PDA

View Full Version : Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Rams

Joemailman
10-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Studs

Quentin Rollins - 2 INT's - 1 for a TD.
Julius Peppers - 1 sack and pressure which forced INT for TD.
Clay Matthews - 1.5 sacks and pressure all day. Clay is having his best season.
Ty Montgomery - 4 catches, 59 yards, 1 TD.
James Jones - 2 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD. TD was a great play when Packers offense really need one.

Duds

Aaron Rodgers - 3 turnovers
Eddie Lacy - 13 carries for 27 yards. Didn't have a lot of running room, but made some bad decisions.

red
10-11-2015, 04:05 PM
duds=

the o-line
and injuries

Striker
10-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Studs
Clay - Beast.

Rollins - Huge day from the rookie.

The defense in general - 4 picks, kept Bradford under pressure all day.

J. Jones - Catch and run was huge.

Duds
A. Rodgers - Not his best day. Didn't take care of the ball like he normally does (though to be fair both picks weren't bad decisions and the second one is questionable at best). Off all day in general.

R. Rodgers - Cost the Packers between 3-7 points on one drive.

Masthay - Hopefully he finds his way off this list at some point.

Injuries - still absurd.

denverYooper
10-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Studs - Defense
Duds - Offense

2 weeks running now.

Joemailman
10-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Studs
Clay - Beast.

Duds
A. Rodgers - Not his best day. Didn't take care of the ball like he normally does (though to be fair both picks weren't bad decisions and the second one is questionable at best). Off all day in general.

Injuries - still absurd.

I'll defend Masthay a little bit here. His gross was 47 with a net of 37. He had 1 bad punt, a 39 yarder that he put in the end zone. He had a 53 yarder that should have been downed by Janis inside the 5. If that had happened, his net would have been much better. The 2 other punts were 47 and 52 yards with basically no return. So the worst thing he did was make the Rams start at their own 20. I can live with that.

Maxie the Taxi
10-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Honorable Mention Studs:

Mike Daniels -- Hustled all afternoon, 7 unassisted tackles, 1 tackle for loss

Micah Hyde -- All over the field, 5 unassisted tackles, 1 interception, 2 passes defensed

HaHa Clinton-Dix -- Made a TD-saving tackled, made game-ending interception, had a key pass defense. 6 unassisted tackles

Jayrone Elliott -- Made 3 unassisted tackles, one on Gurley that prevented a really long gainer

James Starks -- Ran with usual abandon, picked up key first downs, caught 3 passes

DickRod -- Lead team in pass receptions with six, made key first down catch/run

Datone Jones -- Three QB hurries and a blocked FG

Me -- For predicting Monty's big game

Honorable Mention Duds:

DickRod -- Dropped a dagger TD pass and made a bonehead hands to the face penalty that negated a Monty big gainer and first down

KYPack
10-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Studs
Clay - Beast.

Duds

Injuries - still absurd.

Good to see ya posting, Strike.

Bradford is getting his mail in Philly now.

Striker
10-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Good to see ya posting, Strike.

Bradford is getting his mail in Philly now.

D'oh.

Though honestly, they seem pretty interchangeable...

Smidgeon
10-12-2015, 12:38 AM
It felt like the Buffalo game last year. The difference was the defense this year.

Jones gets both. Stud for the long TD, Dud for not coming back to the second INT.

Tony Oday
10-12-2015, 12:32 PM
I can't give AR a dud...he was average.

Pugger
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
The best thing about yesterday's game is AR had a poor day by his standards but we still won because of our defense. Like Smidgeon said - this felt like the Buffalo game but the outcome is much different.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Bulaga playing 23 days after knee surgery, and playing reasonably well, deserves .... a medal? an investigation?
Even for the most minor cartilage repair, that is incredible turnaround. That isn't even enough time for a rehab to take hold.

That was an amazing accomplishment. Hope he is not swollen up today.

Fritz
10-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Bulaga playing 23 days after knee surgery, and playing reasonably well, deserves .... a medal? an investigation?
Even for the most minor cartilage repair, that is incredible turnaround. That isn't even enough time for a rehab to take hold.

Only with pride, my friend. Only with pride.

KYPack
10-12-2015, 02:32 PM

Absolutely.

I was shocked to see him go out there.

He's a tough guy.

I got scoped a few years ago & that knee hurt for a lot longer than everybody told me it would.

I also saw why you were pimping for Walker to play RG.

He looks like a great kid.

Like to see him give TJ a blow next week and the bye.

That should get him healthy for the push to the end.

smuggler
10-12-2015, 03:44 PM
So did Walker play well at LG? I heard talk he was pulled for Barclay at some point...

Joemailman
10-12-2015, 03:47 PM
So did Walker play well at LG? I heard talk he was pulled for Barclay at some point...

RG. I think Barclay came in for 1 series, and then Walker was back. Not sure why.

Joemailman
10-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Absolutely.

I was shocked to see him go out there.

He's a tough guy.

I got scoped a few years ago & that knee hurt for a lot longer than everybody told me it would.

He looks like a great kid.

Like to see him give TJ a blow next week and the bye.

That should get him healthy for the push to the end.

Yeah, following the bye Pack has back to back road games at Denver and Carolina. Would be nice to go into those games with some semblance of a full squad.

sharpe1027
10-12-2015, 04:09 PM
I am pretty sure I saw Tretter out there at some point too.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2015, 04:36 PM
I am pretty sure I saw Tretter out there at some point too.
The sharp-eyed scouts in the game day thread noted he was blocking TE in the bent wishbone formation..

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2015, 04:47 PM
I've long forgotton why I STAND WITH WALKER; it is now a question of honor, loyalty and face-saving.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 05:48 PM

Yes, we had conflicting reports on Twitter but Joe has the more complete version from Silverstein.

Walker remains in second to Jones for the 2015 Bruce Wilkerson Award.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 05:48 PM
The sharp-eyed scouts in the game day thread noted he was blocking TE in the bent wishbone formation..

U-71 backup.

Joemailman
10-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 3h3 hours ago
#Packers LB Clay Matthews has been fined $17,363 by the NFL for his first-quarter knockdown of #Rams QB Nick Foles. No penalty on the play.

pbmax
10-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 3h3 hours ago
#Packers LB Clay Matthews has been fined $17,363 by the NFL for his first-quarter knockdown of #Rams QB Nick Foles. No penalty on the play.

Well that's one new rule we understand at least.

Pugger
10-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Studs
Clay - Beast.

Duds

Injuries - still absurd.

The league fined the Beast $17,363 for his hit on Foles last Sunday.