09-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Week 1: Nate Palmer
Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
Week 3: Joe Thomas

That is all.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Waitaminit.

I think week three was still in question. Who christened YOU the supreme executive authority on the BFA?

Maxie the Taxi
09-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Waitaminit.

I think week three was still in question. Who christened YOU the supreme executive authority on the BFA?

Rand?

Fritz
09-30-2015, 01:33 PM

That is all.

Part of me hopes there will never be another Barney Fuckdoogle Award, because if there is, it means a starter's gotten hurt (most likely).

But if there is to be another this week, who are the prime candidates?

I'm going to go with Chris Banjo.

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Waitaminit.

First, I will hear appeals for changes to week 3. Second, please refrain from questioning the validity of a thread that contains the word "official."

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Part of me hopes there will never be another Barney Fuckdoogle Award, because if there is, it means a starter's gotten hurt (most likely).

How about Alonzo Harris or maybe even Abbracadabra?

Fritz
09-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Well, I'd like it to be Harris or Abby-normal, but only if it's because as a safety precaution they're holding Lacey or Adams out.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 01:44 PM
First, I will hear appeals for changes to week 3. Second, please refrain from questioning the validity of a thread that contains the word "official."

How are we supposed to appeal if we cannot question the content, therein? Can you explain the process by which such appeals may be filed?

Maxie the Taxi
09-30-2015, 01:50 PM
If the award is given to the player who comes out of nowhere to give a great performance, how is it possible to nominate future prime candidates for the award. Wouldn't that imply we can know where nowhere is?

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 01:56 PM
If the award is given to the player who comes out of nowhere to give a great performance, how is it possible to nominate future prime candidates for the award. Wouldn't that imply we can know where nowhere is?

I believe the criteria is out of nowhere relative to their draft/fa status and as viewed by other fans. GB fans (or at least here at packerrats) tend to know all the players down to the practice squad and even most of those that were cut.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2015, 02:01 PM

Exactly. You got to be firm with the riff-raff around here, they'd complain about the rope they were being hung on.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Fuckin thing is making my neck itch.

Smidgeon
09-30-2015, 02:06 PM

Well, the award is incumbent upon someone to get injured or unable to play or plays exceptional in their tiny rotational snaps.

Palmer stepped in for Barrington.
Elliot had five snaps and caused two turnovers.
Thomas replaced Matthews at dime ILB when Matthews rushed from the OLB position when the Packers were ahead.

So unless we're predicting another injury (e.g. if Cobb aggrevates his shoulder and Monty puts together a 100 yd day, Crosby stubs his toe and Starks wins a game with a 45 yd kick) which are not truly predictable and never desirable, the next fuckdoogle winner is likely to come from those players with only a few snaps in the rotation: Janis, Gaston, Gunter, etc.

I hereby make a motion that Mulumba is also no longer eligible should he start performing due to the number of opportunities he has already had.

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 02:07 PM
How are we supposed to appeal if we cannot question the content, therein? Can you explain the process by which such appeals may be filed?

The award winners can be discussed without questioning the validity of powers granted by having the word "official" in the thread title. I like Goodell's style. Therefore, I will tell you what the process is only after you fail to meet the requirements of the process.

Maxie the Taxi
09-30-2015, 02:07 PM
I believe the criteria is out of nowhere relative to their draft/fa status and as viewed by other fans. GB fans (or at least here at packerrats) tend to know all the players down to the practice squad and even most of those that were cut.

Then let me be the first to nominate TE Blake Annen as a future prime candidate.

Smidgeon
09-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Then let me be the first to nominate TE Blake Annen as a future prime candidate.

Seems like it, but he'd be the fuckdooglest of fuckdoogles if he makes it since he's fresh to the practice squad and hasn't yet made it to the 53.

In fact, I put forth Josh Walker as a potential, if there's another line injury.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 02:15 PM
The award winners can be discussed without questioning the validity of powers granted by having the word "official" in the thread title. I like Goodell's style. Therefore, I will tell you what the process is only after you fail to meet the requirements of the process.

Ah. This almost makes sense.

I do believe that we are over complicating the matter, however. In the source material whence the Barney Fuckdoggle name was born in a heavenly light, the great sage, Chris Collingsworthless was quoted as really liking this Fuckdoggle guy. I do believe, Mr. Cullingsbutterwirth is the ultimate arbiter on whether one is worthy of the BFA.

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Ah. This almost makes sense.

I do believe that we are over complicating the matter, however. In the source material whence the Barney Fuckdoggle name was born in a heavenly light, the great sage, Chris Collingsworthless was quoted as really liking this Fuckdoggle guy. I do believe, Mr. Cullingsbutterwirth is the ultimate arbiter on whether one is worthy of the BFA.

Agreed. I will maintain order in the absence of direction from the great sage.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Let it be written.

pbmax
09-30-2015, 02:22 PM
Wow. That escalated quickly.

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Seems like it, but he'd be the fuckdooglest of fuckdoogles if he makes it since he's fresh to the practice squad and hasn't yet made it to the 53.

In fact, I put forth Josh Walker as a potential, if there's another line injury.

Good call out.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Idle hands, my friend, idle hands.........

pbmax
09-30-2015, 02:29 PM

Its the (Craig) Heimburger Uncertainty Principle.

bobblehead
09-30-2015, 04:03 PM
I just feel like it should be Barney McFuckdoggle. Not sure why, but the Mc makes it complete.

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 04:05 PM
I just feel like it should be Barney McFuckdoggle. Not sure why, but the Mc makes it complete.

Your suggestion is duly noted and denied. Good idea, but the official thread title is already set.

Maxie the Taxi
09-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Your suggestion is duly noted and denied. Good idea, but the official thread title is already set.

I'm with bobblehead. I appeal your denial...with an amendment: that it should be Stubby McFuckdoggle, which seems so complete as to be damn near inherent.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 05:24 PM

You need to cool your jets. You're gonna do to the Barney Fuckdoggle what Reebok did to CrossFit. Take something cool, original, cutting edge and turn it into so much mainstream pablum. You might as well turn it into the fucking ESPY's fer chrissakes.

The Fuckdoggle is about the underdog, the no name, the one in a million chance, not the 25 ga-jillion served.

And you are a true sonuvabitch, I now can't get "McFuckDoggle" out of my head.

pbmax
09-30-2015, 05:32 PM
McDogglefuck rolls off the tongue better than McFuckdoggle.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2015, 05:49 PM

Man, I love the cut of your jib. Hard but unfair. I'm a sucker for a dictator who projects strength and honor.

mraynrand
09-30-2015, 05:57 PM
You need to cool your jets. You're gonna do to the Barney Fuckdoggle what Reebok did to CrossFit. Take something cool, original, cutting edge and turn it into so much mainstream pablum. You might as well turn it into the fucking ESPY's fer chrissakes.

The Fuckdoggle is about the underdog, the no name, the one in a million chance, not the 25 ga-jillion served.

And you are a true sonuvabitch, I now can't get "McFuckDoggle" out of my head.

I used to work at the golden arches - we got used to putting "Mc" in front of everything. "McCumby, you're just being a total McFucker," we'd say.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 06:52 PM
McRand, you may Mckiss my McEverlovin' McAss.

Is that McRight?

Guiness
09-30-2015, 07:36 PM

That is all.

Waitaminutehere! JJ, the old hand, got an exemption and a lot of support for the week 1 award!

sharpe1027
09-30-2015, 08:12 PM
Waitaminutehere! JJ, the old hand, got an exemption and a lot of support for the week 1 award!

JJ is a pretty well known name. Revival of a career does not fit the mold since the premise is nobody knows the guy, thus calling him Barney Fuckdoggle instead of his actual name.

George Cumby
09-30-2015, 08:25 PM
What. The. Fuck.

JJ got the FuckDoggle week one.

Cheesehead Craig
10-01-2015, 07:49 AM
I can't wait for "red's super awesome unofficial Barney Fuckdoggle Award thread"

wootah
10-01-2015, 07:54 AM
I just hope he doesn't take it literally.

mraynrand
10-01-2015, 07:55 AM
I'd just like to point out that Don Barclay looks like a fuckdoggle:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/003/889/486/hi-res-9894290009456ba430df36ea2539e052_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

mraynrand
10-01-2015, 07:55 AM
I just hope he doesn't take it literally.

woof

run pMc
10-01-2015, 08:32 AM
JJ is a pretty well known name. Revival of a career does not fit the mold since the premise is nobody knows the guy, thus calling him Barney Fuckdoggle instead of his actual name.

I think JJ would be more of a Bruce Wilkerson award candidate than a Barney FuckDoggle award. I'm thinking of getting a jersey with McFuckDoggle on it. It'd be like McLovin, but better.

Maxie the Taxi
10-01-2015, 08:37 AM

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/003/889/486/hi-res-9894290009456ba430df36ea2539e052_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

From the numbers down he looks like FeastMode.

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 09:29 AM
What. The. Fuck.

JJ got the FuckDoggle week one.

Chiefs at Packers: The Packers have a knack for having unheralded players step up and play well when it matters most and it is fucking INFURIATING. I would like the loss of a star player to crush them. But NO… no, they always have some asshole behind him ready to go because they’re committed to internal player development because they’re so goddamn PERFECT. Bah! I want scrubs to be SCRUBS. I want to be able to laugh at a rival team for having to put Barney Fuckdoggle in at corner or whatever. It’s a real let-down when Barney turns into a hidden gem, and Collinsworth is like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!” That never happens with my team. With my team, the shitty players are shitty.

I agree that JJ played better and also that it was a surprise to many, but is that what this award is about? The quote above talks about finding a "hidden gem" from a scrub without a real name (they might as well be named "Barney Fuckdoggle.") James Jones is relatively well-known outside of GB, and there was a lot of fanfare around his return - national articles, etc.

What do you think? Is JJ a Barney Fuckdoggle?

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Double Post

Maxie the Taxi
10-01-2015, 10:26 AM
What do you think? Is JJ a Barney Fuckdoggle?

No. Fuckdoggleness presupposes that Barney is a "scrub." JJ was not a "scrub."

George Cumby
10-01-2015, 10:34 AM
But JJ was cut by two teams this off season. One of which was the Raiders. He was released by the Packers last year to make room for Jarrett Boinkin. The argument can be made that JJ was fished out of the disposal, no one else wanted him.

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 10:42 AM
But JJ was cut by two teams this off season. One of which was the Raiders. He was released by the Packers last year to make room for Jarrett Boinkin. The argument can be made that JJ was fished out of the disposal, no one else wanted him.

JJ's career may have been resurrected from the scrap heap, but do you think he is just some scrub nobody has heard of? There certainly are plenty of similarities, but is JJ really a guy that Chris Collinsworth would be like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!”? Collinsworth already knows all about JJ from his past time at Green Bay, as do many people, so I just don't see it personally.

Maxie the Taxi
10-01-2015, 10:52 AM

Very astute point. The argument hinges on what the definition of "scrub" is, not only among us, but more importantly what was the original intent of the author with regard to the meaning of "scrub" when he first used the word?

This debate is rapidly progressing to a point that is vastly above my pay grade.:huh:

Smidgeon
10-01-2015, 11:17 AM
JJ's career may have been resurrected from the scrap heap, but do you think he is just some scrub nobody has heard of? There certainly are plenty of similarities, but is JJ really a guy that Chris Collinsworth would be like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!”? Collinsworth already knows all about JJ from his past time at Green Bay, as do many people, so I just don't see it personally.

Everyone was predicting James Jones would resign with the Pack if he got cut by the Giants. He did. Everyone expected that. How does him getting cut by two teams--one the Raiders and one with a deep, young WR bench--turn him into a scrub? If he was a scrub, no one would want him.

James Jones by virtue of either of his career success or his expected signing and contribution is ineligible.

pbmax
10-01-2015, 11:22 AM
I think JJ would be more of a Bruce Wilkerson award candidate than a Barney FuckDoggle award. I'm thinking of getting a jersey with McFuckDoggle on it. It'd be like McLovin, but better.

Yes. He is on the watch list.

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Name recognition seems to be important from the origin of the award. JJ has a lot of name recognition, it is from his performances in past years, but it is still there.

Let's keep this as simple as possible, so I propose the following guidelines (they can be ignored in special cases):

1. No high draft picks absent extenuating circumstances. Maybe, 4th round and lower.
2. Nobody that has had significant time as a starter in prior years.

Criteria that are to be considered:
1. How unknown they are to the average football fan.
2. Their level of their play any given week.
3. How long they have been with the team (recent pickups get extra points).
4. Other considerations that make their success unexpected and noteworthy (e.g., poor combine numbers; lack of college credentials).

pbmax
10-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Does Barclay get some credit toward Fuckdoggle-ness due to his horrid preseason? He was playing like death warmed over for a good portion of it.

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Does Barclay get some credit toward Fuckdoggle-ness due to his horrid preseason? He was playing like death warmed over for a good portion of it.

I think he would have won it two years ago. This year, he is too well known.

pbmax
10-01-2015, 11:28 AM
If the spirit of the original blog post matters (Deadspin), than being unknown to the outside public is important. JJ would not qualify under that consideration.

Smidgeon
10-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Name recognition seems to be important from the origin of the award. JJ has a lot of name recognition, it is from his performances in past years, but it is still there.

Let's keep this as simple as possible, so I propose the following guidelines (they can be ignored in special cases):

1. No high draft picks absent extenuating circumstances. Maybe, 4th round and lower.

4. Other considerations that make their success unexpected and noteworthy (e.g., poor combine numbers; lack of college credentials).

I would submit that draft picks not expected to contribute early on who are forced to play before every thinks they are ready and then light it up should be considered, at least until they win the award or until everyone is expecting them to show up on Sundays.

For example, Monty. High draft pick (Round 3), but only really expected to contribute on special teams in the short term. Lo and behold, GB's top fifteen WRs are injured, Monty steps in and starts catching the ball and making plays. Is he the fuckdoggle? Not yet, but he might get honorary mention for fuckdoggle of the month due to his sustained contribution over that period.

But it seems safe to assume that first round picks are ineligible.

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 11:45 AM
I would submit that draft picks not expected to contribute early on who are forced to play before every thinks they are ready and then light it up should be considered, at least until they win the award or until everyone is expecting them to show up on Sundays.

For example, Monty. High draft pick (Round 3), but only really expected to contribute on special teams in the short term. Lo and behold, GB's top fifteen WRs are injured, Monty steps in and starts catching the ball and making plays. Is he the fuckdoggle? Not yet, but he might get honorary mention for fuckdoggle of the month due to his sustained contribution over that period.

But it seems safe to assume that first round picks are ineligible.

Yes, they are guidelines only. Exceptions are allowed. Monty would get less credit than an undrafted fa however.

Guiness
10-01-2015, 12:36 PM
My thought was yes - JJ is not exactly a household name, discarded by two teams, and catches 2 TDs? Tell me Bear fans weren't going 'who the fuck(doggle) was that?

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 12:40 PM
My thought was yes - JJ is not exactly a household name, discarded by two teams, and catches 2 TDs? Tell me Bear fans weren't going 'who the fuck(doggle) was that?

Maybe I am just over estimating other fan's knowledge. There were a number of national articles on JJ going to the Packers.

mraynrand
10-01-2015, 12:53 PM

Bar isn't very high there - Bears fans need to use their GPS to navigate from the TV to the fridge.

mraynrand
10-01-2015, 12:54 PM
too many rules

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 01:17 PM
too many rules

Simplified version:

Guy should be a virtual unknown prior to the start of the regular season.
Selection based upon quality of play relative to expectations.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2015, 02:04 PM
too many rules

never

George Cumby
10-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Sharpe, I like the guidelines, it provides clarity which was previously lacking. You may not be as heinous of a dictator as I once thought, but the season is young.

However, you say there are exceptions. After being cut twice within six months, several posters thought that merited an exception.

In your criteria, I think we should include a bright line threshold for what delineates eligibility for the Barney FuckDoggle Award. If JJ was drafted in a round that disqualifies him from eligibility, than I accept yourr ruling that he doesn't merit the BFA.

George Cumby
10-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Bar isn't very high there - Bears fans need to use their GPS to navigate from the TV to the fridge.

Most Bears fans can't SPELL G-P-S, Rand.

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 02:23 PM
I look at it this way, the fact that JJ was in national headlines is a big negative. Add in that he got a freaking $10M contract recently. Whether we call it a bright line rule or not, does JJ fit into the spirit of the award?

IMO, he is Bruce Wilkerson award material all the way.

George Cumby
10-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Fair enough. Perhaps I was square pegging a round hole there. I allowed my fandom to override discernment.

That doesn't obviate the fact that you are a power mad dictator who has come into power by questionable means.

Smidgeon
10-01-2015, 02:39 PM

Bears fans know exactly who he is. He was one of many receivers roasting them over the years.

Also, I would like to add that Jones is ineligible for yet another reason: he led the NFL in receiving TDs one year. Everyone knows who he is.

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 02:41 PM
I think we are sticking with:

Smidgeon
10-01-2015, 02:42 PM
too many rules

That's almost the beauty of this topic. It's living on because people are debating the merits of the rules.

George Cumby
10-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I think we are sticking with:

Agreed.

And to clarify, we don't force the FuckDoggle?

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Agreed.

And to clarify, we don't force the FuckDoggle?

No forcing. There will probably be weeks without a good Fuckdoggle.

Maxie the Taxi
10-01-2015, 03:22 PM
That doesn't obviate the fact that you are a power mad dictator who has come into power by questionable means.

Let's be honest. It was an outright fuckdoggle putsch.

mraynrand
10-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Simplified version:

Too few rules

mraynrand
10-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Let's be honest. It was an outright fuckdoggle putsch.

I am too old and weary to oppose them

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/01/article-2094713-118B7012000005DC-721_233x352.jpg

sharpe1027
10-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Too few rules

Guidelines.

mraynrand
10-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Simplified version:

I was just joking. This is pretty good. I liken it to watching other teams. You turn on the Seahawks and you expect Wilson, Graham, Lynch, Sherman, Chancellor to make a bunch of plays. If someguyouneverheardof turns out a great performance, you say "Who the hell is that guy (i.e Barney Fuckdoggle) and how does this team dig up all this talent from nowhere?"

George Cumby
10-01-2015, 04:00 PM
No forcing. There will probably be weeks without a good Fuckdoggle.

Come week ten, we will be saying to ourselves, "I could use a good FuckDoggle about now." Or "Man, it's been so long, I don't remember what a FuckDoggle feels like".

By the way, how do the fruits of illgotten spoils taste?

Joemailman
10-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Simplified version:

Well, there are known unknowns. There are unknown unknowns. There are unknown knowns.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2015, 01:42 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/preparation-could-be-paying-off-for-packers-tight-end-kennard-backman-b99588508z1-330362461.html
Hundley projects Backman as a FD honoree, "He's going to show the world his talents this week."
Game on.

Pugger
10-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Everyone was predicting James Jones would resign with the Pack if he got cut by the Giants. He did. Everyone expected that. How does him getting cut by two teams--one the Raiders and one with a deep, young WR bench--turn him into a scrub? If he was a scrub, no one would want him.

James Jones by virtue of either of his career success or his expected signing and contribution is ineligible.

The real irony is lately the Gmen were trying out WRs with Hicks out so perhaps their WR corps wasn't as deep as they believed? Thanks NY!! :-)

Pugger
10-02-2015, 07:57 AM

Maybe one player worthy of the award against the Chiefs is Palmer?

sharpe1027
10-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Maybe one player worthy of the award against the Chiefs is Palmer?

Absolutely. I think Thomas' story for that week is pretty good though. Going from cut by the Pack, to being snagged off the Dallas practice squad, to a prominent role is a pretty good Fuckdoggle story. In comparison, Palmer had played in prior games, making him slightly less of an unknown.

MadScientist
10-02-2015, 10:52 AM
So how many times can a player get Fuckdoggle award? I'd say after 3, the guy is a player not just a Fuckdoggle.

sharpe1027
10-02-2015, 11:06 AM
So how many times can a player get Fuckdoggle award? I'd say after 3, the guy is a player not just a Fuckdoggle.

Good point. My suggestion is to take it into consideration when determining, but not have a hard rule. For example, what if Thomas were to win a three times with solid performances early in the year, but then he gets benched because someone else gets healthy. If, several weeks later, he gets inserted due to injury and is the MVP of the game, I think he could win a 4th.

Basically, we should give a lot of credit for players that do well in their first big chance, and less credit as they get more established.

Guiness
10-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Bears fans know exactly who he is. He was one of many receivers roasting them over the years.

Also, I would like to add that Jones is ineligible for yet another reason: he led the NFL in receiving TDs one year. Everyone knows who he is.

Not to mention, wasn't it against the Bears that he dropped a pass and gift wrapped a game for them? I seem to have that distinct memory.

Maxie the Taxi
10-02-2015, 11:16 AM
May I assume that if Thomas wins the NFL Defensive Player of the week for several weeks, he is no longer an eligible Fuckdoggle?

sharpe1027
10-02-2015, 11:32 AM
May I assume that if Thomas wins the NFL Defensive Player of the week for several weeks, he is no longer an eligible Fuckdoggle?

Yeah, but he would still be eligible to win the year-end Fuckdoggle award.

Maxie the Taxi
10-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Yeah, but he would still be eligible to win the year-end Fuckdoggle award.

You mean like "Fuckdoggle of the Year?" Wouldn't that kind of be contrary to the spirit of the Fuckdoggle? You would think the Fuckdoggle of the Year trophy would be won by a player who was a complete scrub until maybe performing lights out in the playoffs or Super Bowl...like Starks in 2010.

MadScientist
10-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Can more than one Fuckdoggle be given for a game? I'm thinking back to the SB where both Howard Green and Jarrett Bush were worthy.

Smidgeon
10-02-2015, 11:42 AM
You mean like "Fuckdoggle of the Year?" Wouldn't that kind of be contrary to the spirit of the Fuckdoggle? You would think the Fuckdoggle of the Year trophy would be won by a player who was a complete scrub until maybe performing lights out in the playoffs or Super Bowl...like Starks in 2010.

Fuckdoggle of the Month makes more sense. Enough time to show a trend, but not so much time that he establishes himself.

sharpe1027
10-02-2015, 11:45 AM

It depends on how you look at it. While players will lose their Fuckdoggle status during the year, they may still be the best example of a Fuckdoggle during the year. So the criteria could be looking at all the players that came out of nowhere for the year, which one performed at a level that is most surprising?

Starks would have won the playoff and Superbowl Most-Valuable-Fuckdoggle award, which I would argue is different from the year end.

Wow, this is really going far down the rabbit hole. :)

sharpe1027
10-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Can more than one Fuckdoggle be given for a game? I'm thinking back to the SB where both Howard Green and Jarrett Bush were worthy.

In that situation, maybe we should try to select the best one for the award, but there could be ties.

Maxie the Taxi
10-02-2015, 11:51 AM
MVF, Most Valuable Fuckdoggle....I like it. It's why we put so much effort into the 6th and 7th rounds of the draft and the Undrafted Free Agents. Makes it all seem so worthwhile.

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M74c6dd8d35c0354cf8c114142762ecc9o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Maxie the Taxi
10-02-2015, 11:53 AM

I'm thinking Bush was more of an Outcast than a Fuckdoggle.

swede
10-02-2015, 11:54 AM
It seems apparent that a cabinet level department is now needed to manage the regulatory framework of the Fuckdoggle. The private sector can no longer be trusted with this.

esoxx
10-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Since we're going back in time to exam possible Fuckdoggle's, I'm bummed that 2005's Taco Wallace didn't play better. He would have been the ultimate Fuckdoggle had he jammed someone with a big game.

But alas, he turned out to be just a Doggfuckle.

George Cumby
10-02-2015, 12:30 PM
It seems apparent that a cabinet level department is now needed to manage the regulatory framework of the Fuckdoggle. The private sector can no longer be trusted with this.

Correct.

Sharpe is the (Self-appointed) Czar of FuckDoggling.

Rand is the Chancellor, note that this title is just a bone the Czar tossed to him after he was unceremoniously deposed.

Pugs is Queen Regent of the Mops as she has been shoved into a broom closet by the afore mentioned despot.

Feel free to grant yourself a title but be prepared to be attacked viciously by the autocrat in power.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2015, 12:31 PM

I agree it should be privatized, but don't kid yourself, the free market means there will be multiple competing sanctioning organizations. Boxing has 4 champions named (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_world_boxing_champions), and I similarly can see awards by
World Fuckdoggle Association
World Fuckdoggle Council
International Fuckdoggle Federation
World Fuckdoggle Organization

Pugger
10-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Correct.

Rand is the Chancellor, note that this title is just a bone the Czar tossed to him after he was unceremoniously deposed.

Pugs is Queen Regent of the Mops as she has been shoved into a broom closet by the afore mentioned despot.

Feel free to grant yourself a title but be prepared to be attacked viciously by the autocrat in power.

:lol:

Upnorth
10-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Correct.

I have been appointed international fuckdoggel mini I answer only to the Supreme international fuckdoggel overlord. Or Guiness for short
Also this is hilarious!!!? Thanks!

Joemailman
10-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Looking at getting a new jersey. If you're wondering why #58, it's the jersey Frank Zombo wore as a rookie in 2010. UDFA who started 8 games as a rookie and had a sack in the Super Bowl. The ultimate Fuckdoggle.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/route25/fuckdoggle.jpg (http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/route25/media/fuckdoggle.jpg.html)

Maxie the Taxi
10-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I have been appointed international fuckdoggel mini I answer only to the Supreme international fuckdoggel overlord. Or Guiness for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkmi_UTsjtE

George Cumby
10-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Looking at getting a new jersey. If you're wondering why #58, it's the jersey Frank Zombo wore as a rookie in 2010. UDFA who started 8 games as a rookie and had a sack in the Super Bowl. The ultimate Fuckdoggle.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/route25/fuckdoggle.jpg (http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/route25/media/fuckdoggle.jpg.html)

WANT!!! MUST HAVE!!!

George Cumby
10-02-2015, 06:39 PM

Or a Russian mobster's bodyguard.

HowardRoark
10-02-2015, 09:58 PM

In the first nano second I saw this, this is the file my brain opened in my head

http://bradlaidman.com/wp-content/uploads/bbdance571.jpg

sharpe1027
10-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Since we're going back in time to exam possible Fuckdoggle's, I'm bummed that 2005's Taco Wallace didn't play better. He would have been the ultimate Fuckdoggle had he jammed someone with a big game.

But alas, he turned out to be just a Doggfuckle.

The best Fuckdoggle that never was? A new award? Janis is in the running.

mraynrand
10-03-2015, 07:31 AM

There wa fuckdoggles as far as the eye could see, back in '10, I rekin' Shields and Walden and other folks that lent a hand. The Gatorade was cold and there was a dew on the hay that year. Why I declare there mightha even been fuckdoggle sorts who stepped in ta play a little at 'backer and at end. Folks be pictchin' in ta raise that championship barn.

smuggler
10-03-2015, 08:36 AM
I believe Bad Jones began his career as an OLB 7th round fuckdoggle.

Guiness
10-03-2015, 11:37 AM

Ahem - indeed. Time for a council meeting to sort this out.

Smidgeon
10-03-2015, 02:10 PM
I believe Bad Jones began his career as an OLB 7th round fuckdoggle.

Yep. Didn't he have four sacks his rookie year opposite Matthews after Kampman went down?

vince
10-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Fuckdoggle Earning Increased Role (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-linebacker-jayrone-elliott-bidding-for-increased-role-b99588588z1-330498511.html)

Production? You want production? You've come to the right place.

■ Fuckdoggle leads the entire defense in takeaway plays with two.

■ As a pass rusher, he leads the entire defense in pressures per snap with one every 10.8. Mike Daniels is second with one every 16.

■ As a run defender, he ranks second among defensive linemen and linebackers in tackles per snap with one every 8.6. Mike Pennel is first with one every 6.1.

■ As a special-teamer, he leads the team in snaps with 68, 14 more than runner-up Chris Banjo, and is tied for the club lead in tackles with five.

Growing up in what Fuckdoggle called the ghetto of Cleveland, he felt entitled as a teenager and didn't take anything seriously. He got a scholarship to Toledo, but was lost in the drafting process after not becoming a starter until his senior season.

Fuckdoggle, 6 feet 3 inches and 250 pounds, wasn't invited to the scouting combine.

smuggler
10-04-2015, 01:18 AM
All glory to the Dogglefuck.

George Cumby
10-04-2015, 08:13 PM
The floor is now open for Game 4 nominations. Remember, we don't force the FuckDoggle.

swede
10-04-2015, 08:48 PM
You guys better have some names. I just ordered three gross of these.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/toy-fads-through-the-years-09_zpscgdko855.jpg

Joemailman
10-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Not too much this week. Elliott had 1 sack. Thomas forced a fumble but couldn't recover it. Palmer had a few tackles. If he had been able to corral that would-be interception...

mraynrand
10-04-2015, 10:46 PM

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/toy-fads-through-the-years-09_zpscgdko855.jpg

The guy made a million dollars

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Qiw3vVy_eN8/hqdefault.jpg

sharpe1027
10-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Not too much this week. Elliott had 1 sack. Thomas forced a fumble but couldn't recover it. Palmer had a few tackles. If he had been able to corral that would-be interception...

Several guys that continued what they started in the past, but no real surprises? Does the award stay empty this week?

pbmax
10-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Yes.

RashanGary
10-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I think our standards for the Fuckdoggle award may be too high. Sacks in the NFL are not that easy to come by. I'd vote for Eliotte.

pbmax
10-05-2015, 12:11 PM
I think our standards for the Fuckdoggle award may be too high. Sacks in the NFL are not that easy to come by. I'd vote for Eliotte.

He did have another really good effort, he was about to shake the RT and bounce back inside. It seemed to occupy the eye of CK for a moment. Then Daniels burst through like he was being thrown out of a bar and chased CK for good into the arms of Peppers and Jones or Neal.

Its possible I was reading too much into that.

pbmax
10-05-2015, 12:13 PM
I will say that Joe Thomas is now in second behind James Jones for the Bruce Wilkerson Award. Being able to take Clay out of dime (and sometimes out of nickel) ILB duty has really helped the pass rush.

Upnorth
10-05-2015, 12:16 PM

And the swede said 'let he who has not committed a football sin cast the first fuckdoggel '

Upnorth
10-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Also Elliott is still surprisingly good in my (international) opinion.

sharpe1027
10-05-2015, 02:53 PM
So far, we have Elliott or nobody. Elliott is approaching ineligible status (baring extenuating circumstances), so this might be one of his last chances. I would lean toward giving him a last chance at glory, but it is a close call IMO.

Cheesehead Craig
10-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I don't see a FD award this week.

Smidgeon
10-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Elliot has to outdo his previous fuckdoggle win in order to win again. He didn't, so he doesn't win and the award remains vacated for week 4.

sharpe1027
10-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Elliot has to outdo his previous fuckdoggle win in order to win again. He didn't, so he doesn't win and the award remains vacated for week 4.

I think this makes a great deal of sense. Simply playing at his previous level is no longer that much of a surprise. He is a victim of his own success, but the Fuckdoggle is a harsh mistress.

RashanGary
10-05-2015, 03:55 PM
I think Elliott should be eligible all season and ineligible next season.

sharpe1027
10-05-2015, 04:13 PM
I think Elliott should be eligible all season and ineligible next season.

It is not so much that he is ineligible, as does his play fit the spirit of the award?

Chiefs at Packers: The Packers have a knack for having unheralded players step up and play well when it matters most and it is fucking INFURIATING. I would like the loss of a star player to crush them. But NO… no, they always have some asshole behind him ready to go because they’re committed to internal player development because they’re so goddamn PERFECT. Bah! I want scrubs to be SCRUBS. I want to be able to laugh at a rival team for having to put Barney Fuckdoggle in at corner or whatever. It’s a real let-down when Barney turns into a hidden gem, and Collinsworth is like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!” That never happens with my team. With my team, the shitty players are shitty.

I think the counter argument is that he has established a certain level of play by now and may not be a "hidden-gem" that would elicit Collinsworth to make the surprised statement from the quote above. Either way is fine for the award since we have no past history, but we need to make a decision one way or the other.

Tony Oday
10-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Would Kuhn count? One of the only players to play for a different team, not good, on the roster because he is ARs friend and dating Olivia Munn's ugly friend.

sharpe1027
10-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Would Kuhn count? One of the only players to play for a different team, not good, on the roster because he is ARs friend and dating Olivia Munn's ugly friend.

Maybe years ago when he first got significant playtime. He made a probowl -- there is no chance in hell for ever winning this award once that happens.

sharpe1027
10-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Week 4: Open*

*Honorable mention to Elliott for maintaining his level of play from prior weeks.

mraynrand
10-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Kuhn ... on the roster because he is ARs friend and dating Olivia Munn's ugly friend.

awesome

ThunderDan
10-06-2015, 01:51 PM

*Honorable mention to Elliott for maintaining his level of play from prior weeks.

Sorry, but there can be no honorable mention for the fuckdoggle. You either fuckdoggled it or you didn't. Nothing in between.

sharpe1027
10-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Sorry, but there can be no honorable mention for the fuckdoggle. You either fuckdoggled it or you didn't. Nothing in between.

Hard, but fair. So be it.

*Honorable mention to Elliott rescinded.

George Cumby
10-06-2015, 02:25 PM

That's right, no half-assing the FuckDoggle

pbmax
10-06-2015, 07:29 PM

I want this to be true. Especially the second part. :lol:

However Olivia's "ugly" friends probably do all right in more normal circumstances.

Smidgeon
10-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Rollins for Week 5 nomination after getting few snaps the first four weeks then recording two INTs and one TD in his brief? playing time against the Rams.

But a more realistic candidate is Josh Walker who stepped in for Lang and was promptly not noticed and not a weak link.

Joemailman
10-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Rollins for Week 5 nomination after getting few snaps the first four weeks then recording two INTs and one TD in his brief? playing time against the Rams.

But a more realistic candidate is Josh Walker who stepped in for Lang and was promptly not noticed and not a weak link.

As a 2nd round pick, I don't think Rollins is eligible. I'm good with Walker. Or Nate Palmer with 3 tackles and 2 assists. Or Elliott with 3 tackles. Or Thomas with a tip of a pass that turned into an INT.

MadScientist
10-12-2015, 02:23 PM
As a 2nd round pick, I don't think Rollins is eligible. I'm good with Walker. Or Nate Palmer with 3 tackles and 2 assists. Or Elliott with 3 tackles. Or Thomas with a tip of a pass that turned into an INT.
This was a good game for the Fuckdoggles. I'd have to give it to Walker for the fact that I didn't even notice he was in for a guy who has been considered a pretty darn good guard. That perfectly fits the spirit of the Fuckdoggle.

sharpe1027
10-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Walker was an undrafted FA that bounced around a bit. He fits the bill perfectly.

Rollins did awesome, but he's a second rounder and not some random Fuckdoggle.

mraynrand
10-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Walker

SMBASS
10-12-2015, 02:34 PM
I concur...have to go with Walker for the FuckDoggle this week.

RashanGary
10-12-2015, 03:32 PM
I concur...have to go with Walker for the FuckDoggle this week.

Walker for Fuckdoggle.

Wanna know how official this award is? When I write "Fuckdoggle", my spellcheck autocorrects the capitalization and sees it as a correct word. I don't know how that's possible, but it's a sign from the universe to me, to respect this award and the men who earn it.

smuggler
10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
JH is one of my favorite posters.

sharpe1027
10-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Walker for Fuckdoggle.

Wanna know how official this award is? When I write "Fuckdoggle", my spellcheck autocorrects the capitalization and sees it as a correct word. I don't know how that's possible, but it's a sign from the universe to me, to respect this award and the men who earn it.

When you first signed up for the Packerrat forum you gave authorization for full access to all of your electronic devices. Mostly likely that is how your dictionaries have been updated and you should be careful about your bank account balances. Always read the fine print.

sharpe1027
10-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Absent a compelling argument otherwise:

Week 4: Open
Week 5: Josh Walker

Smidgeon
10-12-2015, 04:10 PM

I agree with Walker for Week 5. But I think Rollins is more elligible than Palmer, Elliott, or Thomas who have all won previously. Tackling and assisted tackles or tips aren't enough to merit an award. Big, game-changing splash plays do.

And I think draft picks are eligible due to the recent success of draft picks in year one in GB. And because GB is annually picking in "no sure bet" territory.

sharpe1027
10-12-2015, 04:15 PM
I agree with Walker for Week 5. But I think Rollins is more elligible than Palmer, Elliott, or Thomas who have all won previously. Tackling and assisted tackles or tips aren't enough to merit an award. Big, game-changing splash plays do.

And I think draft picks are eligible due to the recent success of draft picks in year one in GB. And because GB is annually picking in "no sure bet" territory.

I think none of them would have won anyway. If not for Walker, this week would probably have been empty again. We don't just give out Fuckdoggles for fun here.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Walker.

U-71 alum done good.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 05:41 PM
JH is one of my favorite posters.

But he cannot be a Fuckdoggle. He has been around since before this message board.

I think he actually invented the message board.

run pMc
10-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Watch out for Chris Banjo. With Richardson and Burnett out, he played well in the 3 safety looks, as well as ST. I'd go with Walker though...was worried when they put Barclay in, but didn't seem like RG was an obvious weak link with Lang out.

That said, the offense didn't play it's best, and I'd rather Lang play than Walker.

red
10-12-2015, 07:10 PM
i thought the winner this week was gonna be james shields?

swede
10-12-2015, 10:24 PM
i thought the winner this week was gonna be james shields?

The James Shields Award should go to the player whose name was mangled most indecently during the television broadcast. Max McGee once referred to Natrone Means as Neutron Means, and spent quite a few on-air moments marveling at a name Mr. Means' mother never gave him.

What was I saying?

George Cumby
10-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Rollins, by virtue of being a second round pick is immediately ineligible. Collinsworth would know his name.

Elliot is rapidly playing himself out of Fuckdoggle eligibility.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 10:51 PM
The James Shields Award should go to the player whose name was mangled most indecently during the television broadcast. Max McGee once referred to Natrone Means as Neutron Means, and spent quite a few on-air moments marveling at a name Mr. Means' mother never gave him.

What was I saying?

Natrone Means name backwards is Enortan Snaem.

run pMc
10-13-2015, 07:30 AM

What was I saying?

LOL Max McGee was the original Barney Fuckdoggle.

bobblehead
10-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Natrone Means name backwards is Enortan Snaem.

And according to Harry Carey you should put in the lefty to force him to the right side of the plate where he hits .100 points higher because we need a double play and it makes him take an extra step and a half to first base. (absolutely correct incidentally and I nearly fell out of my chair when Harry said it.)

smuggler
10-13-2015, 08:40 PM
I mean, if mangled name is the requirement for the James Shields awards, wouldn't Bryan Beluga win every week?

run pMc
10-14-2015, 06:45 AM
I mean, if mangled name is the requirement for the James Shields awards, wouldn't Bryan Beluga win every week?

Devonteh Adamz.

On a serious note, how big has Nate Palmer stepped up? Considering Barrington and Ryan are both hurt and the D has played this well, you have to be impressed.

pbmax
10-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Future Fuckdoggle Award Winner

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h4 hours ago
TE Mitchell Henry cleared waivers after release from #Broncos. Got to think #Packers will add him to their practice squad. They liked him.

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Future Fuckdoggle Award Winner

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h4 hours ago
TE Mitchell Henry cleared waivers after release from #Broncos. Got to think #Packers will add him to their practice squad. They liked him.

The Packers promoted Perillo shortly after the Denver Broncos announced they had released tight end Mitchell Henry, who was in training camp with the Packers and claimed on waivers after being released on the final cutdown. The Packers seemed higher on Henry than they did Perillo, but may have made the move before knowing Henry was going to be released.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/332780171.html

I remember reading somewhere else that packers preferred Henry, but Denver snatched him first.
Is it possible that Denver waited until Perillo was promoted to release Henry just to fuck with Ted? Now it is awkward to get Henry on active roster before the Broncos game.

vince
10-16-2015, 06:55 AM
Guys may lose eligibility quickly, but earning the Fuckdoggle is forever. There are few higher honors for an unheralded Packer player than infusing Viking and Bear fans with uncontrolled jealousy.

Joemailman
10-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Janis: 2 catches for 79 yards and great blocking on Starks' TD run.

red
10-18-2015, 07:05 PM
wins the buttfucker one week and the fuckdongle the next?

Joemailman
10-18-2015, 07:08 PM

It's a testament to the triumph of the human spirit.

hoosier
10-18-2015, 07:35 PM
And those are really just two sides of the same coin.

Fritz
10-19-2015, 06:22 AM
No fuckdoggles for the SD game, I don't think. Janis caught two long passes, but he didn't save the day.

sharpe1027
10-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Saginaw Valley State guy drafted in the seventh round. Just a few days ago he was getting blasted for special teams and allegedly being too stupid. Three WRs above him injured, playing in a game the offense is struggling heavily and that goes down to the last play. He gets 79 yards and some other good plays. Seems like a good candidate.

MadScientist
10-19-2015, 10:00 AM
No fuckdoggles for the SD game, I don't think. Janis caught two long passes, but he didn't save the day.

At first glance I thought the same, but 1) he gained time coming in for an injured player (Montgomery, who was a backup himself), 2) no Packer had more receptions than Janis and 3) Janis had more than twice as many receiving yards as the receiver with the second most yards (Cobb 38).

In a marginal offensive day, Janis' catches made a difference, so I'm inclined to give him the Fuckdoggle.

Tony Oday
10-19-2015, 10:46 AM
The block and the catches = Fuckdoogle.

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2015, 11:01 AM

With your permission, I'm going to start new threads for the "buttfucker" award and the "fuckdongle".

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2015, 11:02 AM
The block and the catches = Fuckdoogle.

Why not a "Fuckdoogle" while we're at it? Cock a fuckdoogle do!

Smidgeon
10-19-2015, 12:10 PM

I agree with Fritz on this one. As much as I'd like to give him the fuckdoggle, I don't think two receptions and a block (and continued special teams play) merits it. Two more long receptions might have done it, but only if they came on well-run routes instead of broken plays/scramble drills.

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2015, 12:21 PM
If you look at past Fuckdoogle Award winners, they didn't have great games, they just made some plays that weren't expected from unknowns. Janis hits that mark, although perhaps barely.

sharpe1027
10-19-2015, 12:29 PM
I agree with Fritz on this one. As much as I'd like to give him the fuckdoggle, I don't think two receptions and a block (and continued special teams play) merits it. Two more long receptions might have done it, but only if they came on well-run routes instead of broken plays/scramble drills.

Yes, but the Fuckdoggle is not your run-of-the-mill award. It is about some yahoo getting unexpected play time, often due to injuries, and pissing off opposing fans by doing something unexpected. Actual analysis of the performance and its the import on the game is secondary to the true spirit of the reward. The real test is if you can imagine Collingsworth saying "Hey, I really like this Barney Fuckdoggle guy," while the opposing fans are swearing at their screen.

sharpe1027
10-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Week 6: Jeff Janis

mraynrand
10-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Absolutely Janis. He totally fits the bill. Saved the Packers with a couple of big plays coming to of nowhere. His big deep reception was on an overthrow to Rodgers, so he saved A. Rodger's bacon there. Also might have had another big play had Rodgers thrown him the ball right away earlier.

In fairness to Rodgers, there were a couple of plays where Janis lined up totally wrong and had to be redirected. That kinda cuts down on the trust factor.

MadScientist
10-19-2015, 03:52 PM
SD's O-line scrubs fit the bill better than Janis, but this is our award, and they can create their own Fuckdudele award.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Oh fer christ sakes, give it to Janis, we need to throw the boy guy a frickin bone...

Smidgeon
10-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Yes, but the Fuckdoggle is not your run-of-the-mill award. It is about some yahoo getting unexpected play time, often due to injuries, and pissing off opposing fans by doing something unexpected. Actual analysis of the performance and its the import on the game is secondary to the true spirit of the reward. The real test is if you can imagine Collingsworth saying "Hey, I really like this Barney Fuckdoggle guy," while the opposing fans are swearing at their screen.

Alright. You swayed me. He hit it barely, but he still hit it.

Smidgeon
10-19-2015, 05:26 PM
His big deep reception was on an overthrow to Rodgers, so he saved A. Rodger's bacon there.

Aaron Rodgers confirmed after the game the throw was to Janis (although he could be blowing smoke). Neither Janis nor RailRoad Richard Rodgers knew at the time who his intended target was.

Freak Out
10-19-2015, 07:04 PM
This thread is a fuckdoggle.

Pugger
10-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Absolutely Janis. He totally fits the bill. Saved the Packers with a couple of big plays coming to of nowhere. His big deep reception was on an overthrow to Rodgers, so he saved A. Rodger's bacon there. Also might have had another big play had Rodgers thrown him the ball right away earlier.

In fairness to Rodgers, there were a couple of plays where Janis lined up totally wrong and had to be redirected. That kinda cuts down on the trust factor.

IMO the main reason why Janis isn't getting more passes his way is the trust factor. Rodgers won't throw you many balls if he can't be sure you'll be where you are supposed to be.

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2015, 08:32 PM
This thread is a fuckdoggle.

The meta fuckdoggle. You're deep, man.

George Cumby
10-19-2015, 09:38 PM
As much as it galls me to do so, the Usurper (That's Sharpe to you ignoramuses, Im looking at you, Harlan) is correct. The Week Six FuckDoggle is forever and in perpetuity in the hands of Bill Schroeder.

sharpe1027
11-02-2015, 12:15 PM
No winners this week.

Week 7: Bye Week
Week 8: Open

George Cumby
11-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Yup.

pbmax
11-02-2015, 06:55 PM
We should consider rescinding Palmer's Fuckdoggle.

Fritz
11-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Maybe we could have a whole 'nother award called the "Billy Fuggup," and present it to the entire team for the Denver game.

sharpe1027
11-03-2015, 11:11 PM
We should consider rescinding Palmer's Fuckdoggle.

The Fuckdoggle is forever.

mraynrand
11-04-2015, 09:16 AM
The Fuckdoggle is forever.

I agree. And thinking of 'fuckdoggle' another way, the entire Packer squad 'screwed the pooch' on Sunday night. Maybe in a twisted way, the entire team earned the literal fuckdoggle award.

sharpe1027
11-04-2015, 09:23 AM
I agree. And thinking of 'fuckdoggle' another way, the entire Packer squad 'screwed the pooch' on Sunday night. Maybe in a twisted way, the entire team earned the literal fuckdoggle award.

I think a more appropriate word might be clusterfuck?

mraynrand
11-04-2015, 09:38 AM

sure, that works too. Only Fuck (screwed) dog (pooch) gle (choking sound) is better.

Freak Out
11-04-2015, 11:28 AM

That game was not a clusterfuck. It was a rape.

Smidgeon
11-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Jake Ryan

pbmax
11-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Nay. 4th round pick.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 11:47 AM
no award

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 11:50 AM
I didn't get a chance to look over the game, but former fuckdoggle winner Jayrone Elliott seemed to be absent from the OLB rotation yesterday. Because Carolina is a 'running team' I suppose? Coulda used some pass rush burst out there.

Smidgeon
11-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Nay. 4th round pick.

I thought only 1-3 were considered high round draft picks. I would argue (though not vehemently) that he gets extra credit because of all the fans who wanted and ILB much higher than 4 and poo-poohed the pick because of that.

sharpe1027
11-09-2015, 02:33 PM
The draft round is a just a guideline. The question is whether another fan would have been frustrated by the fact the Ryan came in as a previous unknown and played above expectations. Would Collingsworth also have expressed genuine surprise? Saying, "I really like this Jake Ryan guy!"

This is tough call this week. Ryan was drafted at a position without much depth or even good starting quality. He was penciled in as a possible contributor from the start. Still, he was only a 4th rounder and he was largely forgotten by everyone after the first 7 games.

Patler
11-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Demetri Goodson was set up to run away with the award this week. With Shields and Rollins out, he was likely to play. Then Hayward went out and he was regularly on the field. He would have won the award except for one troubling thing. He played like an inexperienced 6th round draft pick.

Smidgeon
11-09-2015, 04:35 PM
The draft round is a just a guideline. The question is whether another fan would have been frustrated by the fact the Ryan came in as a previous unknown and played above expectations. Would Collingsworth also have expressed genuine surprise? Saying, "I really like this Jake Ryan guy!"

This is tough call this week. Ryan was drafted at a position without much depth or even good starting quality. He was penciled in as a possible contributor from the start. Still, he was only a 4th rounder and he was largely forgotten by everyone after the first 7 games.

Except that after Barrington, it took Palmer and Thomas to flop before he got his shot. Fourth on the depth chart to leading the team in tackles after getting his first action (late?) in the second quarter I think definitely makes a solid case.

sharpe1027
11-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Screw it, we need something positive to talk about after the past 2 weeks. Jake Ryan it is, but just barely.

Week 9: Jake Ryan

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 05:14 PM
The Stark Plug is something we can talk about. Dude was playing lights out on Sunday. He was gasping for breath at one point and I thought he was going to pass out! Maybe if he could have played every down they woulda won.

denverYooper
11-10-2015, 05:57 AM
The Stark Plug is something we can talk about. Dude was playing lights out on Sunday. He was gasping for breath at one point and I thought he was going to pass out! Maybe if he could have played every down they woulda won.

Indeed. He even had a nice block that kept Rodgers from getting scared on one of his earlier TDs.

esoxx
11-10-2015, 12:31 PM
How can a Fuckdoggle be awarded in a loss? No way, no how!

These Fuckdoggle's don't grow on trees you know.

A Fuckdoggle can only occur commensurate with a win. The opposition's fans are not demoralized by Barney Fuckdoggle when their team wins! That is the essence of a Fuckdoggle performance, contributing out of the blue for the win.

I await your learned ruling on my formal appeal revoking Jake Ryan, week 9.

Good day sir.

Patler
11-10-2015, 12:50 PM
How can a Fuckdoggle be awarded in a loss? No way, no how!

These Fuckdoggle's don't grow on trees you know.

A Fuckdoggle can only occur commensurate with a win. The opposition's fans are not demoralized by Barney Fuckdoggle when their team wins! That is the essence of a Fuckdoggle performance, contributing out of the blue for the win.

I await your learned ruling on my formal appeal revoking Jake Ryan, week 9.

Good day sir.

I agree. You can't make a Fuckdoggle out of fuckheads, and that is what we have had the past two weeks.

sharpe1027
11-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Blanket rules are a bad idea. The Fuckdoggle cannot be confined or limited by simplistic and hard line rules. Therefore, I reject the suggestion to prohibit awarding a Fuckdoggle during a loss. The fact that the team lost, however, is a valid consideration. The focus, however, remains on the individual.

They made the comeback with him on the field. Some have said that the defense seemed to improve after he came in and he lead the team in tackles. It is not his fault they couldn't score from 1st and goal and potentially win the game. That's enough for me.

Smidgeon
11-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Blanket rules are a bad idea. The Fuckdoggle cannot be confined or limited by simplistic and hard line rules. Therefore, I reject the suggestion to prohibit awarding a Fuckdoggle during a loss. The fact that the team lost, however, is a valid consideration. The focus, however, remains on the individual.

They made the comeback with him on the field. Some have said that the defense seemed to improve after he came in and he lead the team in tackles. It is not his fault they couldn't score from 1st and goal and potentially win the game. That's enough for me.

To support and simplify:

A previously unheralded player can play unexpectedly well in defeat.

esoxx
11-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Very well then. I still disagree that a Fuckdoggle can occur in loss but defer henceforth.

Passions always run highest in the land of Fuckdoggle. I think that's something we can all agree on.

Patler
11-10-2015, 03:51 PM
The last two were more than losses. They were shellackings, poundings, embarrassments even by the players and coaches own words. Don't be fooled by the "almost" ending of the game. Had they won the game, no one deserved the coveted Fuckdoggle Award. When asked about Ryan, MM and Capers basically said, "Meh... He made some tackles, but has a lot to work on." The Fuckdoggle should elicit more than that from the guys who gave him the chance.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Jake Ryan earned a starting spot. When a rookie 4th rounder shows he's an upgrade, it has to celebrated.

Patler
11-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Jake Ryan earned a starting spot. When a rookie 4th rounder shows he's an upgrade, it has to celebrated.

This is on the Packers defense, lets not get too carried away with what it means.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 09:11 AM
The last two were more than losses. They were shellackings, poundings, embarrassments even by the players and coaches own words. Don't be fooled by the "almost" ending of the game. Had they won the game, no one deserved the coveted Fuckdoggle Award. When asked about Ryan, MM and Capers basically said, "Meh... He made some tackles, but has a lot to work on." The Fuckdoggle should elicit more than that from the guys who gave him the chance.

The Fuckdoggle is about serviceability out of guys nobody knows about. It is not an MVP award. The bigger question about Ryan is whether he is too well known as a 4th rounder.

Patler
11-11-2015, 09:25 AM
The Fuckdoggle is about serviceability out of guys nobody knows about. It is not an MVP award. The bigger question about Ryan is whether he is too well known as a 4th rounder.

Well, basically Capers and MM said he lined up and played. Isn't the Fuckdoggle more that that? If he had been replacing an injured player, maybe the standard is lower, just come in and don't hurt the team. But he was brought in to be an improvement, and his coaches weren't impressed.

Why is the question only about his notoriety and not his performance?
If that is all it is about, give the award to Goodson, the 6th round pick who was getting his first action on defense in two seasons. He made some plays and missed some plays, probably about like Ryan. Actually, even with the big plays, the coaches said more positive things about Goodson than they did about Ryan. He was pressed into service because of injuries to Shields and Rollins, and was serviceable.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 09:48 AM
Well, basically Capers and MM said he lined up and played. Isn't the Fuckdoggle more that that? If he had been replacing an injured player, maybe the standard is lower, just come in and don't hurt the team. But he was brought in to be an improvement, and his coaches weren't impressed.

Why is the question only about his notoriety and not his performance?
If that is all it is about, give the award to Goodson, the 6th round pick who was getting his first action on defense in two seasons. He made some plays and missed some plays, probably about like Ryan. Actually, even with the big plays, the coaches said more positive things about Goodson than they did about Ryan. He was pressed into service because of injuries to Shields and Rollins, and was serviceable.

It is not only about notoriety. I said it was not an MVP award. I did not say that level of play made no difference. Ryan played about as well as some past winners, but he was more well known as a 4th rounder and for the reasons you stated. That is why I said the bigger question was about his notoriety, at least for him.

The award is about a guy being a hidden gem, a surprise when put in for someone else. Ryan is not the best example, but he did well enough to be considered. You can make an argument for Goodson. Until just now, nobody had thought he was worthy.

If you want to understand the award, I encourage you to go back and read this thread and the initial thread started by Rand. Here is the inspiration for the award:

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Screw it, we need something positive to talk about after the past 2 weeks. Jake Ryan it is, but just barely.

Week 9: Jake Ryan

So this isn't a FuckDoggle, it's a feel good, warm and fuzzy Award. That doesn't fit the spirit of the fuckdoggle. Create another FGWF Award and give it to Ryan. He was the brightest turd amongst a vast field of turds. No FuckDoggle. Plus, fourth round is too high to receive the FuckDoggle.

Patler
11-11-2015, 10:41 AM
I have been following the thread, and I mentioned Goodson two days ago in this thread. But he, like Ryan, weren't noteworthy, they were just on the field.

I would now posit Ryan is ineligible based on your quote above. Ryan was not replacing a star player, was not even replacing an injured player; he was put in to be an improvement over a player that was simply not playing well. He was put in because it was hoped or expected that he would perform better than the guy he replaced, who then stood on the sideline ready to go back in. This wasn't, "Oh, no; we've lost our starter! What will we do?" This was, "Our starter is playing like crap. We drafted his backup because we thought he could be a player. Let's see if he is ready."

Goodson, on the other hand WAS brought in to replace an injured player, even a semi-star injured player, and not because he was the first replacement player. His role was increased because BOTH SHields and 2nd round draft pick Rollins were out. Then, the need for him was increased when Hayward went out with a concussion or whatever. This was; "We lost our best CB, and our second backup (#4CB). We will have to play Goodson at times. Crap! Now we've lost our other regular starter at CB. We have no choice but to play Goodson a lot, because three guys ahead of him are out for the game."

Ryan was the #3 MLB in base defenses. Goodson was probably no higher than #5 CB, behind Shields, Hayward, Randall and Rollins. With Hyde available too, they were at the bottom of the barrel playing Goodson as much as they did.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Nobody is ever ineligible, period. There are no bright lines. Make your case, but stop trying to contain the FuckDoggle to nice neat boxes. This is a Fuckdoggle award, not some prissy MVP award with minimum games played requirements etc..

Let's not forget that this is a weekly award, there will be weeks when a Fuckdoggle is better deserved than other weeks. This is the nature of periodic awards. The best option is picked unless no really even gets close.

Goodson can be considered, but let's hear from the Ryan backers. Are you convinced?

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Ryan was the #3 MLB in base defenses.

That is partly because of the injury too though.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 11:07 AM
So this isn't a FuckDoggle, it's a feel good, warm and fuzzy Award. That doesn't fit the spirit of the fuckdoggle. Create another FGWF Award and give it to Ryan. He was the brightest turd amongst a vast field of turds. No FuckDoggle. Plus, fourth round is too high to receive the FuckDoggle.

Well, at least it got your attention. If we have mid-level guys making their first debut and they don't suck, is that worth at least considering them? Care to comment on whether you would you pick Goodson or Ryan as the best of the worst options?

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 11:20 AM
No FuckDoggle, this week. They sucked so bad the last two weeks, they make a Black Hole look like a shitty 12v auto vacuum you got from uncle BillieBob for Christmas. No FuckDoggle in an ass kicking that bad. Saint Collinsworth would have said of Ryan: "Well, Jake Ryan's making a lot of tackles but the entire Packers defense sucks right now."

No FuckDoggle. Make it mean something.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 11:24 AM
No FuckDoggle, this week. They sucked so bad the last two weeks, they make a Black Hole look like a shitty 12v auto vacuum you got from uncle BillieBob for Christmas. No FuckDoggle in an ass kicking that bad. Saint Collinsworth would have said of Ryan: "Well, Jake Ryan's making a lot of tackles but the entire Packers defense sucks right now."

No FuckDoggle. Make it mean something.

When giving out the award, we should be looking at how the entire team played rather than the individual performances? I am not convinced that is the right path to take.

Freak Out
11-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Can you lose and still award a Fuckdoggle? Is this award good or bad?

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 11:36 AM
My point is that Ryan may have looked good in comparioson to his generally poorly playing teammates. A new turd in a field of turds does not a True FuckDoggle make.

I think one can win the BFD in a loss, but it must be a performance that would elicit the Canonical Response from St. Collinsworth.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 11:39 AM
For consideration:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/11/10/jake-ryan-makes-case-inside-lb-job/75516356/

The rookie wound up leading the defense with 10 tackles (six solo) on 38 defensive snaps. It was a small sample size, but he seemed to demonstrate better instincts than Palmer and looked more natural inside than the converted outside linebacker.

“I thought Jake did some good things,” Capers said. “We’re going to have to look at what the Lions were doing, and we’ll try to decide what type of play time we’re going to have, but Jake’s a young guy that’s learning like all of our young guys.”

McCarthy was even more frank in his assessment.

“Just OK,” McCarthy said. “He had some productivity, but it wasn’t as clean as he would like and as we like. I think he was kind of in line with a number of our performances.”

Those traits could be seen Sunday. Although it was a small sample size, Ryan seemed to react quicker to what was in front of him than Palmer and got tied up less on blocks. His play inside helped the Packers slow down running back Jonathan Stewart, who had 13 carries for 28 yards in the second half.

"He came in and made some plays," defensive back Micah Hyde said. "That’s good to see. Jake does that in practice. He’s a smart football player. Obviously, he’s played on the big stage before, so he’s used to that. He came in and made some plays, and it was good to see."

“He’s ready to play,” assistant linebackers coach Scott McCurley said last week. “He steps in there in a situation like that, especially in Denver where you need all the bodies available. Clay got nicked there for a little bit and he was down. We expect him to come in, contribute and make calls, and play ball.”

“I think Jake can be an active guy,” Capers said. “I think he’s a smart guy. He’s learning, he’s growing. Again, we’re just going to have to look and see what types of personnel groups we’re going to be playing against the Lions. That’ll probably determine how much Nate or Jake plays.”

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 11:54 AM
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Not-buying-it-Packers-coaches-pumping-brakes-on-Jake-Ryan-40970843

Asked to assess the performance of Ryan, head coach Mike McCarthy said, "Just okay. He had some productivity. It wasn’t as clean as he would like and as we like. I think he was kind of in line with a number of our performances."

Nice try, Coach.

I get why you're pouring cold water on the enthusiasm for Ryan. He's a rookie. You don't want to automatically hand him a spot in the starting lineup one game after the first extended playing time of his professional career. You don't want him to feel privileged and satisfied and feel like he's arrived

In just 38 snaps, Ryan made a team-leading 10 tackles against the Panthers, including one for a seven-yard loss on running back Jonathan Stewart.

It might be a little presumptuous to think the entire Packers defense would've performed any better had Ryan been inserted into the game earlier in place of Palmer, but I don't think it's a stretch to say they wouldn't have done any worse.

Say whatever you want to the media, coaches. Do whatever it takes to keep Ryan motivated.

But when it comes to putting the best 11 players on the field on Sunday when the Packers host the Detroit Lions, just make sure Ryan is out there.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Discussion of both Rip and Ryan:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-wymm/article-1/What-You-Mightve-Missed-Draft-picks-developing/111aa6f6-5544-4327-a260-966651ef3495

Patler
11-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Regardless of whether he played well or didn't play well, he was put in because he was EXPECTED to be better than the guy he replaced. That is why the coaches put him in there. Isn't that the opposite of what the Fuckdoggle is about?

Patler
11-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Regardless of whether he played well or didn't play well, he was put in because he was EXPECTED to be better than the guy he replaced. That is why the coaches put him in there. Isn't that the opposite of what the Fuckdoggle is about?

I will respond to myself, to modify my statement a bit. Afterall, this is the Fuckdoggle, so normal rules of etiquette don't apply, do they?

I am willing to relent on Ryan's eligibility, but not on his winning.

He was put in because he was expected to be better than Palmer. It was not an act of desperation. It was not a forced move. It was a high-ish draft pick having shown enough to the coaches in practice to be given a chance in a game. To win the Fuckdoggle, he should have to contribute far more than was expected of him, not simply be "OK" and better than Palmer. In essence, all he did was meet expectations. After all, 4th round picks are expected to be players (Bakhtiari, Daniels, Lang, Sitton, etc.)

Playing Goodson was a move of desperation that was forced on the coaches due to players ahead of him going down. In two years, Goodson has not shown enough to get playing time other than on ST. If just one of Shields and Rollins was on the shelf, Goodson likely would not have played. There is no indication that he earned playing time in practice, using him was forced on the coaches. A true Fuckdoggle, in my opinion.

mraynrand
11-11-2015, 12:42 PM
I think if you stick to the original idea of the fuckdoggle, it's pretty easy. It's a guy no one has really heard of coming out of nowhere to make plays that are critical to a Packer win. The guy who Gruden says "Where do they get these guys?" about and about whom fans of other teams say "Who the hell is that guy and why is HE beating us?"

Ryan: nope. If he'd have gotten say a pick (or better yet a pick 6) after the Packers tied it, leading to a game winning FG, absolutely.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 01:46 PM

It has nothing to do with the coaches' expectations.

Patler
11-11-2015, 01:50 PM
It has nothing to do with the coaches' expectations.

So Randle should have gotten the Fuckdoggle in the past?

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 01:51 PM
I will respond to myself, to modify my statement a bit. Afterall, this is the Fuckdoggle, so normal rules of etiquette don't apply, do they?

I am willing to relent on Ryan's eligibility, but not on his winning.

He was put in because he was expected to be better than Palmer. It was not an act of desperation. It was not a forced move. It was a high-ish draft pick having shown enough to the coaches in practice to be given a chance in a game. To win the Fuckdoggle, he should have to contribute far more than was expected of him, not simply be "OK" and better than Palmer. In essence, all he did was meet expectations. After all, 4th round picks are expected to be players (Bakhtiari, Daniels, Lang, Sitton, etc.)

Playing Goodson was a move of desperation that was forced on the coaches due to players ahead of him going down. In two years, Goodson has not shown enough to get playing time other than on ST. If just one of Shields and Rollins was on the shelf, Goodson likely would not have played. There is no indication that he earned playing time in practice, using him was forced on the coaches. A true Fuckdoggle, in my opinion.

No rules. You can argue or agree with yourself and nobody will care.

Injury is not the only way desperation can occur. One might argue they were pretty desperate due to the terrible play of the defense and the team as a whole. But your point is still very valid.

The argument about expectations being relative high for him as a 4th rounder is precisely on point. That is why I was saying it was a close call. What do you think of the already-expressed arguments on why it might still have been a surprise?

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 01:52 PM
So Randle should have gotten the Fuckdoggle in the past?

Perhaps, but the higher the draft pick, the tougher it is to win. Every day Joes expect a 1st rounder to be decent (even if it is an unreasonable expecation). Ryan is a stretch, can go either way as a 4th rounder.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 01:57 PM
I think if you stick to the original idea of the fuckdoggle, it's pretty easy. It's a guy no one has really heard of coming out of nowhere to make plays that are critical to a Packer win. The guy who Gruden says "Where do they get these guys?" about and about whom fans of other teams say "Who the hell is that guy and why is HE beating us?"

Ryan: nope. If he'd have gotten say a pick (or better yet a pick 6) after the Packers tied it, leading to a game winning FG, absolutely.

Yes. Ryan is only being considered because he had little competition. It is a weekly award, so some winners will be stronger than others. IDK, could go either way. At least it is leading to a good discussion relative to how well he actually played and what expectations were.

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2015, 02:03 PM
I need more information before I can decide what to think about Ryan's nomination. Sharpe, as Head Fuckdoggle, I think you should do some research on this website and compile how many times any Rat mentioned Ryan from draft day til the season opener and then compare that to how many times Rats mentioned Ryan after the season opener. Anything more than 15 mentions and Ryan is disqualified as a Fuckdoggle. In fact, I propose this measure be used as a yardstick for all future Fuckdoggle awardees.

Patler
11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Perhaps, but the higher the draft pick, the tougher it is to win. Every day Joes expect a 1st rounder to be decent (even if it is an unreasonable expecation). Ryan is a stretch, can go either way as a 4th rounder.

My expectations for 4th rounder are fairly high. Maybe not to start the year, but I am always a bit disappointed when a 4th rounder flops, even though it happens somewhat often.

Sixth and seventh rounders I expect to be gone in a few years, with only the occasional one having a real career, like Tauscher and Driver.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I need more information before I can decide what to think about Ryan's nomination. Sharpe, as Head Fuckdoggle, I think you should do some research on this website and compile how many times any Rat mentioned Ryan from draft day til the season opener and then compare that to how many times Rats mentioned Ryan after the season opener. Anything more than 15 mentions and Ryan is disqualified as a Fuckdoggle. In fact, I propose this measure be used as a yardstick for all future Fuckdoggle awardees.

Not sure we should be using Rats as the yardstick. Too many fanatics that know and discuss even practice squad guys. Probably never have a winner.

Patler
11-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Not sure we should be using Rats as the yardstick. Too many fanatics that know and discuss even practice squad guys. Probably never have a winner.

Analyzing Janis that way would be difficult. Lots and lots of mentions, but probably equally divided between him being a HOFer and a burger pusher. :-)

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 02:19 PM

Exactly. The FuckDoggle is about defying expectations. A fourth round linebacker out of OSU is supposed to produce. A FuckDoggle needs to come out of nowhere.

Donald Driver would be a candidate for a lifetime achievement FuckDoggle.

sharpe1027
11-11-2015, 02:39 PM
All valid points being made. It's really just a matter of where to set the bar. Set it too low and the award is somewhat cheapened. Set it too high, they'll be less winners and less to talk about each week.

This week there are two candidates, neither of them is a particularly strong candidate. Is it enough?

esoxx
11-11-2015, 04:14 PM
To Fuckdoggle or not to Fuckdoggle.

That is the question.

esoxx
11-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Exactly. The FuckDoggle is about defying expectations. A fourth round linebacker out of OSU is supposed to produce. A FuckDoggle needs to come out of nowhere.

Ann Arbor is on line 1. They would like a word.

pbmax
11-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Ann Arbor is on line 1. They would like a word.

You tell Harbaugh to hitch up his chinos and hold his horses. We got work to do.

mraynrand
11-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Exactly. The FuckDoggle is about defying expectations. A fourth round linebacker ... is supposed to produce. A FuckDoggle needs to come out of nowhere.

I see your point, but a fourth rounder can still come out of nowhere. Do you know all the fourth rounders from the 2015 draft among Packer opponents? What if one made a huge play off the bench to seal a game. Wouldn't you be saying "Where the hell did that guy come from?"

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Regardless of whether he played well or didn't play well, he was put in because he was EXPECTED to be better than the guy he replaced.

Nothing was expected. It was hope and desperation.

BTW, since when are 4th round rookies expected to be starters?

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2015, 05:47 PM
A fourth round linebacker out of OSU is supposed to produce.

On special teams as a rookie.

All the weeping and gnashing of teeth over the cheapening of the prestigious fuckdoggle award needs to stop. Ryan represents hope. Ryan's Hope. And a great white hope to boot.

Remember: "It is better to curse a single candle than to darken a light."

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 06:52 PM
I see your point, but a fourth rounder can still come out of nowhere. Do you know all the fourth rounders from the 2015 draft among Packer opponents? What if one made a huge play off the bench to seal a game. Wouldn't you be saying "Where the hell did that guy come from?"

True, but Ryan didn't seal the game.

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 06:53 PM
On special teams as a rookie.

All the weeping and gnashing of teeth over the cheapening of the prestigious fuckdoggle award needs to stop. Ryan represents hope. Ryan's Hope. And a great white hope to boot.

Remember: "It is better to curse a single candle than to darken a light."

:-D

Patler
11-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Nothing was expected. It was hope and desperation.

BTW, since when are 4th round rookies expected to be starters?

I don't believe I said they are expected to be starters as rookies, but it isn't a shock if they are. Play and contribute, sure. Eventually become a starter? Sure. Why? Because it is rare when one doesn't make the team (remember Cory Rodgers?) With 32 teams having roughly 1800 players, probably nearly half with 5 years or less experience, why shouldn't each draft supply 150 or more of those? Rounds 1- 4 are only the most promising 130, so why shouldn't you expect a 4th rounder to be one? Of course, all won't be contributors, but it isn't surprising when one is.

Ryan hasn't started yet.

Why was Ryan in the game? Because they expected, thought, hoped he would be better than Palmer was.