PDA

View Full Version : Packers defense - WHAT!

RashanGary
10-12-2015, 09:51 AM
#7 ypg
#2 ppg

WHAT?!?!

The Packers are starting to look like a championship caliber team. Davante Adams coming back could open up our offense again, and that would help, but history shows top defenses and top Qbs usually win superbowls!!

RashanGary
10-12-2015, 10:03 AM
I said a handful of times during that game, "I haven't seen the Packers defense dominate like this since 2010." Daniels, Raji, Elliotte, Matthews, Peppers...... All looked quick and powerful. The back 7 played well and had splashes of excellent mixed in!! Defense looks good!!

hoosier
10-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Don't jinx it. They need #12 and CMIII to stay healthy in order to have a chance, and that has not always been an easy order.

3irty1
10-12-2015, 10:45 AM
They better hurry up and win the superbowl because a bunch of these guys on the defensive line are playing their way right out of our budget.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 10:50 AM
They better hurry up and win the superbowl because a bunch of these guys on the defensive line are playing their way right out of our budget.

Which is why the salary cap picture brightened after Raji and Perry got hurt.

mission
10-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Isn't the cap making a fairly big jump soon?
And yes, the defense is looking awesome. Was telling my wife it's more fun watching us WITHOUT the ball than with lately.

Joemailman
10-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Isn't the cap making a fairly big jump soon?
And yes, the defense is looking awesome. Was telling my wife it's more fun watching us WITHOUT the ball than with lately.

An article in PFT from 2014 predicted cap could hit 145 million in 2015 (it hit 143+), and 160 million in 2016. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/cap-could-hit-160-million-in-2016/

Guiness
10-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Which is why the salary cap picture brightened after Raji and Perry got hurt.

We should get news on them tomorrow?

I also assume Richardson will be IR'd and get an injury settlement sooner rather than later? I can't see him coming back if the injury is anything like what was announced.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 12:14 PM
We should get news on them tomorrow?

I also assume Richardson will be IR'd and get an injury settlement sooner rather than later? I can't see him coming back if the injury is anything like what was announced.

Actualy, we'll get word today when M3 does his Monday PC. If its terrible news, he'll announce. If its anything from 2-6 weeks, he will hem and haw.

Tony Oday
10-12-2015, 12:26 PM
I would imagine Raji is not that bad but not that hopeful about Bulaga. Perry...eh...we have replacements.

smuggler
10-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Did Bulaga get reinjured? Or are you referring to Lang?

Tony Oday
10-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Did Bulaga get reinjured? Or are you referring to Lang?

hahah I guess Im just used to typing Bulaga!!! Yeah Lang.

Pugger
10-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Evidently after the game Lang tweeted his injury isn't serious. I saw photos of him with a soft knee brace walking outside of Lambeau.

Guiness
10-12-2015, 01:23 PM
I would imagine Raji is not that bad but not that hopeful about Bulaga. Perry...eh...we have replacements.

Perry is more replaceable, but I think he's a more important cog than many of us are giving him credit for. He and Neale are making things happen out there.

mraynrand
10-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Perry is more replaceable, but I think he's a more important cog than many of us are giving him credit for. He and Neale are making things happen out there.

This defense seems more like a mousetrap defense - it needs all it's parts to work.

Fritz
10-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Perry has been a bulldog, both against the run and driving his guy straight into QB's. I think if he's lost for the season this defense is not going to be able to replace, exactly, those traits. Andy Mulumba's probably a nice guy and all, but he's not going to be able to do those things, and giving Neal and Peppers more snaps is not going to help them, either. And I think Elliot is more a speed-rusher chaser guy.

red
10-12-2015, 07:19 PM
i'm still at the point where i'm waiting for the defense to completely shit the bed any game now and come back to earth

hopefully they don't, but history has told us otherwise

hoosier
10-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Perry sighting in the lockerroom tonight, he was wearing left arm in a sling. Sounds like at least six weeks on the shelf for him.

gbgary
10-12-2015, 07:43 PM
take away the bear game, and one running play yesterday, and they've been fantastic.

pbmax
10-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Perry sighting in the lockerroom tonight, he was wearing left arm in a sling. Sounds like at least six weeks on the shelf for him.

Which did he have surgery on this offseason?

pbmax
10-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Pics, I am not sure how recent, show he has a harness on his right. So he may have done something to the "good" shoulder.

hoosier
10-12-2015, 08:32 PM

Don't know for sure but think it was the right one. This time he hurt the other one, the wrong one. https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/UpOhneNhnDLbqxECa5pvBbyXn-Y=/0x368:3069x2414/709x473/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46550822/usa-today-8173953.0.jpg

Fritz
10-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Well, if it's six weeks, then let the guy heal up so he's not playing with such a ginger shoulder, then get him back to get ready for the playoffs.

Say, they could've used that IR designated to return designation!

Pugger
10-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Well, if it's six weeks, then let the guy heal up so he's not playing with such a ginger shoulder, then get him back to get ready for the playoffs.

Say, they could've used that IR designated to return designation!

Unfortunately Perry got hurt after the deadline to use that distinction.

red
10-13-2015, 09:29 PM

and we already used it on that walking failed abortion that is Quarless

mraynrand
10-13-2015, 10:32 PM
and we already used it on that walking failed abortion that is Quarless

Stay classy San Diego

Tony Oday
10-14-2015, 06:16 AM
http://m.jsonline.com/sports/blogs/332562292.html

Tony Oday
10-14-2015, 06:17 AM
2-4 weeks. No surgery needed.

red
10-14-2015, 07:51 AM
so in packers terms, 6-8 weeks

Fritz
10-14-2015, 09:04 AM

I know. I was being a smart ass.

But maybe I was wrong, because I read somewhere in the JSO this week that if Lang, Perry, and Raji can't go this week, the entire inactive list will be made up of injured players. Hundley would have to be activated.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Hundley would have to be activated.

Good, he can play catch with Abby on sideline.

Even if Perry is out with worst case scenario - 6-8 weeks - it is not tragic. Point is to have relatively healthy team near end of season. They have enough depth to win home field.

Fritz
10-14-2015, 06:47 PM
How true that is.

Bretsky
10-14-2015, 07:10 PM
It's time to all agree TT finally gave Dom Capers the talent to have an above average defense. So give the DOMINATOR credit

Since Wist is not here to agree I'll just second the notion for him

Fritz
10-15-2015, 05:15 AM
Bretsky, you are a scholar and a hot-lesbian-loving gentleman.

mission
10-15-2015, 07:58 AM
It's time to all agree TT finally gave Dom Capers the talent to have an above average defense. So give the DOMINATOR credit

Since Wist is not here to agree I'll just second the notion for him

Obviously it'd be speculation (unless you know, aren't you guys friends IRL?), but is wist not here entirely because the defense is playing well? Seems silly.

Smidgeon
10-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Obviously it'd be speculation (unless you know, aren't you guys friends IRL?), but is wist not here entirely because the defense is playing well? Seems silly.

The correlation fits previous times where the Packers defense is playing well.

Fritz
10-15-2015, 12:57 PM
I know that I disappear when the Packers' season is over due to a tough loss. I stayed away after the Seattle game for months. Not because I didn't want to hear the "I told you so's" (though I didn't) but because I was so heartbroken I couldn't talk Packers at all, with anyone, without throwing up in my mouth a little. Not that I mind the taste of my own throw-up so much - it's not great, but it's along the lines of being able to tolerate one's own farts - but it makes the people around me a little ill. Especially my wife when I try to kiss her.

I stay away after a season-ending loss because it hurts too much. I stop discussing football, period, for a few months. I ask myself why the hell I spend so much time reading and writing about a group of paid professionals whom I root for simply because they wear a certain colored helmet. Then, like any addict, I find myself tempted ("It'll be different this time!") by the draft, and I start up again.

I suspect Wist would rather be right and have the Packers lose than be wrong and watch them win, but really, I don't know. He may be having health problems. If so, I wish him well, even though I can't stand his posts. But I do wish him well.

mission
10-15-2015, 01:33 PM
I know that I disappear when the Packers' season is over due to a tough loss. I stayed away after the Seattle game for months. Not because I didn't want to hear the "I told you so's" (though I didn't) but because I was so heartbroken I couldn't talk Packers at all, with anyone, without throwing up in my mouth a little. Not that I mind the taste of my own throw-up so much - it's not great, but it's along the lines of being able to tolerate one's own farts - but it makes the people around me a little ill. Especially my wife when I try to kiss her.

I stay away after a season-ending loss because it hurts too much. I stop discussing football, period, for a few months. I ask myself why the hell I spend so much time reading and writing about a group of paid professionals whom I root for simply because they wear a certain colored helmet. Then, like any addict, I find myself tempted ("It'll be different this time!") by the draft, and I start up again.

I suspect Wist would rather be right and have the Packers lose than be wrong and watch them win, but really, I don't know. He may be having health problems. If so, I wish him well, even though I can't stand his posts. But I do wish him well.

I'm exactly the same. You guys don't usually see me come back until draft time, but it's never about me getting called out or anything, even though I rarely make strong enough proclamations for that to come into play. I'm the one-post peanut gallery offering little of value. :D
This year was especially bad for me (obviously not alone) and I think the SB winning year, I spent more time on the board during the offseason by contrast.

3irty1
10-15-2015, 01:55 PM
I think wist is probably over the moon right now and thus doesn't need us as his combination rant-audience/support group. I'm sure the number of people jonesing to force feed him some crow isn't exactly expediting his return but he'll be back. And when he does return he'll be unapologetic, take credit for whatever went well, create an echo chamber of hyperbole for whatever didn't, come up with a new nickname for Capers, and traffic on the site will triple.

pbmax
10-15-2015, 02:28 PM
The correlation fits previous times where the Packers defense is playing well.

Weren't his last two posts on the Packer forum right about the 2nd half when the Seahawks put together two good drives in a row? :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Bretsky, you are a scholar and a hot-lesbian-loving gentleman.

you just reminded me of the funniest euphemism in the english language, "gentleman's club"