PDA

View Full Version : Kam Chancellor fines

Guiness
09-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Looks like the Seahawks intend to lay the boots to Kam Chancellor, and make him cough up at least a part of the fines he owes, and maybe even repay some or all of the $500K portion of the signing bonus they could recoup.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/27/report-seahawks-will-take-sizable-chunk-from-kam-chancellor/#comment-4561275

I can't see them going to full monty, it would cause a pile of dissent and you have to think FAs would stay away from there for a while, but who knows?

I have to say though, this whole situation has just hammered home how crazy the NFL CBA surrounding contracts is. Teams can break a contract at any time and pretty much walk away. Players are locked in. I get that MLB style guaranteed contracts aren’t going to happen, but the players should have the ability to tear up a contract the same way the teams do. Just make them refund the pro-rated portion of the signing bonus.

pbmax
09-27-2015, 01:59 PM
They have to get something. They redid Beat Mode early and someone else early. They couldn't give in here with 3 years to go on the deal. And I suspect they want some money in fines to send the message home. They'll redo your deal in due course, but not whenever the player would wish.

I am a bit surprised he came in, but the rumored word is that Allen was involved and he was firm in not giving in. Might have convinced Chancellor that no on field result would get him enough leverage.

Patler
09-27-2015, 04:51 PM
So, how long before Chancellor sustains a significant injury? Hold outs who don't come back until TC is done don't have a good record for durability in the season of their hold outs.

pbmax
09-27-2015, 04:54 PM
So, how long before Chancellor sustains a significant injury? Hold outs who don't come back until TC is done don't have a good record for durability in the season of their hold outs.

Its not going to be against Chicago. The entire game when the Bears have the ball has taken place with 5 yards on either side of the LOS.

Fritz
09-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Its not going to be against Chicago. The entire game when the Bears have the ball has taken place with 5 yards on either side of the LOS.

That's because...

THE BEARS SUCK!!!