PDA

View Full Version : Percy Havin not making trip to London

Guiness
10-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Percy Harvin is not making the trip to London for the Bills game vs the Jags. The stated reason is 'personel' and there have been rumours he's contemplating retirement.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/10/23/whaley-addresses-harvin-situation/

Still can't believe the Bill paid this guy $6M this year. Who were they bidding against???

pbmax
10-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Word is he has now injured his hip, which he injured while compensating for the injury to his knee.

Guiness
10-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Word is he has now injured his hip, which he injured while compensating for the injury to his knee.

I can sympathize with that a little, having done something similar this past year. Those types of hip injuries can be very painful, it put me on the ground getting out of the car a couple of times.

That may or may not be it, as the article stated their calling it 'personal reasons'. I was more shaking my head once again at the money they gave him. I figured he'd be back in the league if he wanted to this year, but I figured it would be for something a lot closer to vet minimum that elite WR dollars. His $6M* number puts him at #18 on the list, just ahead of Emmanuel Sanders, and ahead of both Cobb and Nelson. Lunacy.

*his actual cap number is $4M because the Bills signed a funny money 3 year deal with 2 voidable years to push $2M of his bonus to next year.

Fritz
10-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Percy Harvin is not making the trip to London for the Bills game vs the Jags. The stated reason is 'personel' and there have been rumours he's contemplating retirement.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/10/23/whaley-addresses-harvin-situation/

Still can't believe the Bill paid this guy $6M this year. Who were they bidding against???

If you read the article fully, you'll see that there's more detail. Apparently, Harvin said London didn't seem too interesting, so he thought he'd go to Paris and Madrid instead, and stay in B & B's instead of the drudgery of an English hotel.

Cheesehead Craig
10-23-2015, 10:19 AM

All that injury is likely making his migraine worse.

Guiness
10-23-2015, 10:38 AM
If you read the article fully, you'll see that there's more detail. Apparently, Harvin said London didn't seem too interesting, so he thought he'd go to Paris and Madrid instead, and stay in B & B's instead of the drudgery of an English hotel.

lol, you had me there. I did read the whole article (long as it was) and was going to go back to see what I missed...then I read the rest of your sentence!

red
10-23-2015, 05:49 PM
how anyone pays this guy anything more then the vet minimum is beyond me

also shows just how amazing the queens were when they fleeced a 1st round pick from the seahawks for a guy who had almost never played a down in the nfl and was clearly a nutcase who would only play when he wanted

Guiness
10-24-2015, 10:57 AM
how anyone pays this guy anything more then the vet minimum is beyond me

also shows just how amazing the queens were when they fleeced a 1st round pick from the seahawks for a guy who had almost never played a down in the nfl and was clearly a nutcase who would only play when he wanted

Mhmm. Of course, one of the times he 'wanted' was against the Pack when he befuddled their defense by lining up in the backfield the opening week of 2014.