PDA

View Full Version : Moving game times

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2015, 03:54 PM
I see two good NFL games this upcoming weekend, Packers @ San Fran, Minnesota @ Denver. Both late afternoon games on FOX, so only get to watch 1.

Just a lot of turkey matchups, altho maybe I'm missing something.

When can the NFL shuffle games? Sure would be nice to swap out that Dallas-New Orleans Sunday night game.

pbmax
09-28-2015, 04:53 PM
I see two good NFL games this upcoming weekend, Packers @ San Fran, Minnesota @ Denver. Both late afternoon games on FOX, so only get to watch 1.

Just a lot of turkey matchups, altho maybe I'm missing something.

When can the NFL shuffle games? Sure would be nice to swap out that Dallas-New Orleans Sunday night game.

Last six weeks of the season. NFL does change start times then as well.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2015, 07:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

Just curious, can anybody spot a game on this week's schedule that you want to watch other than a late afternoon Sunday game?
Maybe there are just a lot of bad teams in NFL so far.

Packgator
10-01-2015, 11:29 PM
The early games here on Sunday are, Carolina @ Tampa Bay (FOX) and Jacksonville @ Indianapolis (CBS). That's about as bad as it can get. We do get the Packers for the late game.

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The early games here on Sunday are, Carolina @ Tampa Bay (FOX) and Jacksonville @ Indianapolis (CBS). That's about as bad as it can get. We do get the Packers for the late game.

You're in Florida though. Don't get crap games on a weekly basis?

smuggler
10-01-2015, 11:55 PM
Yep Harv. In the 90s, it was enough to push me to studying. Instead of watching the Falcons or Saints.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2015, 12:03 AM
I have a hunch the Baltimore-Pittsburgh game tonight will be a real dogfight.

The Sunday morning Jets-Miami game could be OK just because.

Packgator
10-02-2015, 12:05 AM
You're in Florida though. Don't get crap games on a weekly basis?

Yes, stuck with Tampa and/or Jax nearly every week. The good news is we've had a large number of Packer games the last few years. Off to a good start this year as the Bears game (week 1) was on and so is this weeks game. The streak will probably end next week as Tampa and GB play at the same time. Chargers at GB in week 6 at 4:25 will almost certainly be on here. That will give me 5 out of the first 6. Not sure how it shapes up after that.

Packgator
10-02-2015, 12:09 AM
I have a hunch the Baltimore-Pittsburgh game tonight will be a real dogfight.

I agree, I'm expecting a 23-20 in overtime type game.

Pugger
10-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Yes, it sucks that all 3 FL teams stink this year. We don't usually get Jax games but we do get all the Tampa and Miami games. :p

Pugger
10-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Yes, stuck with Tampa and/or Jax nearly every week. The good news is we've had a large number of Packer games the last few years. Off to a good start this year as the Bears game (week 1) was on and so is this weeks game. The streak will probably end next week as Tampa and GB play at the same time. Chargers at GB in week 6 at 4:25 will almost certainly be on here. That will give me 5 out of the first 6. Not sure how it shapes up after that.

Tampa and GB play at the same time next week? Oh well, off to the Packer bar we go.

MadScientist
10-02-2015, 09:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

Just curious, can anybody spot a game on this week's schedule that you want to watch other than a late afternoon Sunday game?
Maybe there are just a lot of bad teams in NFL so far.

The KC-CIN game has some potential, and maybe the NYG-BUF game as well. Honestly the late games aren't great match-ups either, but the Packers are playing and that trumps everything else.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Honestly the late games aren't great match-ups either
Kaepernick has had PAcker's number in San Fran, this is not a gimme.

Minnesota-Denver not a great match-up!? Hard to see more compelling matchup.

Also, I'm anxious to watch any Arizona game.

NFL apparently accommodates networks by placing better games late afternoon, ratings must be prime. That sucks for obvious reasons - only one good game televised regionally. Well, also the West Coast teams can't play early game, that already biases everything later.

I guess the super fans can buy some sort NFL package and record any game they want.

Smidgeon
10-02-2015, 12:30 PM
How many games will it take for Manning to prove that he's done?

Tony Oday
10-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Stop being cheap and buy the NFL Ticket!

Packgator
10-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Stop being cheap and buy the NFL Ticket!

If NFL Ticket was available on cable I'd have it in a heartbeat. I'll never understand why the NFL isn't willing to go that route.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Well, I could stream NFL Ticket through Roku for $50 per month. A monthly stream to Madtown's mom's live peep show is only $35. I can't justify both.

Freak Out
10-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Well, I could stream NFL Ticket through Roku for $50 per month.

??

King Friday
10-02-2015, 09:50 PM
How many games will it take for Manning to prove that he's done?

That's the question of the year in the AFC, since I'm not sure anyone in that conference can stand up to New England. Since 2013, his statistical body of work suggests a considerable decline...especially in completion percentage. The guy can barely get the ball 20 yards downfield anymore. At this point in his career, there is no reversing the unfavorable trend, and the chances are strong that it will accelerate as this season wears on. Unless the Broncos can somehow cobble together a run game, Manning is going to get pounded into a pulp this year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Vikings give Denver a game this week.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2015, 10:01 PM
??

You can stream NFL Ticket without subscribing to satellite
https://nflst.directv.com/

Rastak
10-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Well, I could stream NFL Ticket through Roku for $50 per month. A monthly stream to Madtown's mom's live peep show is only $35. I can't justify both.

Dammit Harlan, you made me spit out my beer again.....:laugh: