run pMc
09-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Rodgers had him blocked and on skates, and the Packers were in control of the game at that point...so it was frustration by Wright. Rodgers fought back as he should, you shouldn't grab another guy's mask/helmet like that.

Also, Pete Carroll is an idiot.

Maxie the Taxi
09-21-2015, 07:28 PM
I thought the chinciest call of the game was at the end of the 3rd quarter when Pennel was called for lining up off sides. That negated Wilson's fumble and Neal's recovery.

Watch any NFL game --- any game --- and guys are lined up off sides every other play and no call is made. Seems very, very selective enforcement calling it on Pennel at that particular time.

Joemailman
09-21-2015, 07:33 PM

You don't have to. The internet is forever.

That looked a little scary the way Rodgers' head/neck appeared to get twisted. Maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked. Perhaps the helmet twisted more than the head. But it might have influenced the ref who ejected Wright.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 07:54 PM
Full House at M3's Monday PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy. Lacy here for treatment today. "We'll see how he moves around on Thursday."

Lacy played on a bum wheel for much of 2013: Fought through injury last six weeks. "Speaks volumes to him." Med. team is outstanding.

McCarthy on Adams, who did return: Similar situation to Lacy. Feels better today.

MM on the Seattle film: "It wasn't as good as it felt. That's really what Week 2 is." Lot to build on, hit many targets.

Too many penalties. Lost contain on the QB. Pass protection. Similar defense vs. KC on Monday.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h2 hours ago
McCarthy on James Starks: He's just a guy who takes advantage of his opportunities. I have a lot of respect for James Starks.

Starks: He's a "hell of a running back." Big part of SB run. "He's the ultimate teammate. Always puts the team first."

MM on run defense: "Our starts were night and day.... B.J. Raji had an outstanding game." Best game as a Packer in MM's opinion. Game ball.

MM on Joe Thomas: Good, young football player. Tough to see him released; great to have in mix: He's "one of our guys."

MM on 88 and 18 in backfield: Most important drive of the game. Excellent "change-up."

pbmax
09-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
Elliott's INT was a "giant play for us" Capers said. Then a "classic strip" to finish the game.

"Not as much ... as I'd like to rush him," Capers said of Matthews' role. That role will change.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
Capers on zone read: Everything starts with Lynch. Can't let him start downhill. Key was not letting him get started. They adjusted.

Capers on the DL: Good job. Helped hold LYnch to 2.7 per carry. Raji had one of better games. "Been a while ... really nice to see."

Capers: Most of their passes had Wilson out on the perimeter. We had to adjust. It was testing our containment.

Capers on tackling: "We can certainly make improvement there."

Last night was a "step in the right direction" Capers said of his defense.

Capers: Joe Thomas has been here. I think he did some good things. He has athletic ability in sub D he can help us there. See where he is.

UNSOUND!

pbmax
09-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Edgar or Clements up next. While you wait, here's Rodgers to Jones for the TD vs. Sherman http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1589821-can-t-miss-video-rodgers-to-jones-td …

Bennett on Cobb: Love his versatility. No. 1 thing that stands out. Instinctive, good decisions.

Bennett lists a whole bunch of things that Montgomery did. Broke tackles, north and south. "How do you build that trust with our QB?"

Bennett on R. Rodgers: Love the way Richard is extremely physical. He's violent on the boundary.

Trust with A. Rodgers starts in the classroom for a guy like Ty Montgomery. Then it's practice and the games.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46m46 minutes ago
Clements on the pass protection: "Individual players have to win their individual matchups." GB helped but not much.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 59m59 minutes ago
Clements on Aaron Rodgers: He's one of the best at it...He's able to maneuver in the pocket & buy some time...That was a great performance.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 60m60 minutes ago
Zook on the coverage units vs. Lockett. Did things we had to do. Great returner but another one this week.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 58m58 minutes ago
Zook on his units' strong start. Able to make adjustments, which shows the players are putting in the time.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57m57 minutes ago
Zook said players are buying in and the attitude is good. Good leadership.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57m57 minutes ago
Good night for Masthay. "We all know what he can do." like a pitcher/batter that gets in slump. Getting out of it now.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 51m51 minutes ago
One area where Zook seeks improvement is on punt return. Need to get Hyde started.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Jayrone Elliott now in the strip club

vince
09-22-2015, 07:43 AM
You don't have to. The internet is forever.

Fortunately Packerrats is buried deep, deep, deep in the nether lands of the internet.

pbmax
09-22-2015, 08:08 AM
From Wilde on how Elliot got more snaps: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=21851&is_corp=1

Jayrone Elliott’s two game-changing fourth-quarter plays were the direct result of … Eddie Lacy’s ankle injury?

Yes, that was the trickle-down of the Packers’ two-time 1,000-yard rusher leaving the game in the first half with an ankle injury which, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, is not a fracture. Because when Lacy left on a cart during the first quarter, it was the first domino in a personnel chain-reaction.

