PDA

View Full Version : "God was a Packer Fan Tonight"

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2015, 12:26 AM
OK, this doesn't really merit a thread topic. But Arod's sly poke at Russell Wilson is pretty damn funny.

I hope the media yuck-yucks have some fun with this.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 06:09 AM
The canon is closed

yetisnowman
09-21-2015, 05:28 PM
OK, this doesn't really merit a thread topic. But Arod's sly poke at Russell Wilson is pretty damn funny.

I hope the media yuck-yucks have some fun with this.

I'm glad you made a thread about it. Russell's post game spiel about "God is Great, all the time God is great"was completely inappropriate. I equate it to a tornado rumbling through your neighborhood and leveling your neighbors house, leaving yours miraculously unscathed... and that is your response. I was so sick and angry after the game that hearing him bring God into the outcome just cemented what was already a strong, burning hatred of the Seahawks and their qb. I was ecstatic with how they lost in Super Bowl...I call it Karma. I was overjoyed at A-Rod trolling him like this, he absolutley deserved it. Some may call it immature, but I love it.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm glad you made a thread about it. Russell's post game spiel about "God is Great, all the time God is great"was completely inappropriate. I equate it to a tornado rumbling through your neighborhood and leveling your neighbors house, leaving yours miraculously unscathed... and that is your response. I was so sick and angry after the game that hearing him bring God into the outcome just cemented what was already a strong, burning hatred of the Seahawks and their qb. I was ecstatic with how they lost in Super Bowl...I call it Karma. I was overjoyed at A-Rod trolling him like this, he absolutley deserved it. Some may call it immature, but I love it.

Jesus loves you

bobblehead
09-21-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm glad Arod has the chip back on his shoulder. He is better when he is feeling disrespected. By the way, I thought he was taller.

yetisnowman
09-21-2015, 09:55 PM
Jesus loves you

This I know!

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2015, 12:14 AM
For Russell Wilson tells me so

Infamous
09-28-2015, 09:53 AM
CERTAINLY an immature comment..he should be better than that!! TONS of pro athletes invoked god into their post game comments; why troll someone's faith? OF COURSE god doesn't love one person or team more than others. Rodgers just needs to improve upon his 2-4 post superbowl playoff record, not gloat over a week 2 win. jerk tendencies always glaringly obvious with this guy under the guise of "chip on shoulder." I thought NFL qbs had a brotherhood; most are classy....

GO BADGERS!

gbgary
09-28-2015, 09:57 AM
t'was a joke. nothing for anyone to take seriously. arod has a great sense of humor.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2015, 11:30 AM
TONS of pro athletes invoked god into their post game comments; why troll someone's faith?

When Russell Wilson says that God intervened to allow his team to triumph, he is the offensive jerk.

Arod said nothing more or less ridiculous than what Russell Wilson said. If people choose to insult others by claiming God is on their side in an athletic contest, their ridiculousness deserves parody just like all other ridiculousness in this world.

pbmax
09-28-2015, 11:45 AM
snip ... I thought NFL qbs had a brotherhood; most are classy....

Of course they are.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/philip_rivers_doublej.png

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1254076!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/colin-kaepernick.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1piy8Zxddw

None of them ever falter or have a bad moment. Tiny little angels who just through luck and good timing are at the top of their profession. There is nothing inherently selfish about that kind of pursuit at all.

Bossman641
09-28-2015, 11:56 AM
CERTAINLY an immature comment..he should be better than that!! TONS of pro athletes invoked god into their post game comments; why troll someone's faith? OF COURSE god doesn't love one person or team more than others. Rodgers just needs to improve upon his 2-4 post superbowl playoff record, not gloat over a week 2 win. jerk tendencies always glaringly obvious with this guy under the guise of "chip on shoulder." I thought NFL qbs had a brotherhood; most are classy....

GO BADGERS!

There's nothing wrong with thanking God after a win. But for Wilson to insinuate that God planned for him to play like shit in the NFCCG just so he could then turn around and have the dramatic win?? Come on.

MadScientist
09-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Most players talking about their god post game come across in a grating sort of way, but Wilson really took the cake with comments that were really claiming how important he was to his god. Rodgers trolling was so well deserved.

sharpe1027
09-28-2015, 02:53 PM

GO BADGERS!

Why? Because many people found it to be funny. I found Wilson's comments odd, even for a professional athlete (and I appreciate his time as a Badger). If his comments were more inline with the usual staements, Rodgers' comments would not have been so funny.

Rodgers' playoff performance has nothing to do with the joke.

Fritz
09-28-2015, 03:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with thanking God after a win. But for Wilson to insinuate that God planned for him to play like shit in the NFCCG just so he could then turn around and have the dramatic win?? Come on.

Personally, I like the idea of a god who sits around thinking about the NFC title game and how he's gonna fuck with people so in the end his buddy Russ can enjoy the whole thing even more.

mraynrand
09-28-2015, 04:09 PM

God has a weird sense of humor and drama. Remember when Gene Hackman cursed god and proclaimed works righteousness in "The Poseidon Adventure?" God let him have it.

mraynrand
09-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Personally, I like the idea of a god who sits around thinking about the NFC title game and how he's gonna fuck with people so in the end his buddy Russ can enjoy the whole thing even more.

ISIS probably took the weekend off and God was a little bored.

Carolina_Packer
09-28-2015, 04:34 PM
http://s8.postimg.org/v2d7w24qd/Shazam_Isis1.jpg

Hey, you never know, it could have been Shazam for that matter!

mraynrand
09-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Shazam seems more like the god of Michael Sam. I mean, look at that outfit and that hair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7TR4ixOkhM

pbmax
09-28-2015, 04:46 PM

Come to think of it, I do love The Odyssey. The valiant effort to return home from the Pacific Northwest as your loved ones are home waiting, being preyed upon by opportunistic Bear fans and other sycophants. Suffering the Gods' own wrath as obstacle after obstacle are placed in your path because of your perceived failures in late game/war situations. Some ascribe this to hubris or other character flaws, while you and your team know that putting yourself on the line for the world and Gods to see carries with it its own reward (arete or perhaps a participation trophy). Coming forth from hidden places to challenge the strongest and most successful is the only way for a Greek or QB to live. Otherwise you are wearing out your punter while down 2 scores like that Carthaginian John Fox.

mraynrand
09-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Gods will be Gods
But my Lord forgot
I was made out of skin
Bones will be bones
But when I came home
There was no one in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAXnikgHTK0