PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Other Games.

ThunderDan
10-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Houston/Indy is two bad teams.

The refs are just screwing the Texans over and over.

Guiness
10-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Hasselbeck with another TD pass. 40 years old and he's like a kid out there!

ThunderDan
10-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Here is an example of the refs.

Houston has been called for PI almost every time they put an arm on the WR. Phil Simms comments that slows down the WR and causes an incompletion.

Next series the Houston WR makes double move and the DB jams the WR going past him. QB over throws by 3 steps. No penalty, no Phil Simms.

ThunderDan
10-08-2015, 10:17 PM
13 penalties for 125 yards and still counting.

Guiness
10-08-2015, 10:25 PM
lol, WHAT was Hoyer thinking there?

Guiness
10-08-2015, 10:35 PM
13 penalties for 125 yards and still counting.

Didn't watch the rest of it, but that was a stupid penalty by Hopkins. Unsportsmanlike for flipping the ball at the DB after a reception, it's ticky-tacky, but valid.

Cheesehead Craig
10-09-2015, 07:19 AM
Hasselbeck with another TD pass. 40 years old and he's like a kid out there!

Look out, QB controversy in Indy! :cnf:

ThunderDan
10-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Didn't watch the rest of it, but that was a stupid penalty by Hopkins. Unsportsmanlike for flipping the ball at the DB after a reception, it's ticky-tacky, but valid.

Yup, that one I agree with.

The Unsportsman Like Conduct against JJ Watt for roughing the QB was comical. Hasselback should get an Oscar for his work. It reminded me of punters who get brushed and then go down flailing their arms.

Fritz
10-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Yup, that one I agree with.

The Unsportsman Like Conduct against JJ Watt for roughing the QB was comical. Hasselback should get an Oscar for his work. It reminded me of punters who get brushed and then go down flailing their arms.

I HATE watching soccer for just this kind of thing. Those damn soccer players crumple like they've been shot in the head every time an opposing team's player gets within breathing distance.

Please, God, since Russell Wilson has taught us that you really do care about NFL football, please don't let the NFL turn into that kind of league.

gbgary
10-11-2015, 03:19 PM
cin driving for the win...

Joemailman
10-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Seahawks lose - Super Bowl losers jinx alive and well.

Joemailman
10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Lions with 4 first half turnovers.

denverYooper
10-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Woodson 2 picks on Manning so far. He's playing a heck of a game today against the run too.

red
10-11-2015, 06:22 PM
well, the reds riders are done with the peyton manning and mike evans experiments

they will be in the unemployment line tomorrow morning

denverYooper
10-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Yeah. Manning looks done.

Rastak
10-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Houston/Indy is two bad teams.

The refs are just screwing the Texans over and over.

Thunder, hoping you don't take offense to this. Seriously. You are the guy who constantly points out missed calls that would benefit the Packers during game threads....kind of the leader in that category here. I do the same thing with my team, although I chime in when I feel the other team got screwed. My wife hates that......"So what, makes up for the other calls we got screwed on". I say "no, it was a shit call".

That said, I saw you started a week 5 thread and said to myself "Self, I wonder if he'll point out missed calls"....and I will be damned, there it was.

Again, sorry, not trolling you. I just thought it was funny as hell.

pbmax
10-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Equal opportunity ref antagonist.

ThunderDan
10-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Equal opportunity ref antagonist.

If I see the refs fucking one team or the other I am going to post it.

ThunderDan
10-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Wow, as shitty as SF played in the first half, with one drive in the 2nd half the game is tied.

ThunderDan
10-11-2015, 09:37 PM
I am not sure how many more 4 yard passes I can take.

SMBASS
10-11-2015, 09:38 PM
If I see the refs fucking one team or the other I am going to post it.

Gotta agree Dan. I'm really getting tired of the continual incompetence of the officiating in the NFL. Still far too many things are getting called wrong even with the replay and advanced technology. Actually costing teams games when every fricking other person in the world can see that the call is wrong or ignored?? Man, that's just not right and it never seems to get talked about enough or fixed. Constantly messing with the rules and making every damn call so complicated isn't helping. Hell, I don't have any idea what actually verifies a, "catch" anymore in the NFL. That 2nd Rodgers interception today...how can officials overturn calls like Megatron's catch against Chicago a few years ago, Dez's catch against the Pack last year, etc, etc, but then call that 2nd int. by Rodgers a catch when half of the ball was laying on the ground when the DB went down. If a receiver doesn't get his hands underneath the ball and keep it from touching the ground they'll call it a, "trap", no-catch 99.99% of the time.

I don't know. It's a sore subject with me too. I'm not going to go all, "conspiracy theory" about it but it does make me wonder sometimes. I've said it on this board before but if I ever lose total interest in the NFL, the officiating/lack of and blatant bad calls will play a big part in that happening.

ThunderDan
10-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Marshmallow with his 2nd holding of the night.

Joemailman
10-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Marshmallow with a couple holds tonight.

ThunderDan
10-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Myles White sighting also.

Joemailman
10-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Suppose Giants wish they'd kept James Jones?

pbmax
10-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Kinda funny that MFF has gotten some good games, but SNF has gotten the clunkers.

mraynrand
10-11-2015, 10:31 PM
^ Not tonight

ThunderDan
10-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Fantastic finish to an incredibly boring first half of a game.

pbmax
10-11-2015, 10:38 PM
^ Not tonight

Nope, every time a Giants WR got injured, the game got better.

mraynrand
10-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Odell Beckham junior is weeping about his hamstring in interview. If he were with the Packers, he would be crying more than Dick Vermeil.

mraynrand
10-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Nope, every time a Giants WR got injured, the game got better.

I confess I only turned it on with about 5 minutes left.

pbmax
10-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I confess I only turned it on with about 5 minutes left.

I watched the first half and then had to turn away until the last Giants drive.

mraynrand
10-11-2015, 10:56 PM
McCown sets throwing record for Brownies - 457

457!!

Tramon Williams still not sorry for offsides last weekend

Joemailman
10-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Something interesting going on in Seattle:

Thomas Rawls: 58 carries, 326 yards, 5.6 YPC.
Marshawn Lynch: 38 carries, 128 yards, 3.4 YPC.

Given the problems Seattle has on the OL, is a younger quicker Rawls better even when Lynch comes back?

mraynrand
10-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Sometimes RBs get old overnight.

Fritz
10-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Lions' fans apoplectic after yesterday's absolute turd. Heard a great clip from Lions' safety Glover Quinn this morning. He sounds absolutely lost, absolutely confused about what the hell is happening.

Matt Stafford was yanked in the third quarter. The whole season has gone in the shitter for the Leos, and nobody knows what the hell to do about it. Bill Ford Jr. came out over the weekend and said he's no longer really involved with the team; he says his mom - Bill Sr.'s 90-year-old wife Martha - is in charge of the Lions.

Detroit quickly moving past Cleveland and Oakland for the Factory-of-Sadness Award.

hoosier
10-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Lions' fans apoplectic after yesterday's absolute turd. Heard a great clip from Lions' safety Glover Quinn this morning. He sounds absolutely lost, absolutely confused about what the hell is happening.

Matt Stafford was yanked in the third quarter. The whole season has gone in the shitter for the Leos, and nobody knows what the hell to do about it. Bill Ford Jr. came out over the weekend and said he's no longer really involved with the team; he says his mom - Bill Sr.'s 90-year-old wife Martha - is in charge of the Lions.

Detroit quickly moving past Cleveland and Oakland for the Factory-of-Sadness Award.

Hard to figure which is sadder, Detroit or the new Suh.

mraynrand
10-12-2015, 10:14 AM

Where's the QB??

http://scheierassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/beef1.jpg

mraynrand
10-12-2015, 10:18 AM
I had no idea what I was doing here
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/caldwellsad.jpg
Or here:
https://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/455890852.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

Is this thing really on? Who is on the other end of this thing? Who is that old lady yapping in my ear?

pbmax
10-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Hard to figure which is sadder, Detroit or the new Suh.

Somewhere online, there was an idea for a poll, which personnel transaction had done the most damage to both teams?

1. Ndamukong Suh
2. Jimmy Graham/Max Unger

hoosier
10-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Somewhere online, there was an idea for a poll, which personnel transaction had done the most damage to both teams?

1. Ndamukong Suh

Interesting. At first blush it's obviously #1 because it involves two teams in death spirals. But #2 just might be associated with the descent of one of the league's dominant teams to mediocrity, which in the end might be more the significant transformation. Now if only Michigan would return to their losing ways we could have a third option to debate. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Seattle can recover some semblance of an offense before this one can be decided.

Cobra Kai
10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
This is something that has been building for the last couple of seasons but I noticed it more than ever this past weekend in other games. What is up with the stupid ass trend of players having II, III, JR, SR on their jerseys? The Packers don't do this jackassery as CMIII could and doesn't. I hate it. I'm not going to mistake you for your dad, grandpa, or your fucking son. Its so retarded. I blame the Lions and Titus Young for this...

Fritz
10-12-2015, 01:49 PM

1. Ndamukong Suh

Do you mean the damage done to Detroit by Suh's leaving, or the damage done to Miami by Suh's signing?

mraynrand
10-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Do you mean the damage done to Detroit by Suh's leaving, or the damage done to Miami by Suh's signing?

yes

esoxx
10-12-2015, 06:33 PM
This is something that has been building for the last couple of seasons but I noticed it more than ever this past weekend in other games. What is up with the stupid ass trend of players having II, III, JR, SR on their jerseys? The Packers don't do this jackassery as CMIII could and doesn't. I hate it. I'm not going to mistake you for your dad, grandpa, or your fucking son. Its so retarded. I blame the Lions and Titus Young for this...

Cobra Kai,

You have bestowed honor upon this thread. I bow in your general direction.

Repped

pbmax
10-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Both. The question was which scenario was more lose-lose.

Guiness
10-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Lev'on Bell...wow. I don't remember seeing a back like that since Barry Sanders.

Guiness
10-12-2015, 09:35 PM
The latitude with which the referees decide there was a 'receiver in the area' is nothing short of ridiculous. I just watched Rivers throw the ball directly at the ground at the feet of a rusher who was 2-3 yards away...no penalty.

MadScientist
10-12-2015, 10:01 PM
SD looks very mediocre and they are running out of O-linemen. If they don't heal quick, the Packers should have a good game next week.

pittstang5
10-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Gates is gonna cause us fits

Striker
10-12-2015, 10:32 PM
So many Steelers fans in San Diego...

Striker
10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
That flag gives Pittsburgh such a great spot.

MadScientist
10-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Assuming the TD stands, why do they bother with the extra point? If they have to do something, just take a knee.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Gates is gonna cause us fits

I think we might choose to cover him. Unlike the Steelers zone in the middle.

Gates nearly cost me in Rat FF. Holy crap my lead barely held. :)

pbmax
10-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Huge, gutsy call by Tomlin. Love it. First time since the 1st Quarter the Steeler O looked functional was that 2 minute drive.

Fritz
10-13-2015, 10:35 AM
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/john-niyo/2015/10/12/niyo-lions-trouble-top/73850720/

What he said, below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf0fmqWS-kI

Joemailman
10-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Russell Wilson is on a pace to be sacked 70 times. That's astounding for a player with his mobility. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/russell-wilson-is-on-a-70-sack-pace/ When you add in how much he runs the ball, that's a lot of hits. He's never missed a game, but the Seahawks are playing with fire if they don't find a way to protect him.

Cheesehead Craig
10-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Russell Wilson is on a pace to be sacked 70 times. That's astounding for a player with his mobility. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/russell-wilson-is-on-a-70-sack-pace/ When you add in how much he runs the ball, that's a lot of hits. He's never missed a game, but the Seahawks are playing with fire if they don't find a way to protect him.

He's gonna get David Carr Syndrome

Smidgeon
10-13-2015, 06:21 PM

They should get an all pro center to protect him.

Seriously. Was that decision Schneider or Carroll?

pbmax
10-13-2015, 06:52 PM

Its a mirror image of Randall Cunningham's Eagles. Great D, terrible O line. But Russell probably has better O line coaching going for him. Randall had Buddy Ryan, who taught Rex all he knew (close to zero) about the importance of keeping your QB alive and functioning.

smuggler
10-13-2015, 08:33 PM
The latitude with which the referees decide there was a 'receiver in the area' is nothing short of ridiculous. I just watched Rivers throw the ball directly at the Iground at the feet of a rusher who was 2-3 yards away...no penalty.

It's pretty terrible. They also do the vector passing shit, where if the ball is thrown in the direction of a player, it's not grounding. Even if it's 25 yards over his head and out of bounds. That IS intentional grounding.