PDA

View Full Version : WR Greg Jennings says he has been named STARTER for week 1

chewy-bacca
09-01-2006, 10:10 PM
:shock: :shock:

On packers.com they have post game audio up, in his interview he is asked about starting. He says "I was told I was the starter for today and the bears game" reporter asks "next week vs. the bears?" Jennings "yes" reporter "hows that feel?" Jennings "its an honor"

I had a feeling that catch and run sealed it. Also that Fergi was in and he was not for the rest of the game.

Good for him!

Packnut
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I think my head would have exploded out of frustration if Jennings was'nt our #2 wideout!

BallHawk
09-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Jennings is a class guy.

]{ilr]3
I think my head would have exploded out of frustration if Jennings was'nt our #2 wideout!

Agreed, of course that has nothing to do with the fact that this makes me seem less crazy for keeping him on my FF roster :roll: :cool:

chewy-bacca
I agree, but you know how coaches and GMs can be. Its nice to see that they are "biting the bullet" a little with some personel.

Packnut
09-01-2006, 10:16 PM
{ilr]3]

Agreed, of course that has nothing to do with the fact that this makes me seem less crazy for keeping him on my FF roster :roll: :cool:

I've got 3 drafts left so I'll get him in one of them.

falco
09-01-2006, 11:37 PM
"Out of all the battles I've been in, that was a shock," Ferguson said of losing the starting job. "Would I like the title of starter? Of course I would. Do I agree with (the decision)? I don't agree with it. But I'm not rocking the boat. I'm still going out there doing my job. That's their decision."

Bretsky
09-01-2006, 11:47 PM
"Out of all the battles I've been in, that was a shock," Ferguson said of losing the starting job. "Would I like the title of starter? Of course I would. Do I agree with (the decision)? I don't agree with it. But I'm not rocking the boat. I'm still going out there doing my job. That's their decision."

Ferguson has consistently shown next to nothing to prove he's remotely competent as a starter. TT needs to use his talent juding skills to get quality WR's in here so we can show the Fraud the Door

falco
09-01-2006, 11:59 PM
I just love how Ferguson acts like he keeps getting shafted...the guys had a million and one chances to prove himself.

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 12:10 AM
What, Fergie thinks he deserves to be a starter just because he won the starting WR job last year by default?

he can thank the other WR's for not really stepping up during the pre-season as to the reason he will be on the Packers final roster.

Well, he's got a chip on his shoulder now, let's see if he gives 75% effort instead of the normal 50%

Willard
09-02-2006, 12:23 AM
The Pack sure could use Fergie on ST coverage units where he has always excelled. Perhaps this makes him more available to help out there. I am sure there will be plenty of 3 WR sets this year though.

Bretsky
09-02-2006, 12:41 AM
The Pack sure could use Fergie on ST coverage units where he has always excelled. Perhaps this makes him more available to help out there. I am sure there will be plenty of 3 WR sets this year though.

And if there are the 3 WR's should be Driver, Jennings, and Gardner.

I have no problems making Fergy into a special teams ace; I'd also have no problems seeing him migrate to the CFL.

Willard
09-02-2006, 12:52 AM

And if there are the 3 WR's should be Driver, Jennings, and Gardner.

I have no problems making Fergy into a special teams ace; I'd also have no problems seeing him migrate to the CFL.

I haven't seen anything out of Gardner to make me think he has earned any confidence out of BF either. He and Fergie seem very similar - physically talented, no production. I'll take whoever has the best chemistry with Favre. If its a wash, then let Gardner be #3, and make Fergie capt of ST.

BananaMan
09-02-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm gonna go buy Jennings' jersey now...

PTPaQ
09-02-2006, 02:50 AM
Chemistry is what its about, especially with Brett, and its obvious hes in a groove with Jennings and of course Driver.

Ferguson could be a solid 3, I dont see him blowing up or anything, nor Gardner.

One of them COULD find themselves gone tomorrow, not sure though.

I think we should of kept Chatman, I like how him and Favre connected in 4 receiver sets, he was a quick little route runner, worked the middle well.

Would of been nice to throw a bid in on that Stallworth trade, get rid of Fergy and/orGardner and go in with Donald, Dante and Greg.

It is what it is.

lod01
09-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Well deserved. Congratulations to Greg Jennings.

Bretsky
09-02-2006, 10:29 AM
absolutely; welcome to the forum

B

oregonpackfan
09-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Though I agree that Jennings deserves to be starting at the #2 receiver position, as a rookie he should not be revealing this coaching decision to the press.

He needs to leave it up to the coaches to share this news.

OPF

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Maybe, but remember these guys are still kids and still learning. If I found out I was starting the first game of my rookie year, I'd probably have been standing on top of my locker shouting it out to whatever reporter might be able to hear me. The dance I'd be doing would make for an interesting piece on the evening news as well.

RashanGary
09-02-2006, 11:26 AM
This is the most promising thing I've seen from McCarthy, other than his work with the QB's since he's been here.

People like to knock Fergusons effort. Well, that's bullshit. The guy might be the hardest worker on the field and if he's not the hardest, he's right there with Green, Walker, Driver ect...He's a beast physically. He's fast. He's everything you think you want in a WR but he can't see the ball. He can't adjust to the subtleties of the game. He's just not a good pass catcher. He's horrible.

However, coaches have a very easy time replacing lazy workers. Ferguson is not that. He trains as hard as anyone I see at camp. Coaches never like to replace the try hard vet. It's even harder when he's the strongest most physically gifted WR you have. McCarthy has shown here that he will make the tough move. He'll put the try hard vet on the bench if he's not performing. That is very promising. When the team trusts that the coach is doing what is best for the team and not what is best for his pets, good things happen. The Packers are better for this move and it further shows the incomptence of Sherman to play the best group of guys. Sherman had Ferg starting over Walker all the way untill Ferg got injured. What a fuking joke. FU Sherman. FU.

Sherman was a good coach in alot of areas but when it came to evaluating talent he was a complete idiot. He ruined Brett Favres twilight.

red
09-02-2006, 11:51 AM
good new

good job greg

Chubbyhubby
09-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I am happy for Jennings, He is going to be a stud!

They should cut Fergi and sign Charles Rodgers. Thats my opinion.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I have a related football question. When asked about Jennings in the post-game press conference, M3 responded that he knows the X, Z, and Zebra so it could be Driver, Jennings, and Ferguson. What are the X, Z, and Zebra?

digitaldean
09-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I am happy for Jennings, He is going to be a stud!

They should cut Fergi and sign Charles Rodgers. Thats my opinion.

I am definitely no Fergy fan... but the more I read about Charles Rogers, the less I want him here.