PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Chargers/Bolts Week

pbmax
10-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m17 minutes ago
#Packers OL TJ Lang has a minor knee sprain, source said. He has a chance to play this week, though maybe an outside chance.

Rapoport has a cousin working the switchboard* for the Packers so this info is likely 98% accurate.

*Router for you under 50 types

pbmax
10-12-2015, 11:42 PM
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=56411&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Lang: minor MCL damage

Raji: spike caught in turf, twisted leg awkwardly

Fritz
10-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Well, speaking as a typical fan, I say rest Lang, Raji, Adams, Burnett, Perry, and anyone who has even a slightly tight hammy or quad.

Then I'll complain when they lose.

Joemailman
10-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Well, speaking as a typical fan, I say rest Lang, Raji, Adams, Burnett, Perry, and anyone who has even a slightly tight hammy or quad.

Then I'll complain when they lose.

I think Lang will play, but you may get your wish on the rest of them. They won't lose.

Chargers haven't been able to run the ball much this year. Should make it easier for the pass rush to get after Rivers.

pbmax
10-13-2015, 06:50 PM
MGIII

MGIII

MGIII

!!!

Joemailman
10-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Justin Perillo signed to 53 man roster. Richardson to IR. Kyle Sebetic signed to practice squad. http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-sign-TE-Justin-Perillo-to-active-roster-S-Sean-Richardson-placed-on-IR/3f3692f0-63d0-41a9-a8f9-92f2522013c9

mraynrand
10-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Fat Perillo Pad is back! He is prepared for those cold Wisconsin winters with an extra layer of blubber. Wonder if he'll get some blocking opportunities.

Richardson: please retire. Listen to Neck Collins, and avoid the wheelchair.

run pMc
10-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Justin Perillo signed to 53 man roster. Richardson to IR. Kyle Sebetic signed to practice squad. http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-sign-TE-Justin-Perillo-to-active-roster-S-Sean-Richardson-placed-on-IR/3f3692f0-63d0-41a9-a8f9-92f2522013c9

They needed someone besides R.Rodgers to play TE. Backman isn't ready yet. Agree that Richardson should retire.

Joemailman
10-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Fat Perillo Pad is back! He is prepared for those cold Wisconsin winters with an extra layer of blubber. Wonder if he'll get some blocking opportunities.

Richardson: please retire. Listen to Neck Collins, and avoid the wheelchair.

I don't think Collins listened. I think the Packers simply refused to put him on the field. That's probably what will happen to Richardson.

Fritz
10-14-2015, 06:46 PM
They needed someone besides R.Rodgers to play TE. Backman isn't ready yet. Agree that Richardson should retire.

Adam Schefter reporting that the 49ers would be willing to move Vernon Davis (whose contract expires at the end of the year and is for about 7 million) for a mid-round pick.

Anyone?

Ted?

Buehler?

mission
10-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Adam Schefter reporting that the 49ers would be willing to move Vernon Davis (whose contract expires at the end of the year and is for about 7 million) for a mid-round pick.

Anyone?

Ted?

Buehler?

Mid round for a partial year? His value is pretty low. I'd say a 7th, but higher if the team can get an extra year or two on an extension. He's 31 though.

And we know how he feels about Wisconsin.

I like the idea of it if it could somehow work though.

hoosier
10-14-2015, 07:43 PM
I think I heard Vern Davis wasn't interested in playing in GB....

CaliforniaCheez
10-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Let the hurting rest. We will see them in November.

Some of the young guys are getting a lot of experience with all the reps they are getting.

Joemailman
10-14-2015, 08:15 PM
Mid round for a partial year? His value is pretty low. I'd say a 7th, but higher if the team can get an extra year or two on an extension. He's 31 though.

And we know how he feels about Wisconsin.

I like the idea of it if it could somehow work though.

He's 31, he's missed their last 2 games with a knee problem, and he's caught 8 passes this year. I wouldn't give up a pick for him. The money isn't prohibitive. His base salary is 4.35 million, so he would cost about 3 million the rest of the year. But he's not the same player he used to be. Last year he caught 26 passes for 245 yards. I just don't think he's that good anymore.

smuggler
10-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Vernon isn't worth what they would want for him, and his salary is guaranteed, so the 49ers don't get relief by cutting him. He stays the year.

As others have said, he's in his twilight. And he doesn't want to be here.

Fritz
10-15-2015, 05:13 AM
Vernon isn't worth what they would want for him, and his salary is guaranteed, so the 49ers don't get relief by cutting him. He stays the year.

As others have said, he's in his twilight. And he doesn't want to be here.

He didn't want to be here when he was a kid. He might've changed his tune now, being a grown man. A chance to get onto a talented team with a shot at the SB and with the best quarterback in the game might look a lot better than playing out the string with a crummy team.

I'm not sure what he's got in terms of speed, but if he has any left, I say give it a go.

On an entirely different note, I wonder if Michael Cohen dislikes Aaron Rodgers. Note this line from this morning's story on Rodgers's bad game:

" And sprinkled throughout the six-minute interview on Wednesday was the snark-cloaked self-awareness that oozes from the NFL's reigning most valuable player."

Whoa.

smuggler
10-15-2015, 06:58 AM
Doesn't seem that far from the truth. A-Rod is pretty eccentric. And eminently self-aware.

pbmax
10-15-2015, 07:45 AM
I think I heard Vern Davis wasn't interested in playing in GB....

He really wants to be a DE. A 4-3 team should sign him and give him a chance.

pbmax
10-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 17h17 hours ago
#Packers injury report: Adams, Burnett, Goodson, James Jones, Lang, Ryan were all limited. Perry didn't practice. Raji (groin) not on it

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 17h17 hours ago
Bulaga, Cobb and Gunter (heel) were all full participants

Fritz
10-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Doesn't seem that far from the truth. A-Rod is pretty eccentric. And eminently self-aware.

I wouldn't mind being called eccentric, but I would mind being called snarky.

Smidgeon
10-15-2015, 11:09 AM
He didn't want to be here when he was a kid. He might've changed his tune now, being a grown man. A chance to get onto a talented team with a shot at the SB and with the best quarterback in the game might look a lot better than playing out the string with a crummy team.

I'm not sure what he's got in terms of speed, but if he has any left, I say give it a go.

On an entirely different note, I wonder if Michael Cohen dislikes Aaron Rodgers. Note this line from this morning's story on Rodgers's bad game:

" And sprinkled throughout the six-minute interview on Wednesday was the snark-cloaked self-awareness that oozes from the NFL's reigning most valuable player."

Whoa.

Cohen's a writing reporter. Instead of the gift of gab like some others, he has a gift with the written word. So if he sees something, he's going to try to bring alive what he witnessed through his writing.

I sincerely hope he isn't lost in the "both newspapers owned by the same conglomerate" thing. He's the last old-school writer on the block (and honestly, he's only a shadow of what writing used to be).

Fritz
10-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Cohen's a writing reporter. Instead of the gift of gab like some others, he has a gift with the written word. So if he sees something, he's going to try to bring alive what he witnessed through his writing.

I sincerely hope he isn't lost in the "both newspapers owned by the same conglomerate" thing. He's the last old-school writer on the block (and honestly, he's only a shadow of what writing used to be).

To me, calling someone "snarky" is a real insult. It's a criticism of one's character. It surprised me that a writer would write such a thing. To me, it'd be like a writer in 2003 writing "In his usual passive-aggressive way, Brett Favre refused to throw the ball to the wide-open running back who'd earlier fumbled the ball."

swede
10-15-2015, 01:45 PM
To me, calling someone "snarky" is a real insult. It's a criticism of one's character. It surprised me that a writer would write such a thing. To me, it'd be like a writer in 2003 writing "In his usual passive-aggressive way, Brett Favre refused to throw the ball to the wide-open running back who'd earlier fumbled the ball."

I don't know if it is insulting, but it has negative connotations and I don't think Cohen is using the word the way I would. To me, snark is biting, intelligent, mean-spirited sarcastic humor. Mere complaining isn't snark. Good-natured ribbing leans toward snark. A boss that suggests his garden needs weeding because you wore a pair of jeans to work is being snarky. He is sending a wolf's message cloaked in sheep's humor. Cohen's idea that self-awareness can be coated in snark doesn't compute. I don't know that snark can be directed at oneself. That would be like shooting at your own feet to make yourself dance--it just doesn't work that way. I think Aaron's soul is steeped in snark, but he is an expert at handling media sessions to demand better from himself and other players without seeming like a dink.

I have no problem with Cohen calling someone snarky if they have been saying snarky things. But Aaron's media stuff rarely hits snark level. Even his famous R-E-L-A-X moment was only ambiguously snarkish. Did he mean we were stupid to be uptight about our season, or did he mean he understood the anxiety in the fan base but was reassuring us that the team was fine and would still be great? I think we give him the benefit of the doubt that he was simply letting us know that things were okay.

I think San Diego is catching us at a bad, bad time. They lose by 20+

hoosier
10-15-2015, 02:25 PM
I don't know if it is insulting, but it has negative connotations and I don't think Cohen is using the word the way I would. To me, snark is biting, intelligent, mean-spirited sarcastic humor. Mere complaining isn't snark. Good-natured ribbing leans toward snark. A boss that suggests his garden needs weeding because you wore a pair of jeans to work is being snarky. He is sending a wolf's message cloaked in sheep's humor. Cohen's idea that self-awareness can be coated in snark doesn't compute. I don't know that snark can be directed at oneself. That would be like shooting at your own feet to make yourself dance--it just doesn't work that way. I think Aaron's soul is steeped in snark, but he is an expert at handling media sessions to demand better from himself and other players without seeming like a dink.

I have no problem with Cohen calling someone snarky if they have been saying snarky things. But Aaron's media stuff rarely hits snark level. Even his famous R-E-L-A-X moment was only ambiguously snarkish. Did he mean we were stupid to be uptight about our season, or did he mean he understood the anxiety in the fan base but was reassuring us that the team was fine and would still be great? I think we give him the benefit of the doubt that he was simply letting us know that things were okay.

I think San Diego is catching us at a bad, bad time. They lose by 20+

Oh go weed your boss's one-eyed garden weasel.

pbmax
10-15-2015, 02:33 PM
This idea that Rodgers needs balance and to get away from negative people should be resisted. The previous regimen worked wonders and made him a great QB and good teammate.

The more mellow Favre got the more INTs he threw.

I should never be someone's life coach. ;)

SMBASS
10-15-2015, 03:51 PM
This quote from Eddie is kind of funny:

#Packers RB Eddie Lacy when asked about RB Melvin Gordon's transition to the NFL: "I honestly have no idea because I don’t watch football."
— Tom Silverstein (@TomSilverstein) October 15, 2015

pbmax
10-15-2015, 03:54 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 24s24 seconds ago
Give Janis a chance to stretch the field!

Maxie the Taxi
10-15-2015, 06:22 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 24s24 seconds ago
Give Janis a chance to stretch the field!

As the official, real and actual President of The Jeff Janis Jock Sniffing Club, I second that motion!

pbmax
10-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 3h3 hours ago
Bryan Bulaga, Davante Adams, Morgan Burnett, Randall Cobb, LaDarius Gunter, T.J. Lang and James Jones were limited participants today.

Jake Ryan and Demetri Goodson were full participants.

Datone Jones missed practice, but his absence was not injury related.

Nick Perry and B.J. Raji also did not practice.

swede
10-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Oh go weed your boss's one-eyed garden weasel.

Winner of the Rodgers/Cohen Daily Snark Award.

pbmax
10-15-2015, 08:31 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 5h5 hours ago
Abbrederis would be an added wrinkle the Chargers may not have anticipated.

Its normally hard to predict concussions.

Joemailman
10-15-2015, 11:18 PM
http://media.jsonline.com/images/28007144_injreportSD.jpg

vince
10-16-2015, 05:55 AM
Rodgers toes the line - sometimes crosses it - between cocky and confident. When reporters question his play or how he responds after playing poorly, his tongue sharpens up a bit when because he is sensitive to what is said/written about him. I'd say he's maybe more sensitive than he should be, but it also defines the edge that is a big part of what makes him so great. "Snark-cloaked self-awareness" seems like a decent description to that sensitivity.

When a reporter asks a snark-cloaked question that he deems has an underlying critical tone - right or wrong - he'll respond with what he deems an equally snark-cloaked answer.

"Are you going to turn up the intensity after sucking last week?"
"No dumbshit. I don't freak out and change my approach when I have one bad game. They happen every year at some point. I'm going to return to the same high level of play that no one else in the history of the game has achieved on a consistent basis - because my preparation is consistent every week and that's why I'm the best there's ever been. Get over your loaded questions designed to elicit a response I'm not going to give you so you can manufacture non-existent drama to make me look like a chicken little or throw my guys under the bus and help you sell a story."

I agree that those that have said Cohen is really good. He didn't score any points with Rodgers with that comment, but I don't think he crossed any lines of professional ethic or respect as McGinn routinely does in his annual Thompson interview and his "Is there enough intelligence in this room?" lines of questioning.

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Rodgers toes the line - sometimes crosses it - between cocky and confident. When reporters question his play or how he responds after playing poorly, his tongue sharpens up a bit when because he is sensitive to what is said/written about him. I'd say he's maybe more sensitive than he should be, but it also defines the edge that is a big part of what makes him so great. "Snark-cloaked self-awareness" seems like a decent description to that sensitivity.

When a reporter asks a snark-cloaked question that he deems has an underlying critical tone - right or wrong - he'll respond with what he deems an equally snark-cloaked answer.

"Are you going to turn up the intensity after sucking last week?"
"No dumbshit. I don't freak out and change my approach when I have one bad game. They happen every year at some point. I'm going to return to the same high level of play that no one else in the history of the game has achieved on a consistent basis - because my preparation is consistent every week and that's why I'm the best there's ever been. Get over your loaded questions designed to elicit a response I'm not going to give you so you can manufacture non-existent drama to make me look like a chicken little or throw my guys under the bus and help you sell a story."

I agree that those that have said Cohen is really good. He didn't score any points with Rodgers with that comment, but I don't think he crossed any lines of professional ethic or respect as McGinn routinely does in his annual Thompson interview and his "Is there enough intelligence in this room?" lines of questioning.

Good post

pbmax
10-16-2015, 08:16 PM
You know since Cliff took up writing on message boards, JSO has had a pretty good run. Packers must be a draw to professional media people other than Wayne Larravie.

Bedard (who is now at SI), Dunne (who has had two articles go national while on the beat for Buffalo) and Cohen aren't bad at all.

pbmax
10-16-2015, 08:38 PM
The reason Jones missed practice:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5h5 hours ago
#Packers DE @IAM_Dat_One named newborn daughter Laila Shay Jones after @TheRealLailaAli, whose father @MuhammadAli inspires him

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5h5 hours ago
#Packers WR @tae15adams tells @ToddMcMahon23 (and some other guy) he'll practice tomorrow. Hasn't the last few Saturdays, then missed games.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRd5CjRWwAAcV8B.jpg:large

pbmax
10-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 8h8 hours ago
#Packers add @mitchhenry84 to practice squad. He'll need to change his Twitter bio/handle. http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=56551 …

pbmax
10-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3h3 hours ago
#Packers alumni Marv Fleming & Boyd Dowler are in town for #SDvsGB: http://pack.rs/3v7gv

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRiXdNIUsAA-RIn.jpg:large

pbmax
10-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Damn Bears.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
As @adamjahns reported, #Packers lost DL Bruce Gaston to #Bears, who signed him off practice squad. He was making standard $6,600 per week

Guiness
10-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Damn Bears.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
As @adamjahns reported, #Packers lost DL Bruce Gaston to #Bears, who signed him off practice squad. He was making standard $6,600 per week

Don't like to lose any player, but it's not like the Bears are upgrading. They put last year's second round pick, Ego Ferguson, on the DL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/17/bears-put-ego-ferguson-on-injured-reserve/

btw who the hell names their kid 'Ego'?:huh:

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Don't like to lose any player, but it's not like the Bears are upgrading. They put last year's second round pick, Ego Ferguson, on the DL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/17/bears-put-ego-ferguson-on-injured-reserve/

btw who the hell names their kid 'Ego'?:huh:

You have to wonder if Perillo and Backman are both better prospects than Gaston. Maybe.

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3h3 hours ago
#Packers alumni Marv Fleming & Boyd Dowler are in town for #SDvsGB: http://pack.rs/3v7gv

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRiXdNIUsAA-RIn.jpg:large

Give Marv Fleming a sweater and some quaaludes, and he could pass for a 1990s Bill Cosby.

Patler
10-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Ah, Marv Flemming. First player to win 4 Super Bowls. He played in 5 of the first 8 Super Bowls, and won 4 of them.

pbmax
10-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
#Packers WR Davante Adams (sprained ankle) is improving, but he's not expected to play today, source said. Should be back post-bye

RashanGary
10-18-2015, 08:19 AM
It's going to be nice to get Adams back! But waiting till after the bye is probably smart. Let him get and stay healthy!

smuggler
10-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Fucking Bears! DO NOT TOUCH MY GASTON!