With Lacy out, James Starks took over as the Packers’ lead running back. With Starks in that role, he had to abdicate his special-teams responsibilities. That forced outside linebacker Andy Mulumba to fill Starks’ spots on special teams, but because Mulumba was part of the linebacker rotation on defense, someone had to pick up some of those snaps.

That someone was – you guessed it – Elliott, who made a fantastic one-handed interception when he diagnosed a screen pass and then cemented the victory by forcing a fumble on Seattle’s final possession.

Maxie the Taxi
09-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Now that Stubby has lost his beard, maybe if he cuts himself shaving, Jeff Janis will find himself in a game as a WR.

mraynrand
09-22-2015, 11:36 AM
From Wilde on how Elliot got more snaps: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=21851&is_corp=1

To think it all began with the flapping of a butterfly's wings.

Fritz
09-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Play the video.

You gotta love offensive linemen. You see which position group charged in to join the rucus and help a teammate? The O linemen.

vince
09-22-2015, 01:28 PM
More Banjo (http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Packers-Today-What-drives-Chris-Banjo/939000b8-cef6-44a2-abe5-df52b25523b5)

bobblehead
09-23-2015, 06:31 AM

But was it less than the arbitrary 5 minute mark in the 4th quarter??

bobblehead
09-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 54m54 minutes ago
With 3 career TDs, Rodgers/Rodgers is now the 2nd most prolific same name TD combination in history http://www.footballperspective.com/aaron-rodgers-richard-rodgers-combine-for-historic-touchdown/ …

"Note: Keyshawn wasn’t Brad Johnson’s first Johnson, either."

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

bobblehead
09-23-2015, 06:37 AM

WOW, Russell has the fastest growing beard EVER!!!

pbmax
09-23-2015, 09:56 AM
But was it less than the arbitrary 5 minute mark in the 4th quarter??

Also noted previously, not a close win.

pbmax
09-23-2015, 09:58 AM
All of you need to get off of the JSO comment board.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 11m11 minutes ago
JUST ONE,try it pleasssseee...
PASS TO JANIS!!! DOES THE GUY EXIST- EXCEPT ON ON SPECIAL TEAMS?

deake
09-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Did anyone else notice the amount of camera time Petey received? Seemed like he was on camera between every play.

Fritz
09-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Yes, I did.

I was surprised he was allowed to stay up that late to coach the game. Second graders start pretty early Monday mornings.

deake
09-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Lang got fined $8681 for his part in the farcas on Sunday according to ESPN Wisconsin. Do you suppose the other guys will pitch in and pay it?

denverYooper
09-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Montgomery will be Green Bay's #1 WR in 3 years.

denverYooper
09-23-2015, 09:16 PM
And Richard Rodgers >> Finley.

denverYooper
09-23-2015, 09:33 PM
It's too bad the defense gave up that garbage time touchdown to Bennett in week 1, otherwise they're looking pretty sweet on the all-important ppg metric.

As it is, they look like they've started to turn a corner and operate more cohesively. When they adjusted to Wilson's running after the first couple of drives in the 3rd quarter by being disciplined and keeping him pretty well hemmed in, I felt pretty happy about that.

pbmax
09-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Lang got fined $8681 for his part in the farcas on Sunday according to ESPN Wisconsin. Do you suppose the other guys will pitch in and pay it?

Lang is on his second deal, Rodgers on his first. Doubt it, but if I were Rodgers, I'd at least buy him a meal. It was well done by Lang.

pbmax
09-23-2015, 10:05 PM

Do you think he excels outside or just in the slot?

vince
09-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Nice. He could drop weight and be faster but I'm not convinced that's best. His uniqueness includes creating mismatches underneath, slashing in space and punishing DB's who are unfortunate enough to have to deal with him downfield.

Maybe he could drop a few pounds to ensure he doesn't lose a step, but Monty could be the Jermichael Finley that never was. I can't see him being the redzone threat perhaps (Ty won't be a slouch in the red zone though), but he's already a better blocker than Finley ever wanted to be. That's not saying much because Finley sucked as a blocker, but at the same time Monty's shown that he's not only as fast, but as physical as receivers come. He's already shown not only his skill, but willingness to get after it blocking downfield to help spring his teammates.

Adding Montgomery to the mix of Lacy, Starks, an improved DickRod (love that guy), Adams, Jones, and Cobb - and that's a group that can physically beat your guys in a bunch of different ways.

It's scary to think about how good they'd be looking right now with Nelson taking the top off of defenses too. Though we probably wouldn't be talking about Ty right now if Nelson were healthy.

mraynrand
09-24-2015, 07:10 AM

The precision of the fine raises questions in my mind

mraynrand
09-24-2015, 07:11 AM
Lang is on his second deal, Rodgers on his first. Doubt it, but if I were Rodgers, I'd at least buy him a meal. It was well done by Lang.

I think he should cook him a roast - he has the mitts for it.