PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week6 vs. Chargers

pbmax
10-18-2015, 07:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRo04cgUYAA7-rS.png:large

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago
First words out of #Packers coach Mike McCarthy's mouth: "Well, that was a fun one."

pbmax
10-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
McCarthy: That was a fun one, that's for sure. Great game, great atmosphere...Fun to be a part of. #SDvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy: This is a football team with a lot of grit...Very good team win. Feel good about 6-0. #SDvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy on Jeff Janis: Jeff is playing really well...I liked what he did with his opportunities on offense. #SDvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy: Winning in the NFL & staying healthy is tough...This bye week is needed. #SDvsGB

pbmax
10-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
Rodgers: It was a good win for us. Good to be 6-0 & get to the bye week to get healthy. #SDvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
Rodgers on bye week: It's nice, this is a good time for us...Getting guys back to 100% will be important.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 52s52 seconds ago
Rodgers: I'm happy, we're 6-0, but there's room for improvement...We don't need to win pretty every week...They all count the same. #SDvsGB

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
Rodgers on Damarious Randall: With the game on the line, he knocked it down...Really proud of him. #SDvsGB

pbmax
10-18-2015, 07:48 PM
No word on Monty. But its his left foot. Could have sworn the replay showed his knee got bucked in. Wow.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
Montgomery has his left shoe off. He's going to take cart to locker room

pbmax
10-18-2015, 07:50 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 7s8 seconds ago
How many years must we suffer this?

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
#Packers RB James Starks said he found out he was starting in the huddle on the sideline prior to the first play.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
Also spoke to T.J. Lang, who said he pushed through this game on adrenaline. Said he didn't trust his knee early on.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 13m13 minutes ago
#Packers RB Eddie Lacy said his ankle was not an issue. His backup, James Starks, said he didn't think there was anything wrong with Lacy.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 10m10 minutes ago
Other players said they thought Lacy was fine or didn't know anything. One teammate said Lacy was "still trying to get his ankle together."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
Lacy slammed in the backfield by Denzel Perryman, who forces a fumble that is recovered by T.J. Lang. Rodgers sacked on the next play.

DRAFTNIKS REJOICE! AND CONDEMN!

pbmax
10-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Damarious Randall ‏@RandallTime 49m49 minutes ago Green Bay, WI
6-0 Back to lab....

Joemailman
10-18-2015, 07:56 PM
If Lacy's ankle is fine, then he needs to lose some weight, because he looks slow. I don't think his ankle is fine.

pittstang5
10-18-2015, 08:02 PM
No word on Monty. But its his left foot. Could have sworn the replay showed his knee got bucked in. Wow.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
Montgomery has his left shoe off. He's going to take cart to locker room

Radio said it was his ankle and questionable to return at half time...so we all know what "Questionable" in Packer Language means.

pittstang5
10-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Looking at Rivers stats - 43 of 65. 500 plus yards and only 20 points. Looking at those yards, score should have been 50 to 27.

There goes the Packer top ten defense ranking, but who cares a win is a win.

pbmax
10-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Rivers threw all but 10 passes within 5 yards of the LOS. They did a great job dinking and dunking then getting YAC. You could live with that except they would then explode down the field for 30. Happened about four times. You can't have both.

I would prefer them to play that offense like they played the Patriots last year. Man coverage and push them around.

But the SD O line was the story of the game. They couldn't run block to save their lives, but they pass protected well.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2015, 08:49 PM
With Gates back, SD had a lot of weapons, Rivers can get on a roll. Completed some on good coverage. Tip your cap. Must have been how Atlanta felt in 2010. We missed some opportunities too. If a team is going to pass that much and the offense can't sustain drives, you need to make every pick chance you get.

pbmax
10-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 60m60 minutes ago
Here is what #Packers RB Eddie Lacy said in response to questions about his ankle:

"My ankle is all right."

"It was OK."

"Yeah I’m cool."

red
10-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Radio said it was his ankle and questionable to return at half time...so we all know what "Questionable" in Packer Language means.

hamstring injury?

Joemailman
10-18-2015, 09:48 PM
548!!!

In case anybody was wondering.

run pMc
10-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Looks like teams are defending Rodgers the way they used to defend Colts-era Peyton or the Warner/Faulk-era Rams: with long clock-killing offensive possessions to keep them off the field. That was a lot of dink and dunk by the Chargers. Was afraid the defense was going to die by 1000 paper cuts.

Rutnstrut
10-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Looks like teams are defending Rodgers the way they used to defend Colts-era Peyton or the Warner/Faulk-era Rams: with long clock-killing offensive possessions to keep them off the field. That was a lot of dink and dunk by the Chargers. Was afraid the defense was going to die by 1000 paper cuts.

So when they got the ball, why didn't GB do the same? Sort underneath passes combined with the run game that was working would have probably worked. Sometimes I think Rodgers and stubby look for the big pass plays too much. Just because Rodgers can throw an accurate deep ball, doesn't mean he always has to try. Take what's given to you.

pbmax
10-18-2015, 11:12 PM
So when they got the ball, why didn't GB do the same? Sort underneath passes combined with the run game that was working would have probably worked. Sometimes I think Rodgers and stubby look for the big pass plays too much. Just because Rodgers can throw an accurate deep ball, doesn't mean he always has to try. Take what's given to you.

No Antonio Gates.

Fritz
10-19-2015, 06:21 AM

Without Jordy Nelson (and Davante Adams and, for most of the game, Montgomery) teams are creeping up on the LOS, and doubling Cobb. That takes away the space underneath. And I don't think Jeff Janis is yet the guy that will force teams out of this configuration.

pbmax
10-19-2015, 07:31 AM
Janis is getting the tough love treatment from the QB.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/despite-jeff-janis-solid-performance-status-uncertain-b99598796z1-333975161.html

Rodgers was hesitant to anoint Janis with the usual "next man up" slogan so often used by the rest of the team whenever injuries pop up.

"I think it's yet to be determined," Rodgers said. "We'll see what Ty's status is and Davante. It'd be great to get Davante back because he adds another dimension on the outside with his quick-twitch ability.

"The week (off) will be good for both of those guys, but we have spots for a lot of different people. We've got to find ways to get our best players on the field at all times and ways to get the ball to them in space."

wootah
10-19-2015, 08:33 AM

#12 was the first to congratulate him after that improvised catch & run.

Pugger
10-19-2015, 08:36 AM
If Lacy's ankle is fine, then he needs to lose some weight, because he looks slow. I don't think his ankle is fine.

I don't either. In his post game presser McCarthy said Lacy was dinged up. I think it is worse than they are letting on. It probably is just good enough to gut thru on game day but it is really hurting his power and that is his game.

Pugger
10-19-2015, 08:37 AM
Rivers threw all but 10 passes within 5 yards of the LOS. They did a great job dinking and dunking then getting YAC. You could live with that except they would then explode down the field for 30. Happened about four times. You can't have both.

I would prefer them to play that offense like they played the Patriots last year. Man coverage and push them around.

But the SD O line was the story of the game. They couldn't run block to save their lives, but they pass protected well.

There were several missed tackles yesterday that kept many a drive going for SD.

pbmax
10-19-2015, 01:15 PM
The End is Not Nigh

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 41m41 minutes ago
RT @RapSheet #Packers WR Ty Montgomery suffered a regular ol’ ankle sprain on Sunday. With bye week, hasn’t been ruled out vs. #Broncos yet.

Freak Out
10-19-2015, 01:25 PM
Lacy took a shot helmet to helmet on that fumble....wonder if he was concussed?

MadScientist
10-19-2015, 01:35 PM

hamstring injury?

Questionable as to whether they will return this year or not.

mraynrand
10-19-2015, 01:36 PM

There's something wrong there. Rodgers should have thrown to him immediately on an early sprint out, then held the ball, and almost got grounding.

This trust issue with Rodgers seems to be taking on a life of it's own. It's not a huge thing, but you can see the hesitation and the 'safe' hard-to-cathc throws towards the more raw receivers.

He' probably somewhat pissed that Janis caught the deep ball that was intended for Rodgers (and was overthrown to Rodgers).

There's something weird going on.

pbmax
10-19-2015, 02:52 PM
There's something wrong there. Rodgers should have thrown to him immediately on an early sprint out, then held the ball, and almost got grounding.

This trust issue with Rodgers seems to be taking on a life of it's own. It's not a huge thing, but you can see the hesitation and the 'safe' hard-to-cathc throws towards the more raw receivers.

He' probably somewhat pissed that Janis caught the deep ball that was intended for Rodgers (and was overthrown to Rodgers).

There's something weird going on.

Rodgers said the deep ball was thrown to Janis.

Fritz
10-19-2015, 04:50 PM

The ol' seventh grade "I meant to do that" strategy.

I do agree that Rodgers seems - seems - to not really want to say anything much nice at all about Janis. I do wonder why.

mraynrand
10-19-2015, 05:11 PM

Janis said on the radio he broke his pattern to the open spot. I suppose I could look at it again to see if Rodgers appear to be throwing to Rodgers or Janis, but right now I don't believe Arod at all.

Smidgeon
10-19-2015, 05:35 PM
The ol' seventh grade "I meant to do that" strategy.

I do agree that Rodgers seems - seems - to not really want to say anything much nice at all about Janis. I do wonder why.

My personal guess based on Janis quotes is that Janis has a very high opinion of himself. Hasn't quite learned how to talk like a teammate (makes sense to an extent considering he was THE star in college). He always seems to be talking up his role in a play instead of his much more talented QBs role (e.g. "I made a great break to give him a window, and he tossed it up" vs "I was just hoping to get open, and he threw a perfect ball"). That's my first read.

Also, as has been mentioned previously, Rodgers manages his relationships with his WRs specifically for each one. He's called out Adams in the media, reportedly does behind-closed-doors "coaching" with others. Maybe it's simply that Janis has shown that he responds better when someone outright says he still needs a lot of work.

Maybe he's just plain cocky in the bad way (which some of his comments could be interpreted as), and Rodgers gets annoyed by it. Who knows.

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2015, 05:51 PM
My feeling is it isn't about cockiness. He's just slow to learn all of the route combinations. Jordy even said it's about being able to answer what you should do in certain situations. It sounds like Janis hasn't been answering those questions correctly. On the plus side, maybe the heat will make Janis study harder - rather than worrying about the next buck he's going to shoot.

Maxie the Taxi
10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
My feeling is it isn't about cockiness. He's just slow to learn all of the route combinations. Jordy even said it's about being able to answer what you should do in certain situations. It sounds like Janis hasn't been answering those questions correctly. On the plus side, maybe the heat will make Janis study harder - rather than worrying about the next buck he's going to shoot.

I think you nailed it, Harv. Jeff is actually a humble budding star who maybe is inhibited by a touch of dyslexia when it comes to reading his playbook. But I guarantee he'll overcome it.

Pugger
10-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Lacy took a shot helmet to helmet on that fumble....wonder if he was concussed?

Didn't Eddie come back in after that? He wouldn't have been able to return if he had a concussion.

deake
10-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Janis said on the radio he broke his pattern to the open spot. I suppose I could look at it again to see if Rodgers appear to be throwing to Rodgers or Janis, but right now I don't believe Arod at all.

They were both there, only Rodgers would know for sure.

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Didn't Eddie come back in after that? He wouldn't have been able to return if he had a concussion.

Good point. Also he was very sharp in post-game interview, deftly dodging loaded questions like he shrugs off safeties:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/334099531.html