PDA

View Full Version : Jordy Replacement, Part Deux

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2015, 02:17 AM
I'm sticking with Montgomery miracle. Cobb stock rising. Is Jones good enough?

smuggler
09-21-2015, 02:41 AM
Monty looked solid against the Seachickies. Hopefully he can develop and make us forget about Janis.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 06:13 AM
there will be no replacement. The offense has to adjust as none of the guys has the deep speed of Jordy. Those double move deep strikes just aren't gonna happen. Maybe Janis, but it looks like they don't like him.

Maxie the Taxi
09-21-2015, 09:43 AM
I agree with Rand. They will compensate for Jordy's absence by spreading the ball around. I was never comfortable relying on Cobb to "replace" Jordy. Cobb's forte is shorter routes and YAC. He's not a consistent deep threat. For that, they'll have to use all the guys they got on occasion.

ThunderDan
09-21-2015, 09:57 AM
I can't believe you didn't put Kuhn's name up for the second poll.

Bossman641
09-21-2015, 10:49 AM
The primary outside will be Adams. The real replacement for Jordy though will be the short passing game. Rodgers will still take shots when he gets guys to jump; but Cobb has always done his best work in the 8-20 yard area, Jones most likely doesn't have the speed to get deep, and Adams is still finding his way.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2015, 10:52 AM
I wish I could add red's NOW WITH MORE BOOBS!!!® slogan to this updated poll.

Rand, Maxie, we know there will be no complete replacement for Jordy by one guy. As Coach Mac would say, "It will be a team effort to replace Jordy's production. We have to stay positive and play with good pad level."

Still, somebody will eventually emerge as the leading outside WR. Even if all the receivers are special in God's eyes, and all are above average, one guy will have most yards-per-catch, and perhaps most receptions.

We've been through this before, you boobs.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 10:59 AM
I wish I could add red's NOW WITH MORE BOOBS!!!® slogan to this updated poll.

Rand, Maxie, we know there will be no complete replacement for Jordy by one guy. As Coach Mac would say, "It will be a team effort to replace Jordy's production. We have to stay positive and play with good pad level."

Still, somebody will eventually emerge as the leading outside WR. Even if all the receivers are special in God's eyes, and all are above average, one guy will have most yards-per-catch, and perhaps most receptions.

We've been through this before, you boobs.

why don't you start another poll?

No shit, some other receiver will emerge to take his catches, and if that's your point, the answer is Adams, barring injury. If you're instead asking if his skill set will be replaced, well, I answered that too. Most likely, I will be wrong in either case.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2015, 11:11 AM
http://www.susanthatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_1004.jpg

ThunderDan
09-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Monty looked solid against the Seachickies. Hopefully he can develop and make us forget about Janis.

Sherman had a quote after the game something to the effect of, "They still have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball."

pbmax
09-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Sherman had a quote after the game something to the effect of, "They still have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball."

There is a reason he went to Stanford I guess.

mraynrand
09-21-2015, 11:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WZbnMf13D0

Pugger
09-21-2015, 12:57 PM

I think seeing Monty out there last night instead of Janis spoke volumes and that is not good news for Jeff. He's been in this offense longer but is having a difficult time seeing offensive playing time and punt/kick returns.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Jeff Janis is a physical marvel though. He's going to get every chance. Seems like the kiss of death to say you hope the light goes on for him at some point, but maybe he is on Brian Williams schedule.

http://www.footballperspective.com/pittsburghs-aaron-donald-was-your-combine-mvp/

HarveyWallbangers
09-21-2015, 02:38 PM
The light will go on for Janis, but you are looking at a similar progression as Bill Schroeder. Schroeder had 33 receptions total in his first four years. He followed that up with three consecutive 900+ yard seasons.

Patler
09-21-2015, 03:15 PM
Donald Driver had 37 total receptions his first 3 seasons (3, 21 and 13). I've heard he did quite well after that.

Maxie the Taxi
09-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Has anyone heard or read what is holding Janis back? Is it physical? Route running? Playbook apprehension? Chemistry with Rodgers? ????

vince
09-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Adams needs to head north more when he catches the short ones instead of east, west and then south.

Maybe he'll take notes when reviewing a couple of Monty's catches from last night.

pbmax
09-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Has anyone heard or read what is holding Janis back? Is it physical? Route running? Playbook apprehension? Chemistry with Rodgers? ????

Fair question because when the lost one wideout, they put a slot guy in the game (Monty).

Patler
09-21-2015, 03:43 PM

Van Pelt said at the end of camp that it is only consistency. He said he made huge strides since last year, now just needs to do it every play.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Second half of the season is going to be interesting. I still say somebody will emerge as the downfield threat. Jones and Cobb look unlikely. Monty and Addams are the leading candidates. I like Monty's chances more than Gomez's. Janis and Abbey wait in wings as epic fuckdoggle candidates.