PDA

View Full Version : Pinkston signs with VIKINGS!

Brando19
09-01-2006, 09:52 PM
According to espn, Todd Pinkston has agreed to a one year deal with the Minnesota Vikings. I really hope this isn't his break through year and he has 12 TD's.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't worry too much.

BallHawk
09-01-2006, 10:12 PM
He's just another Ferguson.

the_idle_threat
09-01-2006, 11:01 PM
If that. :shock:

Rastak
09-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Boooooooooooo

MasonCrosby
09-02-2006, 07:58 AM
ah...mr. alligator arms finds a new home...

]{ilr]3
09-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Boooooooooooo

Rastak, you think Taylor will still be the #1 WR come game day or will Williamson take over the spot? Either way who do you think will get more catches. I keep looking around trying to get more info on this and its pretty hard to come up with difinitive answers.

Every year I watch Ryan Hoag work his butt off and make some great catches in the pre-season only to not make the team. He had anouther good pre-season (from what I watched). Think he might make the team or the practice squad? I am assuming after Pinkston being brought in there isnt much room now.

Rastak
09-02-2006, 10:12 AM
{ilr]3]
Boooooooooooo

Rastak, you think Taylor will still be the #1 WR come game day or will Williamson take over the spot? Either way who do you think will get more catches. I keep looking around trying to get more info on this and its pretty hard to come up with difinitive answers.

Every year I watch Ryan Hoag work his butt off and make some great catches in the pre-season only to not make the team. He had anouther good pre-season (from what I watched). Think he might make the team or the practice squad? I am assuming after Pinkston being brought in there isnt much room now.

I think Taylor and Williamson will be on the field most of the time. I think they both will do pretty well this year, not pro bowl stuff though. Taylor gets more catches I guess and Williamson get more yards. I think Hoag will get cut, not sure about the practice squad, he may end up there. Jason Carter had a great camp and preseason so I think he's in. If they keep six Hoag is out....if they keep 5 then McMullen is probably cut.

]{ilr]3
09-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Hoag could be the Vikings "Invincible" story if he makes the team :lol:

Local guy, outta no where becomes a hero! :mrgreen:

packers11
09-02-2006, 10:25 AM
hes going to be the answer as the new RANDY MOSS of the team :lol:

O wait... Nevermind the vikings trade away good recievers like Moss.... :wink:

Rastak
09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
hes going to be the answer as the new RANDY MOSS of the team :lol:

O wait... Nevermind the vikings trade away good recievers like Moss.... :wink:

Yea, I guess the Vikings and Packers are similar in that respect.

ahaha
09-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I have to hand it to the Vikings, they made the right choice on Williamson. I thought they were crazy for picking him up instead of Mike Williams last year. Williamson, in his second year, is right on track to becoming an awesome receiver. Williams, on the other hand, has been quite disappointing. Kudos to the f$@king Vikings. Goddamit, they always seem to have a pro-bowl caliber receiver. Randy Moss-Chris Carter-Anthony Carter-Ahmad Rashad-Sammy White.

packers11
09-02-2006, 10:33 AM

YOUR JOKING RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Walker as good as Moss... Jesus there is no comparison.....
That had to be the DUMBEST thing you could HAVE ever said.....

Moss had over 1000+ yards his rookie season and almost brought his team to Superbowl....

Walker was good 2 years ago, but as good as Moss?? Never.. Walker would never change a gameplan like Randy would...

Sorry, but pass the stuff your smoking over....

Rastak
09-02-2006, 10:34 AM
I have to hand it to the Vikings, they made the right choice on Williamson. I thought they were crazy for picking him up instead of Mike Williams last year. Williamson, in his second year, is right on track to becoming an awesome receiver. Williams, on the other hand, has been quite disappointing. Kudos to the f$@king Vikings. Goddamit, they always seem to have a pro-bowl caliber receiver. Randy Moss-Chris Carter-Anthony Carter-Ahmad Rashad-Sammy White.

It's a little early to declare Williamson a great receiver but he sure accelerates fast...I think he'll be a very solid NFL reciever. That was a better pick than Williams though, that's for sure.

ahaha
09-02-2006, 10:36 AM

It's a little early to declare Williamson a great receiver but he sure accelerates fast...I think he'll be a very solid NFL reciever. That was a better pick than Williams though, that's for sure.

True, it's early. But, he's right on track.

ahaha
09-02-2006, 10:38 AM

YOUR JOKING RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Walker as good as Moss... Jesus there is no comparison.....
That had to be the DUMBEST thing you could HAVE ever said.....

Moss had over 1000+ yards his rookie season and almost brought his team to Superbowl....

Walker was good 2 years ago, but as good as Moss?? Never.. Walker would never change a gameplan like Randy would...

Sorry, but pass the stuff your smoking over....

I don't think Rastak was claiming Walker was as good as Moss. He was just making a little joke about how the Packers and Vikings traded away their talented receivers.

Tony Oday
09-02-2006, 10:56 AM
He was just saying both teams traded a good WR because they are asses ;)

packers11
09-02-2006, 11:04 AM
He was just saying both teams traded a good WR because they are asses ;)

:? I see what you mean... But Randy did not wanted to be traded.. It was because of his attitude.. The walking away with 3 seconds , and the Lambeau mooning.....

I would have kept the guy :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Troy Williamson definitely looks like a better pick than Mike Williams, but Shawne Merriman and Demarcus Ware were drafted just after both guys. Shawne Merriman is an animal. Yes, they did draft the better receiver, but they didn't have to reach for need.

ahaha
09-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Troy Williamson definitely looks like a better pick than Mike Williams, but Shawne Merriman and Demarcus Ware were drafted just after both guys. Shawne Merriman is an animal. Yes, they did draft the better receiver, but they didn't have to reach for need.

Good point. How scary would their defense be if they had waited to pick Williamson with their second first rounder, and taken Merriman with that first pick. All I can say is WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmdk
09-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Pinkston, now that's one scary player...no wait...that's one skinny player. :lol:

On a fantasy note; I think Williamson is a nice sleeper. A # 4 receiver in deep leagues but has potential to be more.

ahaha
09-02-2006, 12:07 PM
On a fantasy note; I think Williamson is a nice sleeper. A # 4 receiver in deep leagues but has potential to be more.

This is the kind of sleeper receiver I love to draft late. A number one pick, who has looked good, and he's entering his second year. I also like Braylon Edwards too. He had some good games last year before getting hurt.

mmmdk
09-02-2006, 12:13 PM

This is the kind of sleeper receiver I love to draft late. A number one pick, who has looked good, and he's entering his second year. I also like Braylon Edwards too. He had some good games last year before getting hurt.

This is not the fantasy forum but if you want real sleeper WRs; then get Greg Jennings or Michael Clayton. :mrgreen: Jennings is on EVERY roster i've got in fantasy football.