PDA

View Full Version : Packers offer to Woodson not sufficient : solid info

motife
04-15-2006, 12:28 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=416017
Tom Silverstein :

"The Packers are still in the running for cornerback Charles Woodson and linebacker LaVar Arrington but it doesn't appear they are close to signing either one. Woodson, according to published reports, has received a contract offer from the Packers but it did not satisfy his financial demands."

Bretsky
04-15-2006, 12:45 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=416017
Tom Silverstein :

"The Packers are still in the running for cornerback Charles Woodson and linebacker LaVar Arrington but it doesn't appear they are close to signing either one. Woodson, according to published reports, has received a contract offer from the Packers but it did not satisfy his financial demands."

This shouldn't surprise anybody; I've said all along it's a dream to get one of these guys; two would be a huge shocker. The turtle operates at his speed and his speed only.

Tarlam!
04-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Disagree. TT has kept to his company policy. He will not rush in where Angels fear to tread.

He definately thinks these two would add benefit to our team, but, he realizes the "star" contract could adversly affect other players' attitudes.

If we get these guys, it will be after tough, but fair negotiating.

His contracts in re-signing our guys have been proof that he will reward effort. Our guys' effort.

The only thing I wish he's do, is redoing DD's contract without necessity. That would be a huge signal to our guys in the locker room. That would cap it off for me and lay the real solid foundations for the future.

I have no issue with his being the tortoise that wins the race against the hares of the league. That is, providing he is consitant between actions and words...

Fritz
04-15-2006, 02:30 AM
I am with you Tarlam. TT's not going to blow up the contract hierarchy just to sign two players who together have not played a full season in either of the past two years.

MacCool606
04-15-2006, 08:47 AM
I agree here too. Since Woodson hasn't signed with TB, they probably didn't meet his demands either. I wonder if the Packers offered more than TB, but he would rather play in TB. Now he is trying to decide if he wants the $$ more than his choice of team.

But, if he begins to think about taking less money than he originally wanted, could more teams enter the bidding?

MJZiggy
04-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Only if they somehow find out the $numbers that are being tossed around.

Fritz
04-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm with you Zigs, it would be interesting to know what TT's original offer was. My guess is he'd be willing to bump it up a bit if need be. But if someone wants to give a corner with an injury history and below-average last season a fat contract, let 'em do it. TT won't.

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2006, 10:52 PM
ESPN radio had John Clayton on. He said Green Bay and Tampa Bay are still in the running. It sounded like Woodson favors Tampa Bay, Green Bay is offering slightly more money, but neither team has offered anywhere near what he's looking for. Should be interesting